Type keyword(s) to search

The Arrangement - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 1/19/2017 at 2:02 PM, treeofdreams said:

So what's the scoop on this show?  I heard it is supposed to be based on Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' marriage - or at least "inspired by".

The Scientology angle was pretty obvious but it wasn't until the lead actor was acting out a war scene that I thought Tom Cruise. Throw in his control freakish behavior yeah it's channeling Tom Cruise and Scientology to say the least.

The Arrangement Renewed For Season 2 http://deadline.com/2017/04/the-arrangement-renewed-season-2-e-1202069246/

E! has ordered a 10-episode second season of its hit original scripted series The Arrangement.

Since its March 5 premiere, The Arrangement is averaging 1.3 million total viewers and 725,000 P18-49 in L+3 and continues to rank as the 2nd biggest scripted cable drama launch with young women (W18-34) for 2017, according to E! and Nielsen stats.

• Love 4

Megan and Kyle struggle to reconnect under the pressure of planning the most anticipated wedding in Hollywood.

11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Right?

All I have to say is Megan’s dress in the final scenes looked like stitched-together Kleenex that had been used to remove makeup. 

Yes!  Like something from some Project Runway challenge using various used paper products.  

• Love 3

I liked the episode okay.  I'm glad they are showing that Megan has some PTSD after what happened to her and that she's not okay with what Kyle did to her.  I hated that she fired her agent.  I hope we will see her again because I really like her and she's the only person in her life who isn't tied in with the cult.  Outside of that, I got nothing.  The episode definitely needed something.

• Love 3
On 3/13/2018 at 3:07 PM, Peper81 said:

I liked the episode okay.  I'm glad they are showing that Megan has some PTSD after what happened to her and that she's not okay with what Kyle did to her.  I hated that she fired her agent.  I hope we will see her again because I really like her and she's the only person in her life who isn't tied in with the cult.  Outside of that, I got nothing.  The episode definitely needed something.

I hope she broke off ties but plans to secretly stay in contact. Megan really needs someone 100% on the outside she can trust. 

16 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

And it only costs a cool $2650.

They would have to pay me at least that much to put it on.

• Love 1

Kyle tackles a huge obstacle on his new movie; Megan connects with a person from Kyle’s past to gain insight. DeAnn becomes drawn to an old flame. Shaun pursues her own path.

made me chuckle too! Vartan seriously must negotiate skate time in every project! 

I thought it was interesting that he had this near death experience and not one person cared to find out - did no one notice he didn't have his car? Who did he call to get picked up? Would kinda love to have his character just implode and be his own downfall!

Doesn't look like this show is getting much interest if this is all that have posted! 

• Love 1

Yeah, I don't know anyone else who watches it. My sister and I watch just because of the guys - my sister's older than me and has a thing for youngin' Josh (meh) and meanwhile I'm lusting over the "old guy" (according to her). 

And yeah, why wouldn't he tell anyone about what happened? Maybe it's not part of the IHM philosophy, but seems a tad bit unhealthy not to do so...

I am watching it because the good shows are wrapping up for the season. I still want Megan to take Kyle down or it's not worth it. I have no idea what was up with that scene with Lisbeth (?). That was freaky and then it was as though it never happened.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I'm still watching. I enjoy it. What happened with Kyle's ex, short term memory loss due to poisoning?

I was wondering the same thing.  Especially since she seemed fine when Megan first confronted her in the parking lot.  

• Love 1

I loved the scene where Megan learns all the details from Lizbeth about how/who/why she was poisoned and what all of her symptoms were and how Lizbeth confirmed it was indeed poison.  - Oh wait, that didn't happen.

Hmmm ...Then I loved the scene where Megan comforted Lizbeth and heard the story of how doctors have now diagnosed her with permanent memory impairment as a result of the poisoning.  - Oh wait, that did happen, either.

Okay ...Then I loved the scene where the two gals compared notes with each other, and Lizbeth answered all of Megan's burning questions about why Kyle will never escape the evil clutches Terrance and his Institute of the Higher Mind.  - Oh wait, none of this happened!

What happened in the scene?  It abruptly cut off and the story jumped 2 months into the future.  Because...???  

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Snewtsie said:

I loved the scene where Megan learns all the details from Lizbeth about how/who/why she was poisoned and what all of her symptoms were and how Lizbeth confirmed it was indeed poison.  - Oh wait, that didn't happen.

Hmmm ...Then I loved the scene where Megan comforted Lizbeth and heard the story of how doctors have now diagnosed her with permanent memory impairment as a result of the poisoning.  - Oh wait, that did happen, either.

Okay ...Then I loved the scene where the two gals compared notes with each other, and Lizbeth answered all of Megan's burning questions about why Kyle will never escape the evil clutches Terrance and his Institute of the Higher Mind.  - Oh wait, none of this happened!

What happened in the scene?  It abruptly cut off and the story jumped 2 months into the future.  Because...???  

Exactly! That's why I said it was like it never happened. What the...?

• Love 3

The two month jump was so f-ed up. and no resolution to that bit. I took the scene as Lisbeth being brainwashed/hypnotized. it was so specific. and bizarre. and then just dropped. I am hoping we get a flashback to explain it. We also never got anymore of her lawyer friend out at the other place. so lots of loose ends after this ep. 

Edited by slaterain
  • Love 3

I’m not enjoying this season. After hearing of Kyle’s ex being poisoned and then having similar symptoms, Megan seems.... stupid.

It was while watching this ep that I focused on everyone in the cast being the same age and vapid.  When Michael Vartan is the oldest guy on camera you wonder what universe this is supposed to represent.

The head of the talent agency looked so much like Uma Thurman I had to look her up on IMdB.  I think it's Kristin Lehman.

I did watch this last season but cannot recall for the life of me: 

1.  Why Vartan and Co. kidnapped Megan.  She escaped yet they all work and play together again? 

2.  How and why was Kyle part of it?  Is he just that brainwashed? 

• Love 1

I don’t think she escaped. I think she was trying to escape and that’s when she ran into Kyle and realized he was behind it.

Kyle was part of her being taken away after he paid off the guy who was blackmailing her about her stepbrother, but if you mean why he’s part of IHM in general, I don’t think we’ve learned that yet.

On 3/25/2018 at 8:45 AM, deaja said:

I don’t think she escaped. I think she was trying to escape and that’s when she ran into Kyle and realized he was behind it.

Kyle was part of her being taken away after he paid off the guy who was blackmailing her about her stepbrother, but if you mean why he’s part of IHM in general, I don’t think we’ve learned that yet.

thanks!!!

Please, please let someone else have caught this.  So the girl Michael Vartan was having the affair with had on the EXACT SAME black hipster panties and deep teal bra as Megan was wearing in S1 Ep1 when she was shooting some movie and doing a scene snorting cocaine from a coffee table.

• Love 1

Ok, so just watched the latest episode.  Seems ALL the guys on location got food poisoning from eating bad eggs, while none of the women did.  So is the show making a "subtle" point about all the women in Hollywood being vegan, or that they're all smart enough not to eat eggs after the power kept going off for undetermined amounts of time, while men are not?  Whatever...girl power!

• Love 2

I wondered if anyone was still watching this show.

I keep watching, but I have no idea where it's going.  Kyle's a psycho with a past, Meghan's a psycho with a past, DeAnn's a psycho with a past.

Terence is just a psycho.

• Love 5

I'm still watching but there has been something screwy where my tivo doesn't record the new episodes. They say they are new but they are listed as season 2 ep 1 every time so my tivo thinks I have already recorded it. I have had to manually add the show to record each week which is frustrating. I don't get how my tivo can record every version of a project runway ep but can't handle this when the episode names are different. frustrating!!!

I see glimmers of why I loved the show in season 1 and think that this latest On Location one felt a bit more like it. So glad to have her old agent back. I love that actress. And am intrigued that the agent knew it was a relationship audition! 

• Love 1

I'm still watching and I'm glad we've been seeing a more human side to Kyle... psycho, yes, but it's nice to see emotion from a character who was so guarded he seemed robotic.  Also glad to see Megan's original agent back- love her.  I'm just really NOT a fan of Megan at all.  I don't know if it's bad acting or bad directing, but I find her character always acts too smug & confident for a typical actress.  Also hate to be superficial but that mole on her forehead drives me crazy.  It's all I look at.

I really want to see more of a human side to Terence, and I am intrigued on what the "real purpose" of the contract might end up being.

• Love 6