Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Tooken? TOOKEN???  I weep for humanity. This is a grown man, not a 6 year old kid. Did no one (teacher, random adult) ever correct him?

Edited by khyber
  • Love 11

How did I feel watching today's cases, rife with slimeballs, sociopathic scammers,and liars?  Like this:

ETA: I didn't even watch the last case. My head was spinning and when I heard that both  last two litigants were going to visit their boyfriends or baby daddies or whatever in prison, I couldn't take any more.

judgejfacepalmbest.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, califred said:

Worlds fastest talker on the eBay car case, and I talk fast myself!  I don't understand buying a car off eBay.

Both litigants in that case were nuts, in my opinion. First off, I'm not buying a antique car off ebay, so I question the buyer's smarts. Then the seller seemed to think it was perfectly alright to sell the car, accept another $900 to do some work on the car, not deliver it, and keep the money. He sells the car a second time, but tries to convince JJ it was the buyer's fault the original deal fell through. And since ebay gave the buyer back the purchase price he thinks they're square - forgetting he still has $900 of the buyer's money which ebay won't refund. I don't know much about ebay, but it would seem thus guy should be banned from selling through ebay. 

3 hours ago, khyber said:

Tooken? TOOKEN???  I weep for humanity. This is a grown man, not a 6 year old kid. Did no one (teacher, random adult) ever correct him?

And dude looked puzzled when JJ told him that wasn't a word.

• Love 6

Then the seller seemed to think it was perfectly alright to sell the car, accept another $900 to do some work on the car, not deliver it, and keep the money.

He's the sociopath I referred to. He's incapable of feeling shame or remorse. I'm sure he's continuing to scam people. I also cannot imagine sending large sums of money to a private individual on Ebay or anywhere else, yet we see this all the time with mature people who should have more sense.

• Love 5

Today's first episode, first case was a real gem. Two bratty, churlish girls (Amia and Tamia) and a mother with Special Snowflake Syndrome were suing Ms Jackson, who was accused of pinching the girls and bruising them. The girls spoke openly about their disgraceful behavior in the classroom (their teacher needs to get real about classroom management....consistently being a battle-axe for the first two months of every school year pays off...after that, it's all about giving consequences). JJ asked one of the girls what her Conduct grade was on her report card. Surprise, surprise - she didn't know the meaning of the word 'conduct.' Ms. Jackson had visited the classroom (her daughter is also in the class) and  was appalled by the girls' behaviors, so she told the girls to knock it off or risk losing the class Christmas Party. She also threw in a zinger and told Amia to sit with her legs closed and be more ladylike. Frankly, I am WITH Ms. Jackson completely. But she had to go one step further and dole out some pinches. I can't quite get on board with that, but if I saw someone do it to some nasty pre-teens/teens in a backyard, I might be willing to look the other way. Amia's genius of a mother said that she put Neosporin on the bruises. JJ warned Tamia's mother of the girls' dismal trajectory

Second episode, first case - Kei'Amarra Mannings was jaywalking. She said Mr. Tolliver gave her a nod to cross the street, and then he hit her with his truck. Then, a supposedly unknown man went over and beat up Mr. Tolliver. JJ made no bones about it -- Kei'Amarra was a liar and her uncle was the so-called mystery man. (But then JJ said that the mother said "Cornelius beat up the driver." She asked if the uncle's name is Cornelius. But the father's name flashes on the screen as Cornelius. -??- Maybe the brothers are both names Cornelius.) Another case of parents who think their child is never at fault.

Second episode, second case - A step-granddad was suing a guy who might have a crappy life for repayment of student loans. The plaintiff, Mr. Brown, also wanted treble damages because he's a dick. In the hallterview, Mr. Brown bitched about a Lincoln and said that his step-grandson can go live under a bridge.

• Love 7

I think the student loan case was all about the Lincoln.  The younger guy got really defensive and said something like the Lincoln doesn't have all the accessories a Lincoln could have.  This, after he just got through  a very sad tale of poverty and sick parents.

• Love 2

Ugh, the jaywalking case stirred up a bad memory from college. So glad JJ called the girl on her BS about not knowing who attacked the driver. When I was in college I was in a car accident with another car and a passenger from that car attacked me, knocked me unconscious, and fled on foot. The driver of the car told the police the same BS, I don't know who he is, don't know his name, I just picked him up. And there's nothing the police can do. It's very frustrating to deal with POS liars like that, so I'm glad she wasn't awarded today.

• Love 4

Those were sure some whoppin' big, well-developed 12 year old girls. 89 in English? I guess the standards have been... adjusted since I was in an English class where we learned not to say "like" 40 times in a sentence. 5k for a bruise, which the kid wouldn't tell her mother about, lest her mom "go crazy". That was one of the few things I truly believed. If I had been lambasted by JJ when I was twelve, I would have been sobbing in a fetal position on the floor, not rolling my eyes and glaring at her defiantly. Trouble ahead there. I mean MORE trouble ahead.

• Love 10

Wasn't Tooken that movie with Liam Neeson, where he was like, "Motherfucker where my daughter at?" I likedededed that movie.

The cases today were interesting:

The first case with the two girls. First, I agree that they were big girls to have been twelve years old. And I do believe Ms. Jackson with the gold grill said what the girl said she said and not just "close your legs", even though the sentiment was right. Young lady, sit with your damn legs closed, because she was right. She would say, "I believe Mr. So-and-so is looking at me" and then her mother and father will be trying to run up to the school to put hands on him. I love that they got $10, even though I think too much was probably made of their cutting up in school. Teachers call and complain all the time these days, and it's usually bullshit. And while I understand from a parent's point of view that you can't make excuses for your child on account of other kids doing the same thing, it is kind of unfair to single kids out when most of the class is acting up. There's a point when you have to identify individual behavior as being disruptive, but you also have to acknowledge you might not have full control over your classroom.

The second cases with the uncle who the family was covering for was crazy. The guy seemed like he wasn't trying to hit the girl, but she ran out in the middle of the street. It's a good thing she wasn't seriously hurt or worse. But uncle Cornelius should've kept his hands to himself. Wailing on him while your niece is hurt is not going to help anything.

And the case with the granddad-in-law was sympathetic. It was nice JJ didn't do the Dragon Lady routine for once, and the granddad at the end saying he could live under a bridge was...whoa. Your granny sure picked a good one there. NOT.

• Love 5

Wasn't Tooken that movie with Liam Neeson, where he was like, "Motherfucker where my daughter at?" I likedededed that movie

*Dies of laughter* Yes, I loved that movie. It was beyond tense when the daughter was hiding, and Liam told her, "You're going to be tooken."

I think too much was probably made of their cutting up in school.

Somehow I have a feeling the girls downplayed their actions, according to what the def. told JJ the male teacher said at the time. Something along the lines of him being depressed at the thought of the future?

Ms. Jackson with the gold grill

Was it gold? I thought it was just jacked up.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, 27bored said:

Teachers call and complain all the time these days, and it's usually bullshit. And while I understand from a parent's point of view that you can't make excuses for your child on account of other kids doing the same thing, it is kind of unfair to single kids out when most of the class is acting up. There's a point when you have to identify individual behavior as being disruptive, but you also have to acknowledge you might not have full control over your classroom.

I am not a teacher because, back when I was choosing a career, one teacher who knows me very well talked me out of it.  Twenty years later, I realize how much I owe that former teacher.  Why go to school at all, when you (think) you already know everything?  Why don't teachers have control over classrooms?  Because when they start to correct the first "moldy blueberry" suddenly the farmer who grew that moldy blueberry points out all the half-moldy blueberries in the room and demands that the half-moldy blueberries get the same treatment.  Said farmer does not want to hear that the farmer's failure to apply the correct pesticide/fertilizer early in the growth cycle has anything to do with the spread of the mold throughout the class.  Instead of working with the teacher to try to save the original moldy blueberry, the farmer is upset because something isn't being done about all the other infected blueberries.  Never mind that the teacher is working with all the farmers that teacher can, on and individual basis - the real problem is that the teacher did not get a classroom full of mold-resistant blueberries.  SO WHAT is all the kids in the room are acting up - YOU are NOT the parent of all the other kids.  You are only responsible for your child, so quit worrying about what is or isn't being said to the other parents and START PARENTING YOUR OWN PRECIOUS SNOWFLAKE!  This is the inverse effect of the honor roll bumper stickers.  How many parents put bumper stickers on the car that say something like My Child And All The Child's Classmates are on the HONOR ROLL?  Parents at least partially attribute a child's success to that child's unique gifts.  The opposite is true: a child's problems/difficulties are not solely the result of the child's surroundings.  You want your child to succeed?  Don't get in the way of teachers who are trying to tell you that your child isn't perfect.  You've probably said the same thing to your child at some point - why the surprise that someone is agreeing with you?  Why are so many teachers having discipline problems in classrooms?  Because the more experienced teachers are leaving the profession.  Why should anyone go to school for a job where the students don't have to listen, the parents side with the students, and the administration hides behind desks and fancy degrees with little relevance to the day-to-day job?  Thirty students have one teacher - one teacher has thirty students.  The odds are against the teacher, and only get worse with comments like the above.  Go read Lord of the Flies - it sounds like that "charter school" is the city-equivalent!

• Love 15

The second cases with the uncle who the family was covering for was crazy.

Just watched that. Nice that Dad and "the mother"( who was the only one to admit it was the uncle who jumped the def.) seemingly coached their daughter to lie so they could collect a lottery of 5K. Def was irritating with his convoluted BS as to his insurance, but no way on earth did he set the kid up just so he could hit her with his car. I knew before the case started that the girl ran out into the road - it happens every day. If he had hit her on purpose, he wouldn't have stopped and gotten out, taking the risk of being attacked, which is just what happened. I also believed him when he said no one in her family bothered to check on her.

• Love 4

I guess the family figured that the other guy having no insurance was a slam-dunk in their favor.  Surprise!  Lying and coaching someone ELSE to lie to grab the brass ring is heinous as can be!  I also don't appreciate the many folks who don't give a shit about getting liability insurance, BUT he was a halo-wearing ANGEL compared to those bald-faced liars.

• Love 4

How did the Pinched Brat get an 89 in English when all she could say was, "I seen this..." "I seen that"? The bar must be pretty low at that charter school.

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

How did the Pinched Brat get an 89 in English when all she could say was, "I seen this..." "I seen that"? The bar must be pretty low at that charter school.

Just my thought. I think everyone has a subset vocabulary they use at home, among friends, at work, at school, etc. If there isn't someone somewhere insisting a child learn to speak something approximating good English, they grow up without knowing how to speak properly. Yes, the teachers at school should insist they speak proper English, but then someone - parents, grandma, someone - at home should correcting them. The result of no one insisting that kids learn to speak properly is that when they grow to be adults and go on JJ or TPC, we'll laugh when JJ tells them there is no such word as "tooken".  And, it's not just the spoken word that is being distorted, but also the written word being deformed by txt tweets etc

• Love 8

The second cases with the uncle who the family was covering for was crazy. The guy seemed like he wasn't trying to hit the girl, but she ran out in the middle of the street. It's a good thing she wasn't seriously hurt or worse. But uncle Cornelius should've kept his hands to himself. Wailing on him while your niece is hurt is not going to help anything.

When listening to the stories, I figured that the girl thought she saw him signal her to go, but was mistaken. It seemed like that idea never crossed her parent's or her uncle's minds. Who goes right to "he signaled her to cross then hit her on purpose"?  

Neosporin for a bruise LOL! I wouldn't be surprised if those two jokers pinched themselves.

• Love 6

And who the hell interprets a head nod as a signal to cross?  When I yield to a pedestrian, I make a sweeping "go ahead" gesture with my arm and smile to indicate that I see them and am waiting for them to cross.

• Love 4

Frankly, I am WITH Ms. Jackson completely. But she had to go one step further and dole out some pinches. I can't quite get on board with that, but if I saw someone do it to some nasty pre-teens/teens in a backyard, I might be willing to look the other way. Amia's genius of a mother said that she put Neosporin on the bruises.

Oh Pretty Pretty Puleeeezeee let me get in a room with those two teenage turdlings so I can bestow my Cuban Mama's evil pinch skills upon them. I guarantee there would not only be a bruise, but there would be a blanched out white spot in the middle surrounded by broken blood vessels and THEN a bruise.  And I would even bring my own Neosporin. And I would PAY the court to let me pinch them. Teenage girls these days are AWFUL (source: my DD had three teen/tween adopted family members that she and my SIL took care of for a couple of years due to family issues). When I saw Ms. Amia and her stooopid mother I had flashbacks. And listen Amia's Mama - the court don't care if anybody else "does it". Didn't your mama teach you the "if everybody else was jumping off the cliff" analogy? You can't justify your own child's bad behavior by "she wasn't the only one". 

• Love 7

In regards to the girl jumping out from between cars and getting hit by a car:  I have been a pedestrian MANY times in my life, and I would NEVER EVER let a car yield to me.  They are driving a 4000 lb machine and could grind me into the dust if they were so inclined.  I've seen idiots (malignant idiots I should say) who wave on traffic, and then promptly pull out and get hit.  People can be mean.

• Love 2

Oh, I don't yield to jaywalkers - I'll mow those suckers down.  But even at a crosswalk, particularly one without a traffic light, a smart pedestrian still establishes eye contract with a motorist. 

• Love 5

Amia's genius of a mother said that she put Neosporin on the bruises.

I have a feeling that Mama, who "goes crazy" has put lots worse bruises on her offspring than she got from def. I understand it's not the same if someone else does it, but still. Did she think mentioning Neosporin (?) would help her reach the magic number of 5K.  And yeah, the defense, "There's lots of kids worse than her." does not absolve this one.

• Love 2

I only use Neosporin on cuts and abrasions. It helps prevent infections, right? How the hell would a bruise become infected?! 

In the case of the mother suing the other mother, I thought ALL the parties were wrong.  The plaintiff was rightfully infuriated that another parent accosted her child in the classroom, but she tried to channel her anger into a $5K windfall, which was obviously a bad move on plaintiff's part.  But where the hell did that smug, ignorant defendant get off putting her hands on ANY child like that?  Did she feel she had a "right"  to discipline because she was a class mother, planning a Christmas party?   Her own daughter was an acknowledged troublemaker, for godssake.

I was wishing JJ had asked how the school itself handled what the defendant had done in the classroom and the plaintiff's subsequent complaint.  The school needed to be involved in what went down on its property.  The defendant didn't deny that she verbally and physically confronted plaintiff's daughter.  She was damned proud of herself.

While plaintiff was transparent in hoping for a big money award, I didn't blame her at all for getting furious that another parent touched her daughter.  And if the school admins didn't try to appease her by formally telling PTA mom to NEVER do that again AND by making school policy very clear in a written memo, then  I don't fault plaintiff for seeking recourse with either the school board or in a court.

The school and the class, along with the teachers, sound sorely lacking in many areas, that's for sure. In general, I think parents who voluntarily opt into a charter school do so thinking their kids will receive a higher-quality education.  Can't imagine the disappointment wafting over the parents here knowing what a mess their kids' school turned out to be.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, nora1992 said:

I am not a teacher because, back when I was choosing a career, one teacher who knows me very well talked me out of it.  Twenty years later, I realize how much I owe that former teacher.  Why go to school at all, when you (think) you already know everything?  Why don't teachers have control over classrooms?  Because when they start to correct the first "moldy blueberry" suddenly the farmer who grew that moldy blueberry points out all the half-moldy blueberries in the room and demands that the half-moldy blueberries get the same treatment.  Said farmer does not want to hear that the farmer's failure to apply the correct pesticide/fertilizer early in the growth cycle has anything to do with the spread of the mold throughout the class.  Instead of working with the teacher to try to save the original moldy blueberry, the farmer is upset because something isn't being done about all the other infected blueberries.  Never mind that the teacher is working with all the farmers that teacher can, on and individual basis - the real problem is that the teacher did not get a classroom full of mold-resistant blueberries.  SO WHAT is all the kids in the room are acting up - YOU are NOT the parent of all the other kids.  You are only responsible for your child, so quit worrying about what is or isn't being said to the other parents and START PARENTING YOUR OWN PRECIOUS SNOWFLAKE!  This is the inverse effect of the honor roll bumper stickers.  How many parents put bumper stickers on the car that say something like My Child And All The Child's Classmates are on the HONOR ROLL?  Parents at least partially attribute a child's success to that child's unique gifts.  The opposite is true: a child's problems/difficulties are not solely the result of the child's surroundings.  You want your child to succeed?  Don't get in the way of teachers who are trying to tell you that your child isn't perfect.  You've probably said the same thing to your child at some point - why the surprise that someone is agreeing with you?  Why are so many teachers having discipline problems in classrooms?  Because the more experienced teachers are leaving the profession.  Why should anyone go to school for a job where the students don't have to listen, the parents side with the students, and the administration hides behind desks and fancy degrees with little relevance to the day-to-day job?  Thirty students have one teacher - one teacher has thirty students.  The odds are against the teacher, and only get worse with comments like the above.  Go read Lord of the Flies - it sounds like that "charter school" is the city-equivalent!

I'm just sorry I can't like this post more than once.  I call parents when their sweet dumplings act up and it's not bullshit.  I don't have time for bullshit.  I have 40 mins to eat lunch, use the bathroom, and make any necessary phone calls, so I'm not wasting one precious minute on bullshit.  The problem is that what should be a 5 min call turns into a 20 min call because the parents always want to know why I'm "picking on" their perfect little angel and then try to explain how it's everyone's fault but their perfect little angel's.  Anyone who thinks that qualifies as "bullshit" seriously has their head up their own ass.

• Love 14
23 hours ago, nora1992 said:

Teachers call and complain all the time these days, and it's usually bullshit.

Sorry, I thought that this had carried in my quoting of the last post.  This sentence is crucial for context.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

But where the hell did that smug, ignorant defendant get off putting her hands on ANY child like that?  Did she feel she had a "right"  to discipline because she was a class mother, planning a Christmas party?   Her own daughter was an acknowledged troublemaker, for godssake.

Neighborhood justice...more liberal and more effective than what the schools dole out. It wasn't the right thing for Ms. Jackson to pinch the girls, though -- she could have stuck with the verbal bust-up. 

6 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

I was wishing JJ had asked how the school itself handled what the defendant had done in the classroom and the plaintiff's subsequent complaint.  The school needed to be involved in what went down on its property.  The defendant didn't deny that she verbally and physically confronted plaintiff's daughter.  She was damned proud of herself.

I wonder if the school turned a blind eye. Principals hate sending incident reports to the district office, especially when there's a school charter at stake. 

• Love 1

Just watching the step-grandson student loan case and he said (I swear) "there were 'quarums' in our family. 

Damn, I get a kick when someone mangles the English language.  And I am also an insufferable grammar policeBird.  The girl who ran out into the street kept saying "I seen" and "I axed"....just drives me nuts.

I won't even get started on the 2 smartmouth students with the one's Mom with a serious attitude.  The def shouldn't have pinched but she was right to call them out.  My Kentucky Mamaw hackles would have been up and they would have gotten a 'shamin'.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, OhioSongbird said:

Just watching the step-grandson student loan case and he said (I swear) "there were 'quarums' in our family. 

Damn, I get a kick when someone mangles the English language.  And I am also an insufferable grammar policeBird.  The girl who ran out into the street kept saying "I seen" and "I axed"....just drives me nuts.

When I started watching this show, I was bemused and amazed at the number of people who couldn't speak their own language. Now it kind of disgusts me. I think one of my favorites (or most hated) was a woman who said, "I'm a English teacher." Depressing.

ETA: "Quarums"? What are quarums? I missed that. This was a twenty-eight year old college graduate. What does it mean??

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4
(edited)

A quorum  is a minimum of House/Senate members required to be present to vote/pass/introduce a bill or law.  I totally spelled it wrong.

Thank you GoogleBrain.

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Love 1

Trying again, without quoting this time:

OhioSongbird,  I thought stepgrandson said there were "quarrels" in the family?

And just a general comment re the mother versus mother case:   I know that disbelief and frustration are high concerning people (not just kids) who mangle English, show disrespect to authority, maneuver the system, act inappropriately and uncontrollably, and are loath to take responsibility for their actions, while pointing fingers at others.  I really do get the loss of patience by people who feel they strive to do the right thing, who want to be good citizens.

But I could never advocate for a kind of vigilante justice, where one parent feels free to discipline a child who is not her own.  Where does that end, then?  If Mrs A despises Mrs B, will she take it out on Mrs B's child just because she can?   It's a situation that's intolerable to me!  The school has to be involved in that garbage, no matter how difficult.  The kids are in untenable positions, as it is.  They don't need self-righteous parents with agenda running amok, too.

And  this is purely conjecture on my part, but you know what crossed my mind when defendant-mom admitted to telling the kid to sit properly and close her legs in front of the male teacher?  I thought Ms Christmas-Party-Planner was hot for teacher herself.  Hanging around, listening to his gripes and "fears for the future," taking it upon herself to show him "support" by disciplining.   That 12-year-old plaintiff was a pretty girl, and defendant-mom was not.  I know that scenario will sound kookooluks to decent people, but I've witnessed that sick way of thinking and worse. 

• Love 2
On 4/30/2016 at 8:51 AM, nora1992 said:

I taught kindergarten for two years and sixth grade for a year while I was in law school and my husband was in medical school to keep a roof over our heads and to keep our loan debt to a minimum. Classroom control in kindergarten was relatively easy, as really young children are relatively eager to please their teachers, but I earned every cent I was paid as a sixth grade teacher probably one hundred times over. What nora 1992 wrote should be considered scripture.

• Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, DebbieW said:

Sorry, I thought that this had carried in my quoting of the last post.  This sentence is crucial for context.

DebbieW,  fyi, you attributed that quote to the wrong poster.  Nora1992 did not write the sentence you're objecting to; she just quoted a previous poster's opinion.

I'm having problems with the new formatting, too!  :)

Edited by sleekandchic
1 hour ago, jilliannatalia said:

I taught kindergarten for two years and sixth grade for a year while I was in law school and my husband was in medical school to keep a roof over our heads and to keep our loan debt to a minimum. Classroom control in kindergarten was relatively easy, as really young children are relatively eager to please their teachers, but I earned every cent I was paid as a sixth grade teacher probably one hundred times over. What nora 1992 wrote should be considered scripture.

Amen to that!

• Love 2

Stepgrandson definitely said "quorum".  Except, in his head, he was probably spelling it "kwarum".  And God only knows what he was intending to convey with that word. 

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

DebbieW,  fyi, you attributed that quote to the wrong poster.  Nora1992 did not write the sentence you're objecting to; she just quoted a previous poster's opinion.

I'm having problems with the new formatting, too!  :)

I know she didn't.  I assumed since she had quoted it that it would go along with my quote (I have a headache now).  I absolutely loved her response to that post.

Edited by DebbieW
sentence was left out

Mom with bratty kids v. Mom who pinches bratty kids. First of all, Pinching Mom had no right to pinch, grab, etc. the bratty kids. Second,  I believe she had every right as an adult woman to tell the brat to close her legs and sit properly.  ( BTW, I think brat's mom should get her an IUD if she doesn't want to be a grandma who works 2 jobs to take care of brat and brat babies.)  Third, Brat Mom's excuse of "Don't single out my brat because her behavior is no worse than the rest of the class" is wrong, wrong, WRONG! Brat Mom should be appalled that her brat behaves like the other morons in that class and cooperate with the teachers to get her brat to stop behaving like that.

• Love 12

Mom came into that courtroom with her face set in stone, CERTAIN she would be walking out with the big money.  She was not going to budge on her perceived innocent child, or to accept JJ's verdict.

Perfect response, Milz, btw.

• Love 5
(edited)

I feel sorry for Brat's mom. She works 2 jobs as pharmacy tech, so it's not like she's a 'stay at home' mom whose entire income from Byrd's and JJ's taxes. But her parenting philosophy should not be 'if everyone else's kid is moron, then it's okay if I have a moron too'. Her brat knows she can get away with mouthing off to teachers, acting like a moron, etc. because she knows Mom doesn't have the energy to give a rat's ass. You could see the pride and joy in the girl's face when she recounted what she does in class to JJ, who was not amused. And it's not like the girl knew her behavior is inappropriate either.  Brat's mom really needs to stop making excuses and start re-training because the girl is not on the right track.

Edited by Milz
  • Love 4

Yep.....I foresee a baby before she's 14-15.  I have one son and always thought having a daughter would have been fun.....back then.  After living a few years and seeing what some of my friends went thru with theirs.....then seeing these two makes me kinda glad I dodged that bullet.  Son was a piece of cake.  Never went to jail, still doesn't drink or smoke, good job, owns his own house & car.  Now if I could just get him married....I want grandkids, dammit!

• Love 3

BTW, I think brat's mom should get her an IUD if she doesn't want to be a grandma who works 2 jobs to take care of brat and brat babies

I was thinking the same thing. Might be better to use the kind that gets implanted under the skin. Do it NOW, Mom.  I know Mom works hard (BTW, since she's a pharmacy tech, her Neosporin thing sounded ever dumber) but she found the time to file a court case and travel to JJLand all in hopes of her daughter's bruise being worth 5K.

• Love 5

Yeah the Neosporin thing was stupid--especially if she's a Pharmacy tech. That was  testimony embellishment. But for the fact that Pinching Mom pinched the kid, I don't think she would have complained beyond yelling at the principal that Pinching Mom told her daughter to sit properly and stop behaving like a moron. Besides, they get paid for appearing on JJ, so they come away with $10 plus the appearance fee.

And I know the girls think/thought they are the greatest things in the whole world because they're on tv telling JJ (and millions of viewers) how disrespectful and immature they are. Yep, immature. 12 year olds should act like 12 year olds, not 2 year olds having a temper tantrum.  Their irritating behavior does not excuse Pinching Mom from pinching them, because Pinching Mom, as an adult, should be able to control her behavior better than that. But those girls........if they aren't re-trained starting the minute they left the studio, are headed on the wrong path, which will take years to get off if they are lucky.

*steps on the soapbox atop the soapbox I'm already standing* In my world, parents watch JJ with their children and/or discuss these miscreants (AKA JJ litigants), holding them up to their children as "what I do not want to grow up to be" examples.

• Love 4