Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I thought Holly and Emma were on either side of Mia the year she was point?

Maybe it wasn't always set...this doesn't look like holly though on the right lol: 

image8.jpg

2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Maybe it wasn't always set...this doesn't look like holly though on the right lol: 

image8.jpg

Yeah I guess that was Jackie. She retired the same year as Mia so she didn't get to move up. I would've sworn Holly was further up. Hard to keep track. I do remember thinking that Emma would be point for sure though.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:05 AM, LaurenBrook said:

I THINK Erica's IG is private so I won't post link to it on her IG, but she attended a Michelle Keys class last night (taught by Grace Sells) and holy crap, she is hands down my favorite DCC and in my opinion the best dancer/performer.  I usually love Jenna and Jessica and even Caila but I could not stop watching Erica.  She is incredible.  Glad to see she is not injured!! 

Wow ... I didn't know she was that talented as dancer.  She's very fluid and everything just flows but is clean (unlike Kat where it flows but in a weak ehhhhhh sort of way).  She's also of course beautiful to look at.  Hope she gets more tv time this year!  Caila looks really soft.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:16 AM, Elizabeth9 said:

LOVE Kashara!  She's just adorable.  

Someone mentioned it in another thread, but it seems more relevant here. So curious about Jacie.  I mean, the girl was heir apparent for the DCC Queen.  All she had to do this year was show up...

yeah I'm super curious about the "next chapter" in her life!  I don't think she's getting married so not sure what it is.  She literally would have had everything handed to her on a silver DCC platter

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:52 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

@DCC_Kelsey is at the Ky Derby....anyone heard or seen if any of the other ladies are there?

Love her hat and her dress ... but dang, that dress is tight.  If I wore that, I would've split it in seams lol!

59 minutes ago, Dopeydwarf said:

What is the name of the type of pants Erica is wearing in that video above??  They are awesome.

I think harem pants? But I'm not the authority, heh.

I'm also gonna chime in and say Jenn K for point girl :) with maybe Erica and Jenna either side? To be fair any one of them could be point girl because they're all amazing dancers. But I have noticed all the PR they've been doing in the last week Jenn has been front and centre so who knows! I wish they'd do a little announcement with it like they do with the calendars and group leaders that would be so lovely to watch :) 

erica is wearing harems :) I look like the genie from Aladdin if I try and wear them Hahahah 

• Love 2

In the video that Michelle Keys posted, I can't tell but I think a few girls are missing. 

1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

Is the "point girl" thing just for that dance they do at pregame? Or is it for everything?

I think it's usually everything the whole squad performs and the point girl is usually in show group as well.

I haven't been following the show too long, so I don't know, but...how long are girls point? Like if (when) Jenn K gets it this year, will she get it next year too? Or do they switch it up every year?

If Jenn gets it this year, she's more likely to do it for two years like Holly unless she retires after this year.

I know it isn't the DCC way of doing things, but I wish they would take seniority into account. Like have a 5 year girl as point, or have more senior girls doing promos. I wonder how the girls feel about it...

Honestly the 5 year girls that are left are not that great dancers besides Jenna. Danielle and Jessica are just "good" dancers. Jenna's probably too short to be point.

59 minutes ago, caligirl50 said:

Something better probably came along for her. 

Wha!  Nothing is better than DCC lol... you gotta drink the Kool-Aid!  lol.

I would love it if she announced what her next big thing is ... I know she doesn't have to and it's none of my business etc etc but so curious!

• Love 2

I thought they got to at least keep their boots. There must be some big storage facility that holds all these uniforms. Always wondered what they did with the uniforms from girls cut @TC and never auditioned again. Do they burn the ones from the scandalous girls (Sintia, Jennifer Mcmahon, Carla) ?

So I realise Holly P and Sam Finglass are friends.. but are they the same age? Holly looks so much more mature than her, facially. 

Also someone said Holly is studying.. do we know what? No real reason, I'm just nosey!

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I thought they got to at least keep their boots. There must be some big storage facility that holds all these uniforms. Always wondered what they did with the uniforms from girls cut @TC and never auditioned again. Do they burn the ones from the scandalous girls (Sintia, Jennifer Mcmahon, Carla) ?

I was watching a video on youtube the other day that was REALLY old and they had a closet inside of Valley Ranch, in the dance room that stored their uniforms. They called it the "uniform closet" lol

12 minutes ago, BritFan said:

So I realise Holly P and Sam Finglass are friends.. but are they the same age? Holly looks so much more mature than her, facially. 

Also someone said Holly is studying.. do we know what? No real reason, I'm just nosey!

I think Holly is one year older...she started college classes this past fall. What she is studying or where, no idea. 

I just tried to creep on her facebook to see if maybe it said it on there which it doesn't. She has some nice behind the scenes shots of the calendar shoot though. I also did find out she's a Kitty favorite.

12 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I just tried to creep on her facebook to see if maybe it said it on there which it doesn't. She has some nice behind the scenes shots of the calendar shoot though. I also did find out she's a Kitty favorite.

Where does it say that?

2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Where does it say that?

She shared a video Kitty did of her and the caption was something like "SOMEONEEEE came to work" or something like that. It was one of michelle key's classes.

Holly graduated high school one year before Sam Finglass. No idea of their factual birthdates. Sometimes homeschool kids finish early and sometimes kids with fall birthdays wait a year to go to school school. It's probably safe to say they were born about a year apart. Holly just looks really mature feature wise and hair wise

Holly's birthday is Jan 30th (I was scrolling through her facebook earlier to find out where she went to college and came across her birthday posts lol)

I remember people who tried out again were given their original uniform back to try on.  One girl had lost weight and they noticed how good she looked.  I wonder if they could buy their own uniforms back at the garage sale they had??  Anyone know??

1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

I remember people who tried out again were given their original uniform back to try on.  One girl had lost weight and they noticed how good she looked.  I wonder if they could buy their own uniforms back at the garage sale they had??  Anyone know??

Pretty sure someone said no uniforms were for sale. I don't think anyone gets to keep a uniform.

Have any DCC's made a career of dance after they left, not as a dance teacher but something on stage? As a professional dancer for a living.

There are lots of dancers I think are brilliant.. you probably know by now I adore Kat's dancing.. But of all the DCC's Holly P is the one I can really imagine dancing as a career.

I think that is why I was curious as to what she is studying, I remember she said she had got a scholarship for AMDA but I don't know if/how long she studied there.

I'd love to message her and ask, but figure DCC's must have enough crazy stalkers bothering them.. without some weird Brit bothering her too lol!

17 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I think Holly P's body type would hurt her chances for pro dancing.   Of recent/current girls, Lacey probably has a better chance at being a pro dancer.

I think it would depend on what she did. 

I'm sure she would be good enough to go into a contemporary dance company.. or maybe a stage show? 

Ship her to the UK I'm sure she'd find work here when she's finished with DCC! ?

I wonder if she will do something different though. 

I'd love to see her do some Fosse choreography.

She's a good dancer, but there are many artistic directors who would cut her for her short legs and not care how she danced.  The unproportionally large breasts and short neck she has don't help either.    Not being mean, but that's how the dance world can be - people care what your body looks like.  It's even more important than if you have a pretty face or not.

• Love 1

Maybe things are a bit different in the UK. I work in the theatre and dance world a fair bit and see girls of all shapes and sizes. 

Even in The Royal Ballet they have a lot of diversity. From tiny boyish girls to some quite tall and busty.

In the theatre there seems to be a place for most shapes and sizes too.

• Love 1

Not sure if this is right thread or if this has been covered already but does anyone have any further intel on the logistics of training camp? I have so many questions! :) Do Kelli and Judy watch them every night, or are evaluations only once a week? Rehearsals are several hours long - assume the group leaders take lead for most of the night and K and J come in at end? Where do the assistants like Shelly Bramhall and Shelly Roper McCaslin come in? I assume beyond the social media training they also get media trained on how to answer tough or obnoxious questions from fans or reporters - would love to see that! 

Ok just looking at pictures on the girls' IGs from last finals day and saw this one Lacey put up...OMG...not sure how I missed it last year but I'm dying!!...she is hilarious!! Definitely one of my favorite DCCs!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Something about Danielle makes me feel like she's too cool for school (or so she thinks).  I agree with Kitty that she's more interested in flipping her hair than anything.

Bummed Mary is retiring ... she really had such a nice unique look

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Ok just looking at pictures on the girls' IGs from last finals day and saw this one Lacey put up...OMG...not sure how I missed it last year but I'm dying!!...she is hilarious!! Definitely one of my favorite DCCs!

Hahaha that's amazing. I need to start using Instagram more so I can get to know the girls more. Seems like that's where their personalities come out the most in terms of social media platforms.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Hahaha that's amazing. I need to start using Instagram more so I can get to know the girls more. Seems like that's where their personalities come out the most in terms of social media platforms.

Love following the girls on instagram! :) don't really use Twitter that much