Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Now THIS is the saddest thing I’ve ever read on his forum. My thoughts are with you.

Thank you. I went against my instincts and tried to watch a few more eps dead sober. What a mistake. Head-bashing, brick-throwing (all of which I skipped) and other savagery and I'm sure they all have helpless children. Ugh. I did watch the immense tow truck driver with the semi-ripped-off arm who is paid in cash, didn't want to cause trouble by asking for workman's comp (Ho!) and I doubt anyone who is paid cash under the table can get any benefits at all. He's morbidly obese and smoking. He's young, but he won't be around long if he doesn't do something. Of course dumbass def. got going before plaintiff did. It probably takes him 20  minutes to climb into his truck. If those two Dumbos were looking to scam, they need more than a few firing brain cells between them.

It was excruciating watching the dull-eyed Jacqueline Ling (Ying?) trying with all her might to formulate a coherent sentence. Not only can't she speak but she can't comprehend a simple statement, even when it's repeated to her 10 different times in 10 different ways. Omg. Momma Ling/Ying came to her slow-thinking daughter's rescue and just repeated what Jacqueline said. It then becomes apparent why J. could only respond with the same pre-programmed garbage over and over. Her momma pounded that - "I went to management and they wouldn't let me off the lease" x 10 -  into her head and she could not deviate from the script. Plaintiff, Jummel, was in the right, but HE was nearly unable to answer the simplest question - "How much was her share of the rent?" without saying, "Basically, like..." Rent is not basically like anything. It's a figure. Even after being admonished, he could NOT answer without that, so JJ had to turn to the idiot Jacqueline to find out how much it was.

I think I need another drink.

2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

And yet it makes me so nostalgic for the real Gabors.  They knew how to bitch-slap with elegance.

Yes! They knew how to slice and dice someone, yet remain classy while doing it.

• Love 8
On 11/9/2018 at 10:52 AM, khyber said:

I thought the whole bongo lip thing was over.  I agree, she is very distracting to look at during the cases.

There’s always that group that get a late start on a fad and continue with it long after it’s over. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, shksabelle said:

I love that JJ called back to the case of that miserable, morally bankrupt piece of crap who sold the PICTURE of the phone.

Kelli Filkins. #neverforget 

paf8f87.jpg.584f0a8a04a1ef5cb51b0ca894b16757.jpg

One of the online condolences published on her legacy.com page says, "You will be remembered." Oh, she will. She will.

This weeks cases, both each day, are supposed to be all new.  However, today has a dog case, and there's another on another day, for those who skip dog cases.   I'm just hoping our anticipated thunderstorm and heavy rain doesn't take out more electric lines, and I end up watching recaps when the internet comes back on.   

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

There were two DVDs from JJ that were around years ago, and Ebay of Pigs (Kelly Filkins who sold the phone on Ebay, but has since died), and the other case that viewers called Grease Ball Mommy from Hell, were on the discs.     I've warned people who asked me about those discs to avoid the car wreck case, except for the part where JJ goes ballistic on that pathetic loser's fanny.   

I have those DVD's.  BSC Tupperware lady is on them.  I think the woman who looked like a friend of my mom's, and was just at thick is on there.  She was suing because body wraps didn't cause her to lose enough weight as they were advertised.  My mom's friend tried to sue a playground locally because she let her daughter run around on the rubberized flooring in bare feet, DESPITE there being a TON of signs that all said "NO BARE FEET - RISK OF BURN!!!".  JJ laughed the plaintiff out, just like local courts did my mom's friend.  There was one that I can't remember if it's on there or not where this woman claimed an ex abused her and her kid.  The kid thought he was auditioning for something.  He was just so over the top - jazz hands and all.  JJ dismissed them - felt they were acting (and badly, I might add).

As for the tow truck driver, he's essentially an independent contractor and therefore no workman's comp exists for him.  But they don't want him to call a lawyer because they don't want OSHA and any other governing bodies in their business, which is shady as all get-out.

• Love 5

What the hell is going on with Nadia Guevara, she of the Johnny Cash outfit, complete with satin tie.   Then again, everyone on the plaintiff's side was dressed for a funeral. 

Was that lockjaw or something?

The case of the woman buying her girlfriend an Iphone, Iwatch, diamond necklace was your usual script - a fool showering money on someone else in the name of love, and getting really bitter when things go bad.  The hallterview was particularly priceless, hearing the plaintiff say that that "I'll just get back together with her to get my money back".   Oh, honey, no.   You can't be that damaged.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

The case of the woman buying her girlfriend an Iphone, Iwatch, diamond necklace was your usual script - a fool showering money on someone else in the name of love, and getting really bitter when things go bad.  The hallterview was particularly priceless, hearing the plaintiff say that that "I'll just get back together with her to get my money back".   Oh, honey, no.   You can't be that damaged.

Would you believe I just saw that case?  I hope the plaintiff was being sarcastic about getting back together with the smirky defendant, but who knows?

Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention at first, so I wonder if it was mentioned just what happened in the clerks office before the show.

• Love 3

Pit Bulls attack German Shepherd-Girl was walking her aunt's German Shepherd, and defendant's Pits were roaming the street, and attacked the GSD, and caused extensive damage, and vet bills.    Then there is a DVD of defendant screaming all kinds of horrible threats at plaintiff the morning after the attack, defendant  lives across the street.      Pits are always in the yard, chained at night, and there's a Chihuahua that lives in the house, so the pits are abandoned in the back yard.    The plaintiff niece had noticed exactly where the dogs went to after the attack, and it was the defendant's house and her roommates put them back in the yard.     The defendant loses, and pays $3k.    I hope she's a renter, and her landlord saw this case with tons of roommates, marauding dogs that are never in the house, and screaming at victims of her dogs, and gives her a notice to hit the road.  

JJ is wrong about insurance not covering pits, at least USAA and State Farm cover any breed of dog, unless they have a bite history for the specific animals.   However, even those two companies exclude dogs with a bite history like the ones in this case.   Negligent owners like this woman are the reason it's very hard to find a landlord that will take pit bulls.      

Rap Star Bling-Plaintiff bought defendant, future rap star, an iphone that d. smashed, and gave or loaned or whatever a watch, and a diamond.     In May d. gave $500.   Then d. smashed the iphone.  And in July the p. bought a diamond necklace for the defendant.   Apparently, in the court clerk's office the defendant pulled some shenanigan, that better be explained after the usual 10 minute commercial and a tornado warning for a place 100 miles from here.    Plaintiff wants $5k, and JJ told her to stick the letter where a paper cut will be very painful.     Plaintiff gets nothing, says "what a waste of time", and JJ says it was for her too.       

Cat Litter Eating Puppy-Plaintiff sues for rent, apartment damages, assault, etc.     Defendants are suing for vet bills, because their puppy ate the kitty litter from the plaintiff's cat.    Landlord is coming after both sides for rent owed.   The defendant woman has one of those blobby looking nose rings that looks like two giant boogers hanging down, so I already hate her.    The landlord is trying to charge $7500, and JJ told them stuff it, and goodbye.

Shady Supervised Child Visits-Child visitation monitor suing defendant dad for missing visitation with his kid.    I didn't realize there were companies that supervised visitation for money.    The company employees don't have any training except the company, and no education requirement for employees, sounds shady to me.   He is a one man company right now.    Plaintiff is suing for $768 for missed visitation.  The cost of the visit is only $150, but plaintiff is getting creative with overdue payment charges.       The child lives with adoptive mother of the child's  grandmother, and is the child's guardian.   Mother of the kid must be a real piece of work, and so must the maternal grandmother, and the defendant's mother looks very shaky.      The defendant claims that because his license is suspended he's required to have supervised visitation (bull hockey), and he shouldn't have told that to a former family court judge, because even I know that a pile of doo-doo.     Defendant brought his mommy, who looks rode hard and put away wet.    I think no one got anything, but I'm not sure because I got a phone call.

Bromance Party Fail-Sue for trip to Hawaii by defendant.     $1490 for tickets and hotel, for some group trip, and defendant didn't pay his part.   Defendant has a bunch of lame excuses, but he's just another deadbeat.  I'm assuming the defendant had to pay, but not sure how much.   It was Hawaii, wasn't it?  I was still on the phone during this case, and I hated the defendant on sight anyway.    Another whiny man-baby who thinks everyone will finance him for the pleasure of his company. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I didn't realize there were companies that supervised visitation for money. 

News to me too, especially when he says no licensing for such a task is required, but whatever. She who bore this child is obviously even more unfit that he who sired her, since this child has two parents and lives with neither. I wish we could have seen the woman who is so messed up she thought that the jug-eared, dull-eyed, lying, wormy asshole defendant - who brings his mommy to court with him - was a great prospect with whom to breed. He was denied visits with the child because he lost his driver's license and couldn't pick her up? Goddam fool. If I were such a lowlife/abuser/drug addict I wasn't allowed to see my own child without supervision I think I might have paid the 150$ and shut the fuck up about it. It's amazing and very sad how the lowest levels, the dregs of society, are so fertile. Mandatory sterilization, "I'm telling you!!"(tm Harvey "Dirtbag" Levin")

Bromance Party Fail-Sue for trip to Hawaii by defendant.

Kind of boring and plaintiff's loud testimony was kind of irritating as was his "Curacil" - I've been there. It's Curaçao, and it's very very pricey. Def, who is a 44-year old man, thinks someone else should be thrilled to pay for his vacation. It's the old, "He knew my situation" BS. Go away, all of you.

I skipped rap star and dogs.

• Love 6

I wanted to slap the tar out of the Pit Bull owner.  You don't get two living, social creatures, and throw them in a back yard to die of loneliness, and chain them at night because you're too freaking stupid to take care of them.   I didn't even see where the people were from, and I know pits don't do cold weather well, so I hope it was a warmer climate.   I felt so sorry for the niece who was walking the dog, and was so thankful that the passing driver rescued the girls and the dog.     The screaming on video by the defendant was horrible.    I can't imagine living across the street from that harridan, and hope she's a renter, and not an owner.  

I wonder if the pit owner is related to the idiot who had the vicious GSD, that savaged the neighbor who had taken care of him for the owner's vacations.   The one where the plaintiff's arm was bruised, and chewed on, and the idiot owner claimed in the halterview that the plaintiff did the damage to herself for money.  

The rap star bling/phone case was funny, because the plaintiff thought she was going to shower her pookie bear with gifts, and then get paid for all of them when they broke up.   

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wanted to slap the tar out of the Pit Bull owner.  You don't get two living, social creatures, and throw them in a back yard to die of loneliness, and chain them at night because you're too freaking stupid to take care of them.   

NO IT WASN'T HER FAULT! She was forced to keep them chained up at night because people were kicking her fence in just to accuse her dogs of escaping!!!!

YOU ALL CAN GET IT!

• Love 11

My guess is the local SWAT team, and the Drug Task Force take turns kicking the fence in, and that's because the battering ram is used on the front door.   And the dogs probably attacked the German Shepherd, because the police zap the pits when they go after the drug sniffing K-9's the police bring with them, to help find pharmaceuticals.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
On 11/12/2018 at 11:42 AM, funky-rat said:

As for the tow truck driver, he's essentially an independent contractor and therefore no workman's comp exists for him.  But they don't want him to call a lawyer because they don't want OSHA and any other governing bodies in their business, which is shady as all get-out.

And did you catch the exchange between Judge Judy and the first tow truck driver?  Two things Judge Judy knew right away:

1.  Tow companies are highly regulated.  Next time you see a tow truck, look on the lower portion of the door and the front fender.  You will see a DOT number and an ICC number.  These are federal agencies and they are good at their jobs.

2.  The IRS does not take kindly to business owners who say,  "We can get around the taxes, the insurance, and the workman's comp by just claiming you are a contractor instead of an employee.  I'll just pay you cash."

Knowing that, there was much going on under the surface during the initial exchange (going from memory the best I can):

JJ:  How do you get paid?  Are you on salary?

Tow Driver:  I get paid by the tow

JJ:  And how often do you get paid?

Tow Driver:  At least a couple times a week (?)

JJ:  And how do you get paid?

Tow Driver:  I get paid cash.  The manager just gives me cash.

JJ:  And this is the business arrangement?

Tow Driver:  Yes

JJ:  We will get into the business arrangement later.  Do you understand?

Tow Driver:  (Not understanding that she is going to report everybody involved for tax evasion)  Yes.

JJ:  We will get into the business arrangement.  You understand what I'm telling you?

Tow Driver:  (Not understanding)  "I understand"

Now, I'm the first to slam Judge Judy when she gets it wrong, but she was sharp as a tack on that one.

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Love 10
On 11/12/2018 at 12:42 PM, funky-rat said:

One thing thing that struck me was D as he just casually mentions leaving his coworker with bones sticking out of arm while he races off to get to that tow

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

One thing thing that struck me was D as he just casually mentions leaving his coworker with bones sticking out of arm while he races off to get to that tow

And we can add this to the list of things people can learn from watching this show.

Getting paid "under the table" and not having to pay for workman's compensation coverage seems like a great idea until somebody gets hurt.

• Love 10

Independent contractors like the two truck drivers also get zero benefits, including retirement taken out of their check.      The driver that almost squashed the other man certainly didn't give a hoot about the man he injured either.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

House Flipping 101 Fail-Plaintiff, first time flipper, took real estate flipping course (bet it was one of the TV flippers who do seminars in how to flip), paid contractor $3k for cabinets, no permits pulled, and nothing every happened with the house except demo inside.   The cabinets cost $3k, and when he cancelled the order he only got store credit of $3k-minus 20% restocking fee (600), and he's a total crook.  However, plaintiff never asked for references, and is a total idiot to boot.   I bet she learned nothing in how to flip in the class, and thought she would be a real estate magnate in no time.      So she gets $3k, and when JJ wants a copy of the check, instead of handing it to Byrd, she starts to approach the desk, and almost gets a head lock from Byrd.    Even after JJ gives her $3k back, the plaintiff won't freaking shut up, and keeps whining about the demo he did, and how 'damaged' the house is.    It's called demo, not damage, and part of flipping. 

Woman Claims She Threw Ping Pong Ball at Car, Not Rock (with Video!)-(Video shows landlady throwing rock and hitting the car of former tenants, though she claims it was a soft bouncy ball).   It was a rock!     Violently purple haired plaintiff wants money for damage to an antique piece that was damaged, and the top has burn marks from incense cone burns (they call them roaches here-and not insect roaches either).     Former tenant defendant wants money for bathroom, and car damage from thrown rock hitting d.'s car with rock.    The video shows the plaintiff hitting the car with a rock, and she has a good aim.     The idiot defendant said that when working on the bathroom he puts up grout first (supposed to be thinset over green board, then tile and grout last), and JJ points out that he did a rotten job that will all have to be torn out and redone.   The plaintiffs claim no damage from video rock toss, but from when the landlady hit their car with her van, and there's still an open police report on the incident, so JJ can't address that part of the case.     In the bathroom he only put the green board up, and it doesn't even fit, it's all pieced together, and it's incompetent work.    Plaintiff gets $250 for a broken armoire, and nothing else for anybody.    

Scary Health Care Ripoff-P. woman claims unpaid services she provided for health care for elderly person, while defendant was on vacation.  Defendant was full time caregiver, and needed substitute worker, so hired plaintiff to take her place.  While defendant was gone for 10 days, the plaintiff was supposed to work for those days.    D.'s witness went to see patient twice, and never saw the plaintiff, and d. claims that plaintiff didn't show up.   Defendant claims she was going to get paid even while she was gone, and give the money to the plaintiff, but defendant didn't get paid.    Plaintiff claims d. was going to pay her $500, and didn't pay.    Plaintiff had some guy she barely knows run errands, and sit with the elderly lady patient.     I'm getting a strong indication that plaintiff and defendant are both long term drunks, or stoners, and have very few brain cells left.     

Senior Tricked into Nursing Home Facility (actually mostly a car case)-     Woman is trying to get 100+ year old great aunt out of assisted living facility, and needed car for trips back and forth.    The family of great aunt wanted to stop sale of her house, by great niece, and get her out of assisted living, and back to her home.   I bet the defendant would have been fine with the house sale if her side of the family was getting the money.      Family friend loaned car to plaintiff, and d. stopped making payments.    Defendant then took her name off of his insurance after she got a DUI (supposedly older DUI), and a bunch of tickets, and his insurance went up.    She got a bunch of tickets, and only paid for one.    Then car got impounded.   JJ said that the woman's name wasn't on the car, so it wasn't her responsibility to pay the impound, or other payments.    No one gets anything.

Car Thieves Don't Get Far with Lemon-Car was towed to mechanic shop, stolen, and impounded after it was left by the road by the thieves, after the bad radiator disabled it.   Mechanic didn't even know the car was gone.    Plaintiff says mechanic owes for missing car, defendant mechanic has long list of car repairs it needed, and then someone stole it.     Car was parked on the street by the tow truck driver, then the car was stolen and dumped on the freeway after it broke down, and the Highway Patrol had it towed.   Plaintiff didn't know where car was for two months, until after it was sold by the impound yard.    Defendant is trying the too stupid to live defense, and it's not going well for him.   JJ says when the mechanic accepted the car and started working on it the car became his responsibility, and he didn't even notice it was gone.    The plot thickens, in the halterview the defendant says the city has been getting on him keeping cars inside the garage that lack license plates, and registration, so I'm guessing part time chop shop. I want to know what kind of car owner leaves a car for months at the mechanic's shop, and never checks on it?   It was months from theft and tow, to sale by the tow yard, so he certainly wasn't in touch with the mechanic.   Must have been a lovely vehicle too, because even the thieves didn't keep it. 

Plaintiff gets $1200 for car.  

Tomorrow is a dog bite case, apparently on a kid according to the preview, so you've been warned.    It's going to be another idiot dog owner with endless, stupid excuses too from the preview.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Scary Health Care Ripoff-

Omg. Some poor old lady is at the mercy of those two uneducated, brutal beasts. Beast plaintiff, who has no experience in home care is left to care for this woman for 10 days even though  she works and this woman needs around the clock care. So she invites some bum named "Mike" over. She doesn't know his last name even though he's her friend and then leaves him there with the elderly lady! This case caused me stress. And plaintiff's "witness", the grinning great big buffalo, was just as bad. Fuck off, all of you grotesque heffalumps and go back to your herds. I hope that poor elderly woman has some family to check on how she's being neglected and probably robbed too.

Mr. Cobb? Just because someone goes to church does NOT mean they have good character, something you should know at your age. But maybe he had ulterior motives to buy def. a car and put it and the insurance in his name since I guess def, a mature woman, can't get her own car. Does it never occur to people doing these crazy things that person for whom they bought a car have zero motivation to pay for it, take care of it and not rack up tickets? Sorry, Mr. Cobb - you wanted the car and ins. in your name, you deal with the mess the un-pious def. left you

Next, I could not deal with the def's creepy, blood-red eyeball and had to check you. Stuff with eyeballs squicks me out.

• Love 8

Sorry for the 2 in a row, but just watched two cases I actually enjoyed.

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

House Flipping 101 Fail-Plaintiff, first time flipper, took real estate flipping course (bet it was one of the TV flippers who do seminars in how to flip),

I guess plaintiff has been filling her head with HGTV flipping shows - highly scripted and always super successful flippers - "We made 120K profit" and of course they do most of the reno themselves, playfully and cheerfully. Yeah, right. Anyway, plaintiff must have fallen for all that hook, line and sinker. She failed to notice none of the tv flippers hire contractors from Craigslist but get licensed professionals. Def., who seems to like to change the spelling of his name a lot, is an out-and-out crook who took her 3K and then either sold the cabinets or took them back and kept the money. I kind of think his sweating, gyrations and grimaces could indicate his guilt. What a fool and he actually has to admit there's no point contacting the store about the credit he got for the cabinets. JJ made him divulge the name of his company to make sure no one who watched this would hire this thief.  For once someone seemed to have learned something here, as plaintiff in the hall declares, "Hire licensed contractors!"

Then we had the unpaid property manager who agreed to let def. who may or may not be some sort of handyman to renovate a bathroom. She doesn't bother finding out.  I haven't finished this case, but the picture of the disastrous bathroom at the start of the case is a thing of beauty. Everyone wants super cheap, then squawk when they get a super cheap job.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, SRTouch said:

That's how it is when you pay people like that, and hire a bunch of contractors.  It's every man for himself.  Heck, my husband was a commissioned, protected territory salesman, and it was cut-throat and no one gave a crap about anyone else.  If they had a chance to steal someone away (ie: company had branches in many areas, and some would try to get business from all branches even if they were  in someone else's territory, and in my husband's case, had a customer who decided to sell themselves, and went around to his other customers bad mouthing him, etc, in an attempt to steal them away from him).  Plus the D knew that the accident was his fault, the company wasn't going to help, and he didn't want to stick around to deal with the consequences.

18 hours ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

And did you catch the exchange between Judge Judy and the first tow truck driver?  Two things Judge Judy knew right away:

1.  Tow companies are highly regulated.  Next time you see a tow truck, look on the lower portion of the door and the front fender.  You will see a DOT number and an ICC number.  These are federal agencies and they are good at their jobs.

The company my husband now works for used to have an arm that did towing/recovery.  They still have the truck, but no longer perform towing or recovery services.  When you do large scale towing/recovery (tractor trailers, etc) any kind of spill of any size or variety carries it's own set of headaches that they were rarely equipped to deal with, and if you don't deal with them properly, that's a whole new set of fines, government interference, etc.  They now defer all of that kind of thing to the two or three environmental cleanup companies in the area.  They have both the equipment, and the expertise to deal with that.

10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Sorry for the 2 in a row, but just watched two cases I actually enjoyed.

I guess plaintiff has been filling her head with HGTV flipping shows - highly scripted and always super successful flippers - "We made 120K profit" and of course they do most of the reno themselves, playfully and cheerfully. Yeah, right. Anyway, plaintiff must have fallen for all that hook, line and sinker. She failed to notice none of the tv flippers hire contractors from Craigslist but get licensed professionals. Def., who seems to like to change the spelling of his name a lot, is an out-and-out crook who took her 3K and then either sold the cabinets or took them back and kept the money. I kind of think his sweating, gyrations and grimaces could indicate his guilt. What a fool and he actually has to admit there's no point contacting the store about the credit he got for the cabinets. JJ made him divulge the name of his company to make sure no one who watched this would hire this thief.  For once someone seemed to have learned something here, as plaintiff in the hall declares, "Hire licensed contractors!"

Then we had the unpaid property manager who agreed to let def. who may or may not be some sort of handyman to renovate a bathroom. She doesn't bother finding out.  I haven't finished this case, but the picture of the disastrous bathroom at the start of the case is a thing of beauty. Everyone wants super cheap, then squawk when they get a super cheap job.

My cousin rehabbed/flipped houses for eons before that was a "thing".  He lives in a major city and owns a contracting business, and he and his kids (also contractors, real estate agents, etc) would buy derelict properties and flip them, and all aspects could be done "in-house", and when they weren't busy with their "day jobs".  He said that he loved the wave of house flippers who had no clue that hit a few years ago, because they'd get in waist deep, realize they made a mistake, and then need someone to come bail them out fast and often cheaply, and then he'd finish everything up and make bank. 

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

and he and his kids (also contractors, real estate agents, etc) would buy derelict properties and flip them, and all aspects could be done "in-house", and when they weren't busy with their "day jobs".

Exactly. Those are the people who can make real money doing this, not some millennials who have never so much as hammered a nail. They watch it done on tv and say, "Oh, like, basically that looks easy and fun. Take out walls. Open up the space! Granite, hardwood, stainless steel! Voila! We can make a lot of money!" then take a couple hours of Mickey Mouse lessons, find some crook on CL who's cheap and they're in business.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Woman Claims She Threw Ping Pong Ball at Car, Not Rock (with Video!)-(Video shows landlady throwing rock and hitting the car of former tenants, though she claims it was a soft bouncy ball).   It was a rock!     Violently purple haired plaintiff wants money for damage to an antique piece that was damaged, and the top has burn marks from incense cone burns (they call them roaches here-and not insect roaches either).     Former tenant defendant wants money for bathroom, and car damage from thrown rock hitting d.'s car with rock.    The video shows the plaintiff hitting the car with a rock, and she has a good aim.     The idiot defendant said that when working on the bathroom he puts up grout first (supposed to be thinset over green board, then tile and grout last), and JJ points out that he did a rotten job that will all have to be torn out and redone.   The plaintiffs claim no damage from video rock toss, but from when the landlady hit their car with her van, and there's still an open police report on the incident, so JJ can't address that part of the case.     In the bathroom he only put the green board up, and it doesn't even fit, it's all pieced together, and it's incompetent work.    Plaintiff gets $250 for a broken armoire, and nothing else for anybody. 

Nonsense case - but wow did we ever hear a lot of "yes ma'am" from both sides - and quite the arm on purple haired P

I had to back up the DVR twice to look at what had to be the worst drywall patch job ever by someone claiming to be a professional "handyman". Guess this guy doesn't have a tape measure in his toolbox. When JJ points out his crazy greenboard patch doesn't fit he replies it doesn't matter because he planned to hide that mess under tile. As with so many types of renovation, in tile work, prep is at least (if not more) as important as what you see when job is complete. Even if D had been allowed to finish, this mess would have cracked and needed to be redone in 6 months - what's MM say about cheap becoming expensive? Wonder how many of this "handyman's" previous customers are wondering what is hidden behind the new paint/tile this guy did.

Senior Tricked into Nursing Home Facility (actually mostly a car case)-     Woman is trying to get 100+ year old great aunt out of assisted living facility, and needed car for trips back and forth.    The family of great aunt wanted to stop sale of her house, by great niece, and get her out of assisted living, and back to her home.   I bet the defendant would have been fine with the house sale if her side of the family was getting the money.      Family friend loaned car to plaintiff, and d. stopped making payments.    Defendant then took her name off of his insurance after she got a DUI (supposedly older DUI), and a bunch of tickets, and his insurance went up.    She got a bunch of tickets, and only paid for one.    Then car got impounded.   JJ said that the woman's name wasn't on the car, so it wasn't her responsibility to pay the impound, or other payments.    No one gets anything.

Whoa, so much dirty laundry/skeletons in closet exposed here between these good church going folk. Did D really expect not to be asked about her DUI? She acted all surprised when it came up, but she knew P had balked at paying the sky high insurance rates caused by her driving history. Not just the DUI, either, as she is one of those people who doesn't feel the need to pay fines after racking up tickets. Maybe P should have asked a few questions before offering to furnish D a car. And, why would anyone remove the woman from the insurance and NOT TAKE BACK THE CAR!?! 'Nother case of church going dude willing to commit a little insurance fraud by having car in his name while knowing primary driver of vehicle is uninsured. 

Car Thieves Don't Get Far with Lemon-Car was towed to mechanic shop, stolen, and impounded after it was left by the road by the thieves, after the bad radiator disabled it.   Mechanic didn't even know the car was gone.    Plaintiff says mechanic owes for missing car, defendant mechanic has long list of car repairs it needed, and then someone stole it.     Car was parked on the street by the tow truck driver, then the car was stolen and dumped on the freeway after it broke down, and the Highway Patrol had it towed.   Plaintiff didn't know where car was for two months, until after it was sold by the impound yard.    Defendant is trying the too stupid to live defense, and it's not going well for him.   JJ says when the mechanic accepted the car and started working on it the car became his responsibility, and he didn't even notice it was gone.    The plot thickens, in the halterview the defendant says the city has been getting on him keeping cars inside the garage that lack license plates, and registration, so I'm guessing part time chop shop. I want to know what kind of car owner leaves a car for months at the mechanic's shop, and never checks on it?   It was months from theft and tow, to sale by the tow yard, so he certainly wasn't in touch with the mechanic.   Must have been a lovely vehicle too, because even the thieves didn't keep it. 

Fun case just for the part I highlighted... my thoughts... Fom the litany of needed repairs mechanic rattled off it sounded like it was going to cost more to repair than to purchase. I figure P bought the junker and had it towed to mechanic's shop (?) And abandoned it when given the estimate. Mechanic used it as a parts car, and not concerned when it disappeared as he knew it was illegally parked on the street. Whoever bought the junker from auction at the impound lot tried to get title, and that's what brought it back onto P's radar - and, oh boy, P learns his abandoned car was impounded on the highway by the cops - it was stolen - now he can sue the mechanic.

Tomorrow is a dog bite case, apparently on a kid according to the preview, so you've been warned.    It's going to be another idiot dog owner with endless, stupid excuses too from the preview.   

Yep, my blood started to boil at clueless litigants just from the preview.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Exactly. Those are the people who can make real money doing this, not some millennials who have never so much as hammered a nail. They watch it done on tv and say, "Oh, like, basically that looks easy and fun. Take out walls. Open up the space! Granite, hardwood, stainless steel! Voila! We can make a lot of money!" then take a couple hours of Mickey Mouse lessons, find some crook on CL who's cheap and they're in business.

I used to watch all those house flipping shows - one of my favorites (can't remember the name) showed normal everyday (clueless) people try to do home renovation on their own. Usually, what was planned/budgeted as a weekend job resulted in weeks and weeks of construction costing many times what was budgeted - and quite often having to hire an actual contractor to finish.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

I used to watch all those house flipping shows - one of my favorites (can't remember the name) showed normal everyday (clueless) people try to do home renovation on their own. Usually, what was planned/budgeted as a weekend job resulted in weeks and weeks of construction costing many times what was budgeted - and quite often having to hire an actual contractor to finish.

Was it Renovation Realities? I used to watch that just to howl at the idiots who would just jump in and start ripping out stuff and they had no clue what they were doing. However on this show, it was their own home they were working on, not to flip. I’ve learned how to do a lot of things by watching YT but I know when to admit that I need an expert. 

• Love 5

Getting paid "under the table" and not having to pay for workman's compensation coverage seems like a great idea until somebody gets hurt.

Not to mention that you look like you have low earnings, so good luck getting credit or trying to buy a house. It will always come back to bite you in the end

• Love 6

I suspect the house flipper course was one of the one or two day seminars that some of the house flippers put on in towns all over the country, charge a bundle to attend, and give you all of their secrets.   Some of the Flip That House from A&E did this, and some of the HGTV flippers at least endorsed some courses.   I'm sure this woman wasn't the only person who went to a seminar, and didn't have a clue about flipping houses, and hired unqualified people.    She's lucky she was only out the $3k, and whatever else she put into the flip, and my guess is she'll do what many failed flippers do which is sell 'as is' to someone else to flip the property, and they lose their shirt on the house price anyway.  

I loved the old version of Renovation Realities, and couldn't believe no one died doing the stupid stunts the people did.   One man had a chain saw kick back and hit his shoulder, and I was sure he was going to bleed out, but he didn't have a scratch.   Another one was when two women were redoing their kitchen, cut the gas line, and it was still on.  The camera man told everyone to get out, and call 911 from outside the house.      The current version shows celebrities redoing their own house, but they still have beginning flippers on "First Time Flippers" (or something like that title), and I'm sure many of those people watch a lot of flip shows, and probably go to the Flipping 101 seminars, most lose their shirts too.  

I thought the plaintiff taking a flipping course, then hiring the contractor off of craigslist was hysterical.     Apparently, she hired him, gave him the $3k, and didn't check on the flip until everything was torn out, and then she realized the flip wasn't going to be finished in 30 minutes the way it is on TV.     I hoped she learned her expensive lesson, but I'm betting she didn't. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Vandalism and Theft Caught on Video-Man moves into woman's house, rents room for $500 a month, didn't pay one month rent.     Landlady alleges all kinds of physical house damage, and has police reports where he admits much of the damage.    She changed the locks to get rid of him, without evicting him legally.   Video from security cameras show his girlfriend stealing landlady's necklace, and brought in all kinds of other people in the house, when the lease said no visitors.    There is a video of tenant breaking her security cameras.   There are numerous scenes of defendant stealing a ton of the woman's stuff, and damaging her property.   Officer Byrd has his glare of death focused on the defendant, and I'm hoping for a beat down.   Defendant claims it wasn't him on camera, and that's why using drugs ruin your brain.    

Landlady plaintiff gets $5,000, and man says he left the state because of her harassment.   I wonder how many warrants are out for him?

Don't Call My Antiques Junk-(Storage Fail)-Plaintiff suing for fence demo and trespassing, by guardian for aged relative.     Defendant is swilling the water that must not be drunk, so he's already on my bad side.  Defendant is a neighbor, and looks like a nut case.    Defendant stored his 'valuable antiques' on the aunt's property, and the plaintiff/guardian for aunt who owns property wants it all gone, so she can rehab the property, and I'm assuming sell it eventually to help support her aunt.    Plaintiff suing for demolition of fence, trespassing, and wants neighbor's/defendants junk gone.        The defendant also put up temporary fences on the plaintiff's property.  He is a total nutso, and a 'performance artist', and I want to punch him in the face very badly.     Officer Byrd has that look again too, the one where he hopes the judge will let him pound on someone.     The defendant keeps asking to show the judge his diagram, and I really want to hit him even more.       JJ gives loony toons neighbor three days to get his stuff off of the plaintiff's property, and after that Judge Judy will authorize a dumpster, and workers to get rid of his garbage, and the court will pay the bill, and Judge Judy is crafting an order for the Sheriff's office to supervise the removal.     The defendant actually stored all of his junk inside one part of the aunt's property for three years, before moving in to the alley/side yard.       By the way, 'it's not junk' is the justification for every hoarder I've ever watched on TV, so we all know what he's really like.   I hope the local fire marshal is watching this show, and drops in on his house, because I bet it's a full hoard.   The defendant took on the wrong person, since she's a realtor, and knows the law.    

Man's Face Caught in Blacklisted Dog's Mouth-This is going to be a wild case from the previews.     Plaintiff suing neighbor for medical bills, and pain and suffering from a dog bite.    Defendant, girl friend, and three kids live there (during custody times).     The defendant has two Rottweilers, and one was adopted out after it bit the plaintiff.     Rottweiler bit the plaintiff in the face, while dogs were in the back yard with the gf defendant/ dog owner.    Plaintiff was opening his gate, on his own property, and plaintiff tripped, and the dog grabbed his face over the fence.    He also wrenched his back. but that is not blamed on the dog bite bill, unless there is a physician statement.    Stupid male defendant denies prior bite that Sheriff's office documented after talking to the male defendant, who owns the house.    Todd the moron defendant finally admits the dog bit someone before, and claim it was the plaintiff who was bitten.     Photographs of bite on face are horrifically bad, and he apparently had his entire face in it's mouth.     The defendant's home owner's insurance, Badger Mutual refused to cover the two Rottweiler/Pit mixes, and so the homeowner's claim was denied.   Rottweilers and Pits are blacklisted by Badger Mutual, but they kept the two dogs even after not being able to insure them.      I can't believe these people have three little kids, and dogs with this bite history.      Defendant reluctantly agrees he knew the dogs were uninsurable.   I wish the defendant would build a taller fence, so the dogs couldn't lunge and grab animals, and people.       Plaintiff gets $5,000.       

Bengal Cat Breeding Debacle-Defendant and plaintiff apparently coordinated their burgundy tops, and defendant also has matching hair streaks with her top.    Plaintiff is suing for a Bengal cat purchase, defendant paid $2000 for a neutered male, and unspayed female, in December.  Later defendant reversed payment for $1,400.   The plaintiff was supposed to get pick of litter,  Defendant claims the plaintiff kept pulling money back through Pay Pal on several occasions.    Idiot defendant loses $1,400 and is still an idiot.    The male was allowed to roam and was killed by a car, anyone have any questions about how stupid the defendant is?   Direct quote from defendant "the cat got runned over by a car".  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8

Vandalism and Theft Caught on Video-Man moves into woman's house,

Well, I actually enjoyed this. I sat open-mouthed in astonishment that a woman Lisa's age, who got divorced, thought the best next step in her life was to invite Michael Murphy, evil goblin, to come and LIVE WITH HER. Can anyone believe this? Is he a murderer, an ex-con, a rapist, a drug addict, a thief? I guess Lisa never thought about that. I wouldn't really enjoy having my friends come live with me, but sure - some guy who looks like he got out of prison yesterday? Why not? And he can bring all his hoes and ex-cell mates over to go through my stuff. Lisa should just count herself lucky she didn't end up dead and buried in her backyard. If I decided to move alone into a place I couldn't afford (which I wouldn't) and needed a room mate, I think I might pick another woman similar to me, and then grill her and get an investigation on her first. But not Lisa. She thought Michael was just a charming lad.

Don't Call My Antiques Junk-(Storage Fail)

More weirdos, but no violent physical attacks and no abused/neglected kids, so I liked this one too. Plaintiff had a hard time giving straight answers, but her being a real estate agent makes that understandable. Def, who calls himself a "visual artist"(is that another name for "hoarder"?) which he believes gives him leave to pile up his 5K of junk on someone else's property, starts backing up in shock and horror from the podium when realizes he's losing and I was afraid he was going to to go ass over heels and end up in an audience member's lap.

I skipped dog/cat cases.

• Love 12

I was hoping the hoarder, loony tunes defendant would start to go over the railing, and it would be an audience member who would punch him out.      Or the man would start to fall over when he was leaving and Officer Byrd would 'accidentally' step on his face.  

I can't imagine what it's like for the dog bite victim to have the remaining Rottweiler slobbering, and lunging every time he goes in and out of his own gate.   I wonder where the other Rottie was 'rehomed' to?    And if their insurance company knows about the two bite history?   

I can't tell you how much I hated the two dog bite defendants, and the cat seller/buyers.    The thieving former roommate surprised me, that he could move out of state without his parole officer's permission.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7

Wowza!  The defendant in the cat case looked like a complete mess!  From her tragic hair “style” to her coordinating tats and top, she looked like one of those “re-enactors” on an ID Channel “Swamp Murders” episode.

casting agent: “we’re looking for a stereotypical Kentucky holler meth addict...she’s in her late 20’s, but looks 45.  You know the type...bleached, over processed hair. Badly done, highly visible tattoos....

actress reading for part: “blank stare, bad teeth. High school dropout?”

casting agent: “more like 3rd grade education. Let’s try a line...How would you respond if I ask you ‘so, what happened to the cat, Stephanie?”

actress:  dead eyed, slack jawed. “it got ranned over.”

casting agent: “NAILED IT!”

• Love 19
34 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Wowza!  The defendant in the cat case looked like a complete mess!  From her tragic hair “style” to her coordinating tats and top, she looked like one of those “re-enactors” on an ID Channel “Swamp Murders” episode.

I did like, however, the plaintiff's ensemble; the lacy macrame-like overlay over a harmonizing-almost-matching blouse.  I'm not kidding, I did like it.

And, good grief!  Trying to NOT pay because the cat got "ranned over"?

• Love 3

I actually loved yesterday’s building manager’s purple hair. Usually those kool aid colored dye jobs make the hair look dry and straw like—as in the red haired plaintiff and defendant from a couple of weeks ago (maybe a dog case? I can’t remember what they were fighting about, only their awful hair). Yesterday’s purple hair looked genuinely soft and silky, dare I say ‘lush?’ Too bad she makes bad decisions like “hire and handy man to reno the bathroom” or “throw objects at handyman’s car.”

My husband frequently is in the room with me, not watching. Something in the face-biting dog case attracted his attention and he casually asked “what kind of dog?” When I answered “Rott Pit mix,” he just laughed and said forget it, that’s like asking for trouble.

• Love 3

Didn't realize the case following dog bite case was going to be cat breeders. All I could think about as I was half listening to this mess while eating dinner was purchase price for 1 cat was 2 grand! For 2 grand you could adopt 20+ cats from our local Humane Society at $90 per cat - and the cat would already be vet checked, vaccinated, and neutered. And if you just have to get a Bengal, there are several rescues which specializes in the breed... in fact, a couple minutes with Google shows several bengals looking for forever homes http://bengal.rescueme.org/

• Love 6
9 hours ago, SRTouch said:

And if you just have to get a Bengal, there are several rescues which specializes in the breed... in fact, a couple minutes with Google shows several bengals looking for forever homes

Just as I said - when their pricey status symbol starts getting on their nerves, they dump them and don't care if they cost 2K.

9 hours ago, SRTouch said:

For 2 grand you could adopt 20+ cats from our local Humane Society at $90 per cat

Yes, but some ordinary tabby is not going to impress anyone.

12 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

casting agent: “we’re looking for a stereotypical Kentucky holler meth addict...she’s in her late 20’s, but looks 45.  You know the type...bleached, over processed hair. Badly done, highly visible tattoos....

casting agent: “more like 3rd grade education. Let’s try a line...How would you respond if I ask you ‘so, what happened to the cat, Stephanie?”

I'm not watching this ep, but this is hilarious because it's such an acurate portrayal of many litigants.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

bwahahahahahaha!! YES!!!

3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Just as I said - when their pricey status symbol starts getting on their nerves, they dump them and don't care if they cost 2K.

I don't understand how that pile o'poo could afford a $2,000 cat! She couldn't even afford teeth!

3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yes, but some ordinary tabby is not going to impress anyone.

Silly me, I get a cat because I love them and want to provide a save and happy home for them, I guess I'm missing the point of having a pet, it should be  a showpiece! Who knew??? 

Edited by GoodieGirl
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Vandalism and Theft Caught on Video-Man moves into woman's house, rents room for $500 a month, didn't pay one month rent.     Landlady alleges all kinds of physical house damage, and has police reports where he admits much of the damage.    She changed the locks to get rid of him, without evicting him legally.   Video from security cameras show his girlfriend stealing landlady's necklace, and brought in all kinds of other people in the house, when the lease said no visitors.    There is a video of tenant breaking her security cameras.   There are numerous scenes of defendant stealing a ton of the woman's stuff, and damaging her property.   Officer Byrd has his glare of death focused on the defendant, and I'm hoping for a beat down.   Defendant claims it wasn't him on camera, and that's why using drugs ruin your brain.    

Landlady plaintiff gets $5,000, and man says he left the state because of her harassment.   I wonder how many warrants are out for him?

Don't Call My Antiques Junk-(Storage Fail)-Plaintiff suing for fence demo and trespassing, by guardian for aged relative.     Defendant is swilling the water that must not be drunk, so he's already on my bad side.  Defendant is a neighbor, and looks like a nut case.    Defendant stored his 'valuable antiques' on the aunt's property, and the plaintiff/guardian for aunt who owns property wants it all gone, so she can rehab the property, and I'm assuming sell it eventually to help support her aunt.    Plaintiff suing for demolition of fence, trespassing, and wants neighbor's/defendants junk gone.        The defendant also put up temporary fences on the plaintiff's property.  He is a total nutso, and a 'performance artist', and I want to punch him in the face very badly.     Officer Byrd has that look again too, the one where he hopes the judge will let him pound on someone.     The defendant keeps asking to show the judge his diagram, and I really want to hit him even more.       JJ gives loony toons neighbor three days to get his stuff off of the plaintiff's property, and after that Judge Judy will authorize a dumpster, and workers to get rid of his garbage, and the court will pay the bill, and Judge Judy is crafting an order for the Sheriff's office to supervise the removal.     The defendant actually stored all of his junk inside one part of the aunt's property for three years, before moving in to the alley/side yard.       By the way, 'it's not junk' is the justification for every hoarder I've ever watched on TV, so we all know what he's really like.   I hope the local fire marshal is watching this show, and drops in on his house, because I bet it's a full hoard.   The defendant took on the wrong person, since she's a realtor, and knows the law.    

On the first one - the camera destroying guy - he actually paid all but one month rent - he had proof, amazingly.  But yeah, he's a piece of trash.

Speaking of trash, hoarder artist dude said he's a "visual artist", meaning he makes stuff out of junk, and so to him, everything has value, and he hoards it.  And just like hoarders, he values his stuff so highly that he lets it sit out and get rained on, etc.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

Speaking of trash, hoarder artist dude said he's a "visual artist", meaning he makes stuff out of junk, and so to him, everything has value, and he hoards it.  And just like hoarders, he values his stuff so highly that he lets it sit out and get rained on, etc.

As an American Pickers viewer, I know that just adds to the patina - Rusty Gold, don'cha know..... no, I'm not a hoarder - I'm a collector ?

Watching the case, I was wondering if it was something JJ should even have been deciding. Unless I missed it, it was never established who owned the property this valuable junk was on. Without a survey of the property line, I don't think JJ should have ordered D to move his junk.... although I suppose the way she worded her order was he had to remove it from P's property - so if he doesn't move it within JJ's time frame, but gets a survey showing it was in fact removed from his property, does he sue P for trashing his stuff - or JJ for issuing the order -- and who gets to set the value on the stuff, some architectural salvage - like those windows he mentioned - are worth big bucks, way more than the 5 grand max on most court tv cases. Hmmmm, maybe that blanket statement that the litigants have agreed to let JJ have the final say would protect both P and the show from a future lawsuit. Instead of a small claims case, I think P should have been referred to Code Enforcement - assuming there is such an office in their jurisdiction...

let's just add this to another type case no one should let JJ rule on - antiques, firearms, classic cars, and who knows what all else - JJ is going to wing it and not even let the litigant tell us why his/her  ar-15 rifle is worth what he claims - despite fact that the ar-15 style is available in multiple calibers, and can be purchased for anywhere from a hundred bucks up to several thousand depending on a multitude of factors and options - heck a really good scope could cost more than the rifle.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Watching the case, I was wondering if it was something JJ should even have been deciding. Unless I missed it, it was never established who owned the property this valuable junk was on. Without a survey of the property line, I don't think JJ should have ordered D to move his junk.... although I suppose the way she worded her order was he had to remove it from P's property - so if he doesn't move it within JJ's time frame, but gets a survey showing it was in fact removed from his property, does he sue P for trashing his stuff - or JJ for issuing the order -- and who gets to set the value on the stuff, some architectural salvage - like those windows he mentioned - are worth big bucks, way more than the 5 grand max on most court tv cases. Hmmmm, maybe that blanket statement that the litigants have agreed to let JJ have the final say would protect both P and the show from a future lawsuit. Instead of a small claims case, I think P should have been referred to Code Enforcement - assuming there is such an office in their jurisdiction..

Since he thinks his junk is so precious, he should move it now and sort out the property line later. 

• Love 9

I've seen some horrific San Francisco area hoarder houses on the two TV shows, so I don't think the authorities enforce zoning, and junk accumulation that much.   I think they have so many other issues to attend to that I'm betting the fact this man's stuff is way over the 3' of property he owns next to his house, and onto the aunt's property is way down the list.    He also built temporary gates to block the area off too.   If any of his 'valuable antiques' catch fire, then both buildings may go.    I totally loathed his over acting, and gasps of astonishment that he wasn't being treated as the famous artist he thinks he is, when he's had his stuff in the plaintiff's property for years, and finally moved to the space between the two properties and had it there for three years, I think they said three years.   If his stuff is so valuable, then I can't believe it all sitting out in the weather for years is increasing the value of it either.  I bet a dumpster is the right place for it, and I'm betting he moved virtually nothing either, because I bet his house is floor to ceiling hoard.   I hate hoarders, for the way they endanger others with their junk, and for the vermin that move into junk piles.      I'm hoping this case brought the fire marshal's attention to this property, and that the way he's piling up stuff inside his house is a fire hazard to houses that are so close together.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, GoodieGirl said:

Since he thinks his junk is so precious, he should move it now and sort out the property line later. 

To me, it would be same to assume that since the P was a real estate agent, and getting permits, etc, to do work on the building, she would have had a survey done.  It almost sounded like she was saying three INCHES and he was saying three FEET.  I didn't see or hear anything from the P that would indicate she wasn't operating in a way she should not.

• Love 4

I think the plaintiff said he only owned three feet from the side of his house, and he had totally blocked the space between the aunt's house, and his house, with his junk, and had built temporary gates front and back to protect his stuff.    He tried to claim he owned more land, and that's the point of the diagram he made, and I'm sure that showed a jog in the property line in his favor.         I'm just glad he had to get it out of the former barber shop on the bottom of the aunt's house, because I'm sure all of that flammable, rotting stuff was stuffed full in the old store, and that's a huge fire hazard.      And the valuable stuff had been out there for years, so he certainly wasn't doing anything but piling up stuff, and more junk there either.      How valuable is your stuff, when you don't touch it for three years, sitting outside, and stuffed in an old building before that?     

Were there old vehicles in the hoard too?   Because once they leave there, they have to be either junked, or registered, and since it was California, they have to be running and able to pass the smog test.     I'm guessing their future is either stored in some garage, or turned into scrap.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet a dumpster is the right place for it, and I'm betting he moved virtually nothing either, because I bet his house is floor to ceiling hoard.   I hate hoarders, for the way they endanger others with their junk, and for the vermin that move into junk piles.      I'm hoping this case brought the fire marshal's attention to this property, and that the way he's piling up stuff inside his house is a fire hazard to houses that are so close together.  

Sing it! 

20 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

To me, it would be same to assume that since the P was a real estate agent, and getting permits, etc, to do work on the building, she would have had a survey done.  It almost sounded like she was saying three INCHES and he was saying three FEET.  I didn't see or hear anything from the P that would indicate she wasn't operating in a way she should not.

I thought the same thing, the only thing that worried me is I was afraid there would be a law similar to what I've seen with land property line issues. Something along the lines of if you let someone use a portion of your property after so long said area becomes the ownership of the user, or some such nonsense. I think there may have been a case on JJ years ago but my memory isn't what it used to be. 

• Love 6

"Adverse Possession" is where (depending on the state) you can use and maintain a property, and eventually claim it.     I think that's one reason the niece really pushed the junk removal, and so she could start rehabbing the property for eventual sale, at over three times the current value.     That was why the agreement with the aunt that had expired so long ago entered into it.   Apparently, if I have this correct (and I'm not betting of that either), the man had his junk in the old downstairs former barber shop for a few years, and then he was told to get it out of there, so there was an oral agreement with the aunt that he could have the stuff in the property alley between the buildings, but as the real estate agent niece said, oral agreements are only good for one year, and then have to be written, and are only good for what is written in the contract, and signed by both parties.   

I'm sure if the loony defendant had kept stuff in the barber shop until the aunt died, he might have just tried to use the building for illegal storage, but with the niece in the picture he couldn't, because she knows the law, and she wants him off the property.  I think it was said that the junk on the property line, and over on the aunt's had been there three years, and that's way too short for adverse possession.      I feel sorry for the people who had to load the dumpster, because I'm sure that there were all kinds of creatures living in the pile.   I'm positive he didn't move his junk, and hope we someday get a follow up to this story.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, GoodieGirl said:

I thought the same thing, the only thing that worried me is I was afraid there would be a law similar to what I've seen with land property line issues. Something along the lines of if you let someone use a portion of your property after so long said area becomes the ownership of the user, or some such nonsense. I think there may have been a case on JJ years ago but my memory isn't what it used to be. 

20 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

"Adverse Possession" is where (depending on the state) you can use and maintain a property, and eventually claim it.     I think that's one reason the niece really pushed the junk removal, and so she could start rehabbing the property for eventual sale, at over three times the current value.     That was why the agreement with the aunt that had expired so long ago entered into it.   Apparently, if I have this correct (and I'm not betting of that either), the man had his junk in the old downstairs former barber shop for a few years, and then he was told to get it out of there, so there was an oral agreement with the aunt that he could have the stuff in the property alley between the buildings, but as the real estate agent niece said, oral agreements are only good for one year, and then have to be written, and are only good for what is written in the contract, and signed by both parties.     I'm sure if the loony defendant had kept stuff in the barber shop until the aunt died, he might have just tried to use the building for illegal storage, but with the niece in the picture he couldn't, because she knows the law, and she wants him off the property.  I think it was said that the junk on the property line, and over on the aunt's had been there three years, and that's way too short for adverse possession.      I feel sorry for the people who had to load the dumpster, because I'm sure that there were all kinds of creatures living in the pile.   I'm positive he didn't move his junk, and hope we someday get a follow up to this story.   

Adverse possession takes years (I know someone trying to get a small strip of land behind their house that no one seems to know who it belongs to).  This wouldn't have been long enough (yet), but I can't blame the niece for wanting his crap off of there.  If it starts a fire, or harbors vermin, she's stuck with it.  Plus he'd be the kind to want to fight for squatter's rights or something similar.

• Love 7