Type keyword(s) to search

Weekend at Cory's

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

Is it wrong that I'm absolutely in love with Gary? He's such a common guy. Just talking and blurting out all kinds of silly shit. He's not my cup of tea for a partner, but he seems like just a simple guy who is trying to live life. 

It was interesting that he said he was a school guy. Why not go now? Kristina is there as a SAHM apparently, Gary doesn't need to be home. They all could certainly use English classes. It's sad when the most well spoken person is Nathan. 

Interesting that we never heard the stories before of Amber clubbing with men. MTV only gave us some shots of her going to dinner with some creeps. And she complains that they're unfair to her. Imagine if we saw how bad she really was in those addicted days. 

Practical Corey is refreshing. Asking them about insurance. Is Vee working? Jo said she and the baby were covered - what about him? And did Gary answer that question?  He seems to be doing something right if he has paid off his house and is thinking of college funds.  I wonder what he's thinking about Amber's threats of leaving the show. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Interesting that we never heard the stories before of Amber clubbing with men. MTV only gave us some shots of her going to dinner with some creeps. And she complains that they're unfair to her. Imagine if we saw how bad she really was in those addicted days. 

The petty, vindictive person in me wishes they'd pick uo any of this they have on film off the cutting room floor and air it as a good-bye special.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Is it wrong that I'm absolutely in love with Gary? He's such a common guy. Just talking and blurting out all kinds of silly shit. He's not my cup of tea for a partner, but he seems like just a simple guy who is trying to live life. 

It was interesting that he said he was a school guy. Why not go now? Kristina is there as a SAHM apparently, Gary doesn't need to be home. They all could certainly use English classes. It's sad when the most well spoken person is Nathan. 

Practical Corey is refreshing. Asking them about insurance. Is Vee working? Jo said she and the baby were covered - what about him? And did Gary answer that question?  He seems to be doing something right if he has paid off his house and is thinking of college funds.  I wonder what he's thinking about Amber's threats of leaving the show. 

Amber going out clubbing should have come out as one of those "Unseen Moments."

Amber going out clubbing, throwing her studs in Gary's face, and she was pissed at him for not waiting for her to get out of prison? Whatever Amber. You dare to call out Farrah for selling herself. Hey, at least Farrah got paid. You, on the other hand, are being fucked over by someone taking your money. 

Gary is with someone who loves him and respects him. He deserves that in life. He was hung up on you, but hopefully he realizes now it was for all the wrong reasons. 

I loved how Jo was all about his kids. He mentioned missing his family and enjoying the quality time he has with Isaac. 

I want more of this show, but I also want the kids to no longer be exposed to the drama. They get enough of that when MTV is not around. 

• Love 9

I finally caught this show. I loved it. I want more of this, MTV! Add the kids and and it will be even better. Or I would watch a season the dads road trippin across the US. I even want Nathan there cause you can tell the other dads low key hate him.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, SunshineSquid said:

I finally caught this show. I loved it. I want more of this, MTV! Add the kids and and it will be even better. Or I would watch a season the dads road trippin across the US. I even want Nathan there cause you can tell the other dads low key hate him.

A road trip! Yes. Outdoor types of activities, camping, staying at an occasional hotel. I would love to see that happen.

• Love 9

I just can't take Corey's hat.  I'm old school and think hats with brims are for, you know, keeping the sun off your eyes.  But I also understand them as a possible fashion statement.  So curling it so tight it covers only about 1/5 of his forehead--why??? 

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
Fix spelling of Corey's name
  • Love 4

As far as I know, it's just a preference these days. It's hold over from the old days when you removed your hat as a matter of respect and a golden rule of manners. Men would quickly remove their cap, roll the bill of the cap, and tuck in their pocket. It's just what would happen when you could only afford one hat. It still keeps the sun out of your eyes. Ball players also do it to shade the sun from the sides.

Corey though, Corey is a little overzealous with his. Lol, I think he just likes it like that. 

• Love 6
On 12/18/2016 at 8:11 AM, GreatKazu said:

He removed it many times in this special. I know, because I could not get over his haircut which looked like a huge landing strip.

Yeah, I was exaggerating.  He treats that cap kind of like some women treat their long hair, always touching it and messing with it.

• Love 1
On 12/13/2016 at 9:18 AM, gunderda said:

Or maybe so many of the others backed out that Nathan was a last minute inclusion. I think the others just plain backed out.  If those 3 got there then I think you can't blame the weather on the others not making it. 

The guys who showed up were within fairly easy driving distance to WV; the other guys would have had to have flown in and that's where I think the weather was more of a deciding factor for them.  Maybe?

I absolutely loved this episode.  The guys seemed to be getting along, enjoying each other's company, and the show felt so much more relaxed - or I should say, much less forced than the usual TM episodes.  I think it was a good thing Adumb didn't make it because the attitude he has on everything is not what this episode was about.    

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Elizabeth9 said:

THe only reason Nathan is so well spoken is because he is always in court

After watching how he spoke on the witness stand last night, that seems questionable.

• Love 1

The guys who showed up were within fairly easy driving distance to WV; the other guys would have had to have flown in and that's where I think the weather was more of a deciding factor for them.  Maybe?

The weather was indeed historically, biblically bad. But off the top of my head I think Michigan is just as far as North Carolina. Maybe Tyler didn't want to get his duallie muddy.

• Love 4
On 12/10/2016 at 7:57 PM, CofCinci said:

Of course they plan time to do guy things and don't invite Tyler.

they invited him, he just didn't make it bc of the flood. only the guys who were in driving distance from WV were able to make it bc of the flood. 

• Love 1

I noticed on my guide information it did mention Tyler being part of this weekend special.

I still maintain Cate didn't let him go because she was afraid he'd go dipping it somewhere else like at a strip club. lol

• Love 4

Someone upthread nailed it about Cate worrying about Tyler going to the strip clubs lol.

I hate to say it, but whenever I hear guys say "it's guys weekend" I just picture strip clubs or bars with guys talking about which girl they would bang if they weren't married and Cate probably had an anxiety attack over it lol. 

I apologize in advance for thinking of men acting that way when the wives aren't around instead of the squeaky clean stuff the Corey's weekend entailed. Or maybe it was squeaky clean because it was being filmed and the wives would eventually see it ?

Lol. Yeah, Cate banned Tyler from going and Ty used the flood as his manly excuse for declining ??

Except, she was fine with Tyler going to a strip club at his bachelors party and having it filmed soooooo IDK. I'm confused. Lol. 

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Calm81 said:

I hate to say it, but whenever I hear guys say it's "guys weekend" I just picture strip clubs or bars with guys talking about which girl they would bang if they weren't married and Cate probably had an anxiety attack over it lol. 

Except, she was fine with Tyler going to a strip club at his bachelors party and having or filmed soooooo IDK. I'm confused. Lol.

It's funny, I think a 'guy's weekend' as a guy varies greatly by the people, but it's not unreasonable to consider that a strip club might be involved. I'm a married guy in my late 30's (30+11!), I went on my first 'guy weekend' trip last spring with a couple of similarly aged guys, and all we did literally was golf. I think the anxiety that potentially surrounds a guy weekend depends on both the guy going and the woman or family he's spending time away from. I think Tyler feels like he should be with someone hotter than Cate, and I feel like Cate thinks he thinks so too, so of course there'd be some anxiety there, reason to think the first thing he'd do is want to go to a strip club.

There's also the possibility that he was like "I don't know, I'm not huge on outdoors activities" (I hate when this is called "guy time," as if men MUST enjoy ATVs and women CANNOT), "The hills of West Virginia, that doesn't interest me," and "Wait, that guy Nathan is going? Pass." 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

It's funny, I think a 'guy's weekend' as a guy varies greatly by the people, but it's not unreasonable to consider that a strip club might be involved. I'm a married guy in my late 30's (30+11!), I went on my first 'guy weekend' trip last spring with a couple of similarly aged guys, and all we did literally was golf. I think the anxiety that potentially surrounds a guy weekend depends on both the guy going and the woman or family he's spending time away from. I think Tyler feels like he should be with someone hotter than Cate, and I feel like Cate thinks he thinks so too, so of course there'd be some anxiety there, reason to think the first thing he'd do is want to go to a strip club.

There's also the possibility that he was like "I don't know, I'm not huge on outdoors activities" (I hate when this is called "guy time," as if men MUST enjoy ATVs and women CANNOT), "The hills of West Virginia, that doesn't interest me," and "Wait, that guy Nathan is going? Pass." 

I'm 30+5 and my husbands dream "guy weekend" is golf or working on a project he can build with his hands, so you're absolutely correct, it depends on the people and the people you associate yourself with. Again, I'm sorry for generalizing, lol. I also like how you believe ATVs can be a woman's activity, too, because I loveeeeeed riding on those before mommy life took over. :-)

Edited by Calm81
autocorrect strikes AGAIN!
  • Love 2
On 1/28/2017 at 1:36 AM, AmyFarrahFowler said:

My husband's idea of a guy's weekend is when I let him hold the remote when we're watching TV ;)

Don't be spreading that kind of craziness. I don't need my husband getting any kind of ideas!

• Love 8