Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Sad to see Jenn and Danielle retiring. It is going to be weird/different to watch performances without them. Both gave their best to the organization, and I appreciate that. I wish them all the best!

I saw Maggie confirm on her Twitter that she planned to audition again. Anyone else see any ladies that have confirmed they would try out again?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Aw, sad that Jenn is officially retiring. I wonder who else is going to announce it today.

I think it's a big loss to the DCC organization that Jenn K. is retiring. But I am so happy for her. I'm sure she has big plans that are now a year closer to being realized. Goooooooo Jenn! 

• Love 2
Just now, TiaGrace said:

I think it's a big loss to the DCC organization that Jenn K. is retiring. But I am so happy for her. I'm sure she has big plans that are now a year closer to being realized. Goooooooo Jenn! 

I'm hoping her plans include babies, she's said how much she wants them.

So sad that Jennifer is retiring!! I'm really going to miss her. I hope her dream of becoming a mother happens soon. Does anyone know how old Jennifer is? Thank you!

Edited by nmvrn

Erika said that she wanted to thank her teammates, Neecie, Kelly and Judy  for making her last game of the season so "incredibly special".  I don't know if that means she's retiring, hasn't quite decided to retire or is coming back next year.  It could be taken many ways. 

Edited by EricaShadows

Certainly hoping that it is just of the season. Would love to see Erica, Melissa, and Lacey as the leaders of the squad next year. Jinelle too if she goes for 5 years, and if not, excited to see which rising 3rd year TPTB will get behind. 

I will believe Jennifer is retiring when the season starts LOL  jk but she is one i could see changing her mind last minute (and she could pull it off).  On the flip side tho, she HAS mentioned really wanting to spend more time with her husband and start a family.  I also see her as someone who could take over for Judy down the road. 

Now I'm just curious what Jinelle will do...will she want to stick around as the only girl in her year, go for 5? or will she decide to hang it up as well? 

If Erica retires this year I WILL LEGIT CRY. No no no!!! not allowed!!!! I'm still holding on to hope that she will be point girl next year!! Watching her clips from game day girl reel, she is just fantastic.  Always a bright smile with no exaggerated facials or pursed lips, etc.  

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I will believe Jennifer is retiring when the season starts LOL  jk but she is one i could see changing her mind last minute (and she could pull it off).  On the flip side tho, she HAS mentioned really wanting to spend more time with her husband and start a family.  I also see her as someone who could take over for Judy down the road. 

Now I'm just curious what Jinelle will do...will she want to stick around as the only girl in her year, go for 5? or will she decide to hang it up as well? 

If Erica retires this year I WILL LEGIT CRY. No no no!!! not allowed!!!! I'm still holding on to hope that she will be point girl next year!! Watching her clips from game day girl reel, she is just fantastic.  Always a bright smile with no exaggerated facials or pursed lips, etc.  

Erica was a prominent feature in Neecie's dance so I think she's being primed for point...at least I hope so. I could see it being her definitely.

32 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I feel like Erica is being thrown by the wayside for some of the newer girls, and I don't like it one bit.

The only thing I've heard negative about Erica is that she has some sort of neck issue? Like, it is hard for her to really toss her head because she's at risk of tearing something and it's close to happening?? Honestly, I didn't follow all of it and it was said more in praise of her, like she is incredible for dancing as hard as she does with a potential horrible injury but yeah, i don't know if that effects anything.  I just adore her tho and feel she had a crap year stuck behind someone too tall for anyone to even see her. :( 

10 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Erica was a prominent feature in Neecie's dance so I think she's being primed for point...at least I hope so. I could see it being her definitely.

Isn't she another one who danced at LSU and knows neecie's style? I think Erica would make perfect point, but Holly is going to be point next year.

Erica is super technical, always in perfect shape, has seniority and never, ever takes a bad photo. It would be a shame to not have her as point next year. 

• Love 1
Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

Isn't she another one who danced at LSU and knows neecie's style? I think Erica would make perfect point, but Holly is going to be point next year.

Erica is super technical, always in perfect shape, has seniority and never, ever takes a bad photo. It would be a shame to not have her as point next year. 

Yes, she and Cersten both danced for Neecie. I don't think Tess danced for Neecie, she was a different LSU cheerleader... 

I don't think we'll see Holly as point girl next year. If Jenna stays, it's between her and Erica.

8 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yes, she and Cersten both danced for Neecie. I don't think Tess danced for Neecie, she was a different LSU cheerleader... 

I don't think we'll see Holly as point girl next year. If Jenna stays, it's between her and Erica.

Jax and Tess were on the golden girls. They perform with the band at football games. Erica and Cerstan were on Tiger Girls. They compete and perform at basketball games.

• Love 1
Just now, dalgal214 said:

Jax and Tess were on the golden girls. They perform with the band at football games. Erica and Cerstan were on Tiger Girls. They compete and perform at basketball games.

Thanks! I always get confused with the two...I just know big hair was Jax and Tess lol

My guess for point dancer is Melissa or Erica if they both decide to stay.

They both would do great there. Both are powerful dancers and have beautiful smiles. If I had to guess just one girl, it would be Melissa. But, I would love to see either one. 

I think Holly and Amy T. would be great at point, also.

• Love 1

The three leading the triangle will definitely be Melissa, Erica, and holly if the three return. All three will be perfectly fine as point. I'm a big fan of Holly's dancing and think she would make an excellent point, but I have always held steady in the opinion that if she isn't careful, it might look like Holly & the DCC. I finally got to see her in thunderstruck yesterday and she seemed to have the perfect mix of blend in and stand out. I don't know if it was conscious on her part or the choreography just doesn't warrant that kind of power. When it comes to the more hip hop and/or showy routines, she can definitely stand out more. The biggest example for me is the lady gags routine by Michelle keys. In that practice video, she was so much more dynamic than everyone around her. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
Answered my question
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

The three leading the triangle will definitely be Melissa, Erica, and holly if the three return. All three will be perfectly fine as point. I'm a big fan of Holly's dancing and think she would make an excellent point, but I have always held steady in the opinion that if she isn't careful, it might look like Holly & the DCC. I finally got to see her in thunderstruck yesterday and she seemed to have the perfect mix of blend in and stand out. I don't know if it was conscious on her part or the choreography just doesn't warrant that kind of power. When it comes to the more hip hop and/or showy routines, she can definitely stand out more. The biggest example for me is the lady gags routine by Michelle keys. In that practice video, she was so much more dynamic than everyone around her. 

So many people love Holly that it's crazy. In all the videos I've seen, she stands out and people notice her. There's so many comments about how their eyes are just drawn to Holly. Same for me, I can't explain it. Sometimes her expressions are a bit over the top, but it's dance it's supposed to be that way.

On 12/27/2016 at 2:02 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

This is what Danielle should have said when she found out she wasn't going to pro bowl.

Okay, I know I'm really behind here, but I am DYING. The only thing that would make it better would be if Danielle  yelled that she hated everyone and their ass faces.

I have to say that catching up on this thread has been entertaining and enlightening. I really need to get my ass back into gear with my internet posting. Priorities.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I expect the retirement notifications to start pouring in today. Danielle confirmed and now Jenn K announced on Instagram. So sad that the promising season has come to an end.  Great squad this year and can't wait to see new TCCs from auditions this may, and which veterans step up into leadership roles next season. 

What is Jenn K's handle on Instagram?

1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Have Jenn K and Jenna ? confirrmed?

Jenn K has, not sure about Jenna. I asked her, no response.

5 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Have Jenn K and Jenna ? confirrmed?

This was posted on Jenna's instagram a few weeks back. She could have changed her mind, and this was posted just after the pro bowl announcement, so that could've had an effect at the time. As for Jenn K, I was going by what was posted by a poster on the last page - that Jenn K said that she was retiring. I haven't personally seen it (or looked for it) on her social media account. 

Edited by Jess14
46 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Okay, I know I'm really behind here, but I am DYING. The only thing that would make it better would be if Danielle  yelled that she hated everyone and their ass faces.

I have to say that catching up on this thread has been entertaining and enlightening. I really need to get my ass back into gear with my internet posting. Priorities.

Girllllllll, I miss you! 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Bess posted a mixed message post about a 6 year career for two teams. Could just be a year end wrap up or a career wrap up. 

Yeah...hers sounds kind of like she's leaning that way...but who knows.  She has had a LONG pro cheer career, wow!! And on a knee that had major surgery...I give her credit! 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah...hers sounds kind of like she's leaning that way...but who knows.  She has had a LONG pro cheer career, wow!! And on a knee that had major surgery...I give her credit! 

Yeah, I could see her retiring due to the injury. Jinelle and Melissa (if she is trying to go to medical school, which I think was stated last year) are two others who I could see retiring. Assuming that Jinelle does retire (and Jenna doesn't decide to return), I think next season would be the first year in a while without any 5 year vets? 

There would be a lot of girls retiring this year if all the fifth years retire and most of the fourth years/some second/third years.

The squad could be facing a potentially young team with a huge rookie class, the biggest since season 7. That favors some of the rookie candidates who would not normally be given the chance during a competitive year with many returning veterans. Something like season 8 where 32 vets auditioned, wow! 3 were not invited back, one dropped out, and 1 was cut in camp. I'm surprised my brain remembers such things  

I am irrationally annoyed when they post these cryptic posts about the end of the year but ignore the questions of whether it means retirement. I'm loopy. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

The squad could be facing a potentially young team with a huge rookie class, the biggest since season 7. That favors some of the rookie candidates who would not normally be given the chance during a competitive year with many returning veterans. Something like season 8 where 32 vets auditioned, wow! 3 were not invited back, one dropped out, and 1 was cut in camp. I'm surprised my brain remembers such things  

I am irrationally annoyed when they post these cryptic posts about the end of the year but ignore the questions of whether it means retirement. I'm loopy. 

Who dropped out? and was it Kaitlyn Lagrand what was cut?

1 minute ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Who dropped out? and was it Kaitlyn Lagrand what was cut?

That year it was Courtney cook who dropped out. Chelsea was cut for being toxic. Kaitlyn legrand was cut in season 6. 

Season 8 Courtney Cook left right before TC started, and Chelsea was cut during TC. In Season 6, Olivia S. was cut at finals with no explanation, Johanna Liad retired before finals because she was pregnant, and Kaitlyn LeGrand was cut at the end of TC.

5 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think Danielle looks incredible!! All three do...ahhh gonna miss them :( 

Sorry if this sounds mean, but it looks to me like her lower stomach is really round and is protruding over her shorts (which was visible from a side-view).  It's also visible on the picture dccfan37 posted above.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Am I completely blanking out or were there not any real problem girls who made it from this year's rookie class? In the past, people like Kat and Ashley Pro were already on the radar (on this board) for potential cuts, and Caila and Breelan for weight and partying (in Calia's case). I guess Kelsey comes the closest as someone who was called into the office multiple times, but I can't think of anyone else who made it after really struggling through training camp. Some issues may have arisen through the year, including whatever happened with Selina, but it would be nice to see all of the veterans make it back for once. 

1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Am I completely blanking out or were there not any real problem girls who made it from this year's rookie class? In the past, people like Kat and Ashley Pro were already on the radar (on this board) for potential cuts, and Caila and Breelan for weight and partying (in Calia's case). I guess Kelsey comes the closest as someone who was called into the office multiple times, but I can't think of anyone else who made it after really struggling through training camp. Some issues may have arisen through the year, including whatever happened with Selina, but it would be nice to see all of the veterans make it back for once. 

I agree, Kelsey would be the closest to  one that may be on the bubble if she didn't improve. Selina maybe if they feel like she doesn't have the right fit like they did season six with Ann Lux. Someone could always pop up at auditions with a weight problem, that's hard to predict. The last time every veteran made it back was season 5. Good times. 

I can't remember if season 6 or season 7 had a bigger rookie class, but seeing as how 5 vets didn't make it back season 7, that rookie class was large and loaded with talent. Crazy how Danielle, Jenna, and Jessica are the only ones left. I wonder if Chelsea wasn't cut if she would still be here. Kelli once said could be a 50 yard line girl. 

The fact that the last time all veterans made it back was Season 5 shows that they're taking too many one hit wonders. As much as I love to root for people, if there's going to potentially be a huge rookie class I hope they only take the ones that they truly think will shine and return. Even if they have to have a smaller squad, these "give em a chance" rookies are getting old. 

All of that said, Kelsey please make it back! :P

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I agree, Kelsey would be the closest to  one that may be on the bubble if she didn't improve. Selina maybe if they feel like she doesn't have the right fit like they did season six with Ann Lux. Someone could always pop up at auditions with a weight problem, that's hard to predict. The last time every veteran made it back was season 5. Good times. 

I can't remember if season 6 or season 7 had a bigger rookie class, but seeing as how 5 vets didn't make it back season 7, that rookie class was large and loaded with talent. Crazy how Danielle, Jenna, and Jessica are the only ones left. I wonder if Chelsea wasn't cut if she would still be here. Kelli once said could be a 50 yard line girl. 

Ann Lux was a favorite of mine. She got out trying for her 3rd year?

9 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

The fact that the last time all veterans made it back was Season 5 shows that they're taking too many one hit wonders. As much as I love to root for people, if there's going to potentially be a huge rookie class I hope they only take the ones that they truly think will shine and return. Even if they have to have a smaller squad, these "give em a chance" rookies are getting old. 

All of that said, Kelsey please make it back! :P

I'd have to disagree. Even if they are only a DCC for a year they're still good enough to have made it. I can't feel bad for people like Breelan, Ashley Pro, Morgan Jordan, Alyssa Torres who only made it one year, they were still good enough to be called a DCC.

• Love 1

Ann lux tried out in season 4 and didn't make it, again in seasons 5 and 6 and made it, but there was drama for her in season 6. They thought maybe her heart wasn't in it and she was more reserved than the other girls. She cheered for 2 years. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
1 minute ago, LaurelleJ said:

Ann lux tried out in season 4 and didn't make it, again in seasons 5 and 6 and made it, but there was drama for her in season 6. They thought maybe her heart wasn't in it and she was more reserved than the other girls. She cheered for 2 years. 

That's what I thought. I don't remember her auditioning in season 4 though. They might have not featured her...to my memory.

29 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Sorry if this sounds mean, but it looks to me like her lower stomach is really round and is protruding over her shorts (which was visible from a side-view).  It's also visible on the picture dccfan37 posted above.

This. I really like Danielle, but she's looking like me in the midsection, not a DCC.

• Love 1
Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

This. I really like Danielle, but she's looking like me in the midsection, not a DCC.

I hear ya...gotta start getting my ass out of bed early again and actually DO SOMETHING!!! :(