Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Our Speculation Without Spoilers Topic

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

I'm curious about Nicky. I wonder if Nicky moved in with Kevin at some point. I ask this too because Kevin's son told Randall that his dad went to get takeout. When Kevin went for takeout, who was at home with Kevin's son and Rebecca? I didn't see a nanny or any other caretaker. This is why I'm wondering if Nicky at some point moved in with Kevin, got clean, etc. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, ForeverPluto said:

I'm curious about Nicky. I wonder if Nicky moved in with Kevin at some point. I ask this too because Kevin's son told Randall that his dad went to get takeout. When Kevin went for takeout, who was at home with Kevin's son and Rebecca? I didn't see a nanny or any other caretaker. This is why I'm wondering if Nicky at some point moved in with Kevin, got clean, etc. 

We know Beth was there so it's possible that when she got there Kevin was home then left to get food. She could have been in with Rebecca and didn't know where Kevin had gone hence kevinKid supplying Randall with the info on Kevin's whereabouts. If Nicky doesn't live with Kevin, it could be they know Rebecca is at the end so Kevin called Nicky and he came in the same way Randall called Toby and he came.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, ForeverPluto said:

I think it's quite possible.  When Randall was going in, he asked if "he" was in there, without having to say Nicky's name (partially to not spoil the surprise for us), but that suggests that he was more than a one-time visitor.  Otherwise Randall might have asked if anyone else was there, or on their way. 

• Love 1

I’m curious about Nicky too. I wonder if he and Rebecca reconnected somehow, (but not romantically) through Kevin, and both realized that their link of Jack was beneficial to both of them. If she has something like Alzheimer’s, maybe positive stories of Jack growing up was making her smile, while maybe Nicky realized he also needed Rebecca’s stories about mid-life Jack. 

Edited by dannymoon
  • Love 4
On 4/13/2019 at 5:35 PM, dannymoon said:

I’m curious about Nicky too. I wonder if he and Rebecca reconnected somehow, (but not romantically) through Kevin, and both realized that their link of Jack was beneficial to both of them. If she has something like Alzheimer’s, maybe positive stories of Jack growing up was making her smile, while maybe Nicky realized he also needed Rebecca’s stories about mid-life Jack. 

I think there's a lot of story to tell there.  When last we saw Nicky, he wanted to be left alone in his trailer.  Over the next years we might see him reconnect with Kevin step by step, then the rest of the family.  It would make sense, and I would love to see that progression. 

• Love 5
On 4/13/2019 at 6:35 PM, dannymoon said:

Wouldn't it be crazy if they did romantically connect? I like Miguel a lot but never felt that he had any chemistry with Rebecca. I really do not know why they are together besides not be lonely in the sunset years and bonding over the loss of Jack.

I can see the actor who plays Nicky and older Mandy Moore having chemistry. However, having Rebecca go from Jack, to Jack's best friend, and finally to Jack's brother would be way too gross.

• Love 7

Today I read a theory that for finale of the series Kate will not be dead, but will be thin!!! Does anyone know how that would be possible? Can they put Chrissy's head on someone else's body? Or, has Chrissy had a big weight loss? She was on WWHL in July and was as large as ever, so I think that says that she has not dropped a lot of weight since July. Must just be rumor.

• Love 2

I'm not sure where this idea should go, so I'll put it here and if there is a better thread, please let me know.

What if, after TIU ended its run, they edited all the episodes and ran them so that the stories ran chronologically, rather than mixing time periods together in an episode.  So season 1, episode 1 would be about Jack and Rebecca getting together.  You'd work your way through the birth of the kids and through their pre-teen years, Jack's death and their lives afterwards.  

It would be like having a totally new experience with the same people and events.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, buckboard said:

I'm not sure where this idea should go, so I'll put it here and if there is a better thread, please let me know.

What if, after TIU ended its run, they edited all the episodes and ran them so that the stories ran chronologically, rather than mixing time periods together in an episode.  So season 1, episode 1 would be about Jack and Rebecca getting together.  You'd work your way through the birth of the kids and through their pre-teen years, Jack's death and their lives afterwards.  

It would be like having a totally new experience with the same people and events.

I would watch that.  A retrospective in chronological order would be fun.  Us fans who've watched the entire series could relive it and find new perspective on things, and the new viewers or those who didn't like the flashbacks and flash forwards could still end up having watched the series.

• Love 4

Since we don’t know the time lapse between Toby arriving and Kevin returning to the new house with food, I’m not worried about not seeing Kate yet.  We know “they” are on their way, and Beth tells Kevin that everyone is with Rebecca so she probably arrived at some point between those two scenes.

I think Kevin and Randall’s rift is going to be because Kevin wants to take over Rebecca’s care, and Randall can’t  let go.  Given how many times and people have talked about Kevin abandoning the family by taking off to New York and eloping with Sophie, I can totally picturing Kevin wanting to step in now and make up for that lost time.  Just like Kate was saying how regretful she was that this is happening when she is finally in a good place with Rebecca.  With all of them in LA, Randall might be upset that he is out of the loop.  Hopefully it’s just a temporary rift.  I don’t know if I could handle Randall turning 40 isolated from his mother and siblings.

Still want more on Miguel.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

With all of them in LA, Randall might be upset that he is out of the loop.  Hopefully it’s just a temporary rift.  I don’t know if I could handle Randall turning 40 isolated from his mother and siblings.

Maybe Randall will be at odds with some aspect of the plan to build a house from Jack's sketch. It will be sad if he is excluded for any reason. Isn't their birthday also their father's birthday? I won't be surprised if he turns up at some point anyway. Mom wasn't answering her phone, if nothing else he would want to make sure with his own eyes that she was all right.

• Love 1

I'm setting out my bet that there's no rift. That in the weeks before the Big 3's 40th birthday, Kate and Kevin are honoring Randall's (therapist's) decision (suggestion) that he distance himself from Rebecca and her care, and allow his siblings to step up. To give Randall a sense of life as lived not fought, and give Kevin and Kate each some time to be central to their mother's well-being. For Randall to learn that his best efforts can't keep life or death at bay, and that his best efforts aren't what will keep the family whole.

He'll make it to the cabin by nightfall.

• Love 6