Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

40 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

It makes you look like a carrot. No bueno.

haha if you pick that shade, agreed!  I am super pale and when I get a spray tan (very light) I look ten pounds thinner.  But not worth the streaking when you sweat :-P 

• Love 1

I voted Danielle, Jessica and Stephanie. Stephanie is so pretty when she doesn't do her weird eyebrow raise thing and I feel like she always gets forgotten about. I'd LOVE Danielle or Jessica to get it. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, JC123 said:

I voted Danielle, Jessica and Stephanie. Stephanie is so pretty when she doesn't do her weird eyebrow raise thing and I feel like she always gets forgotten about. I'd LOVE Danielle or Jessica to get it. 

Hey, we picked the same 3, for the same reasons, too :)

• Love 2

For some reason I think this will be Jinelle's final season with the DCC, especially WHEN the Cowboys win the Super Bowl (as they will).  

Therefore, for her obvious devotion (Show Group, Camps, USO Tours, Charity Visits) to the organization, and generally positive vibes, I vote #1 Jinelle, #2 Danielle (she is wonderful, but never participates in Show Group or Camps), and #3 Jennifer (who really should get it for her leadership, devotion, and top of the Star position).

• Love 1
19 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I voted Danielle, Jessica. and Jinelle and am wondering with my multiple addresses just how many times I can get away with voting. I have four e-mails, what do you ladies think should I use them all?

I was able to use all 3 of mine.

How much our votes are going to determine who gets it?  Is it like the Fan Vote for a spot in TC?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

How much our votes are going to determine who gets it?  Is it like the Fan Vote for a spot in TC?

I would think it would “help” determine who is chosen. J, K and the squad really make the decision (I think).  Dalgal214, can you elaborate?

Tonight is the Christmas halftime show and my DD is performing with the DCC! She got to chat with some of the girls (Milan, Melissa, Jinelle) during practice this week. Judy was there but she only talked to the coach. She said everyone was very nice.

• Love 7

I don't think our vote defines who goes, it's just used as extra sugar on top for whoever the team and K&J pick, that being said I truly hope they announce it tonight considering the vote is still open. Four more hours though, we'll see. I wish they would show us the announcement like they have in the past. The Miami Dolphins had a net reveal where they waited until the game and projected it on the board. It was nice to see the reaction of the girl during the game.

• Love 3

So did I miss a PBC announcement?? Doesn't look like they've announced it yet...? 

I have to say, from all the pics and clips I've seen from yesterday's performance, the girls look great! I was especially impressed with how Melissa looked in her clips as game day girl - she looks fit and beautiful! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

UGH!  they still haven't announced it yet???  What's taking so long!

Probably want to give more time for the fan vote, it was only up a few days before the game. Still, they should have had that up ahead of time. Poor girl will only have a month notice. 

• Love 1

I voted for Jessica, Danielle and Jenn. I hope Jessica gets it. I won't go into details, but she has really stepped up this season. She has always been a good cheerleader and fell in line, but has really showed her leadership skills this year. She's a true DCC through and through. I would be happy for Danielle, Jenn or any other girl to be selected, but I feel that Jessica really has gone the extra mile or #beyond what was maybe expected of her.

• Love 7

Most of the comments on the recent instagram post were all about Holly. Wouldn't be surprised if she gets the popular vote, but I'd prefer if K&J chose more of a vet.

1 hour ago, dalgal214 said:

I voted for Jessica, Danielle and Jenn. I hope Jessica gets it. I won't go into details, but she has really stepped up this season. She has always been a good cheerleader and fell in line, but has really showed her leadership skills this year. She's a true DCC through and through. I would be happy for Danielle, Jenn or any other girl to be selected, but I feel that Jessica really has gone the extra mile or #beyond what was maybe expected of her.

I love her.  She has always been a bit under the radar, to me anyway.  I voted for Danielle first (I’m a Long Island gal myself) but Jessica was second.  I think she is awesome.

• Love 3

K&J know who is going already I am sure -- the vote is simply email collection for marketing purposes for both them and their sponsors.

If, and a big if, anyone goes anyway. It would not be surprising if no one goes if the Cowboys end up going to the Super Bowl. I can't see them sending a group leader or show group member to Orlando for a week when they are prepping for Super Bowl.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

K&J know who is going already I am sure -- the vote is simply email collection for marketing purposes for both them and their sponsors.

If, and a big if, anyone goes anyway. It would not be surprising if no one goes if the Cowboys end up going to the Super Bowl. I can't see them sending a group leader or show group member to Orlando for a week when they are prepping for Super Bowl.

Maybe that's why they're holding off on telling us? Who knows.

I have been MIA for a while because of school but is there a reason there's a limit on the number of cheerleaders in the Super Bowl? Besides just travel expenses? And tbh I have to confess that if it's the Pats in the SB I'll be supporting them over the Cowboys anyday. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, sunwave said:

I have been MIA for a while because of school but is there a reason there's a limit on the number of cheerleaders in the Super Bowl? Besides just travel expenses? And tbh I have to confess that if it's the Pats in the SB I'll be supporting them over the Cowboys anyday. 

NFL rules only allow so many people on the field, and there are a whole lot more media, VIP, etc. on the field, so less room for a ton of cheerleaders.

I would assume they would have all the girls there and just rotate them throughout the game so everyone gets a chance at being on the field during the Super Bowl. The restriction is simply on the field, due to the extra crowded sidelines for the SB. That gives the girls time to go to the locker room, rest, primp their hair/make-up and then rotate back on the field.

There's a snippet of the Holiday Halftime on the DCC Facebook page and HOLY jiggle, Melissa. I know she has struggled with her weight as a DCC and was probably the reason why she was never taken into training camp or noticed prior to when she first made it in a few years back, so I feel for her. Megan had pudge and muffin top, too. It's sad to see such amazing dancers put their spot on the team in jeopardy...

15 minutes ago, homelife said:

There's a snippet of the Holiday Halftime on the DCC Facebook page and HOLY jiggle, Melissa. I know she has struggled with her weight as a DCC and was probably the reason why she was never taken into training camp or noticed prior to when she first made it in a few years back, so I feel for her. Megan had pudge and muffin top, too. It's sad to see such amazing dancers put their spot on the team in jeopardy...

I didn't see any jiggle or pudge from Melissa, Megan, Holly or anybody in that clip. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, homelife said:

Melissa has always looked puffy to me only because she has a shorter torso and it makes a pound look like five versus Lacey of Erica. I won't beat the dead horse with Megan.

• Love 3

The DD had an amazing experience dancing in the holiday halftime show with the DCC yesterday. She came away very impressed with their work ethic and skills. Her team danced the last two minutes, doing the same routine as the DCC, except for the kickline. They looked really good! She got some good pictures before the game but so far I haven't found any action shots online.

I thought the DCC looked great in person. They danced really clean and strong. Looking at the big screen from below--yes, it made them look bigger than they really are but I didn't think anyone looked heavy at all. I do think there were one or two girls that didn't look their prettiest on the big screen, unfortunately.

The game was very exciting, too, LOL.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

@dalgal214 are you alluding to the way in which Jessica handled the emotional outburst of one of the four rookies (Cersten, Kelsey, Selina, Tasha) in Group 4 earlier this season?  Was it you who wrote about that incident, or someone else?  I have since thought that it was likely not Cersten or Tasha who had the post-practice meltdown, as both of them have subsequently gone on to be Gems of the Week, an honor I assume you don't get as a rookie unless you are "flawless".  

I did notice that rookies Kelsey and Selina have each missed at least one special routine or halftime show this year, for some reason or another.  So perhaps you are referring to the fact that Jessica has had to make several last-minute adjustments to her Group's formations?  

That said, the DCC Twitter feed (I think it is there) recently featured a video of Group 4 doing a pre-game runthrough of one their routines, and all the girls were perfect!  So perhaps you mean that Jessica has worked very hard with the strugglers in her Group to get their game together.

Whatever you mean by your statement that "she has gone the extra mile", it is nice to hear your insight about Jessica, because she flies below the radar most of the time.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I didn't see any jiggle or pudge from Melissa, Megan, Holly or anybody in that clip. 

i didn't see the clip in question but every time i've seen melissa recently she honestly has looked fabulous to me and i have been hard on her before.  she has also seemed more photogenic.  Megan i never see in clips! do they purposely not show her? 

4 hours ago, California Girl said:

@dalgal214 are you alluding to the way in which Jessica handled the emotional outburst of one of the four rookies (Cersten, Kelsey, Selina, Tasha) in Group 4 earlier this season?  Was it you who wrote about that incident, or someone else?  I have since thought that it was likely not Cersten or Tasha who had the post-practice meltdown, as both of them have subsequently gone on to be Gems of the Week, an honor I assume you don't get as a rookie unless you are "flawless".  

I did notice that rookies Kelsey and Selina have each missed at least one special routine or halftime show this year, for some reason or another.  So perhaps you are referring to the fact that Jessica has had to make several last-minute adjustments to her Group's formations?  

That said, the DCC Twitter feed (I think it is there) recently featured a video of Group 4 doing a pre-game runthrough of one their routines, and all the girls were perfect!  So perhaps you mean that Jessica has worked very hard with the strugglers in her Group to get their game together.

Whatever you mean by your statement that "she has gone the extra mile", it is nice to hear your insight about Jessica, because she flies below the radar most of the time.

+1 to this!! I love hearing some insight into girls that don't get as much 'glory.'  I have liked Jessica since her rookie year when she was like "thank you for noticing i've been working hard! i really am!" and just seemed so genuinely grateful.  And whatever issues she had with her group, I agree with the above - they have been looking awesome and they all seem to get along wonderfully now.  I would not be mad if she got PB or vet of the year. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

PBC will be announced December 26th!

I have to work that day, and I was kind bummed just cause so does my husband (he works nights) so I wasn't really going to see him for my birthday at all but YAY now I have a little something fun to look forward to! Happy birthday to me! 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I don't remember hearing about this meltdown.  What happened?

From what I remember a rookie in group four had a meltdown or some screaming match and Jessica had to write that person up. It wasn't Cersten and people speculate between Selena and Kelsey. Selena missed a game due to injury and rumor was that Kelsey missed a game, but @ShellyB said she didn't. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

From what I remember a rookie in group four had a meltdown or some screaming match and Jessica had to write that person up. It wasn't Cersten and people speculate between Selena and Kelsey. Selena missed a game due to injury and rumor was that Kelsey missed a game, but @ShellyB said she didn't. 

lol Tasha was actually my guess since USUALLY on one on one appearances they try to mix looks up (like a blonde with brunette, etc.) if possible.  Again, that's not set in stone but they often try.  Anyway...whoever it was or whatever that issue was, seems to be all good now and Jessica seems very sweet and supportive of ALL her rookies (at least on social media).