Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Wow - so I was looking at Holly P's Twitter to see if its true that she only posts flattering pics (looks like it's true, but wouldn't everyone do this ;)). However, I found this photo of a group of them dancing and look at Amy T - yikes:

https://twitter.com/dccheerleaders/status/653314584816676864

Hard to imagine that a lot of the vets who got weight warnings were that big.

It is interesting that two of the new showgroup rookies have weight issues.

• Love 1

Wow - so I was looking at Holly P's Twitter to see if its true that she only posts flattering pics (looks like it's true, but wouldn't everyone do this ;)). However, I found this photo of a group of them dancing and look at Amy T - yikes:

Amy looks big to me but Holly really doesn't. She looked bigger at one point but IMO she's toned up.

• Love 1

She's got visible roots in that photo. Maintaining that color has to be such a pain. Assuming all the redheads are back next year, it will be interesting to see who is still a redhead next year.  I suspect maybe just Loren and Rachel, because it really doesn't do much for any of the rookies. I am still surprised that they've only got ten blondes this year. Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but it seems to me that blondes used to dominate this team.

I think she looks great.  And the weight problem with rookies - to me it's like the "freshmen 15" at college - new routine, new friends, new stress, etc.  They will start toning up for the swimsuit calendar soon.  And then, hopefully, they keep it off going into auditions cause that is when it is unforgivable in the judges' eyes.

• Love 2

Her hair is still terrible if not worse https://instagram.com/p/9SIIALFInQ/. it's almost old Kate Gosselin with pouf in the back and I hate the curled piece in the front. I think brown with hair maybe Mary's length would work on her.

Something about her appears middle-aged. It's actually weird. A straight, blunt cut should work on her but instead she looks frumpy. Not one male in our large group thought she was hot, amazing bod, or even a basic pretty. I know she can dance yet the DCC requires much, much more. I'm dying to see what happens during swimsuit pics cause her hair and inability to find a single attractive pose has me questioning her selection on this team. Having seen her dance in person, she didnt stand out. This is considered good though since they are looking for uniformity. It's all so ironic given how the show made her a standout during TC. Maybe that's how it was edited?

OMG - Amy T. I'm hoping for her that it's her monthly time cause that tummy shocked the h*ll out of me. How is it that she isn't pulled for weight?

I also think these were bad pics. My cousin and I got our picture taken with veteran Jenna and rookie Amy at a fan fest a couple weeks back. To me they both looked really fit. We couldn't get over how beautiful and sweet these girls were in person. It made me really want to be a DCC!

IMO - this photo of Holly P is surprisingly toned but her face/expression screams middle-aged to me. I do not see a 18 year old young woman whenever I look at her (in person or print). She has that "old" face.Amy Is sexy yet much larger in hip and upper thighs. Again ...how do they make it given the stringent guidelines on weight and appearance?

Something about her appears middle-aged. It's actually weird. A straight, blunt cut should work on her but instead she looks frumpy. Not one male in our large group thought she was hot, amazing bod, or even a basic pretty. I know she can dance yet the DCC requires much, much more. I'm dying to see what happens during swimsuit pics cause her hair and inability to find a single attractive pose has me questioning her selection on this team. Having seen her dance in person, she didnt stand out. This is considered good though since they are looking for uniformity. It's all so ironic given how the show made her a standout during TC. Maybe that's how it was edited?

OMG - Amy T. I'm hoping for her that it's her monthly time cause that tummy shocked the h*ll out of me. How is it that she isn't pulled for weight?

Yes a sharp blunt cut would be great, if you're going short you don't need the pouf and curl. The hair she had at auditions was so much better.

Amy had that body at prelims.  It was never shown if anyone/judges/Judy/Kelli didn't like her body.  I noticed it though.

Holly had like 5 or 6 performances at Friends and Family.  I think the DCC think she is a star.  No matter what she looks like.

• Love 2

Holly had like 5 or 6 performances at Friends and Family. I think the DCC think she is a star. No matter what she looks like.

IMO she is a star. She is a very strong dancer and only has room for improvement. Her body is fine from what I've seen and while she doesn't have the prettiest face on the team (or the longest neck, gasp), she is cute. Hair can be changed. I just don't see a few guys not finding her attractive as an issue. I am glad to see K&J take someone like her because turning her down with such a shining talent would have been sad. Personally I'm getting tired of seeing her picked apart on here. It's starting to feel like Cassie 2.0, but I know we all have opinions so I'll leave it at that.

• Love 9

I love holly!!!! Great dancer!!! Great personality!!! Very cute girl!!! People make it sound like she is not attractive, but there are plenty of girls on the dcc I don't find attractive at all. I think what y'all are forgetting is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!! For example..For every person who thinks kelsy is attractive there are just as many that don't! Me for one. Lol.

• Love 3

If you ever need proof that there are men who think Holly P is hot, read through the comments on her IG pictures (think she is private tho)...she has plenty of fans, we will put it that way!! I still just love her and hope she is there for many years!

If you ever need proof that there are men who think Holly P is hot, read through the comments on her IG pictures (think she is private tho)...she has plenty of fans, we will put it that way!! I still just love her and hope she is there for many years!

This is true. I was just looking at her IG yesterday. I think it was private at one point but it isn't anymore. :)

• Love 1

I was watching her videos on IG (which you can't really show just your flattering side) and thought she looked smokin', honestly.  She is one of my favorites this year and I think she's adorable and an amazing dancer.  I don't even mind her hair so much.  Love her.  

• Love 1

I was watching her videos on IG (which you can't really show just your flattering side) and thought she looked smokin', honestly.  She is one of my favorites this year and I think she's adorable and an amazing dancer.  I don't even mind her hair so much.  Love her.  

right? the latest one in her apartment...WOW. her legs look awesome!!

Holly P's makeup is what's making her appear older IMO. Look at her during the the audition process on MTT, particularly during the panel interview segment. She had a young, stunning fresh faced look. The natural brown hair color also flattered her look a lot more than the red she has now does. Whoever is responsible for her makeover and gave her these makeup tips should be fired. This girl was gorgeous and what they have done to her has to be the worst makeover in history.

• Love 2

Holly P's makeup is what's making her appear older IMO. Look at her during the the audition process on MTT, particularly during the panel interview segment. She had a young, stunning fresh faced look. The natural brown hair color also flattered her look a lot more than the red she has now does. Whoever is responsible for her makeover and gave her these makeup tips should be fired. This girl was gorgeous and what they have done to her has to be the worst makeover in history.

I agree. She looked beautiful in her interview and I did prefer the slightly longer brown hair.

• Love 1

I honestly don't think may men will say Holly P, or Amy T, or any of the 'curvier' ones aren't smokin' hot. I think women are a whole lot more critical of those who don't have really thin, lithe, ballet dancer bodies. Men usually like some curves more than super skinny figures, and it always amazes me how many can't distinguish fake hair, boobs, tans, etc.

• Love 2

Completely agree. The brown color with a couple of more inches looked good on her. Get rid of the red and let her hair grow a bit longer and she'll be set. Personally, I don't think Holly is gorgeous or anything, but she has a cute face, and I think she deserves to be on the team for her dance ability. I felt the same way about Whitney. I never thought she was pretty, but she was a fabulous dancer with a great body. Given how young she is, I can see Holly progressing like Whitney and becoming a group leader and pro bowl girl down the road. 

• Love 1

I like Holly P and think she looks adorable - not like a Grandma.  :)  Just had to voice that. Now, moving on to REAL post topic....

Does anyone know if Angela Rena is married?  She's been in Dallas for 5 years. I always wondered if she would return to Australia or would stay here, whether she was married.  Also, Jinelle auditioned for DCC and she had a boyfriend of 5 years back in Australia. Anyone know if she's still with said boyfriend or have they broken up? She's been here going on 3 years now. That's a long time to wait at home. I wonder if she'll stay or move back when her DCC career is over?

Edited by Kaedee

Jax is cute. That mustard yellow is a really hard color to pull off if you're fair-skinned, but she looks cute.

It's not really blonde though. She just has highlights. The field pic makes it look like she's blonde all over but if you look at her Instagram it's really just pieces. I think her hair was a little too dark and harsh before so I kinda like it.

It's not really blonde though. She just has highlights. The field pic makes it look like she's blonde all over but if you look at her Instagram it's really just pieces. I think her hair was a little too dark and harsh before so I kinda like it.

I meant the mustard yellow top. Her hair looks cute brunette with some highlights.

I meant the mustard yellow top. Her hair looks cute brunette with some highlights.

Oh lol! I totally missed that. She does pull it off. My sister can wear that color like it's nobody's business, and she has similar coloring to Jax. (My phone just autocorrected Jax to Ajax about four times. Ugh!)

Edited by Oranaiche

Oh lol! I totally missed that. She does pull it off. My sister can wear that color like it's nobody's business, and she has similar coloring to Jax. (My phone just autocorrected Jax to Ajax about four times. Ugh!)

I look like jauniced death in that color. Jax looks cute.

I think what y'all are forgetting is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!! For example..For every person who thinks kelsy is attractive there are just as many that don't! Me for one. Lol.

Amen to this!!! It's so true. We all have different opinions looks wise for these girls. Amy T has such a gorgeous face (I always think Brooke Sorensen with thicker longer hair) and such an impressive major in school that Kelli and Judy could care less if she's bottom heavy or has a thicker middle. Putting her on appearances does wonders for the DCC brand and shows how intelligent and accomplished the girls are - they're not just a bunch of pretty faces.

Back to people having different views of who is pretty, I am still baffled that Danielle and Rachel are even on the team, but I know a lot of ppl on this forum think they're stunning. I've always felt the same way about Kali Drake and Trisha Trevino. They have those stumpy limbs and that neck that blends right into the face without a definitive jaw line, and it shocked me that ppl considered them beautiful. But I know Kali especially had so many fans on here who thought she was gorgeous, even a few saying she was top 5 most beautiful DCCs ever. So to each his own!!

Required disclaimers:

1. Obviously Kali had a lovely, humble and sweet personality, I really liked her as a person. But I'm strictly talking about her looks above.

2. Sorry that I mentioned non-current DCs in part of my post.

We all have different opinions looks wise for these girls.

This discussion is making me think about one of my favorite fluffy movies, A League of Their Own, where there are two guys who have a huge crush on Rosie O'Donnell's character.  The "who, me???" thing she does & her look of shock when they shout out to her, give her flowers, etc, is so cute.  So, yes...eye of the beholder and all that :) 

*sigh* now you've mentioned all the girls who did have bangs it makes me realise just how many series I havn't and can't watch in the UK. My first one was when Danielle and Jasmine were rookies.

Now I can only watch MTT on youtube and even then only the last two series :(

I also think Kat might look good with bangs. Her hairline starts very far back.

It is a pity their isn't more hair diversity lol! Thank goodness for Robin's curly 'do!

• Love 1

BritFan - for a while, during makeovers, the salon gave a lot of the girls bangs. In season 2, a I remember a few being given bangs (Megan Sharp and Loni are the ones I can remember). Megan kept hers her entire DCC career - they were awful. Loni's were long and she pushed them to the side.  Season 6 I can think of a few girls.  I think they gave some of the girls bangs when they couldn't think of anything else. That's what it looked liked to me anyway.