Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

What was with the tiny little Trey (who seemed ultra-gay) suing his giant, sometime-slag-with-benefits (which creates a visual I need to scrub out of my brain) for... I have no idea what. Def. showed up late for the show because it seems the change in time zone from east to west coast confused the shit out of her, but since she admitted a DUI, I think she probably got drunk with her wee consort and couldn't haul ass out of bed. Anyway, JJ smelled a scam of some sort and kicked both of them out.  It was just too twee that they colour-coordinated their ensembles though.

• Love 6

Today's roommates with benefits -- when JJ dismissed the case, plaintiff looked toward defendant with an expression that said "Can you believe our plan didn't work?!"  Plaintiff was suing for rent and a car loan.

Plaintiff and defendant worked for the same company.  Plaintiff had just split up with her husband, and defendant moved in with her.  Def. was supposed to pay $500/month rent, which she apparently did for a couple months.  Then defendant got sick, couldn't work, stopped paying.  At some point, defendant moved out.  Plaintiff is currently out of work and being supported by Bird.   After JJ listened to them try to explain their life choices, she was Done.

It looked like JJ based her decision on their relationship as a couple, that it wasn't realistic to insist on payment from someone you'd been sleeping with -- so plaintiff was lying.  Not sure what she was lying about, but she was lying. 

• Love 1

Is it unusual for JJ to ask the children of litigants to leave? Because she asked the daughter of this plaintiff how old she is, and when the girl said she was sixteen, Her Honor said she thought the girl should leave. I've never seen that before. Also, the plaintiff's name is Jinky Montiel, which keeps making me laugh whenever the captioning show it.

• Love 2

JJ often asks Byrd to take the children out, unless they are victims or witnesses.  Otherwise mommy/daddy can train them what to say and so endear themselves to a judge.  But not Our Judy.  Having spent so many years in family court, I'm sure she wants to spare the kiddos what their loopy parents are up to.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

JJ often asks Byrd to take the children out, unless they are victims or witnesses.  Otherwise mommy/daddy can train them what to say and so endear themselves to a judge.  But not Our Judy.  Having spent so many years in family court, I'm sure she wants to spare the kiddos what their loopy parents are up to.

What pissed me off was this entitled little girl just HAD to spew some of her rehearsed testimony.  I WILL be heard!  Gah!

• Love 5

I figured JJ kicked the kid out because she suspected that Jinky (oh, what a name) was going to earn a mega smackdown and she prefers not to have kids watching when she does that. That whole phone recording - everything she said sounded like she was doing it for a prospective court case, not real spur of the moment complaints to the landlord. Even in LA $4400 will get you a place to live. 

I am so sure that a U-haul guy will take your household junk in lieu of payment. More like "Call goodwill, lady, I don't have time for this."

And OMG I was cracking up at her litany of what the def called her, because she'd already demonstrated most of it was true!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Jamoche said:

I figured JJ kicked the kid out because she suspected that Jinky (oh, what a name) was going to earn a mega smackdown and she prefers not to have kids watching when she does that. That whole phone recording - everything she said sounded like she was doing it for a prospective court case, not real spur of the moment complaints to the landlord. Even in LA $4400 will get you a place to live. 

I am so sure that a U-haul guy will take your household junk in lieu of payment. More like "Call goodwill, lady, I don't have time for this."

And OMG I was cracking up at her litany of what the def called her, because she'd already demonstrated most of it was true!

I thought Jinky was not going to win anything, until the video, when Def kept up with the "What proof do you have you paid?"   It almost sounded a little too "nanny nanny boo boo" to me, so maybe it did to Judy, too.  And I agree - once she said $4400 a month, plus two cars, I think JJ had the kid thrown out to avoid seeing the potential smackdown.  That woman made no sense. Why did she move?  With what funds? Or  plan?  Rent a driveway to have 3 (or 2, or 4, depending) kids sleep in the car?  And in a different hotel every night for a month?  Is the mob after her?  Loony tunes. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Is it unusual for JJ to ask the children of litigants to leave? Because she asked the daughter of this plaintiff how old she is, and when the girl said she was sixteen, Her Honor said she thought the girl should leave. I've never seen that before. Also, the plaintiff's name is Jinky Montiel, which keeps making me laugh whenever the captioning show it.

I always assumed she sent the kids out just because they are kids, they don’t need to hear the drama. Unless the case is relevant &  has something to do with the underage kid , otherwise the adult children usually get to stay. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I don't think Jinky should have been awarded anything.  Sleaze-ball behavior, setting up this thing.

Yeah, I agree, I think it was a set up... OTOH as the tape was playing and defendant was asking "where's your receipt?" As Jinky as insisting she had paid the  $700 - no, that seemed more like defendant WAS paid, but knew Jinky had no way to prove it.

But, oh my, Jinky sure had a lot of crap for someone claiming she met defendant while looking for driveway space to live in! 

• Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:13 PM, basiltherat said:

Having spent so many years in family court, I'm sure she wants to spare the kiddos what their loopy parents are up to.

She also wants to spare them hearing their parents being ripped a new one and being made to look like the fools they are.

3 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Ms Shabarbara needs to stop making that face .

The haughty ducklips, along with the eye rolling was too much. I wish I had her self-confidence.  Ducklips or not, the woman was hideous, even for a jailbird... oh, sorry - I mean, an incarcerated person, to hook up with.

I can't remember anything about Jinky but I know what I'll be naming my next pet.

The repeat of the Stiffs - talk about poor life choices. Anyway, the ex-Mrs. Stiff inherits 90,000$, blows it all on who knows what, and now Byrd has to support her because she's disabled with a disability that didn't stop her from engaging in some ridiculous physical altercation with Mr. Stiff, who needed a half-million dollar house he can't afford and who has a daughter, who is a grown woman, living there and paying nothing and merely does "chores" to earn her keep. Fetching the water? Beating the clothes down at the river, milking the cows, baking bread and filling the oil lamps? All nuts, they are.

• Love 8

Yesterday's case with plaintiff wanting money back from a painter -- I'm not sure how I feel about JJ's decision.  Plaintiff went for a low bid on the work (I think it was around $4K) from a man who painted as a side job.  High bids were in the $6K range. 

Plaintiff didn't like the work and ended up hiring another painter.  The defendant admitted that he (his crew) didn't do a good job, but that didn't matter to JJ, because plaintiff ended up spending about the same amount of money to get the job done.  She wasn't "out" any money so JJ awarded her nothing.

So there are no consequences to defendant for doing a crap job.  He gets to keep what he was paid.  ??  I think JJ just didn't like the plaintiff.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

Yesterday's case with plaintiff wanting money back from a painter -- I'm not sure how I feel about JJ's decision.  Plaintiff went for a low bid on the work (I think it was around $4K) from a man who painted as a side job.  High bids were in the $6K range. 

Plaintiff didn't like the work and ended up hiring another painter.  The defendant admitted that he (his crew) didn't do a good job, but that didn't matter to JJ, because plaintiff ended up spending about the same amount of money to get the job done.  She wasn't "out" any money so JJ awarded her nothing.

So there are no consequences to defendant for doing a crap job.  He gets to keep what he was paid.  ??  I think JJ just didn't like the plaintiff.

I thought she paid the first guy $2K up front. Then she found a guy who finished the job for $3K.  She wanted the money back that she paid to guy #1.  JJ was trying to explain to the plaintiff that she was already ahead in the game, paying $5K for a job that would have cost her in the high $6K range.

• Love 2

Regarding the baby ashes case: I am so glad to hear that defendant's son won't be like dad. How can she tell? He plays soccer! Whew! What a relief! I didn't know that playing soccer would guarantee a decent, productive kid. This case made me so sad. I don't even want to dissect the rest of it. Trash + trash = trash. 

• Love 14
On 5/18/2016 at 2:31 PM, Brattinella said:

So, I didn't understand much about the horse issue.  She kept referring to the plaintiff as the defendant.  Who bought or LEASED a horse?  She only paid $100, right?  So, the balance of $1400 would be the remaining payments, right?  Why was the plaintiff so agitated?  She looked like she was having a stroke, and the defendant couldn't stop giggling.  What the hell did I miss here?

Hi, would you like to know exactly what happened in that situation and why I fell apart? Firstly I broke down because of the stress and the shock of realizing that the producers had lured me in believing the case would be about the fraud and then finding out at the last minute that they had included her counterclaim and made it about the money. I don't care about the money, what I do care about is that people are using animals to scam other people.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, marleyfan said:

I thought she paid the first guy $2K up front. Then she found a guy who finished the job for $3K.  She wanted the money back that she paid to guy #1.  JJ was trying to explain to the plaintiff that she was already ahead in the game, paying $5K for a job that would have cost her in the high $6K range.

You explain it better than I did -- and I do get that plaintiff came out okay -- but defendant was still paid for a crappy job.  Maybe I just don't understand the concept of equity. 

12 minutes ago, Salzburger Madl said:

Hi, would you like to know exactly what happened in that situation and why I fell apart? Firstly I broke down because of the stress and the shock of realizing that the producers had lured me in believing the case would be about the fraud and then finding out at the last minute that they had included her counterclaim and made it about the money. I don't care about the money, what I do care about is that people are using animals to scam other people.

I'm sorry you had to go through that!  That is terrible!

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Salzburger Madl said:

3 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I'm sorry you had to go through that!  That is terrible!

What is terrible is how often animals are abused like this and end up being sent to slaughter. 

• Love 3

Can someone please recap the baby ashes case? If it's worth it, that is.  Just saw the tail end, and noted the giant (but attractive!) necklace that covered a tattoo.

Saw the wacky friends who moved in, then out, because of the bratty daughter.  Me thinks a little more than "bratty."  Sheesh.

Couple of interesting landlord/tenant cases today, where different sides prevailed in the cases.  We charge "per hole" in the walls (according to the lease), mainly to discourage leaving lots of them.  Of course, if they are reasonable, no worries. We also have in the lease for lightbulbs, which JJ probably wouldn't appreciate, but after you've had people take EVERY SINGLE bulb in a house, it gets pretty pricey, and is a pretty crappy thing to do. Of course, that's also usually just the evictees... And there is LOTS of  eviction notice given:  A 3-day "Notice to quit", then if they aren't out, you have to file in court, then GO to court, and then the judge issues a "be out by x number of days" order.  Could have been 24-hours, but I doubt it, and they for sure  knew it was coming.  And they countersued?!?! 

Shebarbara the other day!  Cracked me up.  Too funny. Soooo many possible good screenshots to create memes with! (or mimi-s!!!!)

In other news...

Regarding JJ and her, "Does your grown child pay rent? Why not?!" rants:  That sounds reasonable, UNTIL you recall the case a while back where a grown child was one of the litigants (plaintiff? def?  don't remember), and JJ was all about, "If your grown child pays rent, then you can't have RULES because they are now a paying tenant."   So my grown son does not pay rent, but he has "chores" and is expected to do things to maintain our home instead.  Because if he's a rent-paying tenant, apparently, I can't make him clean his room, the bathroom, mow the grass, change my oil, etc.  And we can kick him to the curb if the need ever arises.

Sometimes this show renews my faith I humanity, and other times, it sends me into a tail-spin the other way.

• Love 3

Mr. Green and the elderly lady are from Phoenix, so I recognized the names of the streets right away.  Tickled me when JJ was reading the police report and said "Vehicle 2 was westbound on Cholla."  JJ pronounced it the way it looks, but it's a Hispanic word pronounced "Choy-ya."  Thirty years ago, I would have been JJ.  LOL.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

What’s the deal with Joseph Piskala (?) 

Just watched that. The very angry, glowering and emphatic Joe Piskata (or Piskala) looked like someone from a bad TV show and appeared to be wearing a suit that he borrowed from someone who outweighed him by about 75 lbs. He's just another idiot like we've seen before here, who starts working on property he does not own. He's not a charity! He wants to get paid for work he did on his own volition with no contract for compensation ever even spoken of and it's not happening. I've put in offers on property before in my life and not once did I so much as mow the lawn on any of those homes before the deal was signed, sealed and delivered. I wonder what Joe meant in the hall when he said it's not over? Da-da-DUM.

• Love 4

That guy sure was tightly wound.  Also stooped.  No one buys or attempts to buy property without enough paperwork to choke a horse.

Famous' wimmens need to stop breeding and/or Famous needs to be fixed.  Byrd asks pretty please.

I did not know that the show has an in-house lawyer that will settle double-payee check cashing, etc.  How much of a hoot would it be to have THAT job?!

• Love 8
21 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Can someone please recap the baby ashes case? If it's worth it, that is.  Just saw the tail end, and noted the giant (but attractive!) necklace that covered a tattoo.

Well, let's see. Dude by the name of Famous has multiple babies by at least two women. These two women feud and fuss over who Mister Famous will live with between his many jailhouse stints (definitely possible Famous goes out and gets himself arrested just to get away from these two). 1 of them is a "student" and is apparently under doctor's orders "NOT"  to work. She hasn't worked for so long she can't remember when she last had an actual full time job. Ah, but she does have a car, which Mister Famous uses to run errands and gives folks a ride... seems Mr Famous also hasn't had any gainful employment in... forever... so when not in jail he supports himself doing "odd jobs." Second baby momma claims to be the exception - she says she works - as a caregiver for the elderly. Oh, the horrors, says JJ, just the thought of this woman, who proves to us just how vile and Illiterate she is in texts/FB posts - thankfully we are just given a quick glance at a message with many many passages blurred out. Anyway, plaintiff is the student baby momma, who has a long list of grievances she wishes to pursue - JJ tells her she'll only listen to three. First two quickly thrown out, and #3 is someone broke in through her window to steal her baby's ashes, but later returned and left the ashes on the porch. Defendant is quick to point out that she's  a BIG girl, no way in hell can she climb through no window. Ok, no proof big defendant broke in, even if it is remotely possible for her to climb in the window (maybe with a crane through a BIG window.) So, all three of plaintiff's three complaints have been dismissed. Next, JJ allows defendant 2 seconds to present her counterclaim. Seems someone, she alleges it was plaintiff, posted nude pictures of her on the internet/FB. (Oh, first horrors and now maybe even nightmares!) Again, nothing to show it was the plaintiff... so of course countersuit tossed.

Ok, final word... WTH was defendant, AKA Big Girl, wearing. I couldn't decide if it was multiple layers of tops or maybe a lacey white wedding dress. I must say the pink bra straps really drew my eye. 《Shudder》

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Mr. Green and the elderly lady are from Phoenix, so I recognized the names of the streets right away.  Tickled me when JJ was reading the police report and said "Vehicle 2 was westbound on Cholla."  JJ pronounced it the way it looks, but it's a Hispanic word pronounced "Choy-ya."  Thirty years ago, I would have been JJ.  LOL.

It was Mr. Granger in the case with the elderly lady (Ms. Strier) who had an accident on Cholla.   He had insurance. Mr. Green was in the other case, an accident in the parking lot, with no insurance. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Bramble said:

It was Mr. Granger in the case with the elderly lady (Ms. Strier) who had an accident on Cholla.   He had insurance. Mr. Green was in the other case, an accident in the parking lot, with no insurance. 

Ah, the parking lot bumper car incident with the lady wearing caterpillars on her eyelids.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Bramble said:

You are absolutely right.  Sorry!

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

she claims to work as a caregiver for the elderly. Oh, the horrors, says JJ, just the thought of this woman, who proves to us just how vile and Illiterate she is in texts/FB posts

OH, good. I thought we might be on the precipice of breaking a long-standing rule that on this show,  any sort of caretaker/nurse/healthcare worker MUST be violent, brutal and/or totally uneducated. Horrors, indeed.

24 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Well, let's see. Dude by the name of Famous has multiple babies by at least two woman. These two woman feud and fuss over who Mister Famous will live with between his many jailhouse stints (definitely possible Famous goes out and gets himself arrested just to get away from these two).

Thanks for the recap. As amusing as you make it sound, the ep. is deleted,unwatched. Same old, same old - baby mommas brawling over incarcerated baby daddies... ho hum. Been there, seen that too many times to count. It's depressing, distasteful and disgusting. I could see that on Springer, which is why I never watch that.

• Love 5

But @AngelaHunter, you missed the challenge of pausing on defendant's "texteses" to plaintiff and trying to decipher what insults had JJ so offended. I swear, this chick used as few letters as possible and whatever she was saying, she was sure enthusiastic about it. Alan Turing had an easier time cracking code during the war than reading this garbage.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

But @AngelaHunter, you missed the challenge of pausing on defendant's "texteses" to plaintiff and trying to decipher what insults had JJ so offended. I swear, this chick used as few letters as possible and whatever she was saying, she was sure enthusiastic about it. Alan Turing had an easier time cracking code during the war than reading this garbage.

All I saw was a quick glimpse of "it is pink", and I didn't want to read anymore.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

. . . and the epic response to why she stays in the relationship  - "Because I looooooove him."

And wasn't she the one who cut the hallterview short because "I've gotta have a cigarette" and ran out!

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

All I saw was a quick glimpse of "it is pink", and I didn't want to read anymore.

That line alone will keep me awake  just imaging the context which within it was written.????

• Love 4

Thanks, @SRTouch!  It's almost like I was there!  My TV info said something about a guy named Famous, and baby ashes, and that was just a little too intriguing.  "Gotta have a cigarette!"  That's a first!   And I agree with Angela, too many baby daddy/Springer-esque cases.  Too many cases today of people trying to get money (and $5000 at that!) for absolutely nothing.  We need some more ebay fraud cases, or crappy wedding/prom dresses.  Or "Fawx" wigs.  That was kind cute.

Interesting custody-type case, with the older gentleman (who seemed to have issues) and big-eyed tween whose children are required to live with the grandma.  Just another sad one. Poor kids. Although, with that gene pool, they  may not know how bad things are.  Yes, I'm a horrible person. Get over that bridge, please!

1 hour ago, Bramble said:

Sure it wasn't Miss Scarlett in the parking lot with the candlestick?

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

And I agree with Angela, too many baby daddy/Springer-esque cases. 

I really don't want to hear about 18-year old stay-at-home moms, dumb, violent people beating the crap out of each other, spitting in each other's face, sending illiterate "texes" or smashing car windows. TPC had a great week, mostly, with tons of interesting contract cases. I watched all of those but only a few JJ cases.

33 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

big-eyed tween whose children are required to live with the grandma.

There was a tween with kids? I'm not nearly as shocked as I should be.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, basiltherat said:

That guy sure was tightly wound.  Also stooped.  No one buys or attempts to buy property without enough paperwork to choke a horse.

Famous' wimmens need to stop breeding and/or Famous needs to be fixed.  Byrd asks pretty please.

I did not know that the show has an in-house lawyer that will settle double-payee check cashing, etc.  How much of a hoot would it be to have THAT job?!

I would apply but I don't want to work that hard anymore, nor do I want to work with the segment of society found in JJ's courtroom. if I wanted that, i would go back to my former job and work as an assistant district attorney. All things considered, I'd rather take my chances with gang banger and attempted murderers.

Edited by jilliannatalia
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

There was a tween with kids? I'm not nearly as shocked as I should be

Don't know that she was REALLY a tween, but she looked like one of those "Big Eyes" characters and very much younger than the guy who LOVED his child! (And who when he mentioned he was petitioning for custody, JJ muttered, "Not a chance." 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

The Famous case also had a comment by plaintiff that her lawyer didn't think she should work -- something about a medical malpractice case related to the baby who died. 

Ah, I may have mixed professions... makes more sense for ambulance chasing lawyer to tell her not to work if she's after a boNANza medical malpractice suit.... not that it sounds like she's EVER worked anyway.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Bramble said:

Mr. Green and the elderly lady are from Phoenix

Just watched that. Ms.Selma was incredible. No, this never happened. She didn't hit him. It's all lies! The police were wrong! She'll deny it to her dying breath. I just love litigants who hit someone, and then say, "I looked all ways. There was no one there. He came out of nowhere!" This must mean that plaintiff's car got dropped into the intersection by... a spaceship? A tornado, a la the Wizard of Oz? And then after he materialized, he somehow aligned his car with hers and hit her on the side.Trust her, no one was there because she couldn't see a large truck right in front of her. This tape should be sent to the DMV and get her license taken away since she is a danger to everyone.

Okay, it's funny, but that people like her are out on the roads with the rest of us is scary. I really feel (yeah, I know JJ doesn't give a rat's ass how I feel) that people who are hit by total assholes who deny any responsibility and make the person who was hit go to the trouble of suing to get what they are owed should merit some punitive damages.

• Love 14