Type keyword(s) to search

Devious Maids - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Rosie was a little more mature this episode, not a lot of baby talk.  Don't trust the ex.

I don't like Carmen and this new married guy.

Susan Lucci gets skinnier as she gets older.

• Love 2

I'm confused about the Zoila storyline.  My memory was she slept with her ex-husband and Javier around the same period of time, so that was why she was initially confused about who was the father of her baby.  However, in this episode, it sounded as if she was trying to pass off the conception date as occurring months after it really did in order to fool Javier.

That didn't make any sense to me either. Unless she found out she got pregnant by Pablo months before she started dating Javier. Which seems unlikely, because if it's that much of a difference she wouldn't have needed to do the paternity test. And that was only two episodes ago. Can't the writers keep track of this?

• Love 2

It was better this week. Definitely better. 

• Oh, I just want Spence to leave. Just let Rosie and Ernesto be together. They used to be great but around the time they started fooling around and becoming cartoon characters, I stopped caring about them. 
  • The wedding drama was not as fun as it could have been but it was OK. It did make me a little mad that they won't just let Zoila be happy and also even though he's not the most exciting, it's kind of nice having Javier around.
  • I do not care about this new male maid but fingers crossed they have something good planned and it's not just Evelyn's bodyguard all over again.
  • I don't really care about Carmen and her adulterous realtor but I do like having her at the Powell's and Evelyn continues to be great. That sparkling repartee line was fantastic. 
  • They better not kill Naya Rivera.
  • Love 1

On a bit of unrelated note, I was REALLY shocked when Michael turned up alive. Well, if he's not dead why all the secrecy ("Hard to say when he gets home", "I don't know if he'll help you, Marisol"...)?

Putting aside secret twins or doppleganger, I'm guessing they just went over the top with the red herring. So Katie stabbed her biological father and Michael really was away on business. It's possible that he knows a little about Katie's background but not everything which is why Taylor was trying to shield him from whatever Blanca was going to tell him. 

But I was hoping Javier would be ok with the baby not being his, as that would have at least been a surprise.

I'm going to disagree. Javier has been amazingly perfect so far so I was surprised that he wasn't accepting of it. The actor's going to be in Chicago on Broadway but I have no idea when DM films so that probably isn't relevant to him staying on the show.

Oh, I just want Spence to leave. Just let Rosie and Ernesto be together. They used to be great but around the time they started fooling around and becoming cartoon characters, I stopped caring about them.

In Season 1, Peri was the awful one and poor Spence was the neglected and unappreciated husband. That made his affair with Rosie kind of sympathetic and made the two of them together more rootable. 

In Season 2 he just sort of fell apart and became and irresponsible drunk, and this season they continue to make him look bad so Ernesto looks good by comparison. But I still think (or hope at least) there's something hinky going on with Ernesto's story and that in the end Spence will end up saving Rosie from him.

• Love 1

I have to admit - every time I see Briana Brown (Taylor) I see crazy Lisa from General Hospital (girl has the crazy eyes down pat), so I wasn't surprised at all to see her acting shady and crazy. Just curious to see where this goes.

I was confused about Zoila fudging the baby's conception date too - as far as I could tell she was sleeping with Javier when she slept with Pablo that one time.

• Love 1

In Season 2 he just sort of fell apart and became and irresponsible drunk, and this season they continue to make him look bad so Ernesto looks good by comparison. But I still think (or hope at least) there's something hinky going on with Ernesto's story and that in the end Spence will end up saving Rosie from him.

I hope not. Not only is he nice to look at but if Javier's really gone there goes our last good Hispanic/Latino male character. Alejandro wasn't too bad but they never knew what to do with him and then they just offed him.

I think it might have been more interesting if Peri had come back after her movie bombed or something and tried to get Spence back. Rosie's dead husband coming back to life is so contrived. Plus the actress who played Peri was funny. Cristian de la Fuente is nice to look at but I don't think we'll get much out of him in the laughs department.

• Love 1

I did not see the end of this episode coming!  I am glad that LaLucci is being given a lot to do.

How stupid is Carmen?  Shouldn't she have already known about Adrian Powell being a freak after the whole Flora murder and the videotapes and all?  

• Love 2

I can't possibly be the only one to comment on what a ROCKING body Ana Ortiz has!! I first noticed it in 3x02 when she was ripping Carmen a new one in the white shirt- black pants combo, then last week when she was telling off Jessie and sat on the couch revealing a very toned back... and now when she's talking to Taylor on the phone towards the end! Congrats to her, she seems SO fit... the "chubby Hilda Suarez" days are positively a distant memory... XD

(edited)

I did not see the end of this episode coming!  I am glad that LaLucci is being given a lot to do.

Me neither! I was expecting it to be Taylor in her stead. Anyway, this episode just proved my point: Evelyn is totally underused... was she even anywhere to be found? Now that they've given her husband this 11th-hour storyline they don't know what to do with her... 

Edited by Giuliano Lanzilli

I can't possibly be the only one to comment on what a ROCKING body Ana Ortiz has!! I first noticed it in 3x02 when she was ripping Carmen a new one in the white shirt- black pants combo, then last week when she was telling off Jessie and sat on the couch revealing a very toned back... and now when she's talking to Taylor on the phone towards the end! Congrats to her, she seems SO fit... the "chubby Hilda Suarez" days are positively a distant memory... XD

Who is Hilda Suarez?

Judy Reyes is 48, but I think she could pass for 41.

OK, so I'm starting to piece this thing together. It seems pretty clear that the golf pro (or was he a tennis pro?) is the one who got stabbed by Taylor in the living room and somehow parts of his body wound up all over the neighborhood. So was he Katie's biological father? And is Taylor her mother? I'm thinking maybe she was a rape victim and gave the kid up for adoption, and then just recently reclaimed her daughter for whatever reason, and then the father came around looking for money or worse and she killed him, and Katie saw it. That's my working theory.

I still think there is something suspicious about Ernesto. I think he's the one who was corrupt and part of the drug cartel and the only reason he came back was for Miguel because he wants to use him as a drug mule or maybe sell him to someone.

This thing with Carmen and Adrian is just silly, and Zoila's pregnancy is kind of boring. Maybe it will get more interesting with Genevieve accused of murder.

• Love 1

I thought Zoila was going to be the same age as the actress.  From the way they were acting when they found out Zoila was pregnant (like they were surprised that she could even get pregnant), it would have made more sense for her to be older. 

• Love 1

OK, so I'm starting to piece this thing together. It seems pretty clear that the golf pro (or was he a tennis pro?) is the one who got stabbed by Taylor in the living room and somehow parts of his body wound up all over the neighborhood. So was he Katie's biological father? And is Taylor her mother? I'm thinking maybe she was a rape victim and gave the kid up for adoption, and then just recently reclaimed her daughter for whatever reason, and then the father came around looking for money or worse and she killed him, and Katie saw it. That's my working theory.

I'm so sick and tired of these "birth parent gives child up for adoption only to have a change of heart later on, claim them back and get murdered because of it", kind of like Mary Alice's storyline back in the first season of Desperate Housewives!!! By the way, I've already asked this question before but unfortunately didn't get any answer... is Marc Cherry still Devious Maids' creative director or did he give up his "position" in favor of someone else? Because that might make the difference between a predictable outcome and a shocking one for the mystery plot...

I still think there is something suspicious about Ernesto. I think he's the one who was corrupt and part of the drug cartel and the only reason he came back was for Miguel because he wants to use him as a drug mule or maybe sell him to someone.

This thing with Carmen and Adrian is just silly, and Zoila's pregnancy is kind of boring. Maybe it will get more interesting with Genevieve accused of murder.

The man in the picture who was identified as the murder victim was white and so is Taylor, so I do not think he could be Katie's Father if Taylor is possibly the Mother.  Taylor was a former hooker when she was introduced, so it is possible that Katie could be hers and maybe she has no clue who the Father is.

Ernesto is certainly up to no good.  He is very vague about where he was for all this time.

And it is ridiculous to think that tiny little Genevieve could have murdered and dismembered the tennis pro.

• Love 1
And it is ridiculous to think that tiny little Genevieve could have murdered and dismembered the tennis pro.

I keep thinking it looks like a strong breeze would knock her over.  Nothing against Susan Lucci, but it takes a lot of strength and stamina to use a weapon to hack someone up the way this guy was apparently killed.  And even if you had Blanca to say whatever magic spell she said to clean up the blood bath at the Spofford's, there would still likely be a lot of DNA evidence left to find. 

If I were Rosie, major alarm bells would be going off if my previously dead former husband suddenly showed up and immediately requested that our son go back with him to Mexico. 

• Love 1

Not trying to pick on you, but when was she ever chubby on Ugly Betty? She had a rocking body way back then, I'm rewatching Ugly Betty and even with the tacky Hilda Suarez clothes you can tell she had an amazing body.

• Love 1

Rosie had the baby voice again.  Ugh.  Don't trust Ernesto either.  Glad Spence is being a good guy in this situation, he is gonna get bitten in the ass for it though.

Don't know what is going on with Taylor.

Marisol and that new guy, hot hot chemistry.

(edited)

Not trying to pick on you, but when was she ever chubby on Ugly Betty? She had a rocking body way back then, I'm rewatching Ugly Betty and even with the tacky Hilda Suarez clothes you can tell she had an amazing body.

Oh puhleeeeease look at her rounder face and her bigger arms, she must have shed a ton! Not that there's anything wrong with how she looked before, but she's positively toned up A LOT since then (it's visible). Just compare the two. 

Hilda: http://medias.lepost.fr/ill/2008/01/07/h-4-1078844.jpg

Marisol: http://assets.wornon.tv/uploads/2014/05/marisols-black-blue-colorblock-blouse.jpg

She looks amazing in both of those pictures. Being toned is a nice choice if you want to do that, but she looked perfect before, too.

I think it's a combination of things.  She obviously lost weight, but she's also what, nearly a decade older and styled/dressed a lot differently than how she was on Ugly Betty. 

• Love 1

And it is ridiculous to think that tiny little Genevieve could have murdered and dismembered the tennis pro.

Which is something I fully expect Zoila to point out to the police if she's arrested. The woman probably can't even cut up an apple by herself let alone dismember a body.

The man in the picture who was identified as the murder victim was white and so is Taylor, so I do not think he could be Katie's Father if Taylor is possibly the Mother.

Yeah, I thought of that too, but it seems pretty obvious that Taylor is responsible for the death of this guy so he has to be involved somehow. And remember when Blanca told Katie that even though her "parents" were fighting it didn't mean they didn't love each other and Katie said "Daddy doesn't love Mommy." I think she was referring to her real Daddy not loving Mommy/Taylor.

• Love 1

Rosie should just dump Spence and go with Ernesto. Unless he did something truly horrific during his years away, I do not see why she doesn't just go with him. I'm so tired of them dragging this out. And I guess we should assume that after the months Rosie was in a coma, Miguel is attached to Spence but really, this is nonsense. Remember how Rosie was just dating the scheming lawyer a while ago? I don't buy it. She should just be with Ernesto.

I like Adrian with Carmen. Sebastian is handsome but boring and this is making her fun again. I don't need angst from this plotline. I just wants quips. Boo on the lack of Evelyn though.

Genevieve and Zoila were a little better this week. They have dumped a lot on Zoila just so she has an excuse to tear up. I do like having John O'Hurley in the mix but I wish they'd stop wasting guest stars like Alex Mapa on these little bit parts. I hope they get through this nonsense with Genevieve being the main suspect right now. Stupid... 

The new male maid makes Marisol a little more interesting. I'm also happy she keeps checking in on Taylor because it sows the seeds for her getting involved in that story and hopefully becoming more interesting. I still think they don't know what to do with her. It's nice to see a Marisol who is stronger from season 1 maid Marisol to season 2 crazy house Marisol but they haven't done nearly enough to make her a power player. 

Is Blanca (Naya Rivera) really dead? That's some bullshit.

Oh puhleeeeease look at her rounder face and her bigger arms, she must have shed a ton! Not that there's anything wrong with how she looked before, but she's positively toned up A LOT since then (it's visible). Just compare the two.

Hilda: http://medias.lepost.fr/ill/2008/01/07/h-4-1078844.jpg

Marisol: http://assets.wornon.tv/uploads/2014/05/marisols-black-blue-colorblock-blouse.jpg

She's toned and almost ten years older now, but its absurd to say she was chubby back then. At most she was probably a size 4 when she was on Ugly Betty. With young girls and women having body image issues it's ridiculous to say a size 4 woman is chubby.

• Love 4

Evelyn mentioned Tanya Taseltov from last season (the blonde skinny lady that boinked her "bodyguard"). Nice bit of continuity! Also, I practically skip ALL of Rosie's scenes... I don't even know if they're worth anything or just filler because she feels so isolated from the rest of the cast and bores the crap out me (besides aggravating the crap out of me with that baby voice)!

• Love 2

Poor Genvieve (sp?).  I can not believe Zoila betrayed her to Carmen of all people.  Carmen continues to grate and annoy.  The actress does something odd when she flares her nostrils.   

Marisol and her hot hunk maid are cute to watch.  Even though Carmen was in it, I did like the scene where he could hear them through the air vent.

I am not sure what is up with the kid drugging Taylor.  Very odd....

• Love 2

The sex tape didn't make sense to me as Genevieve seems all about her image and wanting her next knight in shining armour.  It also doesn't make sense that she would hook up with someone known for hooking up.  Rosie continues to bother me as well she always portrays herself as innocent with her baby voice and all, and yet she did enter into a relationship with someone else's husband....oh, and she never saw it coming that she would still be married to her first husband?  What really annoys me about her is that two men obviously love her beyond belief....

I think that all the leads are too separate from each other this season.  Although I didn't like Valentina, at least she connected some storylines together.  Carmen needs to get a consistent point of view-her best plot was in season 1.

• Love 1

Also, I practically skip ALL of Rosie's scenes... (besides aggravating the crap out of me with that baby voice)!

Omg YES!!!!! I can't bear to hear that freaking voice anymore. I watch the scenes but I also mute the TV.

• Love 2

Evelyn was of course MVP again. Best part of the episode was her walking up to that employee at the club, looking at his name tag and realizing she couldn't pronounce it. "Hello . . . {checks name tag} you!"

For once I was on Genevieve's side against Zoila. First for Zoila blabbing to Carmen about the sex tape - what a total betrayal of confidence. And then getting all huffy about Genevieve telling her to tell Javier the baby was his. That one's on Zoila, she didn't have to follow that advice, whether it was good advice or not. And it wasn't really terrible advice. Javier would have been thrilled to be that baby's father and he clearly adored Zoila. 

I am not sure what is up with the kid drugging Taylor.  Very odd....

The first time Katie saw Taylor taking pills she asked if she was sick and Taylor said sometimes grown-ups need pills to make them happy when they're sad. I'm assuming they're Xanax or Valium. So later when Katie saw Taylor obviously upset again she decided to pour the "Happy Pills" into her drink. Because apparently she's an idiot and figures lots of happy pills will make mommy really happy. In any event it didn't appear to be malicious, just stupid.

I doubt Taylor will die but will probably mumble something revealing drifting in and out of consciousness. 

I'm guessing the tennis pro Michael hired to spy on Taylor was killed by Katie's father.

• Love 2

I do think that the killer of Louie & the attacker of Blanca is someone that is already introduced. 

So either the father of Katy is someone we know, or it has nothing to do with the father. Maybe her real mother?

I have this hunch that Gail Fleming has something to do with the mystery. I don't know why, I just don't trust her. 

Or what about Olivia? She is set to make an appearance this season. If you ask me the killer/attacker is female.

(edited)

I have this hunch that Gail Fleming has something to do with the mystery. I don't know why, I just don't trust her. 

Or what about Olivia? She is set to make an appearance this season. If you ask me the killer/attacker is female.

I would rule out Gail if I were you: The actress was only set to appear in 3 episodes this season, which she already has. It's just like Tanya from last season: prominent in the first half, only to be completely dropped off the face of the Earth in the second one!

Edited by stacey
Removed spoiler tags
(edited)

I would rule out Gail if I were you: The actress was only set to appear in 3 episodes this season, which she already has. It's just like Tanya from last season: prominent in the first half, only to be completely dropped off the face of the Earth in the second one!

Thats not true actually. She is set to appear in the seventh episode, and was contracted for at least 5 episodes. I did read this on Spoilertv.com, couple weeks back. I just noticed she is also credited for episode 12, the same episode Blanca is set to return.

Edited by stacey
Removed spoiler tags

I agree about Rosie. If they are going to portray her as so devout and religious, she should have realized immediately that the church would have issues with her second marriage.  i guess, however, the religious is only when it is convenient because it did not stop her from sleeping with a married man.

The exaggeration of her speaking is just too much.  Spence is like a man sometimes, and a child at others. At this point I watch the show entirely for the Powell family.  Zoila was always boring, and I could not bear the way she acted with her boyfriend, with her daughter or with her friends. Genevieve has been great to her and of all things to gossip about (and to all people) she tells about her sex tape, and then blames her for lying to her boyfriend.  She just agreed to not go to Greece to be by her side, and this is how she repays her?

The whole Carmen storyline is not funny, interesting, or anything else...and it would have been so much more interesting to have Evelyn agree to be her husbands dominatrix.    Carmen is pointless to the show at the stage. 

Last year Marisol was the one I cold really do without, but this year she is not that bad.  I agree that the male maid is interesting, he seems to be a nice guy, but I'm sure he will have a "story" as well. 

This show used to be somewhat funny, now it doesn't even have that. I am not interested at all in the murder.  Hoping the rest of the season gets better. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Thats not true actually.

She is set to appear in the seventh episode, and was contracted for at least 5 episodes. I did read this on Spoilertv.com, couple weeks back. I just noticed she is also credited for episode 12, the same episode Blanca is set to return.

What do you mean that's not true? I read it on IMDB! In fact, she's disappeared after last week's episode!

PS: Never mind, I've read your spoiler... Happy to read it though, I love the actress and the character (hers and Evelyn's are two of the sexiest voices ever ehehehe). And I wouldn't oppose to a FEMALE villain, for a change! :-)

Anyway I'm not minding this season. Sure, some storylines seem to be going-around-in-circles fluff (looking at you, Carmen, like always!) and introducing a new maid only to have her disappear for God knows how long is kind of weird, but at least we are 6 episodes in and I still haven't figured out the solution to the main mystery (which is a rarity when it comes to Cherry's painfully predictable shows). Evelyn's gems are few and far in between (the main laughs seem to actually come from Susan Lucci) and I'm not too fond of the "Adrian developes a new perversion every season" storyline, but other than that I'm entertained!

Last year Marisol was the one I cold really do without, but this year she is not that bad.  I agree that the male maid is interesting, he seems to be a nice guy, but I'm sure he will have a "story" as well.

I was trying to figure out exactly what he was doing all day in her house.  I mean, it's a big space, but she's one person.  It isn't like she would need a maid to clean every single day.   

OK, is "blooming orchid" a real thing? If so, what is it?

I thought it was perhaps like LA Law's famous Venus Butterfly.  Is it real?   

In terms of the show itself, they really seem to have trouble keeping things going outside the mystery.  I felt like Rosie and Marisol had variations of the same story, complete with both women apparently becoming dumbfounded by the sight of a shirtless man. 

• Love 2
(edited)

What I'm really liking this season are the interactions between the characters, especially those that didn't share many scenes in the past. I mean, just think of the "Zoila talks to Carmen who talks to Evelyn who talks to Genvieve who argues with Zoila and leaves her" scene, think of how many characters it encompassed in the same plot. Or Marisol having scenes with Michael/Taylor alone, with Evelyn, with Carmen and then with all the girls together. Do you remember how it was last year, with her confined in that godawful murder storyline with Nicholas and Opal? It felt like she was on a show of her own. So I do have to give the writers props for that!

In terms of the actual content of the plots though, I agree with you guys. It seems mostly fluff and not that edge-of-your-seat thrilling... Could it be because two non-maid characters (the Stappords) got the mystery this year, so the four main characters aren't left with much juicy stuff to sink their teeth into?

PS: Never mind, I've read your spoiler... Happy to read it though, I love the actress and the character (hers and Evelyn's are two of the sexiest voices ever ehehehe). And I wouldn't oppose to a FEMALE villain, for a change! :-)

I also loooove Julie Claire. She always plays the villain. At least in all the shows I saw her. And a female villain would be great indeed!

Anyway, Carmen has been my least favorite lead from the start, with her lame singingcareer, bleh! She is a litlle to much 'Gabrielle Solis', except she's not funny.

• Love 1

I'm not enjoying this season.  None of the storylines are that compelling to me.  This episode, I didn't like any of the main characters except for Marisol. And her plot is meh.  

Zoila needs to shut up.  Rosie needs to shut up.  Carmen needs to move away.