Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

Miss Fischetti can certainly do a bang-up job on her makeup, but my first impression of her was a crouching gargoyle.

Yes, me too.  So sad.

She has quite a few videos on YT. I wasted some time at lunch by looking at a 9 minute one where she and three others are sitting in a car at their kids' ball practice and the older guy told some story about drinking and various drugs and nitrous oxide WHILE AT WORK as he and a crew did finish-out on a dentist office. I think he was the electrician. Nice. 

Edited by Spunkygal
Fixed name for laughing gas...I think.
  • Love 4

OMG that woman saying she was strangled by the defendant. Didn't see that at all, it looked like the plaintiff hit the defendant first. Don't know what strangulation she's talking about. Police mostly arrest the person that struck the first blow plus in police report plaintiff changed her story so see why she isn't believable. Plus plaintiff kept talking and saying she uses a cane to walk, just trying to make herself be the victim in all this and she failed miserably. Had a laugh at her saying she had to hobble over to pick up her phone battery. She's forever milking her victim act.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

She also writes "you're" when she means "your".  English teachers need to spend a lot more time on contractions and possessives.  There, their, they're, its and it's. 

Here in Texas, the most favored pronoun is, 'theirselves."   Agh. Even as a math teacher this drives me bonkers.

45 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Well we had somebody today who 'borrowed' his car to his girlfriend.

and said it over and over and over again...

I'm sorry I missed the artist activist case!  Sounds like a doozy!  I do appreciate those of you who fall on the sword of "searching on the internet for more stuff about the dumb litigants."

• Love 4
7 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Ugh, deliver me from 'had came' and 'had gave.'

7 hours ago, NYCFree said:

The lack of correctly spoken English really deframes teachers.

5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

We can do "gaven."

2 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

How about "I gived it to her"...oy. 

Well we had somebody today who 'borrowed' his car to his girlfriend. 

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And was definitely tooken advantage of.

Ya'll are tryna make me historical, aren't you?

• Love 8

I'm sorry I missed the artist activist case!

Here you go. Chrissy has posted this all over YT:

We had something new today! JJ actually came down from the bench to view the Parking Lot Fight video.

Plaintiff uses a cane. She's so disabled by her weight she couldn't stand during the 15 minute case, but had no trouble walking around her car and attempting to strangle the defendant. The most shocking thing was her husband(?) in the hallterview. I have never seen a neck that size since the last time I viewed battling elephant seals on NatGeo.  Those two need to rethink their eating habits if they want to around in the future.

Then we have woman who has 3 kids, no baby daddies, can't pay her rent, evicted from wherever she was living, yet expects to get 5K for her belongings. Whatever. Here's 694$. Now get lost.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Plaintiff uses a cane. She's so disabled by her weight she couldn't stand during the 15 minute case, but had no trouble walking around her car and attempting to strangle the defendant. The most shocking thing was her husband(?) in the hallterview. I have never seen a neck that size since the last time I viewed battling elephant seals on NatGeo.  Those two need to rethink their eating habits if they want to around in the future.

I'm confused about why they were fighting. The girl with the nose ring said that the lady with the cane wanted to take pictures of her for some reason, but I missed the first few minutes and didn't hear why she wanted to take pictures. They were in a parking lot, so did one of them hit the other's car? And yikes at the husband. And the wife, but especially the husband. Y'know, man, lard is not actually a food group.

• Love 4

The very large lady who could not stand in court parked way too close to the defendant's car.  Then, she opened the car door, dinging the defendant's car, THEN squeezed her mass out of the little tiny space, which damaged the door some more!  The defendant was understandably upset, but it was the plaintiff who started the fisticuffs/strangling. I think she wanted to take pictures so she would not look so guilty, maybe?

• Love 4

It's OK Judge Judy, go ahead and call that dune buggy dude shifty. She really had to work to get an answer out of slick. Thought it hilarious that plaintiff wanted her money back to the penny. You know slick knew he was in the wrong, as in the hallterview his only thing was that he offered a $4500 settlement, and she held out for what she paid, $4920.94 ... no word of the defamation, damages, repair costs, shipping etc in his countersuit. 

• Love 3

THEN squeezed her mass out of the little tiny space

Doing that, and then attempting a strangulation takes way more agility and effort then leaning on a podium during the case. I have to think she was sitting down for the "Oh, poor, helpless me!" sympathy factor. Obviously she's never watched this show, or she wouldn't have bothered.

Def was articulate, polite, concise and attractive - very unusual on this show, so I don't know why she would rachet all those qualities down with the troweled-on makeup, nose ring, burgundy wig and those frightful 2", curved fake talons.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

The very large lady who could not stand in court parked way too close to the defendant's car.  Then, she opened the car door, dinging the defendant's car, THEN squeezed her mass out of the little tiny space, which damaged the door some more!  The defendant was understandably upset, but it was the plaintiff who started the fisticuffs/strangling. I think she wanted to take pictures so she would not look so guilty, maybe?

Don't you hate it when that happens. I swear car spaces are shrinking, while why too many people are driving bigger vehicles. Then we have people who can't park in the middle of a space, fling open their door, and, like defendant said, rub their door against your car getting out. (Might have something to do with the number of obese fatties crawling out of cars with minimal ground clearance... and yes I fit in that group of fatties - I open my car door wide to get in and out, but at least I try not to park to close and keep my hand between my door and other cars.)

• Love 4

Don't you guys understand?  Mr. Plaintiff was in the car, too (on the passenger side).  She HAD to park that close to the line on the driver's side so HE could get out on the passenger's side.  And since he said he didn't see much, he was still trying to get out while the kerfuffle was going on.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Don't you guys understand?  Mr. Plaintiff was in the car, too (on the passenger side).  She HAD to park that close to the line on the driver's side so HE could get out on the passenger's side.  And since he said he didn't see much, he was still trying to get out while the kerfuffle was going on.

Oh, man.  I feel so DUH. 

• Love 2

What about the Dune Buggy guy? I never understand what's in the heads of people like him. Apparently he has quite a thriving business and offered to give the plaintiffs 4500$ back. Why on earth he would want to be humiliated and exposed as something of a shifty, oily, evasive crook in front of 10 million people, over $400, I just cannot fathom.

Elizabeth was perfectly right, but totally annoying. I guess she thought JJ just loves it when someone shouts out, "That's a lie!" especially when the litigant is winning.

• Love 4

Hell yeah, Ms Parking Lot "Handicapped" Beatdown giver was a scam artist. She was WAILING on that poor woman. Was not her first time at the civil suit rodeo, I assume you of that. So much for needing a cane to get around. What a deplorable human being. I loved how she she keep wanting JJ to look at her medical records and JJ was having none of it. Fuck her and fuck her cell phone, too. 

Her husband reminded me of that British fellow from the TLC show, Race to Save the World's Fattest Man. 

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Hell yeah, Ms Parking Lot "Handicapped" Beatdown giver was a scam artist. She was WAILING on that poor woman. Was not her first time at the civil suit rodeo, I assume you of that. So much for needing a cane to get around. What a deplorable human being. I loved how she she keep wanting JJ to look at her medical records and JJ was having none of it. Fuck her and fuck her cell phone, too. 

Her husband reminded me of that British fellow from the TLC show, Race to Save the World's Fattest Man. 

If she did this in the past, it was probably in a spot with no video or witnesses.  And who will most people believe,  the young woman or the old woman with a cane? 

But I am not sure this was necessarily a planned scam.  I think she just lost her temper and felt the defendant was at fault because she pushed the plaintiff to that point and so the plaintiff took advantage of the situation.  But planned or not, she was a scammer.

I loved that JJ told the defendant that she shouldn't have taken the phone, but still didn't give the plaintiff any money for it.  It looked like JJ was considering it , but the plaintiff had such bad attitude that JJ dropped it.

When my parents were alive, my mother refused to let my dad buy a new car.  I always thought it was a money issue and that was the excuse she gave my dad.  Since he was a depression-era child, it didn't take too much for her to convince him.  But when I was an adult my mom admitted it was because she didn't want to deal with whatever fall out there would be when the new car got its first dent. He would have flipped out if someone opened up their door and scratched his car.

Edited by ElleMo
Because my typing is horrid
  • Love 7

OH boy oh boy how I love it when the plaintiff turns out to be the asshat!  Canewoman hit first but she sure got the worst of it, the plaintiff smashed her back repeatedly like a pneumatic drill.  This is just gut, but I feel there were strong racist undertones as to why the plaintiff was so butthurt and wanted the last word in court.  I also sided with the defendant grabbing the cell phone when canewoman came close again for taking pictures.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ElleMo said:

If she did this in the past, it was probably in a spot with no video or witnesses.  And who will most people believe,  the young woman or the old woman with a cane? 

It was a hoot when she saw the video setup ready, knew it was going to hurt her case, and immediately questioned whether the video had been altered even before we saw the tape.

1 hour ago, ElleMo said:

When my parents were alive, my mother refused to let my dad buy a new car.  I always thought it was a money issue and that was the excuse she gave my dad.  Since he was a depression-era child, it didn't take too much for her to convince him.  But when I was an adult my mom admitted it was because she didn't want to deal with whatever fall out there would be when the new car got its first dent. He would have flipped out if someone opened up their door and scratched his car.

That was me back in the day when I bought my first new car. I was out washing that car a couple times a week and waxing it every weekend. I would have GONE OFF on someone parking too close and flinging open the door ... and this was back in the days when cars were actually made of steel, not today's light weight gage metal that bends if you look at it funny.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

That defendant was the first one to actually make the makeup/nose ring/ fright wig/talons...kind of classy? She was beautiful.

For me, when I see that heavy makeup/nose ring/etc look I automatically expect to hear ghetto gangster talk. Not at all what I heard when she spoke in court, which definitely made me listen to what she wanted me to hear. Still don't think it's a look you want to be sporting for court. That may just mean I've turned into an old fogy, but then she knew she was appearing before JJ... and I'm a kid compared to her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

It was a hoot when she saw the video setup ready, knew it was going to hurt her case, and immediately questioned whether the video had been altered even before we saw the tape.

I died at that comment because of course someone would take the time to alter a surveillance tape for an appearance on Judge Judy! Plus, the Police Report indicated that the responding officer watched the video and saw McCaney hit first. And McCaney had a copy of the Police Report so she should have known claiming it was altered was ridiculous.

• Love 10

I thought there was something odd with McCaney's (good name!) eyes.  It almost looked like she'd had an eye lift. 

Defendant wasn't worried a bit, very calm, and she didn't interrupt as plaintiff told her story, and what a story. 

I didn't notice the nose ring but those nails! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

This is just gut, but I feel there were strong racist undertones as to why the plaintiff was so butthurt and wanted the last word in court.

That was my feeling as well. 

I'm sorry JJ missed an opportunity to ask her the nature of her disability. I'd have love to hear all about her physical infirmity that allows her to randomly attack people with such seeming ease.

That defendant was the first one to actually make the makeup/nose ring/ fright wig/talons...kind of classy? She was beautiful.

Yes, she was beautiful (and obviously educated) which is why I don't get why she has to tart herself up with all that tackiness and fakery. Before hearing her speak, all that makes a bad impression, but I'm an obsolete curmudgeon so what do I know?

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

That was my feeling as well. 

I'm sorry JJ missed an opportunity to ask her the nature of her disability. I'd have love to hear all about her physical infirmity that allows her to randomly attack people with such seeming ease.

Well, her arms work, even if her legs don't.  She has a few screws loose, so there's that. 

I agree that the defendant was gilding the lily.  How does that start?  A little bit of mascara, then false eyelashes.  Slippery slope to tartness. 

• Love 2

I didn't listen intently to every part of today's first episode, but I definitely heard (and plan to heed) this:

"Watch out for Markevious Tyree Fudge."

In my book, anyone with the name Fudge = instant comedy.

In the second episode, I not only wanted JJ to scream at Alexis for her histrionics, I wanted her to clobber her with the gavel.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

n the second episode, I not only wanted JJ to scream at Alexis for her histrionics, I wanted her to clobber her with the gavel.

^^^This.  AND who goes for a shift at a bar from 10pm to midnight?  Alexis does if it is a strip club.  NTTAWWT, but she sure wasn't forthcoming.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

In the second episode, I not only wanted JJ to scream at Alexis for her histrionics, I wanted her to clobber her with the gavel.

Holy cats!

I watch JJ to unwind from people who display "curious" behavior in my chosen profession and today it's like one of them followed me home. 

Wine.  It's what's good for you. 

27 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I wanted to re-do her lipstick.  The color was bad enough, but then she had to apply it to the corners of her mouth.  With that body, of course she's a stripper.  Gal looked good, except for the lipstick.

The mismatched couple -- she's 35, he's 23, a felon, living in a shed -- she needed to close the top of her shirt and he needed to shave off that sorry excuse for a beard.  It made his chin look like a spade.  I sympathized with him at first, when he talked about wanting more time with their son.  That didn't last. 

I did learn something though -- signing over title doesn't relieve someone of responsibility.  The registration also has to be changed. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

I wanted to re-do her lipstick.  The color was bad enough, but then she had to apply it to the corners of her mouth.  With that body, of course she's a stripper. 

The color was a combination of grape popsicle and long-dead body. 

I think a two-hour shift is really strange. She didn't even offer something that would make sense, like "we didn't have any customers, so the manager sent me home early." Maybe she's really a prozzy, and two hours is actually a double shift. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I didn't listen intently to every part of today's first episode, but I definitely heard (and plan to heed) this:

In my book, anyone with the name Fudge = instant comedy.

Another reason to watch out for Mr. Fudge...he admitted he is so lazy that he pisses in bottles and keeps them in his room. "I mean, hey, they're right there so why not use them!" 

P.S. The cousin who rented the cottage from other cousin needs to go have a lung x-Ray immediately. I could hear what her chain smoking was doing to her.

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 4

You forgot the apostrophe - "Mark'evious."

I watched only a few minutes of this until I coudln't take it anymore. Anneliese, from what I saw (and I could be dead wrong) seemed like a nut. Her lease specifically precludes anyone from storing PEE in their rooms? Whatever. Anyway, I was thinking about when I was young and single and lived alone. I had some hard times financially. I never considered getting a stranger to move in with me, but if I had I'm pretty sure I'd want someone who is kind of like me - a young, single woman who worked full time and paid her bills, etc., not college boys, grandmothers, ex-cons, heroin addicts or men. People on this show get the most bizarre roommates and then squawk about them.

The Beach House Rental: As soon as the def opened her mouth I immediately thought, "Alcoholic." She was vicious and vile and I was wishing JJ would tell her to stop swaying back and forth as she spewed accusations of "Liar!!" at the person who gave her and her boyfriend a  place to live when they were homeless. They probably got drunk and started the fire. I knew people like her - everyone owes them something and woe to the person who says NO - when I was growing up and they always made me sick.

Haven't seen the stripper/bartender/shed dwellers yet and not sure if I can take it.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

She had some seriously crazy eyes. The camera would focus on her, and she'd open her eyes really wide as if that would make her look like she was paying attention, but it just made her look insane.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

She had some seriously crazy eyes. The camera would focus on her, and she'd open her eyes really wide as if that would make her look like she was paying attention, but it just made her look insane.

Alexis spent A LOT of time on that eyeliner and she was prepared to make the most of it --- side-eyes, eyerolling, shifty glances, squinting, making doe eyes, and widening her eyes. I can't believe she didn't have the Snuffalupagus eyelashes that so many other litigants in her age group sport. She didn't get that memo, I guess.

I can't believe I missed the apostrophe in Mark'evious. With the snazzy apostrophe, it almost makes a reader see the word 'devious.' Yep, that'd be accurate for Mr. PeesInBottles.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

The Beach House Rental: As soon as the def opened her mouth I immediately thought, "Alcoholic."

OMG. I haven't even even gotten to the first round of commercials yet and the second she opened her mouth and uttered a syllable, I thought, "Oh, she's from Philly."  The Plaintiff probably rented her her swanky pad in Wildwood. Second thought: Alcoholic who probably smokes three packs of USA Golds (purchased from Wawa, natch) a day.

Both of those ladies had bottom teeth manufactured from multi-colored corn.

ETA: UGH! The Defendant was from NJ. Close enough! 

Edited by Guest
5 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Alexis spent A LOT of time on that eyeliner and she was prepared to make the most of it --- side-eyes, eyerolling, shifty glances, squinting, making doe eyes, and widening her eyes. I can't believe she didn't have the Snuffalupagus eyelashes that so many other litigants in her age group sport. She didn't get that memo, I guess.

She practiced, didn't she?  If I put the liner on just so, when I turn my head and lower my eyes, it'll look just like a bird's wing!  That'll surely get JJ on my side!  Or win me an audition!  Woo hoo!

The cousins -- heh.  The blonde had trouble remembering the basics -- counting on her fingers to see if the number of fingers added up to the amount of rent she collected times a thousand.  The redhead cousin was a bundle of rage, and I don't understand why JJ didn't tell her to stand still.

The long gray hair on the property manager -- what the hell was that? 

I wouldn't have asked for rent in that situation.  Relative or close friend burned out?  Come stay, I have room.  Plus, the homeowners insurance usually pays for alternate housing while the place is being fixed.

I wish JJ had asked for particulars on the property.  Was there a main house, a guest house, and a rear house? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, AuntiePam said:

The long gray hair on the property manager -- what the hell was that? 

Everybody in that case had a hairstyle I can assure you they had when they were 22 years old. Property Manager had some 70s thing going on, Plaintiff had some 1940s Bette Davis 'do, and the Defendant looked like she was fresh from a Winger tribute band concert.

I wouldn't have asked for rent in that situation.  Relative or close friend burned out? 

Maybe she just can't afford to let those two battling drunks squat there for months on end. Who knows?

Okay, you all have made Crazy Eyes and Pees In Bottles (hey, those could be their tribal names!) sound so tempting I simply must go watch them.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Poor Alexis. I think she mistook her JJ appearance as a chance to live out some America's Next Top Model pose-off fantasy.  At the very end of her interview where she proclaims, "No more relationships!" (Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA), she appeared to have a grill or a set of braces that I never saw during the case.

I really liked her hair though and thought the style was pretty save for that one giant piece of hair in the back of her head she forgot to collect into the braid.  

Is this peeing-in-a-bottle-for-keepsies a thing now? This is the second time someone who has done this has appeared on JJ. Usually these people are confined to episodes of Hoarders or Cops. 

9 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Is this peeing-in-a-bottle-for-keepsies a thing now? This is the second time someone who has done this has appeared on JJ. Usually these people are confined to episodes of Hoarders or Cops. 

Well, my tenant pees in a bottle.

But, then he just had ankle surgery, uses a walker, takes Lasix, and it's actually a urinal ... doesn't save it either.

• Love 5

I see I was right. Annaliese is crazy. Fudge stole from her all the time, from her wallet and her birthday cards and she just keeps leaving money out for him to take time and again. She's also quite the smart-ass, "Do you think he was going to pose and take his picture with my belongings?" The second time she said she got the heave-ho PDQ.

I think she mistook her JJ appearance as a chance to live out some America's Next Top Model pose-off fantasy.

If she wants to be a model, I suggest a better wig. That one was gnarly and didn't even cover her real hairline. It was like a horse tail hat.

That guy - Chris? - living in the shed? This 23 year old convicted felon, baby daddy and "handy man" shocked me. Before he spoke I was expecting some moronic hillbilly struggling to form a thought, but he spoke really well. He should forget the BB guns and go to school. He'd do much better than Ms. Crazy Eyes, also 23 and a student with that "Me and him went" grammar.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Everybody in that case had a hairstyle I can assure you they had when they were 22 years old. Property Manager had some 70s thing going on, Plaintiff had some 1940s Bette Davis 'do, and the Defendant looked like she was fresh from a Winger tribute band concert.

I liked plaintiff's hair, but you're right, the style is from a different time.   Reminded me of Lizbeth Scott.  And Gena Rowlands. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I see I was right. Annaliese is crazy. Fudge stole from her all the time, from her wallet and her birthday cards and she just keeps leaving money out for him to take time and again. She's also quite the smart-ass, "Do you think he was going to pose and take his picture with my belongings?" The second time she said she got the heave-ho PDQ.

If she wants to be a model, I suggest a better wig. That one was gnarly and didn't even cover her real hairline. It was like a horse tail hat.

That guy - Chris? - living in the shed? This 23 year old convicted felon, baby daddy and "handy man" shocked me. Before he spoke I was expecting some moronic hillbilly struggling to form a thought, but he spoke really well. He should forget the BB guns and go to school. He'd do much better than Ms. Crazy Eyes, also 23 and a student with that "Me and him went" grammar.

I do NOT understand why Annaliese never said the definitive remark about Mister Fudge:  "He was the ONLY ONE THERE!"

• Love 2