Type keyword(s) to search

Devious Maids - General Discussion

• Start Topic

How could Deion have drawn the moustache on Carmen's upper lip without her waking up and acknowledging it? If Olivia has "cancer" then why are eyebrows perfectly intact? Why do Americans open their doors first and THEN ask who it is??? .-.

Edited by Giuliano Lanzilli

Oh Lord, please don't tell me Carmen has a baby she gave up for adoption. Good grief, can't anyone on TV simply not want children? Why does it always have to turn out they secretly love children but are heartbroken over a baby they gave away? There are plenty of women in life who simply don't want kids, there's nothing wrong with that, it doesn't make them horrible people. Besides it's almost the end of the season, why are they bringing this up now when the likelihood of a fourth season is so remote?

Bobo the clown was pretty funny but it's unrealistic nobody but Spence noticed how inappropriate he was. Even Rosie isn't that dumb. 

I still can't figure out who killed the tennis pro. Like missbonnie I'm now assuming Olivia hired the guy to seduce Taylor, he showed up and her house, and somebody - somebody who was looking for Katie, maybe? - killed him for some unknown reason and dismembered him. But it was Taylor, not Olivia, who called someone on the phone to "take care" of Blanca. 

And Ernesto really is a creep if he's willing to let this guy take Katie back to the drug lord who's looking for her. I think at the end of the day Spence is going to be the hero in all of this. At least I hope so. They better not end this season on a cliff-hanger.

• Love 2

Oh Lord, please don't tell me Carmen has a baby she gave up for adoption. Good grief, can't anyone on TV simply not want children? Why does it always have to turn out they secretly love children but are heartbroken over a baby they gave away? There are plenty of women in life who simply don't want kids, there's nothing wrong with that, it doesn't make them horrible people. Besides it's almost the end of the season, why are they bringing this up now when the likelihood of a fourth season is so remote?

That's exactly what I though and I personally find it offensive. It sends a horrible message: women, you're only worth anything as long as you pop out a child! I'm cringing in advance thinking what that photo might mean...

PS: We're two episodes away from the finale and we're still almost as up in the air as we were two months ago when it comes to the mystery. I believe it's the first time it's ever happened in a show produced/co-produced by Marc Cherry since the 2007/2008 season of Desperate Housewives. I never thought I'd see the day again! XD

• Love 1

Ernesto has an amazing body and is absolutely gorgeous.

I like this show, but they always have way too many characters each season and too many storylines that need to be told.

Why is Rosie always depicted as the uneducated one who doesn't know the meaning of certain words? Is that supposed to go along with her craptastic baby voice that tears my eardrums to shreds?

I feel like somewhere along the line, they went from writing her as naive to writing her as unintelligent and immature.   

Also, is next episode the one where

Gail Fleming is set to reappear again

?

Yes, it is! So that should be interesting. I don't know.. I hear a new suspect from the viewers every week. Now it is Sebastien, but Susan Lucci said in a interview that no one could figure out on set who was the killer except for one person. I can't imagine no one would think of him as the killer. Its not shockvalue to me. I would be a little dissapointed if he turns out our guy.

Yes, it is! So that should be interesting. I don't know.. I hear a new suspect from the viewers every week. Now it is Sebastien, but Susan Lucci said in a interview that no one could figure out on set who was the killer except for one person. I can't imagine no one would think of him as the killer. Its not shockvalue to me. I would be a little dissapointed if he turns out our guy.

After my experience with that train wreck of a show Pretty Little Liars (don't know if you've ever heard of it or watched it), where they cast suspicion on a different person every week only to pull the actual culprit out of their assed at the last minute, nothing would faze me anymore. I'm so holding out hope it's a FEMALE villain this time around, not a male or a male transitioned to female (you know who you are XD), possibly Gail in cahoots with Olivia? I don't know why most showrunners are afraid to make a woman the big baddie so much so there's so few of them in the media! :(

After my experience with that train wreck of a show Pretty Little Liars (don't know if you've ever heard of it or watched it), where they cast suspicion on a different person every week only to pull the actual culprit out of their assed at the last minute, nothing would faze me anymore. I'm so holding out hope it's a FEMALE villain this time around, not a male or a male transitioned to female (you know who you are XD), possibly Gail in cahoots with Olivia? I don't know why most showrunners are afraid to make a woman the big baddie so much so there's so few of them in the media! :(

LOL. Yes I've heard of it, in fact, I was a every week watcher until this week where I was ultimately dissapointed for the 278526st time. Don't want to think about it anymore. I like to think that Devious maids is different. At least there are no big continuity errors in DM! (Like the PLL timeline, which is ridicilous.)

Thank goodness the season mystery ends in 1.5 week! I'm dying to know what's going on all summer.

• Love 1

I'm so holding out hope it's a FEMALE villain this time around, not a male or a male transitioned to female (you know who you are XD), possibly Gail in cahoots with Olivia? I don't know why most showrunners are afraid to make a woman the big baddie so much so there's so few of them in the media! :(

Well, DM is from Marc Cherry, the same maker of DH. In DH we had Carolyn Bigsby, Gloria Hodge and Felicia Tilman as the female villains, so he was not affraid to make the big baddies female.

I just moved several posts to the Spoilers & Speculation thread, so if you want to keep discussing who you think the killer is and/or what actors have said about the mystery, that would be the place to do it.  

I think we got a good mystery this year, so I'd love to keep the discussion going over there! 

My main hope for the mystery's resolution is that it will make sense. I'd love to, looking back, see that there were clues all along that I just didn't pick up on.  I hate when shows come out of left field with a killer at the last second.

My main hope for the mystery's resolution is that it will make sense. I'd love to, looking back, see that there were clues all along that I just didn't pick up on. I hate when shows come out of left field with a killer at the last second.

I agree about the clues. And thats the exact same thing Susan Lucci said, that we can look back and see the clues. Up until now, the story is well written this season! I have high hopes for the ending of the mysteries.

• Love 1

My mom had leukemia and my sister had cancer. Depending on where they are, sometimes the immune system is very low, or practically non existent.   I would think she was referring to the possibility of getting germs from her.   At one point my mom was even on a special diet where she could not eat anything that was raw, or have flowers, live plants, etc. around her. 

OMG have you checked out the sneak peek for the next episode??? Zoila starts working for Gail!!! :O I love the "maids shuffling" they've done this season: Carmen with the Powells, Rosie with the Stappords and now this. It really keeps things fresh, you know. It seems like whenever they're running out of storylines for a specific maid working for a specific family, they always have another set of employers to stick her with, and I love that.

• Love 1

OMG have you checked out the sneak peek for the next episode??? Zoila starts working for Gail!!! :O I love the "maids shuffling" they've done this season: Carmen with the Powells, Rosie with the Stappords and now this. It really keeps things fresh, you know. It seems like whenever they're running out of storylines for a specific maid working for a specific family, they always have another set of employers to stick her with, and I love that.

Yes I saw the sneak peek!! Maybe Zoila will find Carmen's dress in Gail's closet! The one Blanca was wearing when she got kindnapped. That dress will turn up eventually. They had a couple of scenes in a older episode where Carmen was freaking out about that dress, so that could be foreshadowing that the dress will be crucial near the seasons end. Still have Gail as the main suspect.

• Love 1

Yes I saw the sneak peek!! Maybe Zoila will find Carmen's dress in Gail's closet! The one Blanca was wearing when she got kindnapped. That dress will turn up eventually. They had a couple of scenes in a older episode where Carmen was freaking out about that dress, so that could be foreshadowing that the dress will be crucial near the seasons end. Still have Gail as the main suspect.

I'm finding it more and more likely now that you mention it, especially given that this is the last episode before the finale. If that proves to be right this will go down as the best season ever! XD Anyway (and I don't know whether I should use spoiler tags or not in the spoiler thread, but I'll use them anyway to be on the safe side) what worries me is that apparenly

Julie Claire is not set to appear in 3x13 and I find it odd that the main villain doesn't show up in the finale for the final showdown

I'm finding it more and more likely now that you mention it, especially given that this is the last episode before the finale. If that proves to be right this will go down as the best season ever! XD Anyway (and I don't know whether I should use spoiler tags or not in the spoiler thread, but I'll use them anyway to be on the safe side) what worries me is that apparenly

Julie Claire is not set to appear in 3x13 and I find it odd that the main villain doesn't show up in the finale for the final showdown

You're right, I noticed that too, but that doesn't say much at this point because the actress that portrays Zoila is also not listed to appear in 3.13 yet, so is the actor that portrays Dr. Neff. IMDB is really late with editing these days, so anything can happen.

You're right, I noticed that too, but that doesn't say much at this point because the actress that portrays Zoila is also not listed to appear in 3.13 yet, so is the actor that portrays Dr. Neff. IMDB is really late with editing these days, so anything can happen.

Is there any site where I can read the synopsis for the last 2 episodes? I've checked out Spoilertv but it doesn't have'em.

I don't think there is a official synopsis for the finale yet. Spoilertv is always the first one to post it that I know of, but they never mention the co-stars who are in the episode. Very annoying.. So it will be a surprise who will be in the finale and who won't be. The actress who plays Jacklyn is also not listed to appear in the last 2, which I find very unlikely because of the unresolved storyline with Carmen/Sebastien.

I don't think there is a official synopsis for the finale yet. Spoilertv is always the first one to post it that I know of, but they never mention the co-stars who are in the episode. Very annoying.. So it will be a surprise who will be in the finale and who won't be. The actress who plays Jacklyn is also not listed to appear in the last 2, which I find very unlikely because of the unresolved storyline with Carmen/Sebastien.

No, I was talking about the actual plots of the episodes. Haven't been able to find those anywhere! :(

No, I was talking about the actual plots of the episodes. Haven't been able to find those anywhere! :(

The only thing I've read about the finale is that Zoila will give birth, and the the killer will be unmasked. I don't know if thats official though.

I actually liked Carmen's scenes this week. I thought she did a good job spinning the phone call from Sebastian for Jacqueline and I loved Jacqueline not falling for it and airing a sex tape of her on TV. Though why does no one seem to remember that she was engaged to whatshisface? It also gave Carmen a nice rare dramatic scene. That said, I do not like Jacqueline preventing Carmen from making music. I mean, it's not like I'm in love with her music but it's basically giving Carmen permission to be even more useless in not pursuing her music career. 

I like having Joy as a new maid for Zoila to play off of. 

Rosie was useless this week. I still don't give a crap about Rosie and Spence. 

I love Dion. He's totally a Powell. 

It seemed like there was something lost in the editing of this episode, unless I missed something. I knew that "one last time" with Carmen and Sebastian would end up being their undoing, but it seemed like there should have been a pan up to the ceiling or out the window or something to indicate someone was filming them. I don't have any grasp of how they were caught on video, especially since it seemed like Jacklyn bought Carmen's story.

From the footage my only explanation is they had sex in front of an open window with the guy with the camera in a tree right outside the window. 

The writers are doing this on purpose to lead the viewers in the wrong direction. It will be someone you did'nt even think off.

My number one suspect for 7 weeks now is Gail Fleming. She will be in episode 12, possibly in 13.

That's what I thought season 1 when Evelyn had this blond friend who kept hanging around and seemed useless. It seemed like she was the only one left. Then they doubled back and it ended up being the obvious person.

Every week I'm surprised by how much more I detest the character of Rosie. Following her employer to find out with whom she may be having an affair?

I didn't mind when she was working for the old man who'd had the stroke or even when she was investigating Katie because it was something happening in the house and it was more like they'd brought her into their drama. Following Taylor was too much.

How did Marisol think Jesse was going to be ok with her sabotaging a job prospect even if they got back together? He has bills and has to eat. Was she going to take care of him? Does she think he would let her take care of him?

It suggests that Jesse really is a maid and not an undercover cop which would be disappointing. It's Tony the bodyguard all over again. A show can't be all red herrings. 

I could have sworn I made a post earlier in this topic, but do not see it.  Perhaps it just did not go through.

I think Dr Neff has to have something to do with the murders.  There is no way Zoila and Genvieve can be kept apart.

Marisol starts to believe that Taylor is hiding something about the murders. Ernesto sets a plan into motion that may have dangerous consequences for Rosie. Zoila has a hard time adapting to a big change in her job. Adrian's past actions come back to threaten his happy family.

We might already know after tonight. In season 1 we also knew that Philippe murdered Flora the episode before the finale. I can't wait!

But that's exactly what I found so disappointing about that season: they teased us for, like, 5 episodes that Philippe was the killer (dropping every anvil known to man on us)... and he actually was! There were not twists and turns, even his account of the events was exactly like we'd predicted. Very lazy.

• Love 1

So one of this characters has to be the killer:

Sebastien Dussault: has a key to the house Blanca was held, but besides that I can't find another clue or reason why he would be involved.

Gail Fleming: Is a member of the tennis club, tried to ditch the hand in her yard, was at the bookparty Louie was last seen alive, tried to make Genevieve a suspect in the investigation.

Dr. Neff: I think out of this three he is the least possible one. Doesn't have any connections to that storyline which makes it doubtful to say the least. But since a lot people mention him as the possible killer Ill add him tho the suspect list. He might me scheming, but he is not our killer.

It HAS to be one of those three, 100%.

Ernesto and Hector are to much into the cartel story, and those two storylines are not that connected. Also, Hector is a character we don't really care about enough to remember him, and Ernesto was not even in town yet when the first murder occured.

Besides them we have Taylor left, but she is obviously aware of some things.

But that's exactly what I found so disappointing about that season: they teased us for, like, 5 episodes that Philippe was the killer (dropping every anvil known to man on us)... and he actually was! There were not twists and turns, even his account of the events was exactly like we'd predicted. Very lazy.

I know, and I adore season 1, but we could easily figure out who the killer was. Also, they were advertising back then, to guess who the killer was on commercials etcetera, but Phillipe was not even introduced yet in the first half of the season. So we were guessing for a character we didnt even know yet.

• Love 1

It's also disappointing, however, when the show doesn't drop enough clues and the big "twist" at the end is equally as frustrating because it came out of nowhere.

• Love 1

I hope they don't reunite Rosie and Spence imediately because if I were Spence...I'm not sure I'd be like "sure, I'll take you back."  A good twist might be having Spence go back to Peri to have access to his child. 

I think Zoila has things to apologize for as well but I did like Genvieve suggesting couples counseling. 

This show is way too cruel to Evelyn.  Way too cruel.  And cruel to me. 

• Love 7

Am I the only one who doesn't understand A THING of what Ernesto's sleazy friend says? I'm gonna need subtitles to watch his scenes, because he slurs every letter that comes out of his mouth! :@

I also love the continuity bits this season: a few weeks ago it was Sebastian alluding to Philippe's "suicide" and now it was Taylor pointing out that Marisol already lied to her once in the past when she was an undercover maid snooping for information to write her book! I love that!

So working for Gail didn't lead anywhere... she was just Tania Taseltov 2.0, a glorified blonde extra who I'm positive will not even ever be mentioned again next season (assuming we get one). UGH! I'm NEVER getting my hopes up again with this show... besides, judging by next week's promo 

the killer looks like a young shaved man (hence it's Sebastien)

Well', at the very least I'm glad they didn't reveal the "big baddie" before the finale, which I was afraid they would.

• Love 2

With the sudden emergence of the baby Carmen gave away, I'm calling it right here:

Katy is Carmen's daughter.

Definitely! But didn't she say that she broke up with her former husband because "the babies never came"? Now it turns out she gave birth to a daughter? -.-'

I actually found the funniest part of the episode to be Carmen impersonating Evelyn, with that matronly look and deep voice saying "I'm Evelyn Powell, the pleasure is YOURS!" AHAHAHAH I'd been really looking forward to some sort of "inside joke" about Rebecca Wisocky's voice for a long time and I'm glad we got one. Besides, when that guy asked her what she does for a living and she said "Nuclear scientist" I just about died. AHAHAHAHAH Roselyn Sanchez has such a good comic timing, like Eva Longoria!

• Love 6

Am I the only one who doesn't understand A THING of what Ernesto's sleazy friend says? I'm gonna need subtitles to watch his scenes, because he slurs every letter that comes out of his mouth! :@

I also love the continuity bits this season: a few weeks ago it was Sebastian alluding to Philippe's "suicide" and now it was Taylor pointing out that Marisol already lied to her once in the past when she was an undercover maid snooping for information to write her book! I love that!

So working for Gail didn't lead anywhere... she was just Tania Taseltov 2.0, a glorified blonde extra who I'm positive will not even ever be mentioned again next season (assuming we get one). UGH! I'm NEVER getting my hopes up again with this show... besides, judging by next week's promo 

the killer looks like a young shaved man (hence it's Sebastien)

Well', at the very least I'm glad they didn't reveal the "big baddie" before the finale, which I was afraid they would.

I am having a forgetful moment, who is Sebastian??

I really liked it.  

Did Ernesto's cohort say that he took care of Spence? I couldn't understand what he said but I thought it was about taking care of someone, so when Rosie made a big deal about Spence not returning his calls, I thought that was why.  

My heart broke for Evelyn. To lose her son and her almost adopted son - ugh.  Carmen's part of that storyline was hilarious, but it was still such a sad storyline.  

I also like Zoila and Genevieve's plot. I haven't liked Zoila this season, but she somewhat redeemed herself tonight.  She rescued the dog, so that counts for something.

I didn't remember Taylor and Marisol being THAT close. It felt a little forced.  

Roselyn Sanchez playing Carmen playing Evelyn last night was stellar, absolutely stellar. I wish it had lasted longer! I like her involvement there because I can't stand her Sebastien storyline, and was disappointed that she went to him at the end.

• Love 4

Ok.. I am really dissapointed with the outcome of the killer. Last night I already saw the promotional photos for the season finale and they already spoiled who is the killer. I really wanted the killer to be Gail.. It would have made much more sense then the actual killer. Why are all the shows dissapointing me to the bone this year. Blegh.. I really have to learn not having any expectations in future seasons at all. 

• Love 1

Am I the only one who doesn't understand A THING of what Ernesto's sleazy friend says?

Well, that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

I had to laugh when Joy said "If you don't eat, you'll waste away," and Genevieve said "Yes I will! Why don't fat people understand how simple it is?"

I have to say, as far as the mystery goes, this is the best they've done in all three seasons because I have no idea what Taylor's part in all of this is.

• Love 6

I have to say, as far as the mystery goes, this is the best they've done in all three seasons because I have no idea what Taylor's part in all of this is.

At this point, no matter what the outcome, it's safe to say this is the best season yet (compelling like the first, but with the additional bonus of having a WELL THOUGHT OUT mystery), IMO at least. In fact, there were a few minor filler plots but nothing too bad, as in I never found myself scratching my eyes out out of boredom anyway, and the interactions between the characters have been the VERY BEST in three years! I mean, often times we would get an episode with Marisol interacting with the Powells AND Carmen AND Blanca AND the Stappords AND squeezing in her traditional meal out with the other maids... when was the last time we got that? XD

It just feels like a lot more effort was put into this season... color me shocked! XD

• Love 2

I really hope Spence isn't dead.... He fought so hard + so long to be with Rosie!  I won't even care if they don't get back together right away....I need my weekly dose of Grant Show since Melrose Place got cancelled.... But, I'd wish he cut his hair hair shorter....;-x

Edited by OrientalAmish
  • Love 1