Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Agreed, DCCFAN71.  I think that is there are some truly awesome new ladies, the ones you mentioned might be in trouble.  I'm hoping Ashley's stunting and looks/personality help her, but I guess we'll see.  Breelan I have never been sold on, sorry.  She seems sweet but just not fun to watch.  Caila, I think they really like her look.  And at least I've seen her practicing dance lately. 

Loren, they seem to really like her and her dancing, though I agree her look has always seemed a bit off to me.  Kind of harsh?

• Love 1

I really only remember hearing Judy talk about Caila being pretty once. I don't particularly think they like her looks more than any of the other girls. I think if vets get cut it will be Caila and Breelan, personally. We shall see.

I think everyone is forgetting that Ashley Pro brings years of gymnastics, tumbling and cheering to the table. She seems able to compensate for her lack of dance training. The DCC recruits heavily for dancers, but as we saw in one of their Half Time Prep vids on YouTube, they do need the tumblers, the gymnasts too. In the vid I'm talking about Judy was having a hard time finding a DCC to top the pyramids because most girls weren't trained for it, so they kept falling off.

I don't know if Ashley's safe or not because of her lack of dance training (which was Judy's nitpick), but Kitty gave her props and Kelly likes her. She's got the looks, she's a hard worker and sweet, plus she's one of the few who could stand atop a pyramid.  Just sayin'. :D

• Love 1

I would really be surprised to see Breelan cut at this point. They have been using her cameo to promote try ours, and featured her a lot on social media during the Mexico trip. I would think if she was on the cusp, they wouldn't put her out there as much.

CashandPrizes wrote: She resigned a few days prior to the end of the DCC year, turned in her uniform and changed her twitter and has been cast as a DCC in a movie. And someone posted the casting call.  It's posted on page 20.

Is this a significant part? Remember House Bunny? Even though the movie was about a playboy bunny and they had real bunnies for legitimacy sake, they were glorified extras... even Holly, Bridget, and Kendra were bit players/cameo parts.

I don't think Breelan being featured in social media will play a part into whether or not she makes it back honestly. Like others have said, if a lot of rock stars come through at tryouts, I see her being one of the ones that would have a hard time keeping up, and we all know they've been brutal at finals the last few years.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Since when did Sydney live in Atlanta? Has she always lived there?

She posted on her twitter that she visited Georgia around 4/1 ("they have the best sweet tea").   I don't think she is living there.   The movie shoot for the Cowboys is at the end of the month.     She does have on her twitter location as Dallas/Atlanta.   I noticed the casting notice for the movie said you should be a local, I guess they are not paying for accomodations.

https://twitter.com/SydneyDurso

Edited by Jennifer J

She posted on her twitter that she visited Georgia around 4/1 ("they have the best sweet tea").   I don't think she is living there.   The movie shoot for the Cowboys is at the end of the month.     She does have on her twitter location as Dallas/Atlanta.   I noticed the casting notice for the movie said you should be a local, I guess they are not paying for accomodations.

https://twitter.com/SydneyDurso

She posted the other day "Since I've been living in Atlanta..." and mentioned something about someone sending her some workout shoes. So maybe she just moved there or is living there for the movie.

Go Mary!  Somehow I'm not surprised.  I suspected she was more awesome than MTT let on, because we didn't get to see her much and we know that often the strongest rookies fly under the MTT radar in favor of strugglers.  I realize we've said it before, but I'll repeat:  it's kind of lame not to get to see the incredible talents and dancing of the best of the team's world-class dancers.  I mean, really, who would want to watch, say, Mary or Kinzie or Lacey dance amazingly when we could watch ladies like Karissa or Breelan struggle week after week?  What they did show of Mary at least hinted at a very put together young lady who is a great technical dancer (those kicks!) and hard worker, is very articulate and has a strong backbone.  That girl said she swore she wouldn't cry through training camp, and she didn't until they made the team.  I mean, I cry just watching the show, and I'm not banging my knees in jump splits and having Kelli or Judy tell me to hit the gym or stop being "clunky."  I saw that she was the first or one of the first rookies to get the Abbey bear this year, and that suggested to me that there was much more to her than we'd gotten to see on the show.

I'm sad Sydney is retiring, but it seems that every year, certain vets retire and I just can't imagine the team without them, and yet...DCC march on and find new great rookies.  It's also interesting to see which vets step up into leadership positions.  I could see not getting elected to ProBowl might sting, but I never thought that Sydney kept returning because she wanted to go to PB.  She's never been the best dancer on the team, but she is a great dancer and vibrant performer, and I think has been deserving of group leader and the various kinds of face time she has gotten on MTT, Show Group, calendars, appearances, Talking Cowboys, etc.  No one makes Show Group who is not an outstanding dancer, and plenty of DCC who are outstanding never make SG.  I also think that Kelli & Judy have appreciated her presence and leadership, especially when they've had young teams.  I'm glad she's retiring rather than hanging on--it must get tough to do those jump splits for a freaking score of years, and way to go out in style on her own terms.

As for this movie, I can't say how relieved I am that it is not a Tyler Perry film.  I only know what's been posted here about the actual project, but I imaging that they are filming in Atlanta because, in the last several years, Georgia has made extra incentives for TV and film production in the state (read: they lure film projects to the state and help feed the economy by making it an affordable and accommodating place to film).  Among the projects filmed there recently:  Vampire Diaries, Walking Dead, Selma, 42, the Single Moms' Club, Anchorman 2...  Apparently, there are over 25 film projects being filmed in the state in this month alone.

• Love 1

I recently saw Courtney Danielle's episode of Say Yes To The Dress Atlanta and I am just baffled as to why her marriage was so short lived. Everything I have found online about her marriage and ex husband does not give any clues. In fact, her ex had posted on his facebook to vote for Courtney during last year's auditions voting round even though they were clearly not together. They don't strike me as the type of people who just give up easily on something that they commit to. Very odd. 

Courtney Danielle...is that the little blonde one who is retiring after one year?? I forget their middle names half the time lol  She was married???

How do I miss all these marriages?? I had no idea till rewatching the season where Paige auditioned that she also was married but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore...

• Love 1

Courtney Danielle...is that the little blonde one who is retiring after one year?? I forget their middle names half the time lol  She was married???

How do I miss all these marriages?? I had no idea till rewatching the season where Paige auditioned that she also was married but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

What?! Paige is no longer married either? Wow!

Edited by Teresa
  • Love 1

I don't think so...I mean, she never ever has pictures with him or mentions of him, plus she lives with Danielle? But I know he serves so maybe he is just gone all the time. 

I saw on Loren's most recent pic on insta too, someone commenting like "are you not engaged anymore?" i didn't realize she was! that is so sad if she had a break up too. 

• Love 1

Awe that website is the most adorable thing ever. I'm so happy for Emma & Christopher, they are so perfect for each other.

It seems like it's a smaller wedding than some of the other cheerleaders have had and has got only family and closest friends in the wedding party. But I'm sure she's invited the DCC girls to the wedding.

From Emma's "how we met"

I vividly remember walking into his apartment for the first time and immediately heading back towards the door! I knew in my heart, I wanted to be a cheerleader and when I saw how much Cowboys stuff he owned, I thought ...I won't break his heart if we break up, ill shatter it, if I don't make Cheerleader!

Huh?

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

WOW! Nicole and her man are a HOT couple!! They have kept that on the DL...I had NO idea, but maybe I just totally missed it before.

Emma and her fiancé are too adorable...and one of the youngest VP at Merrill Lynch? He must be a pretty smart cookie lol

• Love 1

From Emma's "how we met"

Huh?

I had to read it several times but I think she's saying if they broke up he'd be meh. But if she didn't make the squad he'd be shattered because of his love for everything Dallas Cowboys. Edited by Lorimar263
  • Love 2

How do I miss all these marriages?? I had no idea till rewatching the season where Paige auditioned that she also was married but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore...

OMG LaurenBrook - Stay out of my head LOL. I have said that a million times on the old forum. She NEVER post pictures of him and never mentions him. I believe he is in the service but it's really odd. I don't think she ever wore a ring...did she?

• Love 1

Emma is getting married in 27 days. No DCC in wedding party

http://www.theknot.com/wedding/Beavers-Dutton/view/9373462280185195/44884101

I have wondered since they got engaged if she would have any DCC in her wedding. Emma has never been one to post a lot on Social Media so for me it was hard to get a feel on who her DCC BFF are. But it seems that she and her fiancé have enough family for a complete wedding party. They are adorable.

• Love 1

OMG LaurenBrook - Stay out of my head LOL. I have said that a million times on the old forum. She NEVER post pictures of him and never mentions him. I believe he is in the service but it's really odd. I don't think she ever wore a ring...did she?

haha! great minds think alike ;)  I used to get her confused with Jennifer Alexis so I was thinking SHE was the one talking about just getting married then rewatching it, I was like whoa that's Paige...I suppose it's very possible they are still married and he asked for privacy because of his job.  And maybe because he's gone so much she lives with girls on the team...like I know Danielle is her roommate right now. 

• Love 1

Courtneys instagram is all DCC now, she changed her name, her picture and her hair colour. I wonder if she changed her mind about coming back.

Can you post a link to Courtney's instagram? I'm not on it but think I can follow the link to see her site.

You think she might be trying out again, even after the party where she got her good-bye picture?

If she is another that said she wasn't returning than decided to, wow! K&J must really know how to reel them back.  Or something lol  I loved Courtney so it'll be awesome if she decides to audition again!

The verdict on Jennifer A is she retired, right?  I feel like she did post something about wrapping up her third year but not career...and she wasn't in retiring pic from banquet or did I miss her?  I need to look at that again. 

I wish we'd seen more of Jessica A (Montoya).  I was looking at her pics on FB and WOW she is absolutely stunning!!!!

• Love 1

I wish we'd seen more of Jessica A (Montoya).  I was looking at her pics on FB and WOW she is absolutely stunning!!!!

I agree!!! She is so gorgeous, I think!!

I don't think Courtney is returning.  It looks like she was at the ACMS with Collin, not the current DCCs.

• Love 1

Nicole is dating Sam Hunt's guitar player. Here they are at the ACMs.

https://instagram.com/p/13f4dYkhfq/

I was reading the comments and I guess I'm not the only one who thought Nicole was black haha

Did Nicole speak on her ethnicity or just the random (no offense if thats a previously member!) fan? Mia posted a "black DCC" picture and Nicole was most def. in it. https://instagram.com/p/14bTRszIo_/

I always thought Veronica was Latina but turns out she's Navajo Indian so there you go. I'm no good with race, age, nothing. Ha

Did Nicole speak on her ethnicity or just the random (no offense if thats a previously member!) fan? Mia posted a "black DCC" picture and Nicole was most def. in it. https://instagram.com/p/14bTRszIo_/

I always thought Veronica was Latina but turns out she's Navajo Indian so there you go. I'm no good with race, age, nothing. Ha

I thought she was Italian.   Her cousin is Randy Fenoli from "Say Yes to the Dress".