Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I agree, Holly doesn't seem likely to stay for five years. If she's good, she'll move up in the triangle next year and I think 3 years may be it. Or she might even leave this year. Who knows? 

yeah ...I think she's got a lot of wow factor so she may go for something with more visibility and publicity.  She's so young too so the world is literally her oyster!  Is she in college or has she not gone yet?

Well, I guess we will see what happens with Jenna and Megan ... I'm just raising an eyebrow at how it doesn't seem like K+J are taking control of the situation ... hmmm perhaps it's time for them to retire and for fiercer blood to come and whip the girls into shape!

• Love 1
Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

yeah ...I think she's got a lot of wow factor so she may go for something with more visibility and publicity.  She's so young too so the world is literally her oyster!  Is she in college or has she not gone yet?

Well, I guess we will see what happens with Jenna and Megan ... I'm just raising an eyebrow at how it doesn't seem like K+J are taking control of the situation ... hmmm perhaps it's time for them to retire and for fiercer blood to come and whip the girls into shape!

I'm pretty sure she's in school, though not sure how she does show group while in school. It doesn't seem likely that she would be able to go on a USO tour if it was weeks unless she did online classes and they had good wifi overseas.

12 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I'm pretty sure she's in school, though not sure how she does show group while in school. It doesn't seem likely that she would be able to go on a USO tour if it was weeks unless she did online classes and they had good wifi overseas.

or school is less of a priority ...

1 minute ago, tobeyoungagain said:

or school is less of a priority ...

Right. I'm curious to know, maybe she's just going part time and is only taking 3 classes a semester. I'd love to ask her, but I don't want to sound like a stalker lol

1 hour ago, MrsSophieW said:

I really do feel like Kitty is a bully! Girls are terrified of her. Ruling with fear is no way to gain respect in my opinion!

From girls I've talked to who have worked with her, they actually all love her.  Like Kelsey, who she called "stripperish", said she gets along wonderfully with Kitty. She is super harsh and blunt but she also takes the time to actually work with girls who want to improve and fix those issues.  Trust me, her style is not mine either LOL  But I honestly have not come across someone yet who didn't actually adore her and credit her with helping them improve. No doubt she'd make me cry though LOL 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, California Girl said:

In better news, this week's photo journal of NFL Cheerleaders Week 8 came out in Sports Illustrated.  The Tennessee Titans cheerleaders wore their own costumes, and they are totally fun and adorable (too many to highlight, just look for yourself).  The Titans are the best of the NFL bunch in my opinion, but so many of the Halloween costumes from all the teams were whimsical, lighthearted, and fun.  And the DCC as always look great, particularly one of everyone's favorites Danielle, and rookie Maggie.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/photo/2016/11/01/nfl-cheerleaders-week-8

I know this may belong on the rejected tread, but was that popcorn Kelly in the sexy navy girl costume?

A lot of those girls looked smoking hot in those costumes - I'm sure the male fans appreciated them dancing in those outfits, cause wow a lot of them were very revealing.   The DCC looked much classier dancing in their Halloween outfits that were still sexy, but didn't look like striper-wear.

1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

From girls I've talked to who have worked with her, they actually all love her.  Like Kelsey, who she called "stripperish", said she gets along wonderfully with Kitty. She is super harsh and blunt but she also takes the time to actually work with girls who want to improve and fix those issues.  Trust me, her style is not mine either LOL  But I honestly have not come across someone yet who didn't actually adore her and credit her with helping them improve. No doubt she'd make me cry though LOL 

I like Kitty a hell of a lot more than I like Abby Lee Miller. She actually seems helpful.

5 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I like Kitty a hell of a lot more than I like Abby Lee Miller. She actually seems helpful.

AL/Dance Moms is heavily scripted isn't it? (sorry to be OT)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

AL/Dance Moms is heavily scripted isn't it? (sorry to be OT)

Not sure. I could totally believe that though.

On the website it says she's at community college and plans to transfer to a state school. I think she plans on majoring in Marketing or Communications? That's pretty much what they all go for really. 

I've said it once, I'll say it again, kitty is the epitome of tough love. I agree that I completely adore her and she's only wants to bring out the fire in you. 

Obviously the dance world is small. I'm unsure if kitty knows Abby Lee, but I'd imagine she respects her. I remember seeing a tweet a year or two ago pitching a show with kitty, AL, and the lady from Mississippi (bring it?) and kitty said she'd be game, but that it would be "interesting" to have all of their personalities in one room. I will personally say, I don't think dance moms was initially scripted but has slowly and surely become that way. I've never been there so o can't speak for myself ;)

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Not sure. I could totally believe that though.

Ha I actually don't really care for that show (AL is WAYYYYYYYYY more annoying than K/J put together! ) Just watch it when nothing else is on! LOL

Edited by DCCFanInKy
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I'm pretty sure if she so much as even gave me a snarky side eye, I'd just dissolve into a puddle! 

• Love 2

I just can not get it up to be scandalized by consenting adults dating. Literally, being a DCC does not pay the bills -- it's just not all that important to be making major life decisions on.

But I truly also do not buy that Kelli and Judy actually care.  Hell, Paige and Danielle tag their pics all the time with stuff like #JeffsTheThirdWheel. Do people really buy that Danielle isn't hanging out with players just by association? Not dating but just socializing? 

If Jenna is truly in a relationship with a player, the truth is she isn't going to be the one who looks bad -- the organization is going to look bad calling her on it. Because no one else in the real world is going to consider it a big deal.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Kelsey-injury, Selina - personal matter.

@ShellyB, What question does your answer about Kelsey and Selina pertain to?  

Never mind @ShellyB, I now realize you were answering the question of why those two DCC did not participate in the Pink Halftime show.

Edited by California Girl

As long as Jenna or holly or any of them are consenting adults and keeping things to themselves, they are grown. I don't care if they date the whole team. Honestly, a lot of people look for that One True Love Forever, but a whole lot - especially in that 18-25 range, just want to have fun dating without a ton of pressure. My personal autonomy would be more important than a dance team, especially after five years there. Life does not end outside of Valley Ranch or the Star. If a person thinks it does, maybe he/she should reassess.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, California Girl said:

Since it is apparently acceptable to "out" the cheerleaders who are dating players, is it also acceptable to "reveal" the players who are dating the cheerleaders?  Anyone?  

Crickets, crickets.

That is what I thought.  Truth is that if we understandably want to protect the privacy of #DemBoys, then perhaps we should extend the same courtesy to #DemGirls.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Crickets, crickets.

That is what I thought.  Truth is that if we understandably want to protect the privacy of #DemBoys, then perhaps we should extend the same courtesy to #DemGirls.

huh?  maybe no one on this board knows which football player is dating which girl.  besides is it even a rule for the football players that they can't date the cheerleaders?  if it is not a rule, then they can do whatever they want

18 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

huh?  maybe no one on this board knows which football player is dating which girl.  besides is it even a rule for the football players that they can't date the cheerleaders?  if it is not a rule, then they can do whatever they want

See, this is why I don't by it's true. Because legally they could never have that rule applied to only one set of employees and different circumstances for different employees. For a huge and a valuable of a business as the Cowboys are, they would be insane to leave themselves that vulnerable.

10 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

See, this is why I don't by it's true. Because legally they could never have that rule applied to only one set of employees and different circumstances for different employees. For a huge and a valuable of a business as the Cowboys are, they would be insane to leave themselves that vulnerable.

Legally they absolutely could have two sets of rules, and they do. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I think what they are getting at is that if a man knows that the cheerleaders have rules against dating them why would that man pursue a cheerleader. So in return each girl that gets called out, the men should as well. welcome to sexism in the united states.

Legal doesn't always mean fair or moral. It just means actions are within the law.

In the long run, financially, the players - even the lowest paid rookie - brings in more revenue than the most popular cheerleader, and is more difficult to replace, so they don't have the same rules. Revenue plays in more than sexism, but I agree there is some sexism involved.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Legal doesn't always mean fair or moral. It just means actions are within the law.

In the long run, financially, the players - even the lowest paid rookie - brings in more revenue than the most popular cheerleader, and is more difficult to replace, so they don't have the same rules. Revenue plays in more than sexism, but I agree there is some sexism involved.

I get that and understand the business rationale.  My point was more that our Previously TV forum participants should  consider - going forward - whether to apply our own, more equitable, scrutiny or non-scrutiny to both parties involved.  (Though I do admittedly love getting the inside scoop from @LaurenBrook, so I am in no way criticizing her or calling her out.)

• Love 3

Sorry, I didn't see that someone asked earlier who the Cowboys players in question were.  I do not know Holly's (I've been clear and honest that I don't have details on that  and would not have spoken up about it if I hadn't also heard she wasn't going on tour because she should have been a shoo-in) but Jenna's man is/was Dak, the quarterback.  I am aware she says in her post on IG that the reason she is not going on tour is Syd's wedding and hey, by all means, I don't blame her for saying that.   it is not why she wasn't asked to go on tour though and she's fortunate no one will dispute it on the Cowboys staff (can you imagine?? "Actually, we didn't invite Jenna because she was dating a player..."  LOL LOL) 

If general consensus is that y'all don't want me to share the behind the scenes, I am 100% fine not doing so!  I am more than happy to keep it to myself :) and as always, everyone is entitled to what they want to believe is true.  I know it's a weird position to put you all in because while I trust my sources, I won't out them. :) 

And as for the discussion on whether it's a fair rule or not - I'm annoyed when people break rules but I also do think this rule could be reconsidered in the future.  I totally get WHY it's in place (frankly, I think overall it protects the girls whether they like to hear that or not) but they are adults.  In most of the business world, dating your coworkers is discouraged but rarely going to get you fired.  You have to go through proper channels but because you are adults, they trust you to be mature about it and would rather it be in the open then sneaking about.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Sorry, I didn't see that someone asked earlier who the Cowboys players in question were.  I do not know Holly's (I've been clear and honest that I don't have details on that  and would not have spoken up about it if I hadn't also heard she wasn't going on tour because she should have been a shoo-in) but Jenna's man is/was Dak, the quarterback.  I am aware she says in her post on IG that the reason she is not going on tour is Syd's wedding and hey, by all means, I don't blame her for saying that.   it is not why she wasn't asked to go on tour though and she's fortunate no one will dispute it on the Cowboys staff (can you imagine?? "Actually, we didn't invite Jenna because she was dating a player..."  LOL LOL) 

If general consensus is that y'all don't want me to share the behind the scenes, I am 100% fine not doing so!  I am more than happy to keep it to myself :) and as always, everyone is entitled to what they want to believe is true.  I know it's a weird position to put you all in because while I trust my sources, I won't out them. :) 

And as for the discussion on whether it's a fair rule or not - I'm annoyed when people break rules but I also do think this rule could be reconsidered in the future.  I totally get WHY it's in place (frankly, I think overall it protects the girls whether they like to hear that or not) but they are adults.  In most of the business world, dating your coworkers is discouraged but rarely going to get you fired.  You have to go through proper channels but because you are adults, they trust you to be mature about it and would rather it be in the open then sneaking about.  

@LaurenBrook I love your posts, so by all means please keep writing about life behind the blue star.   I just think it is only fair, as posters, to share which player is dating a cheerleader, when we post which cheerleader is dating a player.  (Or alternatively, not to post about either the cheerleader or the player.)  What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander and all that.     

I also agree with you that these antiquated, old-fashioned, anti-fraternization rules for the cheerleaders are actually meant to protect them from some "players" who might view the squad as a candy store from which to pick a favorite.  The professional athlete definitely has more power in the balance of that equation, and you can see how some women might feel pressured to accept unwanted attention.  The anti-fraternization rules give the women a solid out against such advances.  

And as for your revelation that Jenna is dating DAK(!!!!), well hot fuckin' damn (pardon my language).  No way I would give that up, and she must make some amazing pancakes :) because that young man is playing incredibly well.  They obviously bring out the best in each other, and I wish them lots and lots of happiness.

GO CUBS! 

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, California Girl said:

@LaurenBrook I love your posts, so by all means please keep writing about life behind the blue star.   I just think it is only fair, as posters, to share which player is dating a cheerleader, when we post which cheerleader is dating a player.  What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander and all that.     

I also agree with you that these antiquated, old-fashioned, anti-fraternization rules for the cheerleaders are actually meant to protect them from some "players" who might view the squad as a candy store from which to pick a favorite.  The professional athlete definitely has more power in the balance of that equation, and you can see how some women might feel pressured to accept unwanted attention.

And as for your revelation that Jenna is dating DAK(!!!!), well hot fuckin' damn (pardon my language).  No way I would give that up, and she must make some amazing pancakes :) because that young man is playing incredibly well.  They obviously bring out the best in each other, and I wish them lots and lots of happiness.

GO CUBS! 

haha you crack me up!! but yes, I agree...if she's truly still with him or wants to be in the future and plans to retire after this year, DO NOT BLAME HER.  Not sure how old he is but I don't think Paige's guy is real old and he seems very mature and not a playboy party type so Dak could be mature and chill too. I honestly had to look him up when I heard the name because I don't actually follow Cowboys football LOL 

• Love 2

I wonder if his girlfriend knows this...

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sydney had to change her wedding date months ago cause of her fiancé's injury.  If Kelly and Judy were aware that Jenna was in the wedding for this weekend, wouldn't that be why she wasn't asked about going on tour?

I personally think K&J, especially Judy, would see a USO tour as far more important than a wedding of a former DCC, especially if it's true they aren't that fond of Sydney.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I think it was established that story had no basis in fact, and that the two did not know each other.  Maybe she was a fan.  Sort of like when Rihanna posted about the married LeBron.

• Love 4

Please keep in mind, just because Jenna felt they were going to get married and were in love, etc. does not mean he felt the same way. I do not claim to know his feelings for her.  If I had to guess, homeboy is not marriage-minded yet.  That's a GUESS.  I know next to nothing about him except he's killing it this year and is a hot commodity.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Please keep in mind, just because Jenna felt they were going to get married and were in love, etc. does not mean he felt the same way. I do not claim to know his feelings for her.  If I had to guess, homeboy is not marriage-minded yet.  That's a GUESS.  I know next to nothing about him except he's killing it this year and is a hot commodity.  

Did Jenna say she was in love/going to get married? She may not be marriage minded at this minute either. Isn't she in her early 20s and still in college?

ETA: Jenna is really talented, but I admit she's never been one of my faves. BUT........I still don't want her to be played. If she's dating this guy and risking her place on show group, etc., for a stupid rule, then I want her to be in control of the situation, whether it's just casual dating or something serious. I don't want her to be the "see, we TOLD YOU SO" girl.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 2
Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

Did Jenna say she was in love/going to get married? She may not be marriage minded at this minute either. Isn't she in her early 20s and still in college?

I've heard that from more than one source but remembering how I was at that age, I'd imagine it was very in the moment, starry eyed, etc.  i was IN LOVE with men who looking back at ... HAHAHA  

Again, this is all why I do think they have this rule in place.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I don't think Sydney was an angel on the squad lol but since she is not DCC anymore I don't care to share some of the stories I've heard as it's neither here nor there at this point . She's getting married, running businesses and modeling; I wish her the very best! I will say I think Kelli and Judy certainly liked her when she was on DCC (group leader, lots of promotions and responsibilities), prob up till the very end when she lied to Kelli more than once about her involvement with that movie.  From my understanding, the DCC are not portrayed very well in the book (and I suppose in the movie then) and they didn't want to be associated with it. If Sydney had just waited to get involved until AFTER she retired it probably wouldn't have been such an issue but she didn't and she lied to Kelli more than once about it when asked.  They were also NOT pleased with the article from what I hear.  

Sorry, back to current DCCs.   Robin would be cute with a bowl cut lol  And as much as I do like Tasha that lipstick is SO.BAD.  It stands out and not in a good way! how have they not talked to her about that yet? Really intrigued by what Jennifer's injury is since she seems to still be performing? 

Now you really have me wondering about Sydney's stories!  I do have to say I never liked her.  She always came across as being self righteous and super fake to me.

• Love 4

Please do continue share behind the scenes!!

• Love 8

Just a thought though..show group has 16 members & only 8 went on the trip.  They had to narrow the choice down somehow.  Kelly is tweeting about the CMA show tonight, so it looks like she stayed home too.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Just a thought though..show group has 16 members & only 8 went on the trip.  They had to narrow the choice down somehow.  Kelly is tweeting about the CMA show tonight, so it looks like she stayed home too.  

Very true, but if they still go by seniority, she's about the most senior there.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Very true, but if they still go by seniority, she's about the most senior there.

Jessica also didn't go (also 5 yr vet), I don't think Jinelle was on the list of 8 (4 yr vet)... Erica didn't go (3 yr vet). Those are just off the top of my head as I can't remember the 8 that DID go. I'm just not seeing the big conspiracy theory here. Jenna had a pretty valid reason for not going that was known well in advance of the USO trip. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

Jessica also didn't go (also 5 yr vet), I don't think Jinelle was on the list of 8 (4 yr vet)... Erica didn't go (3 yr vet). Those are just off the top of my head as I can't remember the 8 that DID go. I'm just not seeing the big conspiracy theory here. Jenna had a pretty valid reason for not going that was known well in advance of the USO trip. 

I thought I saw Erica in the picture someone posted