Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Five Hoda Kotbs

Recreating the Golden Gate Bridge with twizzlers...along with the jumpers. Oh, Carol.

Just when Tandy started to get less irritating...Lewis comes out and he won't shut up about it. AND he was responsible for burning down San Francisco. Yeah, listening the 12 Days of the Today Show would make anyone want to leave him on the side of the road.

"Do you know how far Vancouver is from Dollywood?!" I'm with Carol. And Lewis, really. Portland is a good place to farm. And of course Gail wants to leave for Napa. It's where all the wine is.

So that cliffhanger...who is running that building?! We'll find out in two weeks.

• Love 3

I think I must have missed the ending of last week's episode. Why did they decide to go on a road trip in the first place?

What is that thing they're looking at at the end of the episode? Some kind of office building?

Whatever happened to the drone that was spying on Gail? Did they ever explain that?

I'm guessing it has something to do with Silicon Valley, a high-tech office building that serves as a mini-community in a way.

I loved Melissa running around. I also loved her with the Bugles on her fingers saying she was eating her fingers. Hey, that's not that crazy to me. That's what you do with Bugles.

I know Tandy is annoying, but I really felt bad for him. He's just trying to be positive and keep things upbeat. Scratch that. He's not TRYING to be positive; he just is.

I really liked that rhino sculpture at the patio furniture place.

• Love 3

For that matter how is gas still working?

I know it's supposed to be a fun show, but the gas thing always bothers me.  Isn't it all gummy after 3 years?  How are they pumping it?  Aren't gas stations electric?  So many questions.

On 10/24/2016 at 3:45 AM, placate said:

The baby cow just makes me happy, so cute. 

When was the last time we saw the calf -- it was several episodes ago.  Who tended to it when they all went to Cher's house ?

On 10/24/2016 at 1:02 PM, iMonrey said:

Whatever happened to the drone that was spying on Gail? Did they ever explain that?

Nope

On 10/24/2016 at 1:15 PM, cpcathy said:

It does look to be a giant office building, but I'm wondering as to why it's lit up. More people?

I'm thinking it's a bigger version of the solar-powered house with the freezer full of bacon -- why they never moved into that house is beyond me ?

On 10/24/2016 at 2:41 PM, peeayebee said:

I loved Melissa running around. I also loved her with the Bugles on her fingers saying she was eating her fingers. Hey, that's not that crazy to me. That's what you do with Bugles.

Where did they find 3+ year old bugles that hadn't gone stale ?  Or twizzlers that hadn't turned hard as rock after all that time ?

On 10/24/2016 at 6:44 PM, Suzysite said:

I know it's supposed to be a fun show, but the gas thing always bothers me.  Isn't it all gummy after 3 years?  How are they pumping it?  Aren't gas stations electric?  So many questions.

They showed last season that gasoline was already going chunky-style. Where are they getting it all from ?  

The self-driving car was just stupid --  do the writers not know how they work ?  Because they are highly reliant on Internet access.

Could someone ... oh, say Melissa ... just kill Tandy already ?  His dumbassery and annoying behavior is ruining what could be a much better show.  
Of course he was responsible for burning down San Francisco.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

Where did they find 3+ year old bugles that hadn't gone stale ?  Or twizzlers that hadn't turned hard as rock after all that time ?

Preservatives! Don't Twinkies last a millennia? Seriously though, I think we'd be surprise at how long sealed bags of snack foods would last.

7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Preservatives! Don't Twinkies last a millennia? Seriously though, I think we'd be surprise at how long sealed bags of snack foods would last.

Preservatives keep them from going bad, but water absorption from the air over time makes them go stale and thus no longer crunchy.  Even sealed bags leak a little over a long time, and oxygen and moisture gets in.

No! Twinkies live forever!

Actually, I think things like corn chips and Bugles would be pretty much "OK" after three years if not exactly factory-fresh. Baked goods, not so much.

The gasoline thing is harder to hand-wave away.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

No! Twinkies live forever!

Actually, I think things like corn chips and Bugles would be pretty much "OK" after three years if not exactly factory-fresh. Baked goods, not so much.

The gasoline thing is harder to hand-wave away.

I'm able to put on my suspend my disbelief for the majority of the show to enjoy it. But the gasoline thing is tough to ignore since they specifically addressed it last season when Phil explained to the group that it wouldn't keep when it started turning chunky. But they haven't addressed that since and have done their fair share of driving.

• Love 2
On 10/24/2016 at 3:44 PM, piequinn35 said:

Why they did not get a huge celebrity RV or something?

Apparently all the nice RV's are unavailable in an apocalypse - Only really crappy RV's are on the road...  I watch The Walking Dead too...

^haha I know! Phil did get the stealth fighter, but not a huge celebrity RV, there's the issue of gas but this is a tv show, if I was one of them, I would get a huge RV, a huge yacht, a huge house with lots of solar panels and has water making machine :D 

• Love 1

You can't argue logic with this show; it's the Gilligan's Island of today. You just accept circumstances within the information we've been given, and then laugh. 

I mean, obviously normal people would settle in a temperate climate and plant a garden. They'd find a place with lots of fruit trees and other perennial edibles, for sustainability. But clearly, these are not normal people. And this is not a documentary.

• Love 5