Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I’m a proud lifelong capitalist who’s lived well profiting at the service of others and I’ll shout from the rooftops that these predators who suck the blood from the unsophisticated poor are a fu*cking pestilence.

Yes and no, IM unpopular O. I say again - people may be deprived but are not necessarily deserving. I worked and earned everything I have. I didn't say, "I want a 65" TV. I want a Lexus! I want to take vacations! I want to have lots of babies and I want it all now!" when I didn't have two nickels to rub together, and then beg, borrow and steal to get these things. I had to do something none of our litigants wants to do now, and that's to wait, save some money, get some credit, get a frickin' J-O-B. Rent-to-own, used car places that charge 110% interest, advances on tax returns for a hefty fee, places that give title loans - these all exist because there is a reason. Yes, they are taking advantage of people who can't see past tomorrow, don't bother reading contracts and who want what they want when they want it, but they are filling a niche and without them, most of our litigants would be sitting on bare floors with no big TV and no ancient Mercedes with giant rims. So - I don't know what the answer is. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff hired defendant to remodel a house plaintiff was given by a friend. 

I enjoyed this repeat, which I'd forgotten. "My friend, whose last name I don't know, didn't want her house anymore so she gave it to me" = "Someone who had an old, broken-down, rotted, termite infested trailer ditched it and said I could have it." Loved the hopped-up def, Mr. Joyner, with his huge cross proudly displayed, and the toothless Anthony Perkins, who has such a bad back he can't work on the books but can do construction work under the table. Oh, sorry Anthony - you just supervise.  Flakey Mr. Joyner had to be herded back to his podium not once, but twice, by Byrd, who was mighty fed up with this moron. 

Also enjoyed Jaynelle(?) being sued by plaintiff, who was her tenant, after she disposed of his junk. Can someone explain why the def would invite the hulking, high-pitched, brain-dead Yosemite Sam in his Shirt of Flames to live with her? It defies belief. He squats in her home for months and says he owes no rent because he changed a valve in a spigot, which in his mind is a job worth over 2K. So, not only does Sam lose his crap, but has to pay the def. all the money he owed her in rent. Cool.

• Love 3

My favorite part of the remodeling, actually rebuilding from the axles up, of the trailer is that the plaintiff was evicted by the trailer park.    I'm sure that involved a bull dozer and a giant dumpster holding the remains of the termite ridden pile of garbage trailer she was given, or bought, or whatever happened.   

I saw half of a rerun on Saturday afternoon.     It was the classic where the former tenant had a family heirloom diamond tennis bracelet that the defendant (man) wore to a club when the woman was out of town.    He claims the bracelet was stolen, and then plaintiff pulls out a pawn receipt for a diamond tennis bracelet with his name on it, that she found by going through his room.    

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It was the classic where the former tenant had a family heirloom diamond tennis bracelet that the defendant (man) wore to a club when the woman was out of town. 

Oh, I have a vague memory of that. Yes, he thought flashing the bracelet around was just the thing to get him hooked up. 

22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

He claims the bracelet was stolen, and then plaintiff pulls out a pawn receipt for a diamond tennis bracelet with his name on it, that she found by going through his room. 

🤣🤣 My brother has the gall to sneer at me for watching this, insisting the cases are made up. I informed him (oh, sorry: I told him) that the best fiction writers couldn't make this shit up.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 4/17/2019 at 4:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Defendant told the plaintiff to leave, and got a restraining order against baby daddy.    Defendant didn't get a restraining order from the judge against the plaintiff.   Defendant trashed the plaintiff's property after she never picked it up.   Plaintiff gets $5k.

I never saw that one. No way did the baby momma (and I believe she and her baby daddy were fighting like hell) have 5K of stuff packed in some room in the big bruiser's house, but JJ hated her and her bigmouthed, ignorant blabbering so much she didn't want her to get one cent from the show. "You need to learn to keep your mouth shut." Sorry, but that fell on deaf ears and an empty head. 

• Love 4
On 4/20/2019 at 6:44 PM, AngelaHunter said:

🤣 My brother has the gall to sneer at me for watching this, insisting the cases are made up. I informed him (oh, sorry: I told him) that the best fiction writers couldn't make this shit up.

Speaking of that, I really wonder why they removed the "The people are real. The cases are real," from the opening of the show. As we've seen before they removed that part, there were plenty of real doozies out there.

Cheering here because I got another lost ep captured on my DVR that I lost a long time ago. The pit bull chasing the little girl and JJ kept yelling at the defendant's ex-partner, "He's [plaintiff] going to be your LAND-LORD!" There was also an old case played this week with the neighborhood watch guy with a gun. You could see that fool was on a power trip. He also had the oddest shape. 

Now if I could only get the VFW grannies, the cheese balls, the one with the crazy hippy plaintiff named Imogene and weird guy defendant in a dirty suit, and a few more that I can't remember right now recorded, I'd be a happy gal. I wish they'd put the seasons out on DVD. I'd pay whatever they cost. Even if they did a Best of.... for each season, I'd be all over it.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, configdotsys said:

Now if I could only get the VFW grannies, the cheese balls, the one with the crazy hippy plaintiff named Imogene and weird guy defendant in a dirty suit, and a few more that I can't remember right now recorded, I'd be a happy gal. I wish they'd put the seasons out on DVD. I'd pay whatever they cost. Even if they did a Best of.... for each season, I'd be all over it.

Look for the one with the woman dressed as Cleopatra.  Must-see TV.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

"He's [plaintiff] going to be your LAND-LORD!"

I loved that moment.  She must have repeated herself 8 times and the slack jawed fool had 0 idea how that could happen.  While on the topic of dog attacks, nothing makes me want to kick a TV (or my real life) person  in the nuts more than when they say that the offending dog "was just playing".

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I loved that moment.  She must have repeated herself 8 times and the slack jawed fool had 0 idea how that could happen.  While on the topic of dog attacks, nothing makes me want to kick a TV (or my real life) person  in the nuts more than when they say that the offending dog "was playing".

The constant repeating of that cracked me up and the woman was dumber than a box of rocks because she was not grasping any of this. That low life guy was such a vile human being.  That poor little Bichon is probably scarred for life in more ways than one because of that asshole.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Speaking of that, I really wonder why they removed the "The people are real. The cases are real," from the opening of the show.

Maybe they needed to cut that out because they needed the time, now that they're showing mini-informercials during the show.

• Love 2
On 4/20/2019 at 6:20 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

My favorite part of the remodeling, actually rebuilding from the axles up, of the trailer is that the plaintiff was evicted by the trailer park.    I'm sure that involved a bull dozer and a giant dumpster holding the remains of the termite ridden pile of garbage trailer she was given, or bought, or whatever happened.   

Usually when a place is beyond help, or the cost of what it will take to fix it far exceeds the value, a crew will come in and dismantle everything down to the frame, then haul it all away.  If you know how to scrap, you can make decent money scrapping a mobile home, and many times people are so eager to get rid of them that they just want someone to come in and do it.  Where we live, there's a crew that comes in and can have a place completely gone inside of a week.

But that also just goes to show you that mobile homes are great for people who don't want/can't afford the cost of a house, but you have to have extra diligence and know what to look for. We went all around ours and tested the floors, and when I saw water marks on the ceiling, we had a conversation about leaks (there was a leak, the old metal roof failed, and a new shingled roof was put on over the old one about 9 years before we moved in).

Another downside is that with no basement, if there's something like a leak in the plumbing, it isn't always apparent until a lot of damage has already been done.  Friends of ours had a leaky water heater.  In older mobiles, water heaters are in a closet type structure that is accessible only from the outside.  If it leaks, you're likely to not see it until damage is done, because the water will mostly leak down to the ground underneath the skirting before starting to spread outward to other areas after  a bit.  They didn't notice it until their son smelled a moldy smell from behind his dresser, moved it, and his foot went through the carpet.  The subfloor rotted.  His bedroom was next to the water heater closet.  I've had two leaks relating to our toilet - issues from before we moved in that had long term effects.  I had them fixed immediately in both cases.  I do NOT want to deal with subfloor issues.

• Love 6

3 p.m. rerun-

Meth Mechanic Slander!-Plaintiff wanted car fixed by mechanic, paid $1500, to have a Mercedes fixed.      Car had to be towed to mechanic's shop, in January.         She needs extra cars for her job as a process server.      Plaintiff had car towed back to her house in March.    Plaintiff wanted her car finished ASAP, paid the $1500 in money, and a necklace to pay for the parts for the car.   

Plaintiff claims mechanic/defendant yelled at her, however, she seems to be the one with the short temper.    Mechanic said it would take an entire day to finish her car, was 50 miles from his shop to her house.     Plaintiff gets $1500 for parts, but minus her nasty postings. 

After the dust up, plaintiff said on social media (craigslist, yelp, etc) he was a meth user, and claims he let a drug user drive her vehicle (which was undriveable).        She also posted that there was drug paraphernalia in the car, and it was only at his shop for three days, out of the year the woman owned the car.    Plaintiff denies going to his children's school, but boasts that she made a CPS report about him. (the nasty reviews and postings are still on the internet).      She sent over 1,000 text messages, posted pictures of his house, and address, posted nasty things about the man, and his family.    Plaintiff gets nothing, and deserves less.     Plaintiff posted defendant and wife on numerous sex sites, leading to phone calls at all hours of the night.

Defendant gets $5k, and plaintiff gets no money.  

Safe Deer...Injured Car!-Plaintiff suing former employee/defendant for crashing a work vehicle.    Defendant claims he was dodging a deer.    Defendant was allowed to take the work car home, to and from work.    $420 to defendant for his last week's wages.   

Defendant was charged with making false statements to a police officer, and other charges.  He paid the homeowners for the mailbox he hit, and plaintiff told to use his company insurance on the car.   $420 for plaintiff for wages owed. 

Pregnant Mom Photo Bust!-Plaintiff claims photographer/defendant cancelled after she paid hundreds for a pregnancy photo shoot.   There is a dueling list of complaints from both sides, and  Defendants suing for slander, (complaining to the Better Business Bureau, is not slander), wrote mean things on Facebook.     JJ gives plaintiff $400.       There was no written contract saying no refunds.  

With Friends Like This...-Plaintiff rented a car for defendant (never ends well, does it?). Plaintiff suing sister-in-law for unauthorized rental car charges with her debit card.    Defendant was in a car accident, and car was totaled.    Defendant picked up plaintiff's kids from school a couple of times a week, with other errands.      However, plaintiff says her kid's daycare is right behind the school, and they walk there, and don't need to be picked up.    

Plaintiff claims that defendant didn't pick up her kids very often.   Defendant claims she was going to stay off work until insurance fixed or paid for her car.    Plaintiff was stupid enough to rent a car for defendant, and she would pay cash.     The litigants went together to rent it, and defendant was a listed driver.     Plaintiff claims the car was only rented for a week, and then Avis notified her that the car was overdue.    Plaintiff claims defendant heifer, wanted her to extend the rental agreement, and wanted her debit card information, and plaintiff said no.         

Plaintiff says the defendant kept the car for 30 days, instead of one week.     Plaintiff picked up her own kids, ran her own errands, and didn't ever need the defendant's help. 

$1341.16 for the plaintiff.

• Love 2

5 p.m. new episode, (first one), then rerun-

Child Abandonment?-Plaintiff (mother-in-law to defendant) is alleged to have deserted her husband, child, and Mercedes.   The car was bought three years ago, defendant stopped paying for the used car a year and a half ago, so mother-in-law doesn't have to repay defendant for the car loan, plaintiff co-signed on.     Despicably, the husband the defendant deserted is in the military, and defendant is shacking up with Jody in North Carolina.   (A Jody is the guy that's boinking your wife when you're deployed, or otherwise on military business).   

Defendant claims soon to be ex told her to get the car note in her name, and then she was served with civil lawsuit paperwork from MIL.     Defendant told to sign car title over to plaintiff, and car can be sold.   Plaintiff is whining about not recouping what she paid on the car, tough luck lady.      Defendant wants to keep the vehicle, and claims plaintiff was primary on the car, and defendant was co-signer.    Defendant can't pay the car off, and lies about having access to the money.       Nothing for either side, and title / bill of sale given to plaintiff so she can sell the car.     

Beamer Trap!-Plaintiff was selling a Beamer to defendant by having defendant take over payments.    2008 BMW something.      Defendant claims he didn't know the payment amount on the car, or the length of the remaining note, and plaintiff claims he didn't pay tolls on the car either.     Defendant claims he paid extra to plaintiff to pay the car off faster.  Defendant had the car for 14 months, took the car to the dealer for service, found out it would cost a lot to fix, so he left it there.      Defendant wants the extra payment amounts back.    

Plaintiff claims the car was damaged by defendant, and also says defendant has unpaid toll tickets that are the plaintiff's responsibility, because the car was still in the plaintiff's name.  Both headlights are broken, tree fell on car, and it wasn't fixed, estimated damage from tree is $2800, including the car wrap too.       Tolls amount to $783, defendant negotiated $135 to pay the tolls to NJ.     Plaintiff gets $2935.         

Rerun-(Dog lovers might want to skip this entire episode, just from the previews, it's very intense)-

Muzzle Confusion and Attack!-Plaintiff's dog was violently attacked by defendant's dog, the dog was required to be muzzled at all times because of previous attack history.     Plaintiff wants vet bills, medical bills for her injuries,  and claims for defendant filing a false police report.    This all happened at the animal control vaccination clinic.    Defendant claims the plaintiff's dog (a 15 lb Puggle) attacked her 80 lb Boxer cross viciously first.    Defendant does not look like a Boxer mix at all.      Defendant claims her dog was expelled from the clinic after the bites. 

Plaintiff had her little dog, and her 3 year old child, when the defendant's dog came up to her dog, and knocked plaintiff over and started attacking the little dog, kept attacking the small dog.      Defendant's dog has a prior history of violent behavior, and is required to be muzzled at all times when off the property.     Defendant claims the muzzle was on the dog, but it was able to savagely rip up the plaintiff's dog.     Defendant adopted a dog that had to be muzzled, however, defendant claims the decision to muzzle the dog was 'just in case', and not required.   

The previous incident was an unprovoked attack on a neighbor's leashed animal, when the defendant owned the dog.     Now the defendant remembers the attack.    

$3k to plaintiff, and defendant is a freaking liar.    

Swamp-Hunting Dog Meets Pit Bull!-Plaintiff suing former friend for vet bills, medical bills, and lost wages when the defendant's pit bull attacked his dog.   Plaintiff was staying overnight at a friend's house, and the next morning the pit bull attacked a Catahoulla when the defendant tied her dog out on a 30 foot lead.     As usual, defendant claims plaintiff harassed her.  

Plaintiff gets $5000   vet bills were paid by the landowner, so no vet bill money, and no medical bills, except out-of-pocket. 

• Love 3

Every time I see a dog attack in the description of the episode, I delete it without watching. Even reading the descriptions here of these wretched people who let their dogs roam free and attack people and other dogs makes me crazy.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Nothing for either side, and title / bill of sale given to plaintiff so she can sell the car.

Zero satisfaction in this case. If JJ wasn’t sympathetic to the plaintiff the case would have ended in record time. The plaintiff owns the debt and the defendant owns the car. It was a idiotic arrangement for the plaintiff and there’s nothing that JJ can do.

The previous incident was an unprovoked attack on a neighbor's leashed animal, when the defendant owned the dog.     Now the defendant remembers the attack.    

$3k to plaintiff, and defendant is a freaking liar   

That horrible woman had a lie for everything and a sadistic smirk to top it all off. It’s a testament to self deception that she’s willing to put that persona out there to millions of TV viewers. Crawl back to the hell hole you came from.

Plaintiff was staying overnight at a friend's house, and the next morning the pit bull attacked a Catahoulla when the defendant tied her dog out on a 30 foot lead.

My only question is whether or not the defendant was deliberately obtuse when she failed to understand that 30’ lead leaves her pit bull out of her control. “Don’t stick you hand into a dog fight” is her hallterview advice to all of us.  Better to let your vicious animal kill my pet or my child. Bitch. 

• Love 6

3 p.m. reruns-

1,000 Beer Bottles Clean-Up!-Aunt/plaintiff made the huge mistake of renting a house month-to-month without a lease to her nephew (her sister's kid).        Aunt/plaintiff was living in Las Vegas, and came back to Harrisburg, PA to care for her terminally ill mother-in-law, and gave nephew/tenant notice to quit.   Nephew said he was looking for another place.   Aunt/plaintiff told nephew to move out, said he was moving, and then sublets said they weren't moving after nephew moved.     Aunt saw the house with beer bottles, trash, dirty dishes, everywhere, so aunt did notice to quit, and then had him evicted.           Plaintiff's husband supervised the house, when he got out of prison, and then went back to prison.    Nephew says he had permission to sublet from uncle.   

JJ doesn't believe what plaintiff claims district court told her to do, which is have the police evict them, because they had no lease, but were paid up, month-to-month tenants.   

Bills for cleaning up trash, and estimates are submitted by the nephew.     Nephew didn't pay August rent, but didn't get the place cleaned up.    Nephew claims she changed the locks after he moved out, Aunt says she didn't.    The sister/mother of nephew is defendant's nephew.     I bet Thanksgiving is fun with this family.  

Nephew claims he had to move out on 1 August, claims that Aunt freaked out when he was going to move his last load of stuff, Aunt went nuts, and damaged his car.   

Aunt claims she was holding a dining chair outside, and removing the trash out, and claims nephew was piling trash outside.     Aunt claims nephew attacked her, and threw her to the ground,    Aunt also claims the house took days to clean out, and was revolting.  

Plaintiff gets $500, defendant gets $250 for car damage by plaintiff.    

Shot in the Knee?-Woman plaintiff went camping, and alleges that defendant shot her in the knee with a pellet gun, or BB gun.    Defendant claims the woman is exaggerating her injuries, and suffering.    There are text messages from the defendant saying he's the one who shot the plaintiff.    There is a witness who saw who shot the plaintiff, and defendant starts trying to lie his way out of this.    

Defendant claims the woman wasn't carried to her car, and is claiming she wasn't hurt that much.   

Plaintiff gets $4,000, and her insurance didn't cover emergency room for some reason.

Save My Business!-Plaintiff sues former friend for repayment of a loan for $5,500, to save defendant's business.    Plaintiff has proof of the loan, and check was deposited by defendant.       Defendant was selling her business, and needed to get up to date on building lease to transfer the loan.    They never did a promissory note.    Defendant admits she received the money, and repaid nothing.   Defendant doesn't seem all that repentant about not paying the loan either.  

$5,000 to plaintiff.

(Warning, there are two new episodes tomorrow, and there is a dog case in each episode).  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Watching the episode from 2018, "Wild Party" and the splendidly clad defendant, 18 yr old boy had a party in the backyard of his grandma's house (mom lives there too).  Someone threw a chair and injured a girl.  The defendant at one point, was shaking his head NO animatedly, and he also moved his hand briefly in a JACKING OFF motion!  I could not believe he did that, and that JJ didn't know it!

• Love 3

5 p.m., first episode new, second a rerun-

Pepper Spray Showdown in Atlanta!-Plaintiff suing defendant over a fight over a loser, who is the witness for the defendant.  Plaintiff meets loser boyfriend (father of defendant's children), over Facebook messenger, and he lies about fatherhood status.   Defendant claims plaintiff attacked her, pepper sprayed her, and plaintiff was arrested.    Both filed for protective orders, and defendant was granted one.     Supposedly the witnesses to the fight called the police, caught the plaintiff's license plate number, and that's how plaintiff was arrested.   

Assistant District Attorney filed for the protective order, from the pepper spray incident.    There are pictures of the plaintiff with a gun outside of the defendant's work place, but plaintiff claims she sent the gun picture to the defendant's baby daddy.      JJ asks the classic question, "Are you crazy?" to the plaintiff, and her answer is "A little bit".  $500 to the defendant, and nothing to the idiot plaintiff.    

Charge Party With the Company Credit Card?!-Plaintiff suing former employee for making unauthorized charges on a company credit card.      Defendant worked on tire changing, for a base salary, plus commissions.     Defendant worked there for five years, and was let go after five accidents in five years, three in the last year.     Defendant drove a company truck.   Plaintiff claims that after he was fired, the defendant paid for his phone for two months with the company credit card.  Defendant says it was for three months, before he was terminated.     Plaintiff says defendant lost his phone, so the company replaced it ($500), and the $500 was taken out of his pay.    

After termination, T-Mobile kept using the company credit card on file, and defendant owes $739.   

Plaintiff gets $739.

The Wild Party Injury and the Uneducated Fool?!-This is the case of the 18 year old who had a huge party in the back yard of grandma's house, (mom and apparently everyone lives there too), where they were selling booze, and it turned into a wild melee.    Defendant is 18, his co-host of the party is also 18.     The party invitations were on instagram, Wet & Wild Pool Party, with booze available.   The party announcement says no outside liquor allowed, females are $7 admission, males $15 admission, and you buy a booze bracelet to get liquor inside the party. 

The plaintiff was badly injured when someone threw a chair and hit her.     It was funny about the booze, because the young man is way underage, and it's the second huge concert/party with drinking that the man and his friends put on (the other one was in Queens, after prom).   

Don't people in his neighborhood call 911 when hundreds of people show up for a backyard booze fest with a DJ?   There's a video of the party, and chair toss also.   Mother, and sisters were home during the party.    Sister is who bought the booze I bet. 

Plaintiff says there's lots of booze, bottles in hand, and drinking inside the party.   

There was $100 deductible on her health insurance, which covered it retroactively.  

Plaintiff should have filed against the grandmother, or mother, whoever owns the house,  and her homeowner's insurance, and then gone after them in civil court.    I bet if that house is that fancy, that someone would take it on contingency.    Witness who was outside in the hall, now says this is the second party, and was there for the party, and says the mother was also at the party.      Zachary (witness) collected money at the gate for admissions, and was supposed to keep liquor out.      

Plaintiff gets $5,000

(Does the party host think that a club will rent to him, and his friends? Bet it will be mommy's name on the rental)

You know this a good case when some of the audience have to stiffle their laughter to keep from getting booted.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

The defendant at one point, was shaking his head NO animatedly, and he also moved his hand briefly in a JACKING OFF motion!

I missed that, but it does not surprise me. I thought that their smug and callous attitude might have been sufficient for JJ to step down from her bench and smack them with the Flyswatter of Doom. I know I would have found it difficult to resist the temptation. I do hope they get shut down by the authorities and are dragged into all sorts of legal trouble.  As @CrazyInAlabama said, where are the neighbours in this; a simple call to 911 might put an end to this irresponsible commercial endeavour.

27 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Pepper Spray Showdown in Atlanta!-

Once again, the attraction of a free trip to LA and of a portion of the awards kitty is enough to entice some people to fully display the tawdriness of their personal behaviour and character on national TV. And for the Plaintiff to admit she is a little bit crazy; only a bit you say?

Defendant should have asked for more punitive damages.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

I missed that, but it does not surprise me. I thought that their smug and callous attitude might have been sufficient for JJ to step down from her bench and smack them with the Flyswatter of Doom. I know I would have found it difficult to resist the temptation. I do hope they get shut down by the authorities and are dragged into all sorts of legal trouble.  As @CrazyInAlabama said, where are the neighbours in this; a simple call to 911 might put an end to this irresponsible commercial endeavour.

The motion with his hand was very quick, only 2 strokes or so.  I know this because I have a bad habit of making this same motion when annoyed. :D

He was also crawling out of his skin, trying to tell his witness what to say!  LOL!

• Love 3

I couldn't watch skanks duking it out and pepper spraying each other for the great prize which I'm sure that man of theirs is, so I watched dumbass loser Timothy. He had a good job, company truck, commissions, company phone, but gee, he just couldn't drive without having FIVE accidents. Gee, it's not like he had them all at once. He only had like three in the last year before the overly-patient plaintiff gave him the boot. Timothy keeps using the phone after he's canned. She shouldn' t have to pay his debts. He's got bills! He's got a ten-year-old son! Oh, boo hoo hoo! Poor wittle me!  All the more reason to try to stop fucking up, you moron. A tall order, I know. And button up your damned shirt, you goof. 

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The plaintiff was badly injured when someone threw a chair and hit her. 

I did enjoy the repeat of this, if only to see the learned Gyasi doing his best to educate JJ on the law. He knows he's right! 🤣

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I couldn't watch skanks duking it out and pepper spraying each other for the great prize which I'm sure that man of theirs is, so I watched dumbass loser Timothy. He had a good job, company truck, commissions, company phone, but gee, he just couldn't drive without having FIVE accidents. Gee, it's not like he had them all at once. He only had like three in the last year before the overly-patient plaintiff gave him the boot. Timothy keeps using the phone after he's canned. She shouldn' t have to pay his debts. He's got bills! He's got a ten-year-old son! Oh, boo hoo hoo! Poor wittle me!  All the more reason to try to stop fucking up, you moron. A tall order, I know. And button up your damned shirt, you goof. 

My husband was an emergency road tire tech for years.  It's a shitty job, but still, most places will fire you after having 1 or 2 accidents.  Five is unheard of.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Five is unheard of.

I haven't had five accidents in my entire lifetime of driving. He had them all in the last five years. A roadside assistance driver who can't drive. Sounds like the plot of a really dumb movie.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I haven't had five accidents in my entire lifetime of driving. He had them all in the last five years. A roadside assistance driver who can't drive. Sounds like the plot of a really dumb movie.

He had a few, but most were not his fault.  And they were spread out over the 12 years he worked there.  When you're working roadside on big rigs, things happen.  One time, a pick-up with extended mirrors drifted on to his side of the road and busted his side-view mirror up (that one was funny - the guy tried to blame it on my husband, but they had just gotten dash cams, and it showed he was looking at his phone).  A number of times he was backed in to, etc. 

One that was his fault was he didn't realize someone had parked behind him (the service trucks are about the size of an ambulance) and the car was small enough that it was out of his side mirror range (rear view mirror is pointless - you can't see out the back).  He backed up and scratched the hood - no damage to his truck.  And another time, a tech pulled the truck in to the shop, but was too close to the door, and when my husband went to go on the road for the day, he scraped when he backed out.  He got a warning on that one, and he decided then and there that no one else was driving his truck - even just to pull it inside.

The whole reason they got dash cams was because people often see company trucks as a cha-ching moment, and often call to make things up or over-exaggerate.  Corporate got sick of the calls and the "he said/they said" dynamic.  Guys complained about them because they also recorded speed, and sent their branch supervisor a note they were speeding, but he loved them because it left no doubt when things popped up.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

One time, a pick-up with extended mirrors drifted on to his side of the road and busted his side-view mirror up (that one was funny - the guy tried to blame it on my husband, but they had just gotten dash cams, and it showed he was looking at his phone).

More and more I’m becoming terrified for the men and women who have to work on roadsides with lanes filled with drunks day and night along with cell phone handlers. Here in the Chicago area 3 state troopers have been killed in 2019; two in a 7 day period last month. Two men and a woman. All were parents. All of the drivers were shit faced. Parking lots are becoming almost as bad. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

More and more I’m becoming terrified  the men and women who have to work on roadsides with lanes filled with drunks day and night along with cell phone handlers. Here in the Chicago area 3 state troopers have been killed in 2019; two in a 7 day period last month. Two men and a woman. All were parents. All of the drivers were shit faced. Parking lots are becoming almost as bad. 

He used to take me along when he was on night duty.  He'd get woken up at 2 am to drive 20 miles to fix a flat or change a tire out.  Often along Route 80 or some other major roadway.  He was always afraid he'd either fall asleep driving, or get hurt while he was out.  The drivers were often asleep, so no one would be able to call for help if he needed it.  I wouldn't have slept anyway with him being gone, so I always went along.  Technically, I wasn't supposed to, but I did anyway, and no one said anything about it.  He would often ask drivers along the road if they could nurse the truck to a rest area or parking lot - somewhere off the highway. Some would, some wouldn't, and some weren't allowed to go any further per their company regs.  If the tire wasn't roadside, it wasn't as bad, but if it was, he'd feel the breeze of people whizzing by and get rocks kicked on him - they were too close.  I was always scared to death.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

JJ asks the classic question, "Are you crazy?" to the plaintiff, and her answer is "A little bit".  

Also in the plaintiff Q&A: “Did you and the boyfriend date?” “No. We had intercourse a couple of times.” Skinny Pete and Large Marge: stupid friends with gross benefits. PS, I need to stop watching these eps before dinner. 🤢

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Nominee for the 2019 Judge Judy "Dumb Name" Award:  Beau'D Hopkins.  It's that spelling that annoys me.

In the 2nd hour of the show, we learn that Dr. Phyllip Popp has some strange ideas about trees and utility lines (and hairstyles).  I bet she is afraid of chemtrails too.  My opinion is that she needs to stop huffing glue.

Edited by patty1h
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

3 pm reruns-

Sisters, Funerals, and Guns!-Plaintiff lets sister move in with her, and then after a family funeral dust up (defendant didn't attend), the feud was on.     Defendant told sister to move out, so she and her children, moved next door in with her parents.   Plaintiff claims sister told her child to shoot plaintiff with the BB gun, and father of both combatants testifies it's all true.    Plaintiff says defendant broke parents' front door with a hammer, and on another occasion, the plaintiff claims the defendant jumped her, and dad had to pull her off.     

Defendant claims the plaintiff broke into her locked bedroom when defendant was on a trip to Bali, and defendant says the pants that plaintiff is wearing in court are actually stolen from defendant.     Defendant also employed the plaintiff when she was living with her. 

Plaintiff wanted to be paid for false reports to the police, but as JJ says it's not actionable, because it was true.     Defendant alleged that plaintiff stole a lot of her property, and made a complaint to police, and executed a search warrant to find stolen property.   

I feel sorry for the neighbors of this wacky family.   

Nothing for anyone, and just what they deserve. 

Ex-Lovers Laptop Fight!-Plaintiff claims defendant didn't pay plaintiff for a laptop that was purchased by plaintiff for (by then) ex-boyfriend defendant.     Defendant never paid a penny.     Plaintiff also wants back rent, bills, and other junk.     Computer was $490.   JJ doesn't want to hear the back rent, because plaintiff told the producers that he didn't have an IOU, but he actually did.   Nothing for either party. 

Drugs, Arrests and Gas Poisoning?!-Plaintiff, landlady and ex-girlfriend of defendant, are suing defendant for a loan, rent, property damages, and harassment.   Defendant counter suing for security deposit.     

Girlfriend, plaintiff, and defendant rented a single family home, for $1100 a month, and   security deposit was $900.      Girlfriend is suing for a loan, and landlady is suing for rent, damages, and harassment.     Landlady claims the defendant borrowed money from her, for $328 for a car payment, and defendant claims he worked it all off.     However, landlady claims the defendant worked for 3 1/2 hours total.     Defendant's work was only worth $40, leaving $288 owed.   

Defendant claims that after he moved out of the house, that current boyfriend moved in, and some anonymous man who was arrested by police later too.    

I don't like the defendant, but I suspect from the fact that the ex-girlfriend is almost comatose standing at the plaintiff table, that he's not lying about her bad habits.    Landlady is told that she has to sue both tenants for the damages.       Plaintiff, and landlady did a walk through after the defendant moved out.     

This is the infamous "carbon monoxide window" case.     There are no carbon monoxide windows, and the landlady was sold a bill of goods.   

Plaintiff was arrested for DWI, and theft, and later a drug raid on the house, and there is a jury trial in her future.   

Landlady's case was dismissed, because as JJ said, both tenants had issues, and landlady chose her side.       

$250 to plaintiff/landlady for the loan.     Defendant will get nothing from security deposit, and so does the plaintiff's half of the security deposit to the landlady to cover damages.  

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Defendant told sister to move out, so she and her children, moved next door in with her parents.   Plaintiff claims sister told her child to shoot plaintiff with the BB gun, and father of both combatants testifies it's all true.    Plaintiff says defendant broke parents' front door with a hammer, and on another occasion, the plaintiff claims the defendant jumped her, and dad had to pull her off. 

I'm not going to watch this heartwarming family tale, but your recap has me 🤣. I have to either laugh or cry at the unbridled, lowdown savagery displayed on this show. I prefer laughter and I'm pretty sure it's much funnier to read about than watch. 

• Love 3

5 p.m. episodes, both new, and both have dog attacks.  (I'm sorry, but JJ's new hairdo makes her ears look massive).

Fractured Jaw at the Rodeo!-Plaintiff, and defendants got into a drunken, stupid brawl, and plaintiff suffered a fractured jaw from two defendants hitting him.     The defendant had earlier assaulted another person, and broke his nose.   There are Xrays of the broken jaw.    I think the main defendant has the dumbest male hairstyle in years, it looks like a 70's housewife, minus the hairspray.     

The defendant of course, is a poor misunderstood drunk, who is innocent of anything but self defense.    Defendant claims the plaintiff got in his face, and plaintiff shoved defendant, and they started arguing even more.   Mutual shoves, and then defendant threw the first punch.   Beau'D Hopkins is the defendant with the hideous hairdo.    

Plaintiff's bills went to collections, and $3500, for plaintiff.

A Pit Bull is a Stupid Dog to Have!- Plaintiff  is suing sister-in-law for attack on six year old little girl, the plaintiff's step daughter, through step mother (I think that's the relationship, but I'm not sure.   Little girl was removed from court by Byrd.   Little girl has a huge facial scar.     

Plaintiff is 19 year old step daughter, living with 17 year old boyfriend, and 18 year old friend, and 22 year old stepson.      Defendant is being sued for child permanently scarred by defendant's pit bull.    Plaintiff was watching her sister, and dog attack happened in defendant's room on the little sister.   The sister's (plaintiff's) classic response to why she wasn't properly watching the girl, is "I didn't think anything would happen".   

Stepdaughter claims she told the stepmother there is a new, adult pit bull in the house, and stepmother says it's a lie, she didn't know about the dog.    The dog was the boyfriend's.    Why would any one with sense (stepmother) let a six year old go to stay with the 17, 18, and 19 year old fools  anyway?   

Stepmother says the dog was a new addition, and there was a husky in the household, then the pit bull left, and was brought back.  The little girl was bitten in the defendant's (17 year old boyfriend) room.    As JJ says, stepmother/plaintiff hadn't been to the house for a long time, and allowed the girl to stay for the weekend with the fool step daughter.   Nothing for the plaintiff's, because it was her fault the child was there.    

Man's Fear of Large Dogs Comes Back to Bite Him!-Defendant is being sued by former roommates, for provoking their Husky/German Shepherd mix into biting him.    Defendant is a former roommate, and is being sued for lease breaking, animal abuse, and filing a false police report.     All three signed the lease.     Defendant found out about the dog before moving in, but found out at the lease signing that the dog was huge.    Defendant is afraid of large dogs.

Two weeks after move in, the defendant walked into the apartment, when the dog attacked and bit him on the thigh.   Plaintiff/dog owner claims defendant provoked the dog, but coming into the apartment.       Defendant was entitled to move out, after the attack.   Defendant lived there for three months, and then moved out.    

Plaintiff's case is dismissed.    Defendant gets nothing on the counter claim too.  

Gas Explosion Anxiety!-Plaintiff is suing neighbor for trespassing, and tree damage.    Plaintiff planted the tree trunk on her side of the driveway (narrow strip of grass between common driveway (they look like townhouses).      Defendant trimmed the branches on her side of the property line, claims she was worried about the tree destroying the gas line, and causing an explosion.    Plaintiff alleges that defendant carved into the trunk also.    

Defendant is counter suing for vet bills, and emotional distress and all kinds of loony garbage.   $1969 is for the entire tree replacement, and JJ says that's garbage, since the plaintiff never replaced the tree.       Defendant's claims thrown out.   The tree was originally planted over the gas line, and gas line was moved for free by gas company.    

Defendant gets nothing.    Plaintiff gets $1.00 (that is not a typo).  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

“Fractured Jaw at the Rodeo” or Brokeback Mountain 2: Where Did The Love Go?”

42 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"I saw the worst accident I ever seen."

OMG, stop! You all are killing me here!🤣

• LOL 4

More and more I’m becoming terrified for the men and women who have to work on roadsides with lanes filled with drunks day and night along with cell phone handlers.

Years ago, there was a cop here who pulled behind a disabled driver on the highway and was attempting to help him. Some dumb A$$ who wasn't paying attention smashed into the back of the cop car when the cop was between the vehicles and amputated both of the cop's legs. The cop did survive and got a couple of prostheses  and has been doing well. But man.. .. 

28 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Fractured Jaw at the Rodeo!-Plaintiff, and defendants got into a drunken, stupid brawl, and plaintiff suffered a fractured jaw from two defendants hitting him.     The defendant had earlier assaulted another person, and broke his nose.   There are Xrays of the broken jaw.    I think the main defendant has the dumbest male hairstyle in years, it looks like a 70's housewife, minus the hairspray.   

I thought the defendant looked like he was channeling Austin Powers with his bushy hair and "gee they make me look smart" glasses. I was waiting for him to yell "YEA BABY" during the proceedings.  And I leave my close captioning on when JJ is on just in case so I thought "man, the CC person is terrible today" because he/she kept calling the defendant Beau'd. Well silly me - they were right. (I was thinking more like Bodie, like the skier or your friends golden retriever). 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Little girl was removed from court by Byrd. 

May have been one of the sweetest things seen on this show.  (Well, other than the time Byrd had to hold the little puppy, and the classic Baby Boy.) Judy was sweet with the girl, too, and announced at the end of the case that once she'd reviewed it, she knew she'd be ripping EVERYONE a new one, so wanted the little girl out of harm's way. 

Stupid woman was still yakking it up in the hallterview - just does not get that she was ultimately responsible for her child's injuries.

• Love 3

I was appalled that JJ didn't kick out the two drunken rodeo campers. I was sure she'd say there's no way of telling who started what and that they were both drunk and unreliable witnesses of their own stories.

Same with the pitbull! How were the pitperverts no responsible for half the cost, at least?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

Well, other than the time Byrd had to hold the little puppy

Yes! THAT was a beautiful, magical, surreal moment in time! As I always say..."Byrd IS the word"! An icon!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Same with the pitbull! How were the pitperverts no responsible for half the cost, at least?

Exactly my thoughts. The mother certainly could have been more diligent about where she was sending her child, but she trusted her stepdaughter. From the testimony she was trying to give, there is a clear possibility she was either lied to or not told everything regarding the presence of a pitbull. But she could not get her story out since JJ kept interrupting and badgering her because she was not hearing the story she wanted to hear, to justify the decision she had already made up in her mind.

I think shared liability would have been a better decision, with each party responsible for half the costs since there was at least  one adult in the apartment who should have known better.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I was appalled that JJ didn't kick out the two drunken rodeo campers. I was sure she'd say there's no way of telling who started what and that they were both drunk and unreliable witnesses of their own stories.

I expected both sides to split the bill, as their testimony indicated mutual combat. What struck me was that once again JJ ignored the litigants' testimony. After belittling and making fun of the litigants, she told us what happened according to her preconceived notion, then made her ruling according to her theory - which contradicted both litigants' testimony.

As far as the idiotic litigant testimony that JJ ignored or couldn't believe - hey Judy, there was a time I was one of those idiots. Years ago, as a young dumb soldier, I hung around with groups of other young dumb idiots, doing foolish things just like these two. I was never the idiot who started throwing punches - but I knew some of them. Lots of times they were drunk, but there were also some who liked to mix it up even somber. I could believe idiot defendant was somber - the only testimony that he was drinking came from P and JJ herself. But, drunk or somber, the testimony from the idiots who were there agree that he threw punches that resulted in the P's medical bills.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

But she could not get her story out since JJ kept interrupting and badgering her because she was not hearing the story she wanted to hear, to justify the decision she had already made up in her mind.

Basically I what meant with my long winded earlier post about the rodeo campers brawlers. JJ decided the case before it started, than ignored any litigant/witness testimony which doesn't support her decision. (I didn't watch this dog bite case - nor the first case of other episode) 

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

The mother certainly could have been more diligent about where she was sending her child, but she trusted her stepdaughter. From the testimony she was trying to give, there is a clear possibility she was either lied to or not told everything regarding the presence of a pitbull. But she could not get her story out since JJ kept interrupting and badgering her because she was not hearing the story she wanted to hear, to justify the decision she had already made up in her mind.

I’m not sure how any parent could not come to the same conclusion that JJ did. The facts are undisputed and speak for themselves. The mother of the little girl allowed her small child to be cared for by a bunch of teenagers living alone and together; for an entire weekend. I don’t know a single parent that would ever allow that to happen. EVER. As a result the little girl was injured. Thankfully she didn’t drink poison, spill hot grease on herself or fall down a flight of stairs. Those teenagers were completely unsuited to supervise a child. The mother of the defendant was immediately excused because she had zero involvement. So what you’re left with is a 17 year old half wit defendant with zero financial resources who, as a minor, may have no legal responsibility at all. Sure, an adult homeowner in this case should be responsible. But the mother’s actions were absolutely egregious and frankly she deserved some sort of punishment. If any of us fail to properly care for our children there are consequences; financial and sometimes legal. And this mother, the only adult involved, failed to exercise proper care for her child. Let her pay her own medical expenses and figure out how she will possibly ever make amends with her little girl. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I’m not sure how any parent could not come to the same conclusion that JJ did. That facts are undisputed and speak for themselves. The mother of the little girl allowed her small child to be cared for a bunch of teenagers living alone and together; for an entire weekend. I don’t know a single, responsible parent that would ever allow that to happen

I'm with you on this one.  As you mentioned, the 17-year old dog owner has no resources (and not likely to any time soon), and his mom's homeowner's wouldn't cover it (I dont' think) since it wasn't her dog or home.  I think she was sued as the money source.  And if Big stepsister was so anxious to have little one over, why wasn't she playing with her, entertaining her, etc, rather than letting her play in teen boy's bedroom with a giant dog? (I think that's where she was, right?)

Whether her mom knew about the pitbull or not, she knew little one was headed to a houseful of teenagers and at least one large dog.  Not the same as having a teen over to babysit in one's home.  Mom still refusing to understand her part in this, and big sister was COMPLETELY clueless - I get the impression her whole stance was "Not my dog, not my fault."

Precious little girl, and hopefully scar will fade with time. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

And if Big stepsister was so anxious to have little one over, why wasn't she playing with her, entertaining her, etc, rather than letting her play in teen boy's bedroom with a giant dog? (I think that's where she was, right?)

I got the feeling that the little sister was a "pet" just like the pit bull.  And we all know how hard it sometimes is to get teenagers to take proper care of their pets.

As soon as JJ had the little girl leave the room, I assumed that JJ was going to unload on Mama.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

I'm with you on this one.  As you mentioned, the 17-year old dog owner has no resources (and not likely to any time soon), and his mom's homeowner's wouldn't cover it (I dont' think) since it wasn't her dog or home.  I think she was sued as the money source.  And if Big stepsister was so anxious to have little one over, why wasn't she playing with her, entertaining her, etc, rather than letting her play in teen boy's bedroom with a giant dog? (I think that's where she was, right?)

Whether her mom knew about the pitbull or not, she knew little one was headed to a houseful of teenagers and at least one large dog.  Not the same as having a teen over to babysit in one's home.  Mom still refusing to understand her part in this, and big sister was COMPLETELY clueless - I get the impression her whole stance was "Not my dog, not my fault."

Precious little girl, and hopefully scar will fade with time. 

The teenage stepsister was the only one (other than the victim) that I had any empathy for.  Clearly she understood the gravity of the situation and showed the requisite amount of remorse and shame.  It's pretty clear that nobody else in this sad episode learned anything. "The little girl provoked the dog" You mean the same little girl with the probable life long scars on her face and psyche from your dog? Fuck you turd.

• Love 6

My guess is the mother of the little girl was off for a fun weekend, and dumped the little girl on the idiot stepsister instead of finding responsible child care instead.     

Even with the help of a great plastic surgeon, that poor girl will probably always have that scar, and who knows what kind of underlying damage remains.     The psychological scars could actually be worse.  

• Love 6