Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Fight for Your Life

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Jwd said:

I missed the end, did she cut the minis? :(

Spoiler

The minis are cut in next weeks episode, and Abby brings in two teens to join the team. The producers bring back Lilliana and Elliana in Episode 4 to join the team. So those two are the only ones who get to stay.

Please get rid of Jill and Kendall! I know that won't happen but it's my one wish. I'm so over Jill and even Holly that past couple of episodes. Jill just keeps pushing the buttons and I'm so sick of her. Shud up already!! Abby really owes them nothing as those kids would not have had the opportunities they've had if not for her. I'm not an Abby fan - but we probably would have come to adore any child that was introduced in the beginning to this show. I loved Brynn's dance and even enjoyed Kendall's dance. It's the best I thought she's ever danced.

I miss Peyton as I really loved that little girl - she was my favorite of the minis.  The only reason to keep some of the minis is to be eligible to enter the pre-teen group with a reduced age eligibility since the girls can no longer win in the advanced age group category.

• Love 1

I don't know much about the competitive dance world, but is it normal for mature teenagers with years of training and abilities to be prancing around with 'minis' in the same routine?  I could see one of Abby's hare brained themed dances being all right - big sister/little sister pairings- but in every competition number?  I think it looks odd.  And just by virtue of the age and skill differences, wouldn't Abby have to further 'dumb-down' the choreography so the 7 year olds can keep up?  I don't think the Hollywood/Broadway folk Abby claims to rub elbows with are looking for 14 or 15 year olds who can do acrobatic 'tricks' and cartwheels.

Bryn looked very seamless in her solo and her lyrical dances are pretty.  Kendall on the other hand still looks like she's mentally counting out the steps in her head.  She doesn't move through each step with fluidity; she has a herky-jerky way of methodically clomping through the movements.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, tessat said:

Abby really owes them nothing as those kids would not have had the opportunities they've had if not for her

Let's state it more as in they would not have had these opportunities without the show and LIfetime. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 5

So this is how it all ends, eh? Clearly the 'cutting' of kids is producer driven because of Abby's reaction and the words she used, "I'm supposed to cut now..." 

As for the mini's versus junior's it's boring and old now. We know it's scripted and while I think the animosity towards each group is real, the talking points are as washed up as Abby. 

I'd like to see Jill and Kendall gone just because I can't stand Jill. I also don't want to see it become a Jill versus Ashley show again.

• Love 3

I've had enough of the minis vs elite storyline!  It's so boring and tedious. Hopefully it will be killed off for good next week.

Gahhh, I'm so tired of Holly and Jill. They were insufferable last night. Are they gonna cling on to this show forever. Jeez, just move on already they've been here the longest out of all the mothers. Jill is always making excuses for Kendall and why she never wins. She was never good to begin with. Both Nia and Kendall are weak dancers.  I loved Brynn's solo. The only dancers worth watching on the elite team are Kalani and Brynn.

Aren't Kalani and Nia like 25 now. They're too old for this show. They looked ridiculous dancing next to those minis in the group. And Nia's boobs bouncing around was distracting, I thought they were gonna pop out of her tank top.

That group dance was cheesily horrible. That crap would never place first at a real competition. The elite girls were too old for that dance. Combining the elite teens and minis into one group was a dumb idea.  Does Abby not remember that awful Bollywood group dance from last season that did with the minis.

9 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I don't know much about the competitive dance world, but is it normal for mature teenagers with years of training and abilities to be prancing around with 'minis' in the same routine? 

Back in the early seasons, Abby used to criticize Cathy for doing this. She would stick older dancers in with Vivianne, who would just run on stage at the end, but that was enough to bring teens down to whatever age group the ALDC was in.

Does anybody that watches this show see Brynn and Kendall dance back to back and honestly think they are anywhere on the same level?  Kendall is not good.  It's all been said, but there is no fluidity or connection between her moves.   Does the show think if they say it enough that people will believe it?

That group dance was awful.  The older girls look ridiculous dancing alongside the minis.  I feel embarrassed for them, particularly Nia and Kalani.

• Love 3

For years I have heard Nia is leaving, but she just won't go! Could this be finally it? Kendall, how her mother schemed and preened to Abby to get her accepted. Is Jill as evil as she seems? or does she just follow the script, if the script sad to say her daughter has no talent, would she say it?  

10 hours ago, NickDisnCart said:

Gahhh, I'm so tired of Holly and Jill. They were insufferable last night. Are they gonna cling on to this show forever. Jeez, just move on already they've been here the longest out of all the mothers. Jill is always making excuses for Kendall and why she never wins. She was never good to begin with. Both Nia and Kendall are weak dancers.

I think they are clinging to this show for a reason. Somewhere deep in their deluded brains, they know their kids are not going to make millions and buy them mansions based on talent alone. They don't have much talent. So the mothers are working every angle they can.

Strong dancers can carry a weaker dancer. If the elite can't carry the minis it's just one more area they are not properly trained in.

Fitting that Kendall got Cleopatra. A snotty entitled diva? Typecast! When Jill said Kendall could win any genre I had to laugh. These moms are so desperate. I think Jill might trade in her own daughter if she could upgrade to a more talented one. 

Brynn has struggled with showing emotion, but Kendall is a wooden statue, and technically, Brynn can dance circles around Kendall. No question who is better. Kendall was a complete clod in that routine. It wasn't the choreography, it's her inability to work with props and costuming. 

What Melissa did to her family, sleeping with her boss, then marrying him and bankrupting him with these ridiculous competitions and this stupid show..... These moms are all despicable. 

Edited by Chewy101

That mini mom shrink is the worst. She cannot possibly be a psychotherapist. She has zero coping skills. The battle between the moms of both teams is ridiculous. It should be between the two teams, themselves. Novel concept.

“I need winners on this team. I’m creating one super team. I want to go back to the glory days and in order to do that, we have to get rid of who’s holding this team back. Nobody’s safe."

DO IT. Just do it. Get rid of Kendall! Nia, too. I like Nia, I do, and I'm always hoping she will do well but she has always been one of the weakest dancers.

Since this show is scripted, why can't there be a better script? The story lines are stupid, and the mothers are stupid-er. LOL.

We're not putting up with Abby's treatment, we'll just go to another studio. --to-- Cuts? Abby's making cuts? Oh no, I'm so nervous Abby might cut my daughter from her team.

Jill with her talking head recaps...  1)  like we don't know what we just watched, and...  2)  LIKE WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE JUST WATCHED! Either Jill is truly delusional or she thinks she can talk everyone into believing the spin she puts on everything because more times than not, the way Jill sees things is not the way I saw it.

57 minutes ago, holly4755 said:

Could this be finally it? Kendall, how her mother schemed and preened to Abby to get her accepted. Is Jill as evil as she seems? or does she just follow the script, if the script sad to say her daughter has no talent, would she say it?  

I almost wish she would. I hate how led on this kid is about her sub-talent. If the check was big enough, I think Jill could end all of this mess with a simple heart-to-heart.

4 minutes ago, Rylee said:

Jill with her talking head recaps...  1)  like we don't know what we just watched, and...  2)  LIKE WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE JUST WATCHED! Either Jill is truly delusional or she thinks she can talk everyone into believing the spin she puts on everything because more times than not, the way Jill sees things is not the way I saw it.

She has more talking heads segments than all the rest of the mothers combined. Then comes mouthy Holly. Watching the "elite" moms preen before the cheering crowd on competition day was so sad. 

I'm over Nia and Kendall and Kilania speaking disrespectfully of their teacher on camera. Do they not understand the dance world? Keep your mouth shut and work your butt off- the ego's aren't ever going away. Their teachers will always be this way, for the rest of their career. They are believing their mommies' hype and it's not doing them any favours.

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Chewy101 said:

She has more talking heads segments than all the rest of the mothers combined. Then comes mouthy Holly.

Do you think that's why she says such outrages things, to get more air time?

1 minute ago, Rylee said:

Do you think that's why she says such outrages things, to get more air time?

I wonder if the moms ever have any say with scripting. Like, are they given a direction, but they can still improvise? I think Jill tries so hard because her kid won't make it otherwise. Kendall is not only weak in talent, but she just weak in character. The amount of times she has stomped off set because she didn't like the part or the costume.. No one wants that crap. I think Jill battles for screen time because her kid can't possibly cut it otherwise. Or maybe Jill just likes her own screen time. I can't imagine why, when she proves to be a hypocrite week after week.

When they were casting this show, obviously they were looking for mothers with a dancer, or a dancer and their mother. I think when they cast the Vertes, it was Jill they wanted as one of the "dance moms" and Kendall was just the other part of the package. I think when they cast Maddie and Melissa, it was Maddie they wanted on the show, and Melissa and McKenzie were along for the ride. JMO

Is no one going to mention that "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" knock off that Brynn danced to? That was an insult to Andrew Lloyd Webber. I mean, maybe she danced to the real thing and they just covered with that monstrosity? "Save your tears for your pillow tonight..." Um, hello?

• Love 3

Brynn danced beautifully but that song put together especially about the ALDC was cringy! Kendall was bad, again. 

Like others have said, "get rid of who’s holding this team back."... so do it already!!! It's Kendall and Nia. It always has been. And I also agree that Kalani and Nia just look silly on the show now, they are too old for it. 

Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I wish the minis weren't being cut. If I were the producer I would keep the minis with Abby, let the elites go off to some other teacher, follow both stories for a while then gradually edge the elites out of the show since they're just getting too old for it and too over it. But no, we have to follow them till... till when? Abby's in jail or till they're off to college?

I did chuckle at Payton's mum taking the wrong child.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MaryLennox84 said:

Is no one going to mention that "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" knock off that Brynn danced to? That was an insult to Andrew Lloyd Webber. I mean, maybe she danced to the real thing and they just covered with that monstrosity? "Save your tears for your pillow tonight..." Um, hello?

That was funny and awful at the same time.   But now, Abby can claim that she writes song lyrics.  J/K

• Love 2

hellohoping - I'm a mini supporter too and folks despite how much we complain about the show - many of us are back on here week after week discussing it - so they do still have viewers. I've watched Survivor since it's inception but rarely go on Survivor boards, I've watched The Amazing Race for years but the past 2 seasons have lost interest - but I sit here and can't wait each week to watch Dance Moms no matter how upset I get - go figure.

Keep the show going even if they have to find a new teacher for the minis during Abby's absence.  I love watching the girls grow into themselves and become better dancers.

• Love 1

Kendall's Cleopatra seizure was a total mess, from her mask of a face that reads nothing but confusion and fear, to her s****** chair crawling and whatever the hell the rest of that Little Kicks Elaine from Seinfeld thing was. She reminded me of one of the chicks from Reefer Madness who takes one hit of weed and in the next shot is flailing around like a compete and hopeless lunatic.

I loved the "power lunch" start, with them saying how great the eight weeks off were (did we get eight weeks off, feels like this show is always on) and they weren't going to deal with Abby's nonsense -- you know, minor prison and bankruptcy type squabbles -- anymore, then they crawl back, can't even walk into her office, and get put straight back into the demeaning position vs. the minis they've been so glad to be free of. I like Ashlee, and Kira is crazy but seems mostly checked out of this besides her random fits of rage, but Jill and Holly are straight nuts. Their wide smiles and hearty waves -- when stepping off a bus to Vegas (glamour!) -- said it all. 

And the "go get Abby away from the mini moms and back in the room." So much for relying on Kendall and Nia's much promoted talent to earn spots on the team. I bet they've learned they always have to say their kids always do great no matter what or the show will turn them into the losers of the troupe. They are delusional -- I actually think equally, as Nia has almost as many if not more minuses than Kendall -- but subconsciously, they know their girls suck.

I'm glad Jojo and Mama Pig got sent back to what I desperately hope for both of them: school. But I'm sure they're in a one bedroom in Burbank recording awful songs loosely about the wrongs performed upon them by Abby on their own dime.

I really don't have any negative reactions to Abby anymore. I wouldn't be eager to accommodate anything for these psycho bitches, either, and I do feel an undercurrent that she does have some genuine affection for her charges, which is more than any of these parents display.

Kira: You guys have given up your whole childhood!

And severely impacted their adulthood, don't forget! But back on the bus now...

• Love 5

At the competition, the producers told audience members to not only sit in the middle of the auditorium so it looked as if a huge amount of people were there but they also asked audience members to sit on the stage during awards to make it seem like more studios were competing. 

The "competitions" have hit an all new low in terms of entries and competing studios. The show needs to ends when you can't even get people to show up. LOL

• Love 4

I used to really hate Abby, now I wish she would tell these rotten moms to go to hell. In what universe do they they think they can get away with talking to their teacher like they do. And honestly, I can't stand Jill and feel like throwing something at her through my tv screen.

I think Nia is really doing much better.  I've watched pretty closely tonight and I thought she held her own.  I love watching and rooting for her.  I love her personality, her work ethic and her obvious talent.  

As far as Holly goes, she's not perfect but if I were in the mom's shoes, she's the friend I'd most like to have.

Edited by OnceSane