Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

SimoneS

http://www.accesshollywood.com/articles/grimm-stars-talk-monroes-uncles-visit-grimm-gala/

This might go in the media thread.  However, since it talks about things happening in upcoming eps, I thought it might be better in the spoilers thread.  This is another of those pieces with "off the cuff" interviews.  Fortunately for the show, they didn't include anything from KGC.  But, once again, Silas Weir Mitchell is incredibly articulate.  Too bad for the PR of the show that he has a mind of his own and willing to say what he thinks (not that there is anything too surprising here, but he WILL say it if it is on his mind!)

(edited)

Press Release:

"GRIMM"
"LYCANTHROPIA"

03/25/2016 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Friday) : A FORGOTTEN WESEN DISEASE PLAGUES A PROMINENT FAMILY - ANN CUSACK GUEST STARS - Following a brutal attack in the woods, Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) stumble upon a terrifying Wesen disease that may be the inspiration for the modern-day werewolf myth. Meanwhile, Adalind (Claire Coffee) is offered an uneasy alliance that may help her get back what she wants most. Elsewhere, Eve's (Bitsie Tulloch) investigation uncovers a surprising revelation. Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner also star.

So, what is it that Adalind wants most?

Option 1: To be a hexenbiest again.

Possibly. I mean, she said she doesn't want to be a hexenbiest again, but Adalind is a manipulative liar.  But, on the other hand, didn't she say that would happen on its own eventually?  (Also, CC has been posting pics shows that in episodes currently filmed and filming,

Adalind's wardrobe has gone from gray to black.

Make of that what you will)

Option 2: To be "human" again.

Again, possible.  But that would mean that they are just doing season 4 all over again with a different hexenbiest, and THAT worked so well the first time around.

Option 3: To find Diana

Probably the most likely.  I'll be honest, though, I'm over Diana.  I mean, I was never that interested in her anyway--but they've long since used up their opportunity to do anything remotely interesting with her.

Other ideas?

ETA:

Option 4: Nick's Love

Lord help me, I just can't go there with this show.  

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 3
(edited)

Press Release:

So, what is it that Adalind wants most?

Option 1: To be a hexenbiest again.

Possibly. I mean, she said she doesn't want to be a hexenbiest again, but Adalind is a manipulative liar.  But, on the other hand, didn't she say that would happen on its own eventually?  (Also, CC has been posting pics shows that in episodes currently filmed and filming,

Adalind's wardrobe has gone from gray to black.

Make of that what you will)

Option 2: To be "human" again.

Again, possible.  But that would mean that they are just doing season 4 all over again with a different hexenbiest, and THAT worked so well the first time around.

Option 3: To find Diana

Probably the most likely.  I'll be honest, though, I'm over Diana.  I mean, I was never that interested in her anyway--but they've long since used up their opportunity to do anything remotely interesting with her.

Other ideas?

ETA:

Option 4: Nick's Love

Lord help me, I just can't go there with this show.  

Maybe she really wants Meisner?

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'd be all down with that...but, honestly, I don't know why she would need "an uneasy alliance" for that.  He seems to be enthralled with her...

I guess having a front row seat to childbirth will do that to a guy....

Edited by OtterMommy

I would say a tie between #1 and #3, but it probably does not matter, because we will end up with some crap that will make our eyes roll, hard!

• Love 1

I'd be all down with that...but, honestly, I don't know why she would need "an uneasy alliance" for that.  He seems to be enthralled with her...

I guess having a front row seat to childbirth will do that to a guy....

In all honesty, that option would be the best option for the writers to choose. Which only means that they will probably go with the route of her trying to re-hexenbiest herself again.

• Love 2

In all honesty, that option would be the best option for the writers to choose. Which only means that they will probably go with the route of her trying to re-hexenbiest herself again.

My guess (and I am not excited about it) is that she becomes a hexenbiest again...and her uneasy alliance is with Renard to get Diana back.  So, you know, the same stuff they've been doing for 2 seasons now.  Sigh...

• Love 2

My guess (and I am not excited about it) is that she becomes a hexenbiest again...and her uneasy alliance is with Renard to get Diana back.  So, you know, the same stuff they've been doing for 2 seasons now.  Sigh...

Once Diana has been rescued, Adalind and Renard discover that Eric is the father and they both move on with their lives, never to interact EVER, again!  Adalind raises Diana and co-parents Kelly with Nick in two separate homes!

Once Diana has been rescued, Adalind and Renard discover that Eric is the father and they both move on with their lives, never to interact EVER, again!  Adalind raises Diana and co-parents Kelly with Nick in two separate homes!

There is a spoiler out there (put out by DG) that one of the original characters is going to die by the end of the season.  I'm really hoping its Adalind.  They've had too many chances to do something with her and they've f'ed it up every.single.time.

Of course, if that happens, we still have the Diana issue.  Sorry, DarklazrI think we have to accept that Renard is her father.  They dropped the paternity issue seasons ago--and Diana has the same glowing eyes as Elizabeth.  Anyway, I am not keen on Renard doing the single father thing (I think I could deal with Nick doing that, but not Renard).  So, I'm almost hoping that, if what I speculated comes to pass, they age up Diana and she can be the villain this show so desperately needs.

There is a spoiler out there (put out by DG) that one of the original characters is going to die by the end of the season.  I'm really hoping its Adalind.  They've had too many chances to do something with her and they've f'ed it up every.single.time.  (I don't know if I need to tag that in this thread, but better safe than sorry).

Of course, if that happens, we still have the Diana issue.  Sorry, DarklazrI think we have to accept that Renard is her father.  They dropped the paternity issue seasons ago--and Diana has the same glowing eyes as Elizabeth.  Anyway, I am not keen on Renard doing the single father thing (I think I could deal with Nick doing that, but not Renard).  So, I'm almost hoping that, if what I speculated comes to pass, they age up Diana and she can be the villain this show so desperately needs.

No!  I don't want my sexy pants Renard tied to Adalind, ever, and there is no reason Diana's glowing eyes could not have come from a dead Frau Pech and Eric IS the father!  Make it so, writers and I won't complain about the show for two weeks!

While we're at it, how about they have Nick take a test and learn that Kelly really isn't his son?  They can give Adalind her two children, and they and her Hexenbiest powers and law degree can go off to live in Paris or something, never to be heard of in Portland again.

Sigh.  I keep hoping the writers will course-correct, but they aren't.  I haven't watched the last three episodes, and I don't miss it at all.  I do miss what Grimm used to be.

• Love 2

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/grimm-episode-511-key-move-press-release.html

Aaaand, I'm done.  

I didn't even watch the promos but, from the comments, I can tell that this show has jumped the shark, the octopus, the Empire State Building, the Grand Canyon, and...whatever else.  I hope the 20 or so twitter fans were worth it to this show....

It's just a plot point to make the HEA with the special snowflake to end up not being a big deal.  

It's just a plot point to make the HEA with the special snowflake to end up not being a big deal.  

I can actually deal with the HEA (I'm not a fan of it, but I can deal).  This I can't.  This shit is just wrong.

I can actually deal with the HEA (I'm not a fan of it, but I can deal).  This I can't.  This shit is just wrong.

Nick having sex with rapist and psycho Adalind is so he can and will take Juliette back after she had his mother killed, tried to kill Monroe and burned down the Grimmabago.   See?  Nick is horny and there really is no difference between Adalind and Juliette!  I want Juliette dead, Adalind dies after she saves Nick's life, Nick raises Kelly Jr., a grownup Diana who IS Eric's daughter goes after the Royal's and Renard becomes Police Chief.

Nick having sex with rapist and psycho Adalind is so he can and will take Juliette back after she had his mother killed, tried to kill Monroe and burned down the Grimmabago.   See?  Nick is horny and there really is no difference between Adalind and Juliette!  I want Juliette dead, Adalind dies after she saves Nick's life, Nick raises Kelly Jr., a grownup Diana who IS Eric's daughter goes after the Royal's and Renard becomes Police Chief.

Replying to a nugget in here over in the Everything's Wrong thread...

just like Renard's relationship cannot remain stable, due to the principles of television writing, I don't think Adalind's relationship will remain normal either. They have also blatantly revealed that Rosalee is going to suffer some challenges with her old acquaintance from Seattle.

(edited)

The fact that Monroe said "I hope she stays that way " in the preview pretty much guarantees that she isn't going to stay the way she is now.

Edited by bluvelvet

This year's season (series?) finale should end with Nick waking up in bed and going to find his still alive mother stepping out of the shower.

"Mom, I've just had the strangest dream."

• Love 1

This year's season (series?) finale should end with Nick waking up in bed and going to find his still alive mother stepping out of the shower.

"Mom, I've just had the strangest dream."

Ewwwwwwwwww!  

Nick walks downstairs to find his mother doing abdominal crunches and says,"Mom, I've just had the strangest dream!"

• Love 1
(edited)

I read a spoiler Adalind gets her powers back in the next episode and I watched the 100th episode interviews with the cast members. Diana has been cast and she looks like and older teenager.  In that same interview Claire essentially said Adalind gets her powers back soon.

Edited by bluvelvet

Ewwwwwwwwww! 

Nick walks downstairs to find his mother doing abdominal crunches and says,"Mom, I've just had the strangest dream!"

**dies**

That would mean that everything from S2E01 onward was a dream.  That would have solved most of Grimm's problems.

• Love 1

**dies**

That would mean that everything from S2E01 onward was a dream.  That would have solved most of Grimm's problems.

Eeek!  You're absolutely right and I really miss Momma Grimm/MM with her badass self!  There would be no Diana, special snowflake and Renard obsession, no baby Kelly Jr., Eric and his father would still be alive, etc...  Make it so, writers!

Okay - don't know how much of a spoiler this is but on the way home from work I bicycled by the Boschke Boyd house (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boschke%E2%80%93Boyd_House) where they are filming today, and some people who looked like the directors or crew were standing on the sidewalk with four unidentified wesen dressed either like gangsters or serious businessmen. They wore black leather trench coats and two had military fatigue style backpacks. This was at 5:30pm so maybe they're waiting until it's dusk? The house looked like it had been set up with lights in the upper storey and I couldn't glean any of the plot. I think this neighborhod which is sort of a historic street with large square footage houses is good for depicting powerful people who are either crime victims or wesen who had successful lives until they finally run into trouble in middle-age.

Edited by ottilie
  • Love 1

This is probably more of a wishlist thing, but it involves spoilers and I don't want to have to tag my entire post over in the wishlist thread....

From the 511 thread:

I still think Meisner is actually a bad guy, doing a bigger bad guy's bidding in some sort of all-encompassing plot (and Adalind will seemingly join them, but sacrifice herself for Nick and their kid). Otherwise I can't get the secret, Meisner-led Wesen Justice League straight. Good guys don't  make their superheroes sleep in essentially prison cells with guards.

Okay, Adalind....here's my wishlist item.  I just really, really want her to get her comeuppance.  I could probably--not forgive, but turn a blind eye--to the monstrosity the season has become if they can just do that one thing.  I don't get this "flip the switch" thing they've done with her and I think it is insulting to the audience to think they'd just buy it (unfortunately, a chunk of the audience DID buy it....which I also find disturbing).  

So, we know that one of the original characters is going to die before the season is over and I'm 50% sure it will be Adalind (the other 50% is for Hank or Wu, only because the two characters are pretty much the same cog in the machine at this point).  We also know that Diana is coming back and she is aged up to at least a teenager.  I'm also fairly sure that the "uneasy" alliance Adalind makes is with Renard--CC has posted pictures of scenes that the two characters have together in places like parking garages....

What I would like to happen--but I know never will--would be for Nick to grow a pair of testicles and a functioning brain and kill Adalind himself.  My 2nd choice would be for Diana to do it.  The kid remembers Meisner delivering her for heaven's sake.  I wouldn't be surprised if she somehow knows that her mother tried to sell her and hates the woman.  I mean, she wasn't a "good" baby around Adalind--only around Kelly and, I guess, Meisner (and, ironically, Juliette).  Now, 2 years later (ha!) she's an angsty teenager with out of this world powers--who might be trained as an assassin at this point. Then, if there is a 6th season, they can HOPEFULLY make Diana the villain that Adalind never was.

Let's have the bee people (Meilfers?) show up and kill off Adalind, Juliette and Diana and call it a day!

I love to see the Meilfers (or the Bee People) again. It would be nice to see how they are doing since Nick basically allowed and/or killed their queen.

Edited by TVSpectator

Let's have the bee people (Meilfers?) show up and kill off Adalind, Juliette and Diana and call it a day!

We, the fans, remember the Mellifers. Alas, the writers don't....

I'm wondering if there was some personality switch that happened between Adslind and Juliette when they switched bodies. And when or if Adalind regains her powers, maybe she and Juliette will get their original personalities back. Then, the writers can keep their Special Snowflake around for the potential 6th season, while perhaps killing off Adalind.

Is teen Diana a reality yet? (Have they cast the part?)

• Love 1

We, the fans, remember the Mellifers. Alas, the writers don't....

I'm wondering if there was some personality switch that happened between Adslind and Juliette when they switched bodies. And when or if Adalind regains her powers, maybe she and Juliette will get their original personalities back. Then, the writers can keep their Special Snowflake around for the potential 6th season, while perhaps killing off Adalind.

Is teen Diana a reality yet? (Have they cast the part?)

Someone upthread posted that they have cast a teen for Diana.  I think they're filming 520 or 521 right now, so I'm sure she's already in it.

Yeah, what happened to the melifers?

I'm not as upset about the return of Juliette as some--I think it is a lazy development after what they did to her last season, but I find that far easier to stomach than Nadalind.  That being said, I hope that Eve/Juliette/whatever does NOT go back to her old personality.  First of all, it didn't work the first time (heh heh...or the second time, when Adalind had it!), so let's not go there again.  Secondly, it would make absolutely no sense for someone to go back to business as usual after all that Juliette/Eve has been through.  I would be fine with a "damaged" Juliette--someone who shows scars from what she's been through--but I'm pretty sure that is far too nuanced for these writers.

I also don't necessarily want to see Adalind killed off.  I mean, I'd be more than fine if that happened--unless I had to sit through broken-hearted Nick.  Puh-lease!  But, when I said I wanted to see her get her comeuppance, what I meant was that I want it recognized that she did some really horrible things to people--and not for any "good" reason (because, really, I could virtually slap the next person who comes up with the "well, they stole her baby" excuse again!).  If one character--at this point, I don't even care who--says she raped Nick (or, even just Hank...I'd take that), it would rack up some serious points to get me to tune back in.  But, this complete pass for every thing she done...to the point of Nick THANKING HER for raping him, is just abhorrent.

So, if the show wanted to grow a pair (yes, 2nd post in a row with a testicular reference!) and do the right thing..and then make Adalind a substantive villain, I'd be back as a loyal viewer....

• Love 3

From the Media Thread:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-grimm-david-giuntoli-100-episodes-20160311-htmlstory.html

Interview with DG.  A couple interesting items:
1 - He does some dodging of questions with moderate success....
2 - It sounds like it may have been decided that, if they get a season 6, that will be the end of it.
3 - He might be moving to the other side of the camera after Grimm

So, I read this again, and there is an interesting tidbit...

When asked about the Nick/Adalind/Juliette situation, he replies:

Well, they've certainly created a love triangle with the most possible drama — everything that you could possibly squeeze out of a love triangle.

Which left me scratching my head.  Exactly what love triangle is that?  "Eve" doesn't care about Nick and Adalind and has said exactly that to Trubel.  I think, if there was a love triangle, all three people would have to be involved and, so far, Eve/Juliette has taken herself out of it.

Then I wondered if this is just one big spoiler.  I mean, NBC has quit referring to Eve in the promotional photos they put out and have reverted back to calling her Juliette Silverton.  Adalind back as a hexebiest makes things unstable.  And, I keep going back to Kouf and Greenwalt saying that Nick and Juliette would ultimately get their happy ending at some point.  So, who knows.  From what Claire Coffee has been posting, it almost looks like Adalind leaves Nick in the dust for Renard...which also blows apart the love triangle idea.

If they bring back normal human Juliette and pair her up with Nick, because this might be the final season (hey they brought back the keys and the Grimm books), I'm pretty sure that will be the final nail on the coffin. Nick would have gotten together with both his rapist and his mother's murderer (being an accomplice to a murder is the same as being the murderer in my eyes). That's three character assassinations. Massive disrespect for the lead character by the writers!

Meanwhile, Bree Turner and Silas will be thanking the stars that the writers have basically ignored Rosalee and Monore ever since the season 3 finale when those characters got married. The writers obviously had no interest in writing happily married couples.

But I'll take happy couple over soap opera love triangle any day.

• Love 2

If they bring back normal human Juliette and pair her up with Nick, because this might be the final season (hey they brought back the keys and the Grimm books), I'm pretty sure that will be the final nail on the coffin. Nick would have gotten together with both his rapist and his mother's murderer (being an accomplice to a murder is the same as being the murderer in my eyes). That's three character assassinations. Massive disrespect for the lead character by the writers!

Meanwhile, Bree Turner and Silas will be thanking the stars that the writers have basically ignored Rosalee and Monore ever since the season 3 finale when those characters got married. The writers obviously had no interest in writing happily married couples.

It will be sick if he reunites with Juliette.  It's already beyond the pale that he's with Adalind who is not only a rapist, but she is the one who set everything in motion that ended up with Juliette a hexenbiest who kills Kelly.  It's all back to her.  So if the writers put them together, hell yes, they won't hesitate to put him back with Juliette.  Which will make Nick even dumber than the box of rocks he has already become.

• Love 3

From the Media Thread:

So, I read this again, and there is an interesting tidbit...

When asked about the Nick/Adalind/Juliette situation, he replies:

Which left me scratching my head.  Exactly what love triangle is that?  "Eve" doesn't care about Nick and Adalind and has said exactly that to Trubel.  I think, if there was a love triangle, all three people would have to be involved and, so far, Eve/Juliette has taken herself out of it.

Then I wondered if this is just one big spoiler.  I mean, NBC has quit referring to Eve in the promotional photos they put out and have reverted back to calling her Juliette Silverton.  Adalind back as a hexebiest makes things unstable.  And, I keep going back to Kouf and Greenwalt saying that Nick and Juliette would ultimately get their happy ending at some point.  So, who knows.  From what Claire Coffee has been posting, it almost looks like Adalind leaves Nick in the dust for Renard...which also blows apart the love triangle idea.

Which means the show must be wrapping up with s5.  I do not want my sexy pants Renard with Adalind, special snowflake or that PR chick!  Ugh.

I do agree with a comment Sasha Roiz made that Renard should be a loner and that means ditching Adalind and Eric's daughter, Diana.

No, the don't...and it is no secret.  They've said, on numerous occasions, that "happy couples don't make for good tv"...Which is true...on a certain kind of show.  Grimm is not that kind of show.  Frankly, relationship drama is nothing more than a distraction here,  The show would be far better off if the stuck to no relationships and/or happy ones and then got on with the business of fighting Wesen.

• Love 4

It will be sick if he reunites with Juliette.  It's already beyond the pale that he's with Adalind who is not only a rapist, but she is the one who set everything in motion that ended up with Juliette a hexenbiest who kills Kelly.  It's all back to her.  So if the writers put them together, hell yes, they won't hesitate to put him back with Juliette.  Which will make Nick even dumber than the box of rocks he has already become.

Honestly, I can deal with the Nick/Juliette reunion.  It's terrible story telling and they've gone so far from the core of the story that it wouldn't make any sense.  A skilled writing team could probably find a way to make it work, but this show doesn't have a skilled writing team, so it would be primo deus ex machina development.  Still, I find Nick/Juliette far less offensive than Nick and Adalind.

• Love 1

It still pisses me off what they did to Juliette and Nick in the first place.  I loved having a stable, loving, no-drama partnership in the background.  There was some conflict from Juliette being able to tell that Nick was hiding something, but the characters handled it like adults.  And then they had to screw it up with the interminable amnesia storyline, and the idiocy of how Nick lost his powers and regained them (why sex, writers?  At least the depowering of Adalind -- blood -- made sense, even if it was via a kiss), and the whole hexenbiest thing.  It all could have been handled well nonetheless: show Juliette's genuine conflict over being able to fight back v. being "normal," her frustration at how bad Wesen and in particular Adalind keep targeting her, and Nick's and her revulsion at becoming a hexenbiest specifically. Maybe add in the idea of power being corrupting if abused, or even go the insanity route. But they didn't, and instead they had the moral, calm Juliette go from zero to evil in 60 seconds.

If they do intend for Adalind to get her powers back (AGAIN) and Juliette to revert to normal and/or get back together with Nick, I don't see how they can do it credibly given the way they wrecked both Juliette's and Adalind's characters.  I think they are thinking that hexenbiest powers are inherently corrupting, and that will be the explanation for Adalind's temporary "goodness" and Nick forgiving Juliette (the powers made her do it!), but if so that is 1) LAME and 2) not nearly developed enough to make it plausible.

Ugh.  I used to LOVE this show.

• Love 6

No, the don't...and it is no secret.  They've said, on numerous occasions, that "happy couples don't make for good tv"...Which is true...on a certain kind of show.  Grimm is not that kind of show.  Frankly, relationship drama is nothing more than a distraction here,  The show would be far better off if the stuck to no relationships and/or happy ones and then got on with the business of fighting Wesen.

A character driven story with a happy couple does not equal boredom, but the writers have to be invested in their stories.

• Love 1

Nadalind heating up? Looks like my fast forward button on my TV remote is going to get a good workout in the next few weeks!

The good news is that it looks like it will heat up and then ice down...we'll see.  I'll be waiting for you all to tell me it's over so I can tune in again!

• Love 2

I agree with both posts.  The writer's have chosen to have Nick bang Adalind and it was all done to eventually make a reconciliation with the special snowflake not that big of a deal.  Hey, Juliette is working to defeat evil BC wesen by working with HW and is now a superhero fit for a Grimm!

Nick being with Adalind and Juliette is just plain old dumb, but the show will force their supposed lead hero back with his ex.  Boo!

• Love 1

Look - apparently Nick B. puts WD40 on the door in his tunnel, gets it open, and finds a deep well.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/03/grimm-episode-514-lycanthropia.html

oh - another thing in Portland. The Grimm crew is setting up to film at the same Tudor house on Thompson st by Irvington club through Friday, where they were already filming in early March (where they previously filmed mermaid swimming speed). That means this spot is coming up multiple times in the script so maybe a main character lives there.

Edited by ottilie

yeah I dunno. The short clip made it look like he was overheating, whacking at the stuck door to the tunnel.

I was thinking some more, and it occurred to me that the writers probably didn't conceive of a storyline of them finding a well attached to a tunnel leading to their dwelling. Instead, I bet that their scouting staff who find the places to film each scene happened to find this interesting factory /warehouse, and an interesting feature of it was a door leading to an underground access tunnel. They must have decided it was so cool that they wrote it into the script by having them move in their to indicate a break with the old place he lived.

In light of the latest episode and what happened to Wu, I'm going to go with two possible guesses for the character who dies:

1) Wu, shot by Nick or Hank, when he turns into a wolf / lycanthrope and tries to attack them.

2) Hank, attacked by Wu after he transforms

No matter what, they said on the episode that the full moon would last three nights: night one was the night of the car crash, night two was the night they killed the lycanthrope, and night three is the night we see Wu having nightmares, unless we are supposed to think this also happened during night 2.  So, they can potentially drag this out for a few episodes until the full moon is supposed to rise again.

Edited by WearyTraveler
  • Love 1