Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Till Death Do Us Part

• Start Topic

Six weeks ago, three couples met at the altar and married as complete strangers. They were matched by experts, but now it’s up to them to decide whether or not to continue their relationships. Will they stay married or opt for a divorce?

This is an episode thread for discussing things that happened in this episode.  Many posters in the episode threads prefer to remain unspoiled re: social media posts, Unfiltered, Confessions, etc.   This is not a lot to ask, so please follow the rules.  

If you want to post any reference to something you heard outside of the actual episode and aired preview, please take it to the appropriate Spoilers/SM thread.  

Ugh, I hate how they're drawing this out.  I don't need a recap of the entire season (particularly the last episode), just show decision day.  Maybe go more into depth with people as to why they made their decision.  FYI, I hate you.

• Love 11

Yet they think for some reason the recap is needed...maybe its to remind us of how bad the editing is and how pathetic the "experts" are with the "advice" they give out. Since I don't get this until later I shall read alone with all the comments as usual on what happens......once the crapfest recap is over. LOL 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Yet they think for some reason the recap is needed...maybe its to remind us of how bad the editing is and how pathetic the "experts" are with the "advice" they give out. Since I don't get this until later I shall read alone with all the comments as usual on what happens......once the crapfest recap is over. LOL 

I have to DVR it so same here.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I have to DVR it so same here.

Same and in many ways I am glad for it.

Just now, belladonna77 said:

Nick's friend that showed up at his Cinco de Mayo party keeps it real.  He asked Sonia what Nick said that upset her and he told her that he would have left as well. 

Good!! Hope he told Nick what a douche he was for it too. He should have told her how she shouldn't have come back as well. 

• Love 3
Just now, Evil Queen said:

Good!! Hope he told Nick what a douche he was for it too. He should have told her how she shouldn't have come back as well. 

Sadly, no.  Nick has some ass-y friends (not including this guy).  There was a dating couple that were shocked Nick and Sonia were trying to build a friendship instead of acting immediately as a married couple.  This relationship has its own issues, but his friends don't see anything from another viewpoint.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Real4real said:

It's only been six weeks . . .why does it feel like six years??   They have droned on and on.  Just end it already!

I know right! IF I watch next season I will just watch the decision day episode because they are  rehashing the whole season in two hours and fifteen minutes. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, belladonna77 said:

Sadly, no.  Nick has some ass-y friends (not including this guy).  There was a dating couple that were shocked Nick and Sonia were trying to build a friendship instead of acting immediately as a married couple.  This relationship has its own issues, but his friends don't see anything from another viewpoint.

Well that is a shame. Yet it figures. Heck I'd be shocked they were able to build a friendship at all but after what he said that is all they should be trying to have if that.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, belladonna77 said:

Ugh, I hate how they're drawing this out.  I don't need a recap of the entire season (particularly the last episode), just show decision day.  Maybe go more into depth with people as to why they made their decision.  FYI, I hate you.

Ugh !   all recaps to run the clock.  The friends are smarter than the experts.  Nick with those dogs and Sonia with the Alvira lipstick.  Tom wants his freedom & bus, but he also wants Lily on his terms which suck for her.  They should all go separate ways and call it a day.  The whole concept doesn't work.  Now Sonia is moving back.   I think she's nuts and so is Rachel the expert who's telling her what to do.  Sonia & Nick don't look comfortable with each other.  We'll see.  What's funny to me is that I can just see my husband doing those exercises.  I'm hysterical laughing.

• Love 4

Nice gift Tom gave Lily.  Maybe she could put it on a chain and wear it around her neck.  Geeze .. Lily looks nervous that Tom might not want to continue, poor thing.  And he's deciding if he wants to continue.  WTF?  What's with Nick?  A totally different personality .. Not him at all.  Sonia is too desperate.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

What's with Nick?  A totally different personality .. Not him at all.  Sonia is too desperate.

Not sure how since I won't see it until tomorrow or later in the week but is it a way he could be trying to make himself look better for tv since its the end? Or is he just really REALLY drunk? LOL

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Evil Queen said:

Not sure how since I won't see it until tomorrow or later in the week but is it a way he could be trying to make himself look better for tv since its the end? Or is he just really REALLY drunk? LOL

I think he realized what an ass he'd been and he's doing his best to be good . . . now.  It's a little too late, I suspect. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, belladonna77 said:

I think he realized what an ass he'd been and he's doing his best to be good . . . now.  It's a little too late, I suspect. 

Ahhh so he is pulling a Sam shall we say? Which in turn I take it as trying to make themselves look good for tv more than anything.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

For everyone taping this, just FF to the last 45 minutes, they are really dragging their decisions out.

LOL Thanks for that. Reasons to follow along here before watching it. Pays to be on Pacific time with this show. 

UGH!!!! Belladonna77 thanks....WTF is wrong with her?

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 4

I still think he was beyond drunk which is why the sex happened....he is an ass. I don't get it. SMH If there had been even a little glimmer of attraction it would have shown but sorry there was none and don't buy there was one at the end there. Even with the editing thrown in the mix, the guy only seemed semi human when drunk and never anything otherwise but cold

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 8

I wonder if Heather would have been more open to Derek if he had not scuumbed to that fad haircut that looks good on NO ONE! The result would be the same but when you lead with ugly the first impression can drive the train. 

• Love 3

Not to surprised on that one Belladonna77 but think its a mistake as well. I will be surprised if at the 6 month reunion they are still together. If so that means both made some major compromises. Which that is all that would be needed for them and Tom to stop being judgy. 

I wonder how much of the reason Sonia made that choice is because of the "experts" pushing her to do so? They bully them over and over again to do stuff so I could see it being a reason for it. Heck they tried to do it to Heather but thankfully she was smart and stuck to her guns on her choice. 

• Love 7

I honestly think they experts pushed them together with the idea that it would be like dating and that it will just as hard to get divorced now or as it would be later.  It was probably how they got both couples to stay together.  We'll see at the six month mark.

• Love 5

So I said in the Episode-12 thread:

"I think Lily and Tom are done......I have an inkling, though, that Nick and Sonia will opt to stay married."

Surprised, actually, on both results!

Was that an actual smooch Nick gave Sonia?!

And could Lily check her manicure any more as Tom was giving the "whole future ahead of us and you're what I need" spiel? Heh.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 4

I really thought Sonia and Nick would stay together and Tom and Lily would split up too.  Do we know if couples tell each other their decisions before the big day?  I know FYI wants us to think they don't tell each other, but if I'm agreeing to stay married to some dude, we better agree on that decision and not make me look like a fool on TV.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, belladonna77 said:

I really thought Sonia and Nick would stay together and Tom and Lily would split up too.  Do we know if couples tell each other their decisions before the big day?  I know FYI wants us to think they don't tell each other, but if I'm agreeing to stay married to some dude, we better agree on that decision and not make me look like a fool on TV.

I think they are discouraged from doing so otherwise when the one wants to stay married and the other doesn't there is no true OMG shock face to show. LOL

Surprised as hell! I think the 'experts' pushed and bullied these couples into their decisions. Especially Sonia and Nick. 

I hate that I'm looking forward to the reunion to see if the situations have changed. 

100% agree with you. 

• Love 6

Lily seemed kind of checked out back at home after the decision. A rare kiss between Sonia & Nick!

Nick is just so awkward.

I would imagine they are instructed not to reveal their decisions to each other. But in an off camera moment they might have shared their thoughts. The only thing I'd worry about is a reversal on decision day to make drama for TV.

• Love 4

Surprised as hell! I think the 'experts' pushed and bullied these couples into their decisions. Especially Sonia and Nick

That's why I really want to see the reunion now. But even if that whole thing with those two was staged, she still looks like a fool being with a guy who would say those things especially after sex with her.

2 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Sonia digs Nick. She always has. 

I always thought that as well, but that the feeling wasn't quite mutual. It would make her put up with a lot though if she has some sort of infatuation going, or really just likes him 'as is' no matter what he does or says. It will make for an 'interesting' life for her with him (sigh).

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, belladonna77 said:

I feel like Tom and Lily are judging Nick and Sonia at this breakfast.

I felt that, too, and wondered if I was nitpicking.  I expected Lily and Sonia to be much more warm toward each other, but Lily came across almost cold.  Weird.  

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, belladonna77 said:

I honestly think they experts pushed them together with the idea that it would be like dating and that it will just as hard to get divorced now or as it would be later.  It was probably how they got both couples to stay together.  We'll see at the six month mark.

Perhaps after the debacle that was Heather & Derek they just weren't having it with the other two couples, because they'd start looking like, well, like, not so much like 'experts', anymore?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

Perhaps after the debacle that was Heather & Derek they just weren't having it with the other two couples, because they'd start looking like, well, like, not so much like 'experts', anymore?

Did they ever come off like "experts"? LMAO

• Love 7

Watching the final sceen with tom, lily, sonia,  nick. Hysterical.  They could not spring for a real coffee shop for fiilming. Look at the lousy fake windows on that cheap set!!!  And to think we get a 5th season.  Go for the gold FYI.  And I will watch the god forsaken thing. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Watching the final sceen with tom, lily, sonia,  nick. Hysterical.  They could not spring for a real coffee shop for fiilming. Look at the lousy fake windows on that cheap set!!!  And to think we get a 5th season.  Go for the gold FYI.  And I will watch the god forsaken thing. 

Probably got told their crappy low budget show was not welcome in real ones. LOL And I think this forum alone makes it worth watching in the end. 

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

If these ppeople are experts, I need to see their university grades  or something.  They should not be so bad at this. 

48 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

I felt that, too, and wondered if I was nitpicking.  I expected Lily and Sonia to be much more warm toward each other, but Lily came across almost cold.  Weird.  

I feel like Sonia was over the top when she fed Tom her food. 

• Love 2

I just don't get it.  Nick tells Sonia to her face that he's not attracted to her and just doesn't like her.  How could she move back and then stay married to him?  He's very weird.  Kissing them dogs every minute .. Letting them sleep in the bed.  Then Lily and Tom.   I know she cares for him, but not wanting kids from her is a big deal, at least to me .. And then that stuff that he wants to live life NOW and go on the bus a lot and not change his lifestyle is also asking too much.  Is she afraid she won't find another guy if she ends it with Tom.  It's not. Like she's old .. She's still in her middle twenties.  I think both girls are desperate.

• Love 17
15 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Yeah me too.  It looked to me like Tom and Lilly thought Nick and Sonia were a little strange, hence the coldness.  Tom or Lilly (I forget which one) noticed that Nick and Sonia were not affectionate and seemed less emotionally involved with each other than they were.  Perhaps like us they notice their lack of connectedness and don't buy that they'll make it.  I'm sure that had to feel a little uncomfortable.  Judging from what Nick's friends said to him it's pretty obvious that they talk about behind his back about his lack of social/relationship skills.  I loved Nick's friends.  They're adults and the body language told me they see Nick as their emotionally immature friend who is way past due on getting it together with women.  I think Sonia wanted to continue with Nick to see where it went because she is afraid she won't find anyone else after a string of unsuccessful relationships and being over 30.  She probably bought into the pressure from the "experts" plus Nick saying "what do you have to lose?" like he said to her in last weeks episode.  She seems a bit on the desperate side and probably doesn't want to give up even if it doesn't look good just in case things change.  I think she needs to watch the "Love Kernels" song from this weeks ep. of "Crazy Ex Girlfriend" because that's exactly what she's doing.  She's scraping the barrel to find evidence that Nick's the guy for her and that he really cares.

Tom and Lilly:  Eh, I knew they would stay together.  It seemed a foregone conclusion.  Tom's a douche but at times he has moments of wisdom so there's probably a little hope that he'll grow up in time.  I liked what he said about making a choice between what he wanted (bus beach life) and what he needed (Lilly).  I really hope he meant that.

• Love 9

I also thought that his - Nick's friends don't really like him and know there's something wrong with him as well as his inability to have a relationship other than at pool locker rooms 

• Love 7