Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I'm surprised there wasn't more social media activity with the storms...sharing this crazy pic for y'all who aren't local and might not have seen it! 

I re-watched season 11 this weekend and chuckled when Kelli was talking about how much she liked this season's vets - "no slackers!" ???

IMG_9005.JPG

4 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

That's what I thought. I don't remember her auditioning in season 4 though. They might have not featured her...to my memory.

They didn't feature her season 4 but she can be seen in the lineup of the girls who made it to finals. Sorry if this should be in former DCC. 

57 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

The squad could be facing a potentially young team with a huge rookie class, the biggest since season 7. That favors some of the rookie candidates who would not normally be given the chance during a competitive year with many returning veterans. Something like season 8 where 32 vets auditioned, wow! 3 were not invited back, one dropped out, and 1 was cut in camp. I'm surprised my brain remembers such things  

I am irrationally annoyed when they post these cryptic posts about the end of the year but ignore the questions of whether it means retirement. I'm loopy. 

I would think that a lot of the women decide to return.  There is some unfinished business to take care of, and next year's Cowboys team looks to be very strong.  

46 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Am I completely blanking out or were there not any real problem girls who made it from this year's rookie class? In the past, people like Kat and Ashley Pro were already on the radar (on this board) for potential cuts, and Caila and Breelan for weight and partying (in Calia's case). I guess Kelsey comes the closest as someone who was called into the office multiple times, but I can't think of anyone else who made it after really struggling through training camp. Some issues may have arisen through the year, including whatever happened with Selina, but it would be nice to see all of the veterans make it back for once. 

I agree, I hope they all make it back.  It was pretty much a perfect class.

43 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

That's what I thought. I don't remember her auditioning in season 4 though. They might have not featured her...to my memory.

I also do not remember Ann Lux being cut in her final season.  I do not think that she was, I believe that she decided to retire after her second season because at that point she had become engaged to a then-Boston Red Sox baseball player named Will Middlebrooks.  I think that they may have been high school sweethearts.  If she seemed somewhat distracted to Kelli and Judy, or it appeared that her heart might not have been completely into being a DCC during that second go-round, it could be that she did not like to be apart from her then-boyfriend and eventual fiance.  With good reason, as Will appears to have taken up with a Boston sports reporter named Jenny Dell (perhaps during Ann's last season with the DCC(?), but maybe not), and that was the end of that.  Will and Jenny married last year (https://bustedcoverage.com/2016/02/15/jenny-dell-will-middlebrooks-wedding-photos/).  (His loss, Ann is a beauty and appears to be a sweetheart.  Her gain, she wound up with the better man.).

I wish Ann had stayed with the DCC a little longer, she is one of my all-time favorites.  

Happy ending: She's pregnant now with her second child with her pro-golfer husband Brent Long.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1

Ann wasn't cut her final season. She auditioned unsuccessfully in season 4, was a rookie in season 5, and made it back season 6 despite being questioned by the judges. 

If Cersten applied last fall for fall 2017 admission she will be gone. She should be going on interviews now or soon. If she spent the year working and studying for the mcat this year then she can apply this fall for fall 2018 entry, and she can go on a calendar shoot and cheer for another year. Same goes for Melissa. 

• Love 1

The veterans should take a well-deserved two or three weeks off.  

After that, those vets who plan to return for next year's audition should immediately work to improve and perfect whatever they need to before the important April calendar shoot trip.  Remember Caila.  You want some surgery to improve a little something here or there?  Schedule your surgery for three weeks from now, so that you will have plenty of time to recover.  You have some lingering visa issues?  Meet with your lawyer in a couple of weeks, and get them resolved.  You have a weight problem?  No time like the present to work on a healthy eating plan, and sustainable fitness routine.  Your dancing is not as good as you want?  Don't stop taking dance classes, continue to work on the DCC routines, and start planning your solo.

I suspect this year's auditions will be very competitive.  Kelli will finally be right when she says this is the biggest, most talented class auditioning.  First, because as I mentioned above, I think a lot of the veterans know there is still that little matter of some unfinished business to attend to (the Super Bowl win), and they will want to be there for that.  And second, because everyone wants to audition for the hot team.  And right now, there is no team hotter than the Cowboys.  

Well, that's not exactly true, obviously, if the Packers were any hotter (especially that Aaron Rodgers, muy caliente(!)) they would be a fondue.

• Love 2

they could be left with a huge rookie class and they're losing some amazing cheerleaders, but I think the remaining vets are strong enough to carry the team through. I wonder who else is going to retire!! Anyone know if Cersten got into medical school? 

Cersten admitted she was going for medical school when she auditioned so it won't be a big surprise when she leaves.  The only surprised is WHEN she leaves.  It all depends on when she gets admitted to medical school.  As someone once said in another reality show "Medical school can be deferred indefinitely; being 20 years old cannot."  Fill in the blank with however old Cersten is and you get the point.  She might decide that this is what she wants for now and that school can wait while this can't or she might be all "Let me out of here!" and make a mad dash for the halls of medical school.  We'll have to wait and see.

As for Melissa, depending on how much of her work can be done in a local lab/hospital/office, she might be here for a while.  If she gets an amazing offer from another location (and everything falls into place for her), I think she would be barking mad to turn it down just to stay a DCC.  She's young, intelligent and well put together.  I think it all depends on her credentials, her research and where she interviews.  I can only think that her time on the DCC would help her in terms of doing interviews and timeline pressures.  We'll see where she goes and what she does, though it sounds like she's staying in the Dallas area for a while.

Depending on how Allie's year goes, I think she could be one with an issue.  I remember that Kelly had an issue with her body type (Allie was a square) in the uniform fittings and there was also an issue with her in pictures (that she only had one good pose and that her pictures weren't particularly good) so those were about the only times we really saw her.  I don't know how she was dance-wise so it really depends on a lot this year.  Given some of the issues they had with her off the field, I wouldn't be surprised if she was a one-and-done.

I wouldn't be surprised if Yuko was another one-and-done.  Given all the issues with her visa and all the leeway she was give that other girls wouldn't have, I don't think she'll be back another year.  Some could say that Jinelle is another one like that because she missed part of training camp.  However, she was in the hospital in Australia with medical issues so, if Kelly and Judy were going to hold that against her, we would have seen it or heard about it.  Jinelle had even said something along the lines of not being at her best in terms of dancing and that she wasn't sure how things were going to play out.  Yuko doesn't have that excuse.  She did work hard, but there was some speculation that Yuko being on the squad was a "favor" to someone, given how much emphasis Kelly and Judy had on the squad being only 36 girls this year.

I hope that the rest stay and that, depending on how many of them stay (meaning not retiring or getting cut at finals), this might be Kyndall's year if she decides to try out.  It sucks that she makes it almost to the end twice and, at least in one case, gets cuts mere minutes before the squad is announced (depending on how much time passed between her cut and when the squad was actually announced).  I remember Kelly said in a previous year (one where there was a stronger rookie class) that there wouldn't have been a problem for some of the girls to make it on the squad, but that that particular year was a particularly talented one.  I could almost see it.

I remember Kelli saying something like that I Emily from season 7. She said in other years she would have been fine, maybe not remembering that Emily auditioned in season 6 and didn't make it. 

It all depends on which aspect of her applications Cersten needed to strengthen. If it's mcats, she should have been studying all fall and taken already. If she needed a stronger GPA, she needed this year to take postbac courses and apply this fall. If it's stronger LORs and/or more patient hours, she needed to start very early to finish the apps by last month. Time will tell. 

I think it would be interesting if next year was morw competitive because of how hot the team was this year. I'm hoping that it's not a bust and next year is not a letdown year. Jacie seemed to show a bit of sadness that this year was so good but she had retired. If next year is a Super Bowl year Jenn K could have the same regret. 

ETA:  it's also worth noting that while you can defer plans to go med, you can't wait too long because these prereqs have an unofficial deadline. Some of these med programs require some courses, particularly anatomy and physiology, to be taken within a certain number of years. 

Edited by LaurelleJ

I know of some programs in the medical fields at one local college like that.  Math at a certain level had to have been taken within ten years (why, I don't know); science within something like 5 years, all courses had a minimum GPA, many required interviews and/or hours in the specific setting of whichever program you were going for and some even gave out "bonus points" if you had additional training or certifications in the specifc program.  In the case of one program, if you failed one of the pre-reqs for the program twice, then they wouldn't even consider you for the program.  I can see your point though.  Depending on when she completed her pre-reqs, she should be looking now for schools.  It's still a case of when she goes and what medical programs she's looking at.  Different programs will have different application requirements, different standards and different requirements, even within the same school.  Does anyone know what she's looking at going into or do we just know "medical school"?

• Love 1

My sister is a doctor.  She began medical school at 21, because she skipped a year of school as a child. 

Four years of medical school, followed by four years of residency, followed by two years of a fellowship in her area of specialty (longer for some, like surgery).

A decade later, when she had finished all her education and training, she was 31.  At that point she started having children, at the same time she began her professional life.

Cersten won't want to put off her medical education and training for too long, it is a road of many years.  And if she plans to have children after that, she will want to get on the path sooner rather than later.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Article about Melissa. Looks like she likes what she is doing now career wise and no mention of medical school.    http://kidsahead.com/subjects/17-medical-innovations/cool_jobs/390#.WHVCv2jZ_L8.twitter

If I did just biology, I would have to go to medical school or teach, and I didn't want to teach, so my mom recommended engineering.

She thinks the only options as a Biology major are medical school or teaching?

Sorry for being so off topic, but I have a degree in biology and chemistry and am nearing the end of my doctoral program in biochemistry with the intent of beginning a career in drug discovery research. Many times I have been back to my alma mater to talk about how biology is a straight shot to Med careers ( med, dentistry, optometry, pharmacy) or teaching, and also that there are many many other careers that begin with a degree in bio. Admin is hot right now, and we need more actual scientists in leadership admin roles. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I will believe Jennifer is retiring when the season starts LOL  jk but she is one i could see changing her mind last minute (and she could pull it off).  On the flip side tho, she HAS mentioned really wanting to spend more time with her husband and start a family.  I also see her as someone who could take over for Judy down the road. 

Same. Definitely.

6 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Isn't she another one who danced at LSU and knows neecie's style? I think Erica would make perfect point, but Holly is going to be point next year.

She better not be. #TeamErica

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Article about Melissa. Looks like she likes what she is doing now career wise and no mention of medical school.    http://kidsahead.com/subjects/17-medical-innovations/cool_jobs/390#.WHVCv2jZ_L8.twitter

Oh I just love her to pieces. I'm kind of tickled that being a DCC opened a door to Scottish Rite that she might not have had otherwise, and she seems like she is taking advantage of every opportunity. You can have a career goal, but then get exposed to things you hadn't considered and go a completely different way. 

Tho as an SMU alum she might have still found her way there anyway - I did some work with them during my MBA program and they are seriously fantastic. They have a strong focus on prosthetics which would suit a medically minded engineer to a T.  And now I'm wondering what Amy T is doing, given her related background  

That said, Dallas is very much a who you know city, more so than anywhere else I've ever lived. 

• Love 1

My first post! I'm a long time lurker though, haha. I have to say it was in honour of Danielle and Jessica's last game. They're two of my all-time favourites! I love how they've both really come into their own and become absolutely gorgeous and poised women.

It was so great seeing Lacey (unbelievably beautiful) and Erica as well (I looooove her)! I hope Erica's point next year. As much as Holly 'pops' and can Dance (with a capital 'D'), she comes off as a little desperate for the attention and not that much of a team player. How to explain it...Jenn K really took on the responsibility of leading the team this year, and you could tell she took is seriously. By comparison, I think Holly would just care about the limelight and the importance of point *for the team as a whole* would be a secondary, if barely present consideration. I also love that Erica is so natural and unassuming yet can dance so gracefully and powerfully. She also could not take a bad photo if she tried (and we all know we've had enough questionable photos this year *coughMegancough*).

Melissa, Jinelle and Robin (that smile!) are other faves of mine - I hope we get to see more of them next year! Also Claire and Heather - it's so sad that we barely get to see these two and they're so pretty!

In terms of rookies I hope that Khalyn (so gorgeous & underrated), Maggie, Kelsey (so sweet!) and Madeline come back. It's pretty telling how thin the ranks have gotten after 3rd years in recent years...I think Kelli and Judy need to go back and look for the quietly strong and dedicated dancers who will clearly grow with the organisation. If you look back at Jenna, Nicole, Angela, Jinelle etc - you can see that they clearly wanted to join the organisation because it truly meant something to them. You can tell that they really valued the opportunity and they were willing to work incredibly hard *for* the DCC. Do you really think 'Trophy' Tasha gives a toss about the DCC compared to what it can give her? 

Of course, 5 years is a long time to give anything (I say this in my last year of law school)...but really I think the thinner upper veteran ranks these days says more about the type of rookies DCC are taking on, rather than what would naturally happen otherwise. 

Whoops, what an essay! Clearly I have a lot of opinions on this year's squad!

• Love 6

I could see Holly as a second leader next year, but not point as a third year. She seems friendly enough and not so self centered when she isn't dancing. I think she's just used to dancing by herself for all those years that it's a new thing to dance as a group. By yourself, you have to really show your personality (I watched a lot of dance moms back in the day). I personally hated dance class cause I sucked at it lol 

During finals, a lot of the girls ran up to Holly to hug her when their names got called which made me happy. I think she probably met them at a few dance classes, I've heard that she's really nice and friendly.

42 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I could see Holly as a second leader next year, but not point as a third year. She seems friendly enough and not so self centered when she isn't dancing. I think she's just used to dancing by herself for all those years that it's a new thing to dance as a group. By yourself, you have to really show your personality (I watched a lot of dance moms back in the day). I personally hated dance class cause I sucked at it lol 

During finals, a lot of the girls ran up to Holly to hug her when their names got called which made me happy. I think she probably met them at a few dance classes, I've heard that she's really nice and friendly.

Agreed - she is constantly helping other girls improve technique and style, as well as fitness. 

• Love 6

WOW! Danielle, Jenna and Jessica look amazing. They are all three such beautiful girls.

LOL it looks like Kelsey is doing a photobomb...  look at the group 4 picture behind them haha! that's awesome

• Love 2

Cersten was in a doctor's office today, does she work for a plastic surgeon? Her insta story was her playing with boob implants lol

19 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Depending on how Allie's year goes, I think she could be one with an issue.  I remember that Kelly had an issue with her body type (Allie was a square) in the uniform fittings and there was also an issue with her in pictures (that she only had one good pose and that her pictures weren't particularly good) so those were about the only times we really saw her.  I don't know how she was dance-wise so it really depends on a lot this year.  Given some of the issues they had with her off the field, I wouldn't be surprised if she was a one-and-done.

???????

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Cersten was in a doctor's office today, does she work for a plastic surgeon? Her insta story was her playing with boob implants lol

She is a surgical tech for a plastic surgeon.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yeah, she posted about it a couple weeks ago. She's been shadowing him for a few years and she's a surgical tech for him now. 

1 minute ago, pink317 said:

She is a surgical tech for a plastic surgeon.

That's a well paying job, something I wish I looked into...not sure if I'd be okay with insides though lol

55 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

???????

I meant her body shape in the uniform and her cameo picture issues.  They must really like her because having just one of the issues have gotten girls cut and Allie had both.  Still, a lot of the girls who have gotten cut with just one of the stated issues might have had other issues though we didn't hear what those other reasons are as far as I can remember.  That's why I thought that Allie might be a one-and-done.

9 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Surgical tech usually involves handing instruments, scrubs, meds and other things needed during surgery. Sometimes they do incisions and close I think. I went to school for medical assisting at a tech high school where they did adult programs, there was a surgical tech program at a different high school for adults as well. I think some colleges have that program too.

Yeah, a community college near where I grew up has an Associates program for surgical techs.  My ex husband is an OR nurse, but I never knew what he as an RN was allowed to do that a tech was not.

5 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

GOD! Get it TOGETHER! Stop talking with people and working and LIVING your life. LOSER! Get back on the internet!!!

This could be taken in an extremely wrong way if someone didn't know you lol

22 hours ago, California Girl said:

Happy ending: She's pregnant now with her second child with her pro-golfer husband Brent Long.

This is really bothering me.  I know she is married to a pro golfer, but isn't another former DCC married to a pro golfer as well?  Or am I making this up?

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

GOD! Get it TOGETHER! Stop talking with people and working and LIVING your life. LOSER! Get back on the internet!!!

I'm trying! I even posted a picture of Chelsea Chaney's new knockers in the former DCCs thread! ?

• Love 4
Just now, Jess14 said:

Isn't Cassie's or Whitney's son named Cannon or Bullet, or something similar? I would put that in the running with Lux, but hey, each to her own lol.

I think Cassie's son is Cannon. It's a weird name for sure, but there's just something, um...pornographic sounding? about "Lux Long."

• Love 7
3 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Yeah, she posted about it a couple weeks ago. She's been shadowing him for a few years and she's a surgical tech for him now. 

Is this the same guy Jackie Bob and Colin worked for? I think Cersten said she wants to go into plastic/reconstructive surgery, so that's great experience.

1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Is this the same guy Jackie Bob and Colin worked for? I think Cersten said she wants to go into plastic/reconstructive surgery, so that's great experience.

Hoping she got into med school ... and shares the good news!

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I think Cassie's son is Cannon. It's a weird name for sure, but there's just something, um...pornographic sounding? about "Lux Long."

Answering in "Former" thread...

36 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I wonder if they will create a role for Jenn K as part of the DCC organization - either as assistant choreographer or maybe as part of back office?  DCC seemed to be such a big part of her life ... I wonder what she will do post retirement?

I could totally see her step into a role similar to the one they gave Megan fox when she retired. She could be a part of training the roomies during training camp, take part in the social training they have since she is such a great ambassador for them, and this allows her to still be part of the organization without the huge time commitment. She said she teaches dance though so I wonder if she could leave that to take on a full time role with the organization. Something tells me she would also be great in a role under Charlotte as an assistant to the president of the cheerleaders. 

Edited by LaurelleJ

I was also wondering if Jenn decided to forego her 5th year charm because she was asked to come of staff instead ala Megan. Megan didn't seem to last on the staff very long, though. Kelli loves Jenn so much and if she was good at the admin part of the leader role, girl is gonna be around for a long while. 

13 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I could totally see her step into a role similar to the one they gave Megan fox when she retired. She could be a part of training the roomies during training camp, take part in the social training they have since she is such a great ambassador for them, and this allows her to still be part of the organization without the huge time commitment. She said she teaches dance though so I wonder if she could leave that to take on a full time role with the organization. Something tells me she would also be great in a role under Charlotte as an assistant to the president of the cheerleaders. 

Interesting take - Charlotte's assistant.  I wonder how much Charlotte actually does as "president" of the Cheerleaders. Kinda seems like a vanity title, you know like the Kardashians being the "executive producers" of their many reality shows. She is very busy with things that have higher stakes and major financial implications, I don't think the cheerleaders are high on the list of her daily to-do and she has a great leader in Kelli.

Aww, so sweet.  The DCC just recognized Jessika, Kelsey L, and Selina as Gems of the Week (DCC Twitter).  I guess they thought they had at least one more week, oops.

I like all three of those young ladies.  You all know Selina is a rookie favorite, but Jessika is so pretty and has a beautiful smile, yet she flies under the radar.  Glad to see her finally get some recognition.  

I looked for Selina's dancing in the hip-hop halftime video posted in one of these threads (thanks to the person who posted that).  She was in the back left, and her dancing is great.

30 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Ok, I first read that post when I was on my work computer so I couldn't see the, um, knockers in question.  Then when I was at home, I went back to find them (ha!) and I couldn't.  Do you know what page your post is on?

Haha, no worries girl, I got you. Behold! (Sorry but it's just easier to repost. Got some steaks on the grill here.)

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

We should start a thread for the most ridiculous former DCC baby names

#1. Lux Long, courtesy of Ann 

It is an old southern tradition to give the mother's (maiden) surname as the first name to one of the children.  So, for example, if KaShara Garrett marries a man named Bill Jones, they might name one of their sons Garrett Jones. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Haha, no worries girl, I got you. Behold! (Sorry but it's just easier to repost. Got some steaks on the grill here.)

If we keep posting Chelsea photos, I'll have to stop reading the DCC:MTT threads on my smart phone in public, because people will think I'm looking at p@#^.

• Love 6

Kelli posted a video from technique Tuesday. DJ Guthrie is teaching. The routine is great, I noticed Jax and Erica (for the two seconds the camera pans to her). Erica is the real deal - great in all styles-, gets my vote for top of the triangle.

Edited by pink317
  • Love 7