Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 First Looks etc.

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I am not sure that the other HW's have as much interest in this topic as do some viewers.

All of these gals have things that they would rather not have addressed on the show. Events that happened to them long before they came on the show that they would rather not make fodder for discussion and analysis on the show. Probably things that involve other people that are not on the show and I would think that keeping the privacy of folks that want their privacy would be important. Every single person in the world could say the exact same thing about things in their past. My guess is that Erika might open up about this at some point, and then again maybe she will not. As far as I am aware, we have knowledge of her situation because she has spoken about it in the press. Maybe she will open up about it more later on. I would think that the others are more than OK with her having things from her past that she doesn't bring to the show because they would like the same consideration. 

Exactly they all have issues be it litigation, an off hand comment, tax liens they don't want to discuss and it in this particular world the RH live in it makes the person who raises the issue look like an ass and a buttinski.

45 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't know if Kyle loves Rinna doing it, but I do think there is a part that exhales a bit when Kim is shown to be an asshole. She gets a look on her face sometimes when Kim is being outrageous. She rolled her eyes twice that I noticed when Kim was being overly dramatic and gave Andy a knowing look. I think that when Kim acts this way, Kyle is saying "see what crazy shit I have had to put up with for years. Understand now why I outed her in the back of the limo now people"? 

Rinna was so on the verge of saying something at the reunion. When Kyle was defending Kim, Rinna said, something like "Kyle you know what I am talking about". I really think she wanted to say so much more, more about conversations they have had and things they have shared. About Kyle admitting that she understood where Rinna was coming from. 

I don't know that Kyle ever wants to relive the limo scene.  I never had a problem with Kyle's behavior.  The fact others keep bringing it up to show that Kim is an ass and Kyle has her limits I find troubling.   We got to see what led up to the blow out and it was a bit different than what originally aired. 

My problem with Rinna being on the verge of saying something, and I will use Eileen as an example, Rinna blathers and short of an out and out scorched earth war with her, it is better to let her pontificate.  I don't believe for one minute  Eileen was comfortable or felt good about Rinna saying Yolanda was the most manipulative person there is.  So Rinna making a statement about Kyle knowing what she is talking about is meaningless.  Listening to someone bloviate is different than agreeing.  Rinna had a long diatribe on the way home from Poker Night, Kyle said nothing. 

Again Rinna has the hatred of the entire Kathy Hilton family times ten, Kim and her family detest Rinna and the fact Kyle just rolls doesn't mean she agrees with Rinna.  Just as Kyle doesn't agree with Rinna and the cocaine allegations.  One only has to enter an objection once.  Talking over, swearing, telling people to shut up doesn't mean you win your point.  It just means for the most part you are an ass.  Kyle was not agreeing with much of what Rinna was saying.  When there were tawdry outbursts Kyle and LVP had definitive disapproving looks.  I would never assume LVP or Kyle agreed with Rinna or Erika or Eileen when they were taking their jabs just because they didn't act similarly. 

I tend to give Kyle a lot of passes for her behavior, so there is that.  I have always liked her and she is far from sainthood. I don't think she is perfect but I do think she wants to keep the character assassination to a minimum.  I didn't agree with Kim and Kyle that Eden was equally as guilty as Rinna for sharing the Rinna comments.  I thought it was on Rinna alone, she said it on camera.  Eden acting on it at lunch with Kyle was on Eden.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Exactly they all have issues be it litigation, an off hand comment, tax liens they don't want to discuss and it in this particular world the RH live in it makes the person who raises the issue look like an ass and a buttinski.

I don't know that Kyle ever wants to relive the limo scene.  I never had a problem with Kyle's behavior.  The fact others keep bringing it up to show that Kim is an ass and Kyle has her limits I find troubling.   We got to see what led up to the blow out and it was a bit different than what originally aired. 

My problem with Rinna being on the verge of saying something, and I will use Eileen as an example, Rinna blathers and short of an out and out scorched earth war with her, it is better to let her pontificate.  I don't believe for one minute  Eileen was comfortable or felt good about Rinna saying Yolanda was the most manipulative person there is.  So Rinna making a statement about Kyle knowing what she is talking about is meaningless.  Listening to someone bloviate is different than agreeing.  Rinna had a long diatribe on the way home from Poker Night, Kyle said nothing. 

Again Rinna has the hatred of the entire Kathy Hilton family times ten, Kim and her family detest Rinna and the fact Kyle just rolls doesn't mean she agrees with Rinna.  Just as Kyle doesn't agree with Rinna and the cocaine allegations.  One only has to enter an objection once.  Talking over, swearing, telling people to shut up doesn't mean you win your point.  It just means for the most part you are an ass.  Kyle was not agreeing with much of what Rinna was saying.  When there were tawdry outbursts Kyle and LVP had definitive disapproving looks.  I would never assume LVP or Kyle agreed with Rinna or Erika or Eileen when they were taking their jabs just because they didn't act similarly. 

I tend to give Kyle a lot of passes for her behavior, so there is that.  I have always liked her and she is far from sainthood. I don't think she is perfect but I do think she wants to keep the character assassination to a minimum.  I didn't agree with Kim and Kyle that Eden was equally as guilty as Rinna for sharing the Rinna comments.  I thought it was on Rinna alone, she said it on camera.  Eden acting on it at lunch with Kyle was on Eden.  

I don't believe that Kyle agreed with Rinna saying what she did. She would have preferred her to have kept her mouth shut. But I do believe that she agreed with what Rinna was saying (well, except the enabling part). She has said pretty much the same things, and has felt the same desire to lash out, so she totally gets where Rinna is coming from. If she didn't she would never speak to her again. She would give her the Brandi treatment. Or the Carlton treatment. Kyle is really good at going along to get along for the show. She forgives and moves on better than anyone on the show, and when she moves on she means it and doesn't hold a grudge or badmouth the gal endlessly in her TH interviews. But when she has had it with you, she has had it with you. She hasn't had it with Rinna, although no doubt the friendship has been damaged. I don't think damaged beyond rapair, however. And Kyle doesn't give two shits about how the Hilton's feel about Rinna. Again, Kyle herself has felt the anger of these people and knows how easy it is to get on the wrong side of them. To the point you might not get invited to major family events. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't believe that Kyle agreed with Rinna saying what she did. She would have preferred her to have kept her mouth shut. But I do believe that she agreed with what Rinna was saying (well, except the enabling part). She has said pretty much the same things, and has felt the same desire to lash out, so she totally gets where Rinna is coming from. If she didn't she would never speak to her again. She would give her the Brandi treatment. Or the Carlton treatment. Kyle is really good at going along to get along for the show. She forgives and moves on better than anyone on the show, and when she moves on she means it and doesn't hold a grudge or badmouth the gal endlessly in her TH interviews. But when she has had it with you, she has had it with you. She hasn't had it with Rinna, although no doubt the friendship has been damaged. I don't think damaged beyond rapair, however. And Kyle doesn't give two shits about how the Hilton's feel about Rinna. Again, Kyle herself has felt the anger of these people and knows how easy it is to get on the wrong side of them. To the point you might not get invited to major family events. 

Kyle cares what her sisters think.  Ever notice how after Brandi going scorched earth on Kyle she has backed down?  Kathy Hilton said a lot about Rinna during the Kim assaults.  I also think that Rinna cares very much about what Kris Jenner and her BFF Faye Resnick think of her.  Jenner hasn't made her way by taking others down.  Rinna burned her Yolanda connection, I don't think she wants to burn her Jenner connection as she is truly BFF's with Kathy Hilton.  Bringing up the cocaine, really dumb on Rinna's part. 

Kyle is trying to move to a different place.  She wants to be known for being a producer-I listened to her on an ER Facebook Q&A today. (The link is on her twitter). Part of being a producer is getting along with the crew and actors.  Kyle knows Rinna has a place for as long as she wants.  Listening to Kyle talk with Heather McDonald about Rinna's contradictory statements was telling.  (Rinna told Kyle RHOBH was the hardest job she has ever had, on air Rinna told Heather McDonald it was the easiest.  Kyle and McDonald went back and forth.)  Kyle won as McDonald wants an invite to Kyle's next big White Party.

As to Carlton and Brandi, they were new to her, she has known Rinna for years and Rinna certainly milked her relationships with Kyle and LVP to get cast on the show.  Given Kyle's nature I think Rinna has about one more chance with Kyle when it comes to Kim.  Rinna was doing a fair amount of groveling at the end of the Reunion.

Just a side note, the first year Rinna was on she got a ton of hosting and guest spots on ET and E.  No longer.  Kyle is always being interviewed and hosting these various gigs.  It is so much easier to be the kindly one than the villain.  She went on a press junket in Europe for the show.  Even Harry Hamlin can't get Rinna back in those slots.  It was a bad move on Rinna's part.

55 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Exactly they all have issues be it litigation, an off hand comment, tax liens they don't want to discuss 

O, sure lots of issues. In addition to those tax liens that always get trotted out there are mothers who used their daughters as money-making machines and ignored the onset of possible psychological probs as long as the earnings kept rolling in, musically inclined sons with drug issues except insofar it could be carefully crafted storyline fodder, massive fraud schemes that caused enormous financial loss and hardship -- yep, lots of issues.

in this particular world the RH live in it makes the person who raises the issue look like an ass and a buttinski.

Indeed, like in that S1 limo scene. Kyle def looked like an ass in that moment -- one who relished the moment of reveal due to years of repressed resentment and hostility.

I don't know that Kyle ever wants to relive the limo scene.  

Can you blame her? She looked like an ass in that moment -- one who relished the moment of reveal due to years of repressed resentment and hostility.

Again Rinna has the hatred of the entire Kathy Hilton family times ten

Gotta say, the thought of Kathy Hilton's ire, and that of her vapid spawn, probably isn't keeping Lisar up at night. But, as always, MMV.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

She brought up Eileen's "affair" even after Eileen sat on the reunion stage and said that taking about it on the show had caused her and her kids great pain. She certainly knew that talking about the Mauricio cheating rumors would cause great pain to Kyle, and therefore to her family. Just because someone doesn't directly bring up the children or parenting style doesn't mean they aren't "going there". It is easy to believe that Rinna might, but we know that LVP has. In the case of one it is just a guess, in the case of the other it is a fact. 

I am not saying that it's not fair game. They can bring up what they want. I am saying that the gals might be unhappy if they did, which I don't think most of them want because they have things of their own they want to remain private or have control of the narrative. LVP has mentioned some of the issues that Max went through, at her own pace and in her own way. Trying to protect him I am sure. I think it would be shitty if someone else brought up any of these things in a way that would taint the way she has tried to carefully handle the situation. Certainly they can all do it if they want because she introduced the topic, but I don't think that makes it right and I don't think it would make LVP happy. And if it makes LVP unhappy, it will make her fans unhappy and the gal that did the deed would face the backlash. 

That is not talking about Eileen's son or her/Vince's parenting skills and she did not talk about Kyle's/Mauricio's parenting skills. Erika retweeted something very judgmental and nasty about Dort's parenting skills. Apple and Spaceships comparison IMO. Why is it that some here think that only Lisa has blind loyal fans?

Rinna has already shown us that all's fair game, she will use this against Erika if Erika goes against her.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Rinna has already shown us that all's fair game, she will use this against Erika if Erika goes against her.

Then next season will be riveting. 

• Love 5
Just now, steelcitysister said:

Then next season will be riveting. 

It might be but I really don't see Rinna going after Erika in the near future, she needs her too much, especially if Eileen leaves the show or is made a FOH next season. And, I don't ever see Eileen/Erika having a falling out on the show but I have been wrong about what will happen the following season before! LOL

15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

That is not talking about Eileen's son or her/Vince's parenting skills and she did not talk about Kyle's/Mauricio's parenting skills. Erika retweeted something very judgmental and nasty about Dort's parenting skills. Apple and Spaceships comparison IMO. Why is it that some here think that only Lisa has blind loyal fans?

Again, if Erika's paerenting abilities come up on the show, as Dorit's did when she had the nanny attend speech therapy or basically appear to be in charge of raising the children, then it is fair enough for the others to weigh in on the topic.  I would have zero problem with it. I might not agree with their opinion, but have zero problem with them having one. This is my simple rule: if I am judgemental enough to get on a forum and announce views on people I don't know, I think that the people who do know them have the same right.  I might think their assertion is dead wrong, as I do with some of the assertions that my fellow commentators make, but since I am making judgments of my own, it would be really hypocritical of me to expect the HW's who work with them to not have an opinion about things that HW's themselves introduce on the show. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Again, if Erika's paerenting abilities come up on the show, as Dorit's did when she had the nanny attend speech therapy or basically appear to be in charge of raising the children, then it is fair enough for the others to weigh in on the topic.  I would have zero problem with it. I might not agree with their opinion, but have zero problem with them having one. This is my simple rule: if I am judgemental enough to get on a forum and announce views on people I don't know, I think that the people who do know them have the same right.  I might think their assertion is dead wrong, as I do with some of the assertions that my fellow commentators make, but since I am making judgments of my own, it would be really hypocritical of me to expect the HW's who work with them to not have an opinion about things that HW's themselves introduce on the show. 

FWIW, Erika did bring up her parenting when she talked about how hard it was to be a single mom raising her son. I am sure the entire cast knows that Erika left him behind when she moved to LA and so far, no one has said anything to her about it and I don't think they will. That is unless Erika and Rinna have a falling out because Rinna has no problem going that low. Rinna is THE wild card on this show now, she is quickly eclipsing Brandi with the low blows and the outrageous accusations. I also think (hope) that Erika is smart enough to already knows this about Rinna.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

FWIW, Erika did bring up her parenting when she talked about how hard it was to be a single mom raising her son. I am sure the entire cast knows that Erika left him behind when she moved to LA and so far, no one has said anything to her about it and I don't think they will. That is unless Erika and Rinna have a falling out because Rinna has no problem going that low. Rinna is THE wild card on this show now, she is quickly eclipsing Brandi with the low blows and the outrageous accusations. I also think (hope) that Erika is smart enough to already knows this about Rinna.

I agree with Steelcitysister. If you want for someone to bring it up so that it can be addressed and gotten to the bottom of, encourage the HW's to do it. And don't sell LVP short. She loves to make her fans happy, and if you phrase it in a way that she can understand - point out that it is the "elephant in the room", she just may make it happen, and then we can all better understand a decision that Erika made over 20 some years ago. I am sure many would sleep better if they could just understand. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I am not sure that the other HW's have as much interest in this topic as do some viewers.

Unlike some viewers, I have a feeling the other HWs have zero interest in this topic.

Gotta say, the thought of Kathy Hilton's ire, and that of her vapid spawn, probably isn't keeping Lisar up at night. But, as always, MMV.

What are they going to do, ban her from staying at Hilton hotels? Good luck with that lol

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 7
(edited)

Next season on the Real Housewives of BH

Camera pans to Kasa Kemsley

PK has expanded his enterprise and has acquired Fabio to add to his talent roster. Fabio would like to make a comeback and Dorit wants to jump start her move to stardom.

Their first order is a commercial that will be aired during the late night Infomercials – nothing too lowbrow for Dorit.

giphy.gif

I can’t believe she’s not Bri Ish

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 6
On 5/3/2017 at 3:41 PM, WireWrap said:

But, he is still on the show, so anything involving him should be considered fair game. Either the rules apply to all of the cast members or they don't apply to any of them. Would it have been fair for Dorit to bring up the fact that Erika basically abandoned her only child to move to the west coast to end up working as a waitress (something she could have done in NY/NJ just as easily) because Erika cosigned a nasty tweet condemning Dorit's mothering skills because she has nannies helping her with her kids? Again, these rules are either applied to all of them or none of them.

Only if it's your opinion that Tom is a cast member. it is my opinion that he isn't. It's also not my opinion that she "abandoned" her kid.

On 5/3/2017 at 3:44 PM, zoeysmom said:

It isn't about degrees of relevance to the show, it is about how or why would one bring it up?  It goes more to the person raising the question's integrity than the person involved in the issue.  When Yolanda's daughter got a DUI, no one asked her about it-she brought it up-except Brandi and that comment reflected very poorly on Brandi.  I could understand if they were sitting around talking about who is getting sued asking about Kim and Kyle getting sued but just to throw it out there-too RInnaesque.  I understand what people are saying, I just don't think there is a way to work it in to the conversation.  It is pending litigation, the only response would be she (they) were advised to not talk about it.  Of course next year if Rinna and Erika sit down to coffee with the woman who was attacked it would be relevant.  Just as they used Eden to make Kim's alcoholism relevant and talked about way too much.

This is just my opinion but when they start taking random accusations by outsiders to the show it degrades the quality.  RHOA had a situation with a disgruntled former employee and the employee enlisted the help of another RH and it was just tawdry.  More so for the RH that allowed the situation to be discussed and assisted than the RH who allegedly didn't properly compensate the employee.  Another example Kim's son lives with Kyle, yet no one has brought it up.  My guess is because it really isn't any of their business and asking about it says more about them than it does Kim, Kyle or Chad.  If I were to wager a guess as to why, it is because Chad suffers from mental illness and it doesn't work with Chad living with Kim.  So that leaves the question, why doesn't he live with Kim?  What mental illness does he have? Is he getting treatment? Does it affect  any of the other RH? No.  Does asking about serve any purpose other than to open up questions about the Chad's mental health?  No. 

yolanda's kid getting a DUI is ancient history and it's been brought up a whole lot more on PTV than anywhere else. But still ancient history. Kim and her actions and her alcoholism aren't ancient history. 

• Love 5

Ok guys, please remember not to snark each other. Also? Not for nothing but this season is over so all this "first looks" stuff should probably be in a bunch of different threads. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, sarivon said:

Only if it's your opinion that Tom is a cast member. it is my opinion that he isn't. It's also not my opinion that she "abandoned" her kid.

yolanda's kid getting a DUI is ancient history and it's been brought up a whole lot more on PTV than anywhere else. But still ancient history. Kim and her actions and her alcoholism aren't ancient history. 

Kim's actions happened six months after Bella's arrest. I guess the term ancient history is relative.  I would like to think the other women didn't bring it up because Bella was another's child and there is nothing to be gained by bringing it up.  Kim's behavior was addressed throughout the season by others (who really didn't care about Kim or Kyle)by virtue of bringing it up.  My point is lost because all I am trying to say it reflects more on the person bringing up another's misery than it does the one who engaged in the behavior if it doesn't have an direct effect on them.  So going forward when they commence filming I understand why they don't throw out things in the news about another if it does not have directly impact their life. 

Having said that a prime example is the snotty Hilton brat getting arrested this week.  I put the link on the media page.  I don't see the others bringing it up to Kyle even though his mother was quite vocal about Rinna's treatment of Kim.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, sarivon said:

And unlike Tom and Bella, Kim was a former cast member and current recurring cast member.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, BBHN said:

And unlike Tom and Bella, Kim was a former cast member and current recurring cast member.

An excellent point, BBHN ( and you as well, Sarivon, for your posts). Tom and Bella, on the show by extension -- Kim-she's-scarily-dim on the show as a cast member and remora. Not a difficult concept.

• Love 3

Anyone else read the latest info that the new BH housewife is John Cougar Mellencamps daughter? That's really scraping the bottom of the irrelevance barrel. I think John is currently living with Christie Brinkley who he dumped meg Ryan to be with. But I could be wrong. That relationship might be over by now too. I'd love to see Christy Brinkley on this show but I don't think she lives in the L.A. area. 

I hope Kim stays off this show. 

I agree on no more Kim, please!  She sucks the energy out of the room.   I would like to see an old cast member back.  It would take that for me to have enthusiasm for this season.  I don't care if I disliked them either!  Camille, Taylor, Adrian, anyone!  I have become bored with this group.  This is the only housewife show I watch, maybe they are all dull after awhile. 

Which is your favorite and one I should watch?  

3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

That relationship might be over by now too. I'd love to see Christy Brinkley on this show but I don't think she lives in the L.A. area. 

I hope Kim stays off this show. 

They broke up awhile ago and Christy lives in NY.