Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Just now, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I mean, I can see the thought behind the red and wanting to make her pop, for sure. She could definitely get mousy if given the chance in the beginning, but I also feel that she's carved her own spot on the squad now, and her dancing and unique look are enough. But maybe that's just because I got mad Holly love.

Yeah, I do too lol she's the only DCC I think I've ever been invested in and want to just save her from the scary men who write gross comments on her photos. Especially that guy that is obsessed with Kelsey. I don't know, with her hair color in the beginning of training camp last year she blended in. 

56 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I mean, I can see the thought behind the red and wanting to make her pop, for sure. She could definitely get mousy if given the chance in the beginning, but I also feel that she's carved her own spot on the squad now, and her dancing and unique look are enough. But maybe that's just because I got mad Holly love.

I think if they want a girl to stand out in the current team they should do blonde not red! 

I agree that Holly has carved her own spot she doesn't need the gimmicky red.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, BritFan said:

I quite like Holly with this chocolate-y coloured hair, I know it is probably just the lighting, but I prefer it to the red.

I love this pic of holly. I also love the tshirt because her gigantic boobs aren't falling out all over the place. She just looks young and fresh.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, BritFan said:

I quite like Holly with this chocolate-y coloured hair, I know it is probably just the lighting, but I prefer it to the red.

Totally Adorbs!  The optical illusion created by that raise on the shoulder of each sleeve creates the appearance (at least on my small smartphone screen) of a flip in Holly's hairstyle.  In other words, it looks like she is sporting a "Mary Tyler Moore-circa-Dick Van Dyke Show" look (top image).  (Any current DCC, and maybe her mother too, will have to Google that reference, as it harkens back to the Middle Ages of media as far as you are concerned.  Thus, I have attached the image for reference).  

Holly should color her hair (if she wants) more a cocoa shade, and take it to a longer length - longer than the one MTM has in the image below - but with the flip.

tumblr_mgftrp0Qnx1qicfexo1_500.jpg   

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1

Holly looks great in that pic. 

Anyone know why the DCC page hasn't been updated with the new squad, and why the new Twitter handles haven't been given out? The regular season is starting this week. I assume it's not for the show, as it will b nearly mid season before the show ends. 

1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Holly looks great in that pic. 

Anyone know why the DCC page hasn't been updated with the new squad, and why the new Twitter handles haven't been given out? The regular season is starting this week. I assume it's not for the show, as it will b nearly mid season before the show ends. 

I think Judy said something about the show corresponding with the twitter handles in Sept. There's also the issue of Kelsey keeping a tight hold on her dcc twitter that I think might be an issue with them handing out all the new ones. They could always just give Kelsey L the handle "DCC Kelsey L" but I guess that's not what they want to do?

Holly stands out from most DCC in her theatricality, she expresses, emotes, and acts more than most people when she dances.  It is like she has a dance theater background.   As another poster put it a while back, you half expect her to come out playing Roxie Hart in Chicago. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Holly stands out from most DCC in her theatricality, she expresses, emotes, and acts more than most people when she dances.  It is like she has a dance theater background.   As another poster put it a while back, you half expect her to come out playing Roxie Hart in Chicago. 

I often wonder, and have asked before here, whether Holly could sing because I think she'd be fabulous in Chicago.

I'd love LOVE to see her doing a Bob Fosse routine!

• Love 1

I'm not sure if she can sing, I know Raylee was really good but botched her show group audition from what we could see on the previews. 

33 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I'm not sure if she can sing, I know Raylee was really good but botched her show group audition from what we could see on the previews. 

Kelli and Judy have a great eye for the ultimate potential in a young woman.  I know that Kelli really like Raylee from the first moment she auditioned, but I personally did not think that she had the DCC look last year.  This year she has transformed herself into one of their prettiest and most photogenic DCCs.  The same might be said of Jinelle.

That is the key to making it back year after year.  It is like the parable of the talents in the Bible (Matthwew 25:14-30), he or she who takes the talents and opportunities they are given and multiplies them is rewarded, whereas she or he or just sits on their opportunity and talent are not.  Those young ladies who take the talent they have and amp it up, or best develop it, are those who make it back again.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Kelli and Judy have a great eye for the ultimate potential in a young woman.  I know that Kelli really like Raylee from the first moment she auditioned, but I personally did not think that she had the DCC look last year.  This year she has transformed herself into one of their prettiest and most photogenic DCCs.  The same might be said of Jinelle.

That is the key to making it back year after year.  It is like the parable of the talents in the Bible (Matthwew 25:14-30), he or she who takes the talents and opportunities they are given and multiplies them is rewarded, whereas she or he or just sits on their opportunity and talent are not.  Those young ladies who take the talent they have and amp it up, or best develop it, are those who make it back again.  

I thought Raylee looked like a soccer mom with the hair she came in with last year, and I was surprised to learn that she was only 18 and just graduating from high school, but man did she make a transformation. I didn't love Claire's look last year either, but when the Star swimsuit edition came along, Raylee and Claire were my two favorites. Their pictures were stunning.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I love this pic of holly. I also love the tshirt because her gigantic boobs aren't falling out all over the place. She just looks young and fresh.

Exactly..young and fresh!!! The red hair ages her!!! Kelli, please change her hair color!!!

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Head just popped. She couldn't be more perfect for a Fosse show. NICE!!

I thought that when I first saw her last year. Maybe when she's been a DCC for a bit and finished her studies?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, California Girl said:

In other words, it looks like she is sporting a "Mary Tyler Moore-circa-Dick Van Dyke Show" look 

When comparing the two pictures, I don’t see this at all. Sorry.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2
Just now, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Me too!  I have others that I really, really like but there is just something about Holly.  You can't help but look at her when she dances; right past the Barbiebots (Holly is a very pretty girl, she's just not a cookie cutter blonde-blue-boobed you so often see on DCC).  I loved when she finished her solo and just kind of swaggered off the dance floor like, "Yeah, top that!"  Girl can walk the walk.

hahah yess that's my favorite

Just now, Oranaiche said:

(Spanx.)

Just kidding. Kinda.

I mean my waist is tinier than my hips but danggg if spanx can work miracles on Kelli i'm going to need some.

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

I mean my waist is tinier than my hips but danggg if spanx can work miracles on Kelli i'm going to need some.

Haha you're right, I was really just kidding. Even with Spanx I would still have no waistline. She's just a blessed curvy lady.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cgloss said:

Hmmmm ... Why make one of the best, if not THE best, dancer on the squad a redhead?

Can't think ...

dallas-cowboys-cheer.jpg

...of why ...

BQyFIhdCYAEQpNl.jpg

... they would do that?

1ua61y5f2rmb4io2vnzf.jpeg

Love ya, Kells!

IMG_05091-300x225.jpg

LMAO... That thought has crossed my mind 1000 times but I never posted it. I loved how you did this....lolololol. 

• Love 2

I thought it was odd when one of the male judges said her face was harsh on the Jumbotron, but on second consideration, I could see that. She's gorgeous before and after, but I definitely think the lighter hair softens her features some. 

• Love 1

I think Kelsey's make up was a little different at auditions this year - when they showed flashbacks to the previous two interviews her make up just seemed lighter or something.  She did tell me she hated how her make up looked at auditions lol so i think she's probably agree on the harsh comment. 

Looks like Tasha is modeling for that boutique as well.  I didnt realize she was only like 5'5"!! Her legs are SO long I thought she was a lot taller but Kelsey is the 5'8" one.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I didn't really see a big difference in Kelsey's hair over the summer TBH but seeing her recent pics for a boutique, I can definitely see they lightened it up some! So pretty!! 

http://www.pinkcoconutboutique.com/don-t-split-up-top-taupe/p/125067

I know I'm old and severely out of step with today's fashion but damn. Those are some ugly clothes.

And Tasha, tone down that damn candy pink lipstick.  It's not flattering at all.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think Kelsey's make up was a little different at auditions this year - when they showed flashbacks to the previous two interviews her make up just seemed lighter or something.  She did tell me she hated how her make up looked at auditions lol so i think she's probably agree on the harsh comment. 

Looks like Tasha is modeling for that boutique as well.  I didnt realize she was only like 5'5"!! Her legs are SO long I thought she was a lot taller but Kelsey is the 5'8" one.

I had no idea Kelsey was the same height as me. She doesn't look it.

4 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

I know I'm old and severely out of step with today's fashion but damn. Those are some ugly clothes.

And Tasha, tone down that damn candy pink lipstick.  It's not flattering at all.

lol - I agree that the clothes are ugly!  That was all I could think when looking at them - they weren't even flattering on the models, imagine how they'd look on regular women?!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

I just know she's shorter than me when were both in nikes (I'm about 5'6") and sometimes when she wears heel out she's taller than me. Oh well.

oh i believe you!! i am just laughing to myself that the site put her down as her heel height and not real height! 

I was going to say, there's no way Kelsey is 5'8" flat footed, I'm 5'8" - 5'9" depending on the doctor flat footed so I hardly ever wear heels unless I'm wearing boots. Interesting that the website would put her height in heels as her actual height. I wonder if they embellished on other girls heights as well.

Just now, QuiteContraryMoni said:

"This year at auditions, we had 3500 applicants with an average height of seven feet nine inches. This is the toughest competition we've ever seen".

#dead

3 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

"This year at auditions, we had 3500 applicants with an average height of seven feet nine inches. This is the toughest competition we've ever seen".

Most of these girls are 20 years old, with 72 years of dance experience and technical training each.  They have to kick so high and powerfully that their whole leg just flies off into stands. #beyondtheboots 

• Love 13
On 9/8/2016 at 3:09 PM, ChlcGirl said:

Hey there, don't you go saying that, you wear Lilly!!!

• Love 3

Wait, Kelsey os only 5'5''? There's no way I would have guessed that. I thought she was around 5'8''ish. Although, I'm watching the episode as I type this, and she doesn't look much taller than Milan, who I would guess is no taller than 5'4'' or so.

Is this year's DCC team still in flux under some probationary period rule?  Has anyone been quietly and discreetly suspended, as with Paige last year or Kaitlyn a few years back?

I only wonder because the first regular-season game (at home) is tomorrow, and the DCC organization has still not posted the official 2016-17 DCC team photo or online Bios for the new rookies, and has not opened any DCC Twitter accounts for the rookies.

I guess we will know tomorrow, when those who attend the game can see if everyone is present.

1 hour ago, California Girl said:

Is this year's DCC team still in flux under some probationary period rule?  Has anyone been quietly and discreetly suspended, as with Paige last year or Kaitlyn a few years back?

I only wonder because the first regular-season game (at home) is tomorrow, and the DCC organization has still not posted the official 2016-17 DCC team photo or online Bios for the new rookies, and has not opened any DCC Twitter accounts for the rookies.

I guess we will know tomorrow, when those who attend the game can see if everyone is present.

It's weird because the 2016-17 DCRB squad picture and bios are on the Cowboys site. Seems like the DCC get neglected. Liked it better when the DCC had their own site.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, California Girl said:

Kaitlyn L?  She wasn't "quietly suspended".  She was bluntly cut.

• Love 2