Type keyword(s) to search

Super Wish List

Kromm
  • Start Topic

I wasn't so happy that Kara's new job was the same as Clark's old one (reporter). THEN something occurred to me, and I will be SO happy if they realize this is possible and actually do it.

My wish is that we eventually get a reveal that Kara wanted to be a reporter... not because of Clark... but because of Lois Lane.  If that's who she wants to emulate/model herself after... 

It's perfect, because it's a sneaky way around the "too much like Clark" thing, it pays tribute to one of the best female characters in comics, and it would give an us entree to meet Lois (ideally in an episode without Clark even being present). 

• Love 2

Kind of a betrayal to Cat, no? Wasn't Cat a reporter and also, oh yeh founded Cat co - and hates Lois. But it would be nice if Kara's goal was explained better from her point of view. Something like Supergirl can help for 5 minutes saving one person from a fire but Kara the reporter can investigate the faulty product that started the fire and save hundreds of people. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, BooBear said:

Kind of a betrayal to Cat, no? Wasn't Cat a reporter and also, oh yeh founded Cat co - and hates Lois. But it would be nice if Kara's goal was explained better from her point of view. Something like Supergirl can help for 5 minutes saving one person from a fire but Kara the reporter can investigate the faulty product that started the fire and save hundreds of people. 

Cat was never a hard news reporter. She was an Entertainment/Lifestyle reporter.  The show supports this by how Lena Luthor talks about CatCo Magazine's reputation.

Cat's antipathy for Lois is mainly about Clark.

I want them to explore Kara being an alien more.

I want to see some LGBTQ representation - my preference is Alex but I'll take anything.

I want Cat Grant to come back :(

I don't want Kara to be paired off with anyone at this point. We'll see if they introduce someone that makes me change my mind.

I don't want the focus to be on CatCo. I find the DEO stories - with Hank and Alex - are often more interesting, and I think that will be even more imbalanced without Cat Grant.

I'd like to see Alura again.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, secnarf said:

I want them to explore Kara being an alien more.

I want to see some LGBTQ representation - my preference is Alex but I'll take anything.

But why does the LGBTQ character always have to be a woman?  Speaking as a gay MAN, can't we get some MALE representation for a change?  I mean, look at the huge man-crush Winn had on Superman (and that I think he'd have had on Barry Allen if Barry had stuck around any longer).  I think Winn took Superman's leaving National City to return to Metropolis even harder than Kara did.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

But why does the LGBTQ character always have to be a woman?  Speaking as a gay MAN, can't we get some MALE representation for a change?  I mean, look at the huge man-crush Winn had on Superman (and that I think he'd have had on Barry Allen if Barry had stuck around any longer).  I think Winn took Superman's leaving National City to return to Metropolis even harder than Kara did.

It doesn't HAVE to be a woman. I just think that of the characters currently on the show, it would fit best with Alex. ymmv.

Also, there's no reason why they can only have one LGBTQ character.

• Love 2

I just don't want the show to turn into a "got one of those, got one of those". I actually don't want Alex to be the LGBTQ character because I feel like she has several big roles on this show, sister to Kara, DEO agent, and best friend to J'ohn.  As much as I hate to say it I think Winn needs a co plot more. Not to mention I would like Max Lord back and reformed for Alex.

I was a little disappointed that Helen Slater didn't have one moment with the new Supes so, if TH comes back give me one scene. Maybe this year Clark gets an invite for xmas at the Danvers' home.  Wouldn't even need to get the superman suit out.

I REALLY want them to do the following:

Introduce Wonder Girl

Bring in Intergang

Have Superman be abducted and missing

Bring in the Female Furies

Bring Superman back in a finale revealing that he has been brainwashed to become Darkseids new toy.

• Love 1

My wish is that they fix two of the bigger character problems I have with the show currently:

1) Jimmy is useless. The Guardian storyline feels forced and the scenes seem like you're suddenly watching a completely different show. His "super" powers also take away from the greatness of Supergirl's abilities. They don't know what to do with him, but this isn't it. Having him refocus as a photographer or leader of Catco and the struggle to remain loyal to his friend while also wanting the inside scoop for his job. Have him write scathing articles about LutherCorp or Cadmus and struggle with potentially hurting his friend Kara (or his new friend Lena - there's room for more friendships on this show). He's the tie to the media world still, and I think it's a good contrast to the "super" world and the Corporation world and a chance to show the conflict between those three realms.

2) Mon-El being the new heartthrob. Chris Wood is an attractive guy but I'd like to see more of him finding a family in Kara and others (bromance with Winn!) rather than being immediately thrown into a romantic plot. Have him struggle more with having powers and the pressure to be a hero with wanting to find a normal life on Earth. He doesn't have romantic chemistry with Kara but I think they play off each other well as two excited space puppies just trying to do their best in whatever way that is.

There's a lot of chance for interesting dynamics in the main group - Kara, Alex, Maggie, Lena, James, Winn, and Mon-El - with their personalities, jobs, families, etc that I think it would be a good source of both conflict and humor. I wish they'd explore that more.

• Love 2
On 11/7/2016 at 1:12 PM, Primal Slayer said:

I REALLY want them to do the following:

Introduce Wonder Girl

Bring in Intergang

Have Superman be abducted and missing

Bring in the Female Furies

Bring Superman back in a finale revealing that he has been brainwashed to become Darkseids new toy.

They kind of did that last year with the girl they pumped full of drugs to change her DNA so she could be Max Lord's very own controlled Supergirl. (Plus they indoctrinated her to think of Supergirl as bad) But then they instead had her turn into Bizarro Supergirl.  Odd choice IMO.  

I think Darseid and stories related to him would be something that could happen in a season further down the road.  He feels too big for a second season.  But yeah, that would be a good storyline, with Superman missing.  It would also give us reason to meet Lois.  And as much as I hated Lois on Smallville and did not like Lucy on this show, I really like the character of Lois so I would love to add another smart girl to the Supergirl line up.   

Imagine if they did a season long arc of Superman missing.  They could have Lois actual temporarily (think most of the season) transfer to National City where the center of the search for Clark would be going on (at the DEO).  She could be on loan from the Daily Planet and they could get Calista to return for some great scenes and Lois could actually mentor Kara out on the newspaper beat (and we could have them writing something from Cat that grudgingly acknowledged that Lois could teach Kara something, so it wouldn't be a betrayal, lol).  

Edited by BkWurm1
5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Imagine if they did a season long arc of Superman missing.  They could have Lois actual temporarily (think most of the season) transfer to National City where the center of the search for Clark would be going on (at the DEO).  She could be on loan from the Daily Planet and they could get Calista to return for some great scenes and Lois could actually mentor Kara out on the newspaper beat (and we could have them writing something from Cat that grudgingly acknowledged that Lois could teach Kara something, so it wouldn't be a betrayal, lol).  

And an especially nice touch would be that Lois already knows that Kara is Supergirl, just as James did before he met her.  I think Kara could use a female confidante besides Alex who knows her secret identity, and who better than the woman who's dating/married to her cousin and has been keeping his secret for years?

Oh, and one other twist I'd like to see:  In the comics, several years after Kara arrived on Earth and not long after she was adopted by the Danverses, Kara discovered that her birth parents were actually still alive and had escaped Argo City's destruction by beaming themselves into what was known as the Survival Zone, which was a dimension similar to the Phantom Zone but on an entirely different wavelength.  After she and her foster parents worked to rescue them from the Survival Zone, Zor-El and Alura took up residence in Kandor, the last surviving city of Krypton, where Kara could visit them anytime she wanted to.

Given Kara's current ambivalence about her birth parents, it would be interesting to see her actually confront them in the flesh rather than via pre-recorded interactive holographic projections.  And hey, who wouldn't welcome Laura Benanti back after she's had her baby?

• Love 2

^ I'd love to have Laura back, but I can't see her taking her baby cross country and away from her husband for extended periods of time. He has his own job that keeps him in New York. I'm not sure what he does, but I know it's not in the entertainment business. Whatever we get of Laura will probably be filmed in NYC like her Alura appearance or maybe a really short trip here or there to Vancouver. I'd love to be wrong though. 

I would love for them to either eliminate or fully embrace the idea of Kara as a reporter. Which is to say, either have her quit Catco and work for the DEO full-time or invest significantly more time and energy to being a reporter. There's no reason why Kara can't be spending time developing reporting time to investigating things like Cadmus, Lena Luthor, Max Lord (remember him?).

I would love it if the writers could do better in avoiding having Kara lose fights because she forgets she has powers or plays down to an adversary. There's no way that 4 people with the fanciest guns there are should be able to give her a hard time when she's had prep time. This means either having more powerful foes, or foes who can outsmart her or foes who challenge her morals and use them against her.

I would love it if they explained why Superman was absent when it's a job for everyone. For example, when Cadmus breaks into his so-called Fortress and steals a virus that is set to kill all aliens, one might think he'd chime in. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I would love it if they explained why Superman was absent when it's a job for everyone. For example, when Cadmus breaks into his so-called Fortress and steals a virus that is set to kill all aliens, one might think he'd chime in. 

I get using some of the Superman elements to draw in viewers or add a sense of familiarity, but I wish they'd cut out the Fortress and other mainly-Superman things. Keep him to a once a season special appearance (or short arc) and then let Supergirl (the character and the show) stand on it's own. They have more than enough world to build within the DEO and Catco and National City.

One thing they'd have to do is make sure the stakes are lowered. Obviously, going running to Superman every time Parasite or Silver Banshee or people like that show up doesn't make sense. But when you have a force threatening to murder every non-Kryptonian alien on Earth, or when you have at least a couple dozen Kryptonians planning genocide, maybe calling in the Big Blue Boy Scout would be in order. 

My wish list:

-better writing for the villains. Lillian Luthor was SO one-dimensional and most of the show's villains haven't been better. The show never really explored Astra to her full potential, but bring back someone like her, who's a compelling villain who kind of has a point sometimes. (Maybe this will end up being Jeremiah....)

-Keep Lena gray, she's best that way.

-drop the Guardian and show James doing his actual photojournalist job. Along those lines, commit to Kara's reporter job or cut it (and Catco entirely).

-For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE give Kara an arc that is about her in 2B. "Nagging fratboy into being Boyfriend Material" does NOT an arc make, writers. 

-To get to know Maggie better, I'd really enjoy a "day in the life" episode from her POV, as we learn more about the Science Police and follow her around and see Alex/Kara/the DEO from her POV. This could be hilarious if done properly, but also really deepen the show's mythology.

-MORE SPACE FAMILY. Kara/Alex/J'onn are the show's heart and it feels like they forgot that for a while. Don't forget again!

-oh, and give me more M'gann.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, stealinghome said:

Along those lines, commit to Kara's reporter job or cut it (and Catco entirely).

I rather they didn't cut it completely, because I think it's important that Kara has a life outside of being a superhero. So definitely commit to her growth as a reporter.

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:49 AM, legaleagle53 said:

1. Because straight society doesn't see lesbians as any sort of threat

2. Because straight men find lipstick lesbians a turn on (you could have the most homophobic man in the world but he'll still dig some  girl-on-girl actions).

3. Because the shows younger viewers aren't shocked to see two women acting intimately with one another because they're used to woman being more physically familiar in society.

You see this time and time again in series like Buffy, Xena/Hercules, Babylon 5 etc SFU is the only show that realistically depicts a homosexual relationship but it's HBO. 

Edited by Joe Hellandback
  • Love 2

Scenes I'd like to see;

1.  They take Jonn to a show of War of the Worlds and he's appalled at how Martians are portrayed.   

2. Winn is head hunted (cue Jonn 'misunderstands human term' joke) by corporate America but decides to stick with the DEO. As the scout walks away he hands him a card with 'Wayne Industries' written on it and calls up 'Lucius' on his mobile phone. 

3.  Power Girl shows up and everyone is transfixed by her cleavage. Kara scolds all the male characters for their lechery but then catches Alex doing the same.

4. In order to infiltrate the villain's comedy club James and Winn perform the classic 'One leg too few' sketch (a prize for whoever can get THAT reference?). As they march the villain off to gaol Kara tells him the world already has a murderous funnyman. 

5.  A delegation of Senators is given a tour of the DEO (including Tracy Scoggins and Lyle Waggoner), Jonn explaining it was originally an offshoot of the IADC. 

6. James takes his date to the circus, commenting that the 'Flying Graysons' will be appearing.

7.  Kara goes with Winn to a strip club as part of an investigation and is appalled to find one of the strippers dressed as Supergirl (cue 'Winn may just be a regular there' joke). She later overpowers the female villain there and one of the drunks sticks a $20 in her boot and thanks her for 'The Show'. Later she and Alex are buying coffee and when the card machine is broken she produces the $20, earning her a suspicious look from Alex and a knowing smile from the barista  over the way it's folded.  

8. On a stakeout Winn and James have a discussion over who would be the fastest celebrity, finally agreeing Jerry Seinfeld would win any race (again, a prize for whoever can get reference). 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Joe Hellandback said:

Scenes I'd like to see;

2. Winn is head hunted (cue Jonn 'misunderstands human term' joke) by corporate America but decides to stick with the DEO. As the scout walks away he hands him a card with 'Wayne Industries' written on it and calls up 'Lucius' on his mobile phone. 

4. In order to infiltrate the villain's comedy club James and Winn perform the classic 'One leg too few' sketch (a prize for whoever can get THAT reference?). As they march the villain off to gaol Kara tells him the world already has a murderous funnyman. 

6. James takes his date to the circus, commenting that the 'Flying Graysons' will be appearing.

7.  Kara goes with Winn to a strip club as part of an investigation and is appalled to find one of the strippers dressed as Supergirl (cue 'Winn may just be a regular there' joke). She later overpowers the female villain there and one of the drunks sticks a $20 in her boot and thanks her for 'The Show'. Later she and Alex are buying coffee and when the card machine is broken she produces the $20, earning her a suspicious look from Alex and a knowing smile from the barista  over the way it's folded.  

8. On a stakeout Winn and James have a discussion over who would be the fastest celebrity, finally agreeing Jerry Seinfeld would win any race (again, a prize for whoever can get reference). 

You'll either have to get Winn back from the 31st Century (where he's been living and working with the Legion of Super-Heroes since he and Brainiac 5 swapped jobs and eras for Brainy's protection a year ago) or send everyone in our time, including the villains, to 3019 for the new season.

More scenes with Alex/Kara/J'onn. The return of Agent Vasquez, but also - the end of the DEO. I don't care if the department is closed or our characters just move on from it, but I'm over it. I'd like to see them take J'onn's detective agency and run with that more.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

You'll either have to get Winn back from the 31st Century (where he's been living and working with the Legion of Super-Heroes since he and Brainiac 5 swapped jobs and eras for Brainy's protection a year ago) or send everyone in our time, including the villains, to 3019 for the new season.

You can probably assume what I’m going to say, but I’ll put it under spoiler tags anyway.

Spoiler

Winn is coming back this season. I’m not sure for how many episodes, but I believe it will be after Crisis. And since James is leaving after the first half of the season, they probably won’t cross paths so all of those James/Winn suggestions are out.

Edited by BaggythePanther
To add more info