Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: The Hand

In an effort to secure positive press for the hospital, Dean Munsch pitches a risky surgery to Dr. Holt, whose hand begins expressing more of a wild and dangerous personality than ever before. Meanwhile, Chanel #3 forces Cassidy to undergo a psych test to find the root of his condition with surprising results, and Nurse Hoffel sets a devious plan in motion.

The ending confused me. I cannot figure which of these three things of happened:

1) Dr Brock received the innocent hand transplant and the end showed us that he was, in fact, a psychopath and it was never his hand controlling him,

2) Dr Brock was tricked into thinking he had the transplant, but he really did not, leaving him unknowingly having the serial killer hand as he lets his guard down around Chanel,

or

3)  He received a hand transplant, but it was an even worse hand than he had before. The way Dr Cascade called it a "totally innocent hand" seemed suspicious.

Edited by Aileen

Who says evil serial killer hands don't have their uses?

Only a Chanel could think dating a hot serial killer is better then being alone.  Honestly I love #3 testing of Cassidy. I thought that was probably the stand out scene of the episode. 

• Love 4

I can't think of a show offhand that's had a more dramatic drop-off in quality between Seasons 1 and 2. The show is just boring and not even really all that funny this season, as evidenced by the fact that there's 4 comments here about last night's episode. 

The 1st season was 13 episodes, and this season's only 10. I think that right there shows their heart really wasn't in it as much this season. I'm guessing this is going to be the last season for this show. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Phishbulb said:

I can't think of a show offhand that's had a more dramatic drop-off in quality between Seasons 1 and 2. The show is just boring and not even really all that funny this season, as evidenced by the fact that there's 4 comments here about last night's episode. 

The 1st season was 13 episodes, and this season's only 10. I think that right there shows their heart really wasn't in it as much this season. I'm guessing this is going to be the last season for this show. 

The amount of episodes is clearly due to fact they would be preempted 3 to  4 times due to a debate, baseball and the election.

51 minutes ago, tom87 said:

The amount of episodes is clearly due to fact they would be preempted 3 to  4 times due to a debate, baseball and the election.

I would add the  poor ratings by the end of Season 1 didn't exactly help to somehow accommodate 13 episodes.  I would think privately within FOX there were major question marks as far as SQ improving or even maintaining the audience they had last year....The 0.5 ratings probably has them grateful they only committted to  10 episodes.

Regardless even 10 episodes seems like beyond padding at this point.  

Visual pun with neck/body brace, multiple killers in same costume, mystery child born in tragic circumstances, innumerable jokes about Chanel #5's unattractiveness, Chanel dissing her online loser fans, etc, etc, etc.  Is this Season 1 or Season 2?

Edited by caracas1914

FOX wanted a  fall and winter season where many of their hour long shows were just half seasons so they had no choice but to cut a few episodes off  its Tuesday night hour show.  If it was on Thursday it probably would have gotten the full 13 regardless of ratings.

Anyway I though the #3 Cassidy stuff was to drug out not even sure why we needed the boring dixion story-line to  prove or negate true love.

So it was odd to have Hester dismiss Dr Holt as the GM but then have his motive of killing be in question still after getting a new hand.   Its like they did a 180 on him being suspect  in a half hour.

With the preview  my bets are placed.  

Only 3 more episodes I can't image they will renew it it had potential and had some funny stuff but  just not the juice to sustain it for long.

AHS Roanoke (another Ryan Murphy production) and arguably is best peice of the franchise since Asylum is also 10 episodes instead of the usual 13.  He may be trying to tighten his writing or it may all be one big coincidence.  

Honestly I still love the show and find it hilarious.  There is a drop off in quality but not nearly as much as some think.  I loved the scenes with #3 and Cassidy.

Dr. Brock and his serial killer hand was fun especially when it rescued him from another serial killer.  Loved Hester not telling the Chanel's who the Green Meenie is even though she totally knows.

This may not be a great show but it is a fun one.  

• Love 1

Oh I still love this show. I love its callousness over not caring that patients are dying. I love that Brock was trying so hard to be non-chalant about his hand being duct-taped. That the Chanels have their numbers in glitter on the hats. That the reporter is so idiotic he's walking through a deserted part of the hospital chatting on his cellphone.

• Love 3

The 1st season was 13 episodes, and this season's only 10.

That's funny because it seems like it's been going on forever and I could have sworn we'd seen ten of them by now, not just seven. That's how much it's been dragging. 

Acht! Not 99 Red Balloons! Nothing makes me lunge for the remote to change the channel faster than that God-awful song.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

That's funny because it seems like it's been going on forever 

That's because it has, lol. They have stretched out 7 episodes over 11 weeks. Two episodes aired in September and 2 in October, and now 3 in November. Another reason why it's hard to get invested in the show or care about what's going on when it was off the air for weeks at a time.

4 hours ago, Phishbulb said:

That's because it has, lol. They have stretched out 7 episodes over 11 weeks. Two episodes aired in September and 2 in October, and now 3 in November. Another reason why it's hard to get invested in the show or care about what's going on when it was off the air for weeks at a time.

Actually I think it's been helpful not to have to watch the same SL go nowhere on consecutive weeks...it's dragging and it's not simply because of the scheduling...

Last week, we were invested in the mystery, because things actually happened.  This week was just "meh".  No Zayday, no motivation for why the murders are happening, nothing really interesting.  And Chanel was not herself, which was a shame, because she's such a big reason of why we watch.  

At this point, Mr. DuRona and I are not invested in the mysetry at all, and are just along for the ride.  Makes it much more enjoyable that way! 

8 hours ago, mertensia said:

Well to be fair I'm not sure they expected the World Series to go to 7 games.

They still would have had 3 preemptions if the WS  only went 4 games.  Which would account for 3 less episodes.

Edited by marymon

I don't think I care who the other GM is at this point.... and Hester is annoying me with her "I know but I won't tell you."

I think the only thing that made me laugh was the reporter's last name and the way JLC said it but now I can't remember what it is! Bonbon? Ronbon?

On 11/30/2016 at 3:52 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Dr. Brock and his serial killer hand was fun especially when it rescued him from another serial killer.

Yeah, this and all the tying/taping down of Brock's hand was my favorite parts of this episode.

• Love 1
On 11/30/2016 at 10:03 AM, Phishbulb said:

I can't think of a show offhand that's had a more dramatic drop-off in quality between Seasons 1 and 2. 

You are obviously not someone who watched Revenge :-)

• Love 3

I can't decide if I am still watching this show because I genuinely like it, or because I want to see it through. It changes week by week.

This week seemed like a lot of setup, not a lot of action. I did like the stuff with the hand, and I am hoping that the shot we got of Niecy Nash's silhouette means she's in Chekhov's Cryogenic Freeze and will pop up at the end. 

On 12/2/2016 at 5:06 PM, GaT said:

You are obviously not someone who watched Revenge :-)

Lol I thought the quality of the show dropped off after episode 4 when she was involved in a season long revenge plot instead of an episode long plot. 

As for this show I stopped watching the show after the last time Denise was attacked and thought I'd check the forums to see if anything happened but it sounds like it's gotten more slapstick and dull since last time. 

I always get a kick (pun not intended, happy coincidence) out of Taylor Lautner doing martial arts and flips. I genuinely like him, although I sometimes question his acting. However, he is good at martial arts and I've always been a little disappointed he hasn't been more successful in mindless action movie roles. 

John Stamos did some great work with the the psycho hand. 

Was that Willem Dafoe as the voice of Brock's evil hand? It sounded like it, but IMDB doesn't say. 

• Love 1