Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 First Looks etc.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

While this is true Hong Kong went back to China in 1999. Most of the working class in Hong Kong speak British English with a Chinese accent.

All I am saying is that if Dorit is so sensitive in picking up accents because of those she is surrounded by then her accent should be more of a hodge podge of multiple languages. Let's include the nannies and housekeepers who are not British. These are people she spends tons of time with because she is always with her children.

I do think her accent is a hodge podge though, and that's much of the reason it sounds so terrible.  (I think that's what got the ball rolling about her accent in the first place).

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Its a head scratcher for sure, which is why I have usually stayed away from the topic. Just hard to know for sure. I have been gone from Oklahoma for 20 years, and while my accent has lestened, it is still there. Everyone else in my family left it behind years ago, but I am often still asked where I am from after living in Michigan for 15 years. If I go back to OK for a weekend, I come back to Michigan and no one can understand a damn thing I am saying. It takes me months to loose the drawl. Someone I talked to years ago told me that it's not so much that some people easily pick up accents, but that some people have a hard time getting rid of them. That is what I assumed from Dorit. That she held on to accents she had from her days of traveling the globe. The thing with hearing her speak 3 years ago without any accent at all, changes my perception. If she is one that tends to hold on to her accent, she would have still had it 3 years ago. If she is one that is easily picks up and accent based on her surroundings,  she would sound more like a California gal than someone from the UK. Just doesn't make sense to me. I just think that she is someone who likes the idea of speaking with an accent. 

I think there's an element of that as well, which, when combined with her multi-cultural life experiences and multi-lingual upbringing, and a house full o' Brits and other nationalities, could result, largely unintentionally, in that hodge podge of an unfortunate and very affected-sounding accent she speaks with.  

I think she is telling the truth when she says she isn't doing it on purpose because who, in the age of PBS, would fake an accent that bad?  Occam's Razor ;)

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

What's up with Erika's facial expressions? LOL

I was terrified by that sudden close up of The Pink Pumper's glaring sticky fuschia lips. I think Jimmy Hoffa is trapped in them.

13 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

funny-gif-bunny-island-running-scary.gif

LOL, Bunny, are your compatriots fleeing the Easter Bunny Basket Butcher or did they learn the 2017 Sephora VIB* Spring Sale begins April 18th?

*VIBunny, of course!

Edited by steelcitysister
spacing
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

I was terrified by that sudden close up of The Pink Pumper's glaring sticky fuschia lips. I think Jimmy Hoffa is trapped in them.

LOL, Bunny, are your compatriots fleeing the Easter Bunny Basket Butcher or did they learn the 2017 Sephora VIB* Spring Sale begins April 18th?

*VIBunny, of course!

Is this for realz or are you trying to distract Bunny with something sparkly?

When I get there, there better not be a pot of boiling water

I forgives youze

giphy.gif

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

What's up with Erika's facial expressions? LOL

Wow!  Erika looks like one of those cheap blow up sex dolls with that face she was making! LOL One couch is laughing and joking around, having fun with each other and Andy, the other side can't get the sticks out of their behinds!

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Jel said:

It's not okay to make fun  of Erika for doing something she says she did unintentionally (underpants), but it is okay to make fun of Dorit for something she says she does unintentionally (accent)?  

Erika intentionally did not wear underpants, but it wasn't her intention to have people talk about it. Dorit loses her accent when she gets heated so it would seem that she is putting it on when she has more time to think about how she is speaking.

9 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

But, can't the same be said of Ericka? I mean, her "real" accent came out when she went to Georgia right? So, the way we hear her talking on the show could also be construed as her being a pretentious phony trying to sound posh, right? 

It's common for Southerners to lose their accent when they've not been living in the South for awhile, and then having it come raging back when they're there. Erika has a nasal voice and doesn't seem to be trying to sound "posh." 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Wow!  Erika looks like one of those cheap blow up sex dolls with that face she was making! LOL One couch is laughing and joking around, having fun with each other and Andy, the other side can't get the sticks out of their behinds!

She really does. Once again it highlights the weirdly performative way she expresses her sexuality. She always doing these things that she thinks we think are sexy, but not things she actually enjoys or make her authentically feel sexy. It's very robotic. She's not as bad as Courtney Stodden, but it's pretty sad to witness.

When you contrast Erika with the original bare snatch, Sonja Tremont Morgan of the commando Morgans, in Sonja you see a woman who is doing what she enjoys and what she actually thinks is sexy even if she looks a hot mess. Even if she's banging a pirate in the bushes.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Wow!  Erika looks like one of those cheap blow up sex dolls with that face she was making! 

So, never having a seen one (yes, I guess I'm sheltered or naive or something), I Googled "blow-up doll" -- and, while I think her reunion look last year was better than this year's, I'm not seeing any resemblence at all between those odd gaping images and Erika. MMV, clearly.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

So, never having a seen one (yes, I guess I'm sheltered or naive or something), I Googled "blow-up doll" -- and, while I think her reunion look last year was better than this year's, I'm not seeing any resemblence at all between those odd gaping images and Erika. MMV, clearly.

You did see Erika's open mouth pose when Andy was asking about their dresses? That is the look I was referring to. And, and to see the type of blow up doll I was think of, google the movie Airplane and look at that dolls face! LOL

(I have never seen 1 first hand either)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

This looks remarkably similar to Erika's "Zero Fucks" video persona:

david-lachapelle-after-pop-lil-kim-blow-

I'm not really seeing the resemblance here, either. Hope you enjoyed the video, tho.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

The daughter looked bewildered as to who is this strange women was blowing a kiss bye bye

At least she was coming back to the same home. Where is the video of Erika Jayne blowing a bye bye kiss to her 3 year old boy as she boards a plane to go live on the opposite side of the USA to find a wallet pursue her dreams? Where is the video of that poor little boy asking daddy "where is my Mommy?"

So sad.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

I'm not really seeing the resemblance here, either. Hope you enjoyed the video, tho.

Yeah it was a real stretch comparing the two:  Erika-Girardi-How-Many-Fks-1-600x400.pngNo need to watch the video.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She really does. Once again it highlights the weirdly performative way she expresses her sexuality. She always doing these things that she thinks we think are sexy, but not things she actually enjoys or make her authentically feel sexy. It's very robotic. She's not as bad as Courtney Stodden, but it's pretty sad to witness.

When you contrast Erika with the original bare snatch, Sonja Tremont Morgan of the commando Morgans, in Sonja you see a woman who is doing what she enjoys and what she actually thinks is sexy even if she looks a hot mess. Even if she's banging a pirate in the bushes.

Don't give away my hiding spot

giphy.gif

• Love 3

A sneak peek at Kim and Rinna from next week. I found myself cracking up mostly at Kyle's reaction...ok, maybe cracking up isn't the word. But I did find her interesting to watch, even if she doesn't say anything.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Looks more like Vanessa Williams, the ex-Miss America in a bad wig, than EJ, if you want the truth.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

A sneak peek at Kim and Rinna from next week. I found myself cracking up mostly at Kyle's reaction...ok, maybe cracking up isn't the word. But I did find her interesting to watch, even if she doesn't say anything.

yes, Kyle has interesting facial expressions! love it

Rinna crying over that is stupid (imo).

• Love 7
On 4/11/2017 at 5:52 PM, steelcitysister said:

There is and s/He thinks Flashgate has gone on far too long, as well. ;-D

fixed it for you, just in case, but totally agree otherwise!

On 4/11/2017 at 0:27 PM, AndySmith said:

I didn't respond to any clip you posted. I don't even know what clip you are talking about or referring to. In any case, LVP would make it a co-star, not co-stars.

Again, for whatever reason, I don't really see the difficulty in distinguishing between Ericka and her stage persona. Also, if one keeps referring to them as "The Erickas", doesn't that mean that they are also seen as two separate people, instead of one person that is indistinguishable?

BWHAHAHAHA seriously!

Edited by sarivon
LOLing
  • Love 1

My God, that clip! Welp, for me, it's official -- the RHoBH Reunion Show has jumped the shark. The shocked looks! The soap opera close ups! The single tear / close up for Rinna. And Andy, quietly saying he wanted to hear from Rinna.  Like it's important that despite our collective pain over it, we get to the bottom of bunnygate.  Andy will muddle through the horror and anguish of it because, integrity.

Ridic.

I agree with Eileen -- she should have mailed it back.  

• Love 4

I'm just wondering, if any of the women noticed the bunny behind the couch when they entered the room...depending on where they entered...or did Kim bring it with her when she joined them? That seems like a large, loud gift to surprise the other women with...

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Loved Rinna, of all people, saying she "Doesn't have to explain herself" at the end! LOL

• Love 6

Lisa gave it to her on camera - why shouldn't Kim return it to her the same way?

I was pleasantly surprised that the bunny was returned intact and not fed to Kingsley first. 

Edited by LizDC
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, Jel said:

My God, that clip! Welp, for me, it's official -- the RHoBH Reunion Show has jumped the shark. The shocked looks! The soap opera close ups! The single tear / close up for Rinna. And Andy, quietly saying he wanted to hear from Rinna.  Like it's important that despite our collective pain over it, we get to the bottom of bunnygate.  Andy will muddle through the horror and anguish of it because, integrity.

Ridic.

If Eileen were running the show we would have about a three episode season. :-)  Between her writing notes to people and tearing them up, and returning  unsolicited gifts by mail, it would make for a short season.  Why would any random viewer care about what happened with the bunny?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I'm just wondering, if any of the women noticed the bunny behind the couch when they entered the room...depending on where they entered...or did Kim bring it with her when she joined them? That seems like a large, loud gift to surprise the other women with...

I'm thinking the bunny was placed there while they were in their dressing rooms and/or bathrooms getting "touched" up. So they didn't see it.

Now if it made any noise - the cellophane crinkling and rustling the HWs probably thought Eden was settling into her topiary.

Notice how no one is giving the time of day to Eden? Hey Eden you and your quartz, GTHO (get the heeallling out)

When Kim said she was healed...I thought of the guy that said he's been delivert

As a bunny I will take Rinna's house over Kim's. At Rinna's, Lorena will take care of me...at Kim's I will either be mauled by Kingsley or all of the stuffing with be removed from my torso when Kim is hunting for her stash

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, sarivon said:

Looks more like Vanessa Williams, the ex-Miss America in a bad wig, than EJ, if you want the truth.

Initially, that's who I thought it was when zoeysmom posted the image. Too funny.

• Love 2

I am curious when has Vanessa Williams ever had a photo with blonde pigtails and her mouth or legs wide open.  Yeah I have seen the Penthouse photos.  I think there is a little bit of lack of connection going on.  Granted Vanessa Williams is stunning in the looks department.

Erika Jayne on the other hand -prides herself on such poses.   9007925_rhobhs-erika-jayne-looks-slammin

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Kyle's face was interesting..,,she wouldn't even look up when Kim started reaching for it...do you think she knew?

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Kyle's face was interesting..,,she wouldn't even look up when Kim started reaching for it...do you think she knew?

I have no idea if she knew or not but it looked like she did not want to be there.....maybe this was the bizarre moment she referred to however I would find Rinna crying about it to be even more bizarre.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am curious when has Vanessa Williams ever had a photo with blonde pigtails and her mouth or legs wide open.  Yeah I have seen the Penthouse photos.  I think there is a little bit of lack of connection going on.  Granted Vanessa Williams is stunning in the looks department.

Erika Jayne on the other hand -prides herself on such poses.   9007925_rhobhs-erika-jayne-looks-slammin

If she is going to do that pose then she should (imo) at least angle her left knee slightly toward the camera so that her thigh is not the focal point (maybe not "focal point"...not sure the words to use). I'm not saying should should spread her legs (lol) and I'm not saying her thigh is fat....it just looks larger and should be angled away from the camera. I'm sure this comes across as fat shaming which is not my intent (she isn't fat). I'm trying to talk about how to look better in a photo, lol, based on my extensive experience from watching America's Next Top Model (LOL).

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I am curious when has Vanessa Williams ever had a photo with blonde pigtails

No idea. Speaking for myself, I see a resemblance in the face and eyes. 

and her mouth or legs wide open.  Yeah I have seen the Penthouse photos.

So ... eh wot? 

I think there is a little bit of lack of connection going on.

Well, not for those of us who see a resemblance. For those of us that, you know, see a resemblance, I think there is no lack of connection.

IMO, MMV

• Love 7

I have no idea if she knew or not but it looked like she did not want to be there.....maybe this was the bizarre moment she referred to however I would find Rinna crying about it to be even more bizarre.

She just looked so...uncomfortable, for lack of a better word. Then again, she knows that Kim and Rinna are going to have it out at the reunion, and much of it is going to be awkward, and at the same time, she might be kind of over it, but is stuck there on that couch and has to deal it with it...

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 6
On 4/12/2017 at 10:36 AM, Jel said:

who, in the age of PBS, would fake an accent that bad? 

Madonna? I keed, I keed (kind of)!!!

Edited by steelcitysister
well why not!?!
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm thinking the bunny was placed there while they were in their dressing rooms and/or bathrooms getting "touched" up. So they didn't see it.

Now if it made any noise - the cellophane crinkling and rustling the HWs probably thought Eden was settling into her topiary.

Notice how no one is giving the time of day to Eden? Hey Eden you and your quartz, GTHO (get the heeallling out)

When Kim said she was healed...I thought of the guy that said he's been delivert

As a bunny I will take Rinna's house over Kim's. At Rinna's, Lorena will take care of me...at Kim's I will either be mauled by Kingsley or all of the stuffing with be removed from my torso when Kim is hunting for her stash

Hold on now.  I've seen Rinna repeatedly with a big ole bag of pills.  What if she were to lose the bag?   Lorena might store the bunny nect to the flour in tbe garage. 

Lola appears to be a lovely dog. 

But I've never seen her around a stuffed bunny.  One death shake and bunny parts everywhere. If only all bunnies knew kung-fu. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Hold on now.  I've seen Rinna repeatedly with a big ole bag of pills.  What if she were to lose the bag?   Lorena might store the bunny nect to the flour in tbe garage. 

Lola appears to be a lovely dog. 

But I've never seen her around a stuffed bunny.  One death shake and bunny parts everywhere. If only all bunnies knew kung-fu. 

I'd still feel safer over at Rinna's house.

Maybe I could try some Xanax - never had one

If a bunny gotta leave this earth paws up...I rather it be by Lola then Kingsley.

• Love 2

I've been prescribed xanax.  I liked it.  It was very calming during a particularly anxious time in my life.

Pros.  It took the edge off the anxiety.   Cons. Everything was mid level emotions.  

A bunny could survive here at Casa de Doso.  But not a squirrel.  Squirrels are evil.  Rats with fluffy tails. 

At least that's what Doso tells me.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 2
On 4/12/2017 at 10:53 PM, zoeysmom said:

9 hours ago, sarivon said:

Besides race, said picture does not resemble Vanessa Williams. It's actually Lil' Kim in a photograph by David LaChapelle titled Blow Up Doll. The overdone makeup and open mouth are fairly typical of the inflatable (blow up) sex doll variety. LaChapelle is known for his pop hyper-real subversive style.

Considering that Mikey directed the video, I'm almost positive that he is referencing this particular LaChapelle photograph. LaChapelle directed Rize, a documentary about krumping and clown dancing. Following the release of the documentary, many of the dancers featured in the film wound up dancing on the tours of many pop music acts. If Mikey wasn't working with these dancers, I'm sure he'd seen them perform and I'm sure he's seen the documentary. Rize is fucking gorgeous.

Mikey has a thimble of the cultural references that LaChapelle does, which is why Mikey's work on Erika's videos often resembles LaChapelle and other more notable artists and looks like a copy of a copy. And it's not like I think LaChapelle some super great intellect.

And because it's Thursday and the krumping battles reminded me of the voguing battles from Paris is Burning, here's a throwback:

I love everyone's faces when Kim gives the bunny back. They are just a collection of expressions that show just how weird and awkward that was. Rinna's tears...I just can't with that woman.

• Love 7

As for Erika's sartorial choices, just because you CAN wear something, doesn't mean you SHOULD wear it. Erika has a beautiful shape, one that I would love to have as well. Despite the fabulous shape, she should dress appropriately for the occasion(s). Wearing something in public that barely covers your rear end is inappropriate. In private? Go for it! In her "profession"? Go for it! If she is going to wear something super short to an event, AND announce she is without underpants, she is setting herself up for comments. If she can do what she wants, why can't others do what they want and discuss "pantygate" in the privacy of their own homes, albeit with cameras rolling. Saying that PK and Dorit, or anyone else, was wrong for discussing it among themselves is a double standard; Erika is allowed total freedom, but no one else is. Erika is the personification of, "she can dish it out, but she can't take it."

As for inferences PK has made? Puullease! ALL these women are the queens of inferences. They are ALL guilty of it, and cannot cast stones. If anything, PK came right out and stated his opinion. 

Edited by Snappy
  • Love 14
18 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I do notice Kyle knew that bunny was coming out...she doesn't look to see what Kim is turning around to grab at the get go. I can't figure out if she is trying to hold back a giggle or what ....but it did turn uncomfortable for Kyle pretty quickly. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Besides race, said picture does not resemble Vanessa Williams. It's actually Lil' Kim in a photograph by David LaChapelle titled Blow Up Doll. The overdone makeup and open mouth are fairly typical of the inflatable (blow up) sex doll variety. LaChapelle is known for his pop hyper-real subversive style.

Considering that Mikey directed the video, I'm almost positive that he is referencing this particular LaChapelle photograph. LaChapelle directed Rize, a documentary about krumping and clown dancing. Following the release of the documentary, many of the dancers featured in the film wound up dancing on the tours of many pop music acts. If Mikey wasn't working with these dancers, I'm sure he'd seen them perform and I'm sure he's seen the documentary. Rize is fucking gorgeous.

Mikey has a thimble of the cultural references that LaChapelle does, which is why Mikey's work on Erika's videos often resembles LaChapelle and other more notable artists and looks like a copy of a copy. And it's not like I think LaChapelle some super great intellect.

And because it's Thursday and the krumping battles reminded me of the voguing battles from Paris is Burning, here's a throwback:

I love everyone's faces when Kim gives the bunny back. They are just a collection of expressions that show just how weird and awkward that was. Rinna's tears...I just can't with that woman.

I will agree with Rinna's tear...she would have been better off just saying "This says more about you, Kim than it does about me" and moved on. However, I will give her the benefit of doubt that the tear may have been caused more by the fact that her friend Kyle def knew that bunny was going to make an appearance. She clearly doesn't look to see what Kim is grabbing for and puts her head down trying not to smile. Uncomfortable smile? (maybe)

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 4

Maybe in Rinna's mind, giving a new baby gift,  is a huge gesture of kindness?  To me, it's more of the level of bringing a gift to a hostess at a dinner you're invited to, but perhaps to Rinna, it was a genuine peace offering, and that's why she was hurt by it.  Kim returning it was as dumb as returning a bottle of wine to a rude guest. Just do what everyone else does, Kim -- give it away or throw it out. 

But having said that, the whole thing looked inauthentic to me.  If Rinna really did intend it as a peace offering, she's got a lot to learn about people if she thinks that something as banal as a baby gift is going to make any kind of actual impact, given her threatening texts, over-the-table throat-lunging and on-going snooping. Overall, it seemed like it was a gesture designed to benefit Rinna, The Hustler, to rehabilitate her image, and make her more likable to viewers, with the single tear close up for emphasis.

That's my impression from the clip anyway. Maybe there will be more on the full show. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, dosodog said:

I've been prescribed xanax.  I liked it.  It was very calming during a particularly anxious time in my life.

Pros.  It took the edge off the anxiety.   Cons. Everything was mid level emotions.  

A bunny could survive here at Casa de Doso.  But not a squirrel.  Squirrels are evil.  Rats with fluffy tails

At least that's what Doso tells me.

I'm very sensitive to pills. Once when I had my period, my friend gave me 1/2 a valium. I passed out for 12 hours straight. I think I'd take a xanax for a trip to Hong Kong or Australia - wake me when we land.

Packing now for Casa de Doso. No need to coddle me I can entertain myself

1369328922_bunny_does_a_forward_roll.gif

Pigeons are rats with wings...evil beady eyed monsters

LVP - Rinna she's still saying there's hope for a future between the 2 of you.

Eileen - What do you think returning the bunny at the reunion means? Return it in the mail.

Eileen may have saved her spot for next season.

• Love 7

Given how uncomfortable watching the preview was, I can only imagine how uncomfortable it was for those actually present. Since Kim and Rinna are both wackadoodle, drama queens, I hate the idea of defending either of them, but I did feel bad for Rinna. That was totally done as an "in your face", retribution for all the things Rinna has said about Kim behind her back. It was classless. As for Rinna, the bunny was but a weak attempt at making up for all the trash talk, and everyone, viewers included saw it for what it was. These two women need to stay far, far away from each other, or just not talk to each other. As for Andy, he isn't exactly a paragon of classy behavior since he probably knew what was going to happen. Anything for ratings. 

• Love 5