Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Yep, I think she wins.  Wow.  You know, she may have a SLIGHT point, that the girl was driving the car.  But sheer humanity would prevent 99.9% of people from copping her attitude and "right" to sue.  I think it is her attitude that is most revolting.  How awful. Poor kid. You know his life was made miserable after this appearance.  My heart aches for the defendant mom.  So tragic, and then to have to endure this nonsense. But the whole world now knows.

Worst of all, according to the mom, she left the keys and the car and gave permission for them to sit in the car and listen to music. It's not like the girl stole the keys from out of the mom's purse to get into the car.  She was given the keys. And while the son wasn't driving, he certainly didn't do anything to stop the girl from driving off in the car.  And instead of feeling bad that she allowed the girl access to the car and keys, she sues.   What a horrible woman. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, SandyToes said:

You know, she may have a SLIGHT point, that the girl was driving the car. 

Yes, but she was a minor. It was up to that sociopathic Reptile (apologies to upstanding reptiles everywhere.) to not give car keys to minors and let them do what they will with them. The fault is hers. She was negligent, it ended in tragedy and her suing the mother for the cost of some old beater car literally defies belief.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Never mind litigant - she was one of the worst sub-humans anywhere. It still boggles my mind.

I made it through three minutes before I had to turn it off. I remember her and that case vividly. I wish I could forget her. She is a wretched piece of filth who I hope lives a life of waking misery every goddamned day she's on earth. Her and that mouth-breathing son with the man boobs.

She was awful in the courtroom but I really lost in in her hallterview. 16 year olds make bad choices. The whole idea is that adults need to guide them and giving a 16 year old and a 14 year old access to a car for hours (seeing as they had time to sit and listen to music, drive down to one house, go to a friend's house and be on their way back when the accident happened) and no supervision is negligent, if not legally at the very least morally and instead of suing a woman who lost her teenaged daughter, she should hold her son tight and be grateful that she doesn't have to know that pain.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, ElleMo said:

And while the son wasn't driving, he certainly didn't do anything to stop the girl from driving off in the car. 

Of course not. His mom lets him - a 14 year old - drive the car all the time.

"Attractive nuisance", bitch. That's what you provided, and you're lucky this was only small claims court.

• Love 2

"Outrageous" doesn't even begin to describe her. That woman has to be a certifiable sociopath - totally devoid of empathy, compassion or remorse. She felt nothing at all. If someone's child lost her life because I let my over-fed puky kid drive "all the time" I would feel guilt every day and go to my grave with it. A busted-up car would never figure in my mind.

• Love 5

I don't know what happened to the mother, but the son didn't turn out very well.  He's in jail in California awaiting trial on a three strikes case (attempted murder, among other things).  He's facing life in prison, and from the number of witnesses and evidence, I'd bet he's going down.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

I don't know what happened to the mother, but the son didn't turn out very well.  He's in jail in California awaiting trial on a three strikes case (attempted murder, among other things).  He's facing life in prison, and from the number of witnesses and evidence, I'd bet he's going down.

Wow.  You mean that stupid-looking marshmallow of a kid who could barely conceal his smile while talking about the death of his friend?  I'm not surprised about the murder charge, but anything that involved actual movement really would surprise me.  Not that he wasn't raised well, of course.

Do you have a link to this info?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yes, but she was a minor. It was up to that sociopathic Reptile (apologies to upstanding reptiles everywhere.) to not give car keys to minors and let them do what they will with them. The fault is hers. She was negligent, it ended in tragedy and her suing the mother for the cost of some old beater car literally defies belief.

The girl's mother should be suing HER! She was supervising and made a catastrophic decision.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

Hmmm

With this new information, I wonder if there is more to the accident story. We only have his and his mother's version of events.

• Love 4
(edited)

Never mind my post.

Zahdii has provided all the necessary info and more.

Edited by PsychoKlown
46 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Wow.  You mean that stupid-looking marshmallow of a kid who could barely conceal his smile while talking about the death of his friend?  I'm not surprised about the murder charge, but anything that involved actual movement really would surprise me.  Not that he wasn't raised well, of course.

Do you have a link to this info?

This one is from right after this last attack.  It also has some details about one of his other stikes.

Here are some links to other stories, pretty much the same thing in every article.  However, some of the comments are interesting.  Several people commented on seeing Mr. Moore hanging around.  They all mentioned that he seemed drugged or mentally unbalanced.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article66545817.html

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article39062046.html

https://calcoastnews.com/2016/03/man-accused-of-beating-slo-woman-facing-life-in-prison/comment-page-2/#comments

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Thanks, Zahdii.  I do wonder, with that harridan sociopath he has for a mother, if he ever even had a chance to be anything but what he turned out to be.

I also wonder if he was really the one driving way back when.

And if his mom knew that and coached him into telling that story.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Thanks, Zahdii.  I do wonder, with that harridan sociopath he has for a mother, if he ever even had a chance to be anything but what he turned out to be.

I also wonder if he was really the one driving way back when.

Oh, good lord.  This just makes me sick to my stomach.  Because I can totally see this.  And his mom coaching him.  Ugh.

May his current circumstances bring some sort of peace to the other mom. I don't know how, or why it would, but maybe.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Great find, @Zahdii. I thought about Googling those wretched people yesterday but thought twice because their names were too common. 

Not at all surprised that he's on the road to life in prison. It turns out one's "moral compass" may, in fact, be hereditary. 

Just curious if his mother will now find a way to sue his victims. 

14 hours ago, Zahdii said:

This one is from right after this last attack.  It also has some details about one of his other stikes.

You know, this makes me question just how the girl (Perianne?)had the accident that ended her life. Maybe nutty dough-boy was trying to assault/grab or punch her while she was driving. If he has no qualms about brutally beating a woman now, I'm sure there was an inkling of that back then.

• Love 6

Wow, so they're from California.  IIRC, there was no caption identifying where they were from when the case aired.  All of us here now who were on the old site then wondered about that. Because Ms. Moore justified her decision to let sonny have the car keys by saying that he didn't need a driver's license if he was driving on private property. We wondered how much property they actually had; it sounded like a lot.

4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

You know, this makes me question just how the girl (Perianne?)had the accident that ended her life. Maybe nutty dough-boy was trying to assault/grab or punch her while she was driving. If he has no qualms about brutally beating a woman now, I'm sure there was an inkling of that back then.

These were also my thoughts as I read the news stories.  He sounds like a serial killer and/or serial rapist!  I wonder if there are any bodies buried on his property. If convicted, he is facing the three strikes law.  I hope he gets jailed for life.  If he follows in his mom's footsteps, he is devoid of empathy and will not change.

Sometimes I wonder why people go on JJ.  I think Moore went on to get some attention for herself and the other mom did it so the world could see what a POS that woman was.

ETA: I just relistened to the clip.  Derrick mentions that they have 7 acres of property.

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Sarcastico said:

Wow, so they're from California.  IIRC, there was no caption identifying where they were from when the case aired.  All of us here now who were on the old site then wondered about that. Because Ms. Moore justified her decision to let sonny have the car keys by saying that he didn't need a driver's license if he was driving on private property. We wondered how much property they actually had; it sounded like a lot.

I'll bet they're (or were) trash with cash.

Pillsbury was wearing stud earrings almost as big as JJ's. 

He probably stole those too.

20 minutes ago, ElleMo said:

These were also my thoughts as I read the news stories.  He sounds like a serial killer and/or serial rapist!  I wonder if there are any bodies buried on his property. If convicted, he is facing the three strikes law.  I hope he gets jailed for life.  If he follows in his mom's footsteps, he is devoid of empathy and will not change.

Sometimes I wonder why people go on JJ.  I think Moore went on to get some attention for herself and the other mom did it so the world could see what a POS that woman was.

ETA: I just relistened to the clip.  Derrick mentions that they have 7 acres of property.

7 acres is large however not large enough to justify giving your 14 year old free rein to drive!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, badhaggis said:

7 acres is large however not large enough to justify giving your 14 year old free rein to drive!

I know kids can drive other motorized vehicles, but does anyone know offhand if children are allowed to drive cars on their property? He's probably been doing it since he was 10.

3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I know kids can drive other motorized vehicles, but does anyone know offhand if children are allowed to drive cars on their property? He's probably been doing it since he was 10.

The California DMV website says yes, though it doesn't mention any minimum ages. You have to be 15 1/2 to get a learners permit. One Q&A page said basically "the law says you can, but if anything happens your insurance company will say no."

Rerun: what an asshole. Charity golf tourney, including a nice prime rib meal and some shwag. Entry fee is $100. Last year plaintiff won $400. This year there's a tie, and it's split among the winners. The other 3 turn around and donate their $100 - this guy sues because he didn't get $400 again. Halterview: "he really doesn't get the spirit of a charity tournament".

• Love 6
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

That was the other possibility that occurred to me.  Whichever way the accident came about, I'm left with little doubt that he caused it.  And conveniently, we have only his word for what happened.  The three strikes law couldn't apply to a better person.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jamoche said:

The California DMV website says yes, though it doesn't mention any minimum ages. You have to be 15 1/2 to get a learners permit.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure someone with a learner's permit can't drive without a licensed driver in the car, or at least it always was that way.

Couldn't really take the reruns today, but I need to know who is to blame for David - super-short, homely, druggie/felon/jailbird/mega-loser with a cartoon voice - actually believing that he is winsome, sexy and appealing? I can't blame it all on dopey plaintiff who thought David was A-Okay, or the imbecilic Jessica, who is likewise a druggie jailbird. There have to be others out there who convinced this Dobby-like little troll that he is "all that." Those people need a good whoppin'.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Thanks! I'm pretty sure someone with a learner's permit can't drive without a licensed driver in the car, or at least it always was that way.

They can drive solo, too. It basically boiled down to "we have no jurisdiction over your private property; it's up to you not to be idiots about it". I knew farm kids in Texas who'd driven the family truck solo when they were 14 or so, but they were responsible about it, not joyriding sociopaths-in-training.

• Love 4

So, like, no one is talking about the frightening, disabled general contractor and scam artist, Deborah Smith?  Woman just loved her papers, of which she had more of than someone defending a capital case in Surpreme court. JJ telling her to stop playing with them just didn't penetrate, so Byrd had to amble over and give her The Word.  Deborah terrorized the mousy defendant, also named Smith, and conned 25K out of him, but hey - he gave it to her willingly. Just coincidentally, plaintiff stopped being disabled, or got cut off after sucking up 23 years of payment, just about when Mr. Smith decided to start showering her with money. Mr. Smith was letting Ms. Smith live in his near-unlivable house because he wanted to make it easier for her to do the work, or somthing like that. She disappeared then reappeared, climbing in his window and beat him up. This is one case I wish could have been longer.

Then we had a bunch of yahoos fighting over a 23 year old Ford. Plaintiff has no problem paying belligerent, shifty def 3 times the value of the ancient hoopty, because, well - neither he nor his shop-worn betrothed have an ounce of credit between them. He figures a dealer will charge him twice the amount for any car with sky-high interest so why not just pay some big-mouthed shyster 3 times the value right up front? Good lord. Def. don't put no stock in no stupid Blue Book. Blue books don't buy cars - people buy cars! They were all like some really bad comedy skit.

Edited by AngelaHunter
I may be mistaken, and Ms. Smith may have crawled up under the house and then in.
  • Love 9
On 3/10/2017 at 4:20 PM, Jamoche said:

The California DMV website says yes, though it doesn't mention any minimum ages. You have to be 15 1/2 to get a learners permit. One Q&A page said basically "the law says you can, but if anything happens your insurance company will say no."

I know of one case in CA where the parent was cited not for violation of any motor vehicle code but instead for child endangerment  for allowing an eleven-year-old to drive herself and a sibling on private property.

• Love 2

Finally got a little time to catch up.

The Minnesota Rental Car Bust Up: Listening to all of them and their horrific grammar hurt my ears, but is Laird "Who have a brick in they house?" Williams some kind of a throwback? Nice scene he and his violent wife (who are unfortunately breeding) enacted in front of a 4-year old, but I have a feeling the kid is used to it and will probably grow up thinking that violence and vandalism is the normal way to settle disagreements.

At first I felt sorry for Ms. Helms (who is suing her son for costs associated with her 30-year old truck) in her walker chair and who has a son I thought was the typical slacker, useless parasite still sucking Mommy's blood when he's nearly 30. Turns out Ms. Helms is a lying, vicious, nasty hag who wouldn't know how to tell the truth if it slapped her in the face. Son seemed like an okay guy after all that.

JJ finally got fed up with Robbie Dickerson calling her "Miss" and corrected him. Just the usual garbage of someone buying a car and letting someone else drive it and it got tickets and blah blah. I just wish Robbie's woman had spoken. She looked like a real winner.

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:20 PM, Jamoche said:

Rerun: what an asshole. Charity golf tourney, including a nice prime rib meal and some shwag. Entry fee is $100. Last year plaintiff won $400. This year there's a tie, and it's split among the winners. The other 3 turn around and donate their $100 - this guy sues because he didn't get $400 again. Halterview: "he really doesn't get the spirit of a charity tournament".

Yeah, it's kind-of generally expected that if you win money at a charity event that you will give at least some back.  My husband was in a charity bowling tournament a few years back (I may have mentioned this when this ep was new).  His average is about 150.  Most of the bowlers there were just there for fun.  I think he was the only current league bowler there.  Despite the lanes constantly breaking down and other associated issues, he managed to pull out a 205 one game, and was high point for the night.  They handed him a $350 cash prize.  We promptly gave $150 back (we alone raised over $500 in pledges, and our other team members had at least $100 each - had we gathered less donations, we'd have given more back).  Last fall, we were playing BINGO at one of the resorts in our favorite chain.  We're not BINGO people by any stretch, but a chunk of the money goes to Special Olympics, and support that cause wholeheartedly.  We'd never won - ever - but have watched people win, and they generally give part of the money back - especially if it's a large pot.  I managed to win "reverse BINGO" last fall - I was the last person who hadn't had a BINGO on their card.  I won right around $50 (at one of the larger resorts, prizes often go in to the hundreds of dollars), and some other prizes.  I gave all but $20 back ($20 covered the cost of our cards), and gave one of the prizes to the person who was the only other one with no BINGO on their card until that last number was called.  I know it's not required, but when you're doing something to raise money for charity and win cash, my husband and I both feel it's prudent to give at least some of it back.  The golf tournament guy got swag, a lunch tote with snacks and water, and a nice dinner.  He should just STFU.  I thought it was odd that he was only lamenting about being banned from the restaurant.  Poor him.....

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:52 PM, AngelaHunter said:

So, like, no one is talking about the frightening, disabled general contractor and scam artist, Deborah Smith?  Woman just loved her papers, of which she had more of than someone defending a capital case in Surpreme court. JJ telling her to stop playing with them just didn't penetrate, so Byrd had to amble over and give her The Word.  Deborah terrorized the mousy defendant, also named Smith, and conned 25K out of him, but hey - he gave it to her willingly. Just coincidentally, plaintiff stopped being disabled, or got cut off after sucking up 23 years of payment, just about when Mr. Smith decided to start showering her with money. Mr. Smith was letting Ms. Smith live in his near-unlivable house because he wanted to make it easier for her to do the work, or somthing like that. She disappeared then reappeared, climbing in his window and beat him up. This is one case I wish could have been longer.

Yes, I would have liked to see more of that. That woman was straaaaaaaaaange.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

Yeah, it's kind-of generally expected that if you win money at a charity event that you will give at least some back. 

I know people who do this but I never do.   I paid money to be in a game or a lottery and if I win, it's mine.  Otherwise, they should have just asked me for $20 and be done with it. (Not that I win a lot and most of the time if I do win it is an object and not cash.)

That being said, I wouldn't whine to the organizers if I got less than I expected.

• Love 3

I am watching a repeat and it is about the pig that got loose into someone else's property.  JJ didn't mention that the defendant better keep her pig behind a fence or the plaintiff might eat the pig.  Was that edited out or were there two pig episodes?

I never saw Mr.Matya vs Ms. Hoffman and I did so enjoy it. It was hilarious! Two church-going people, generous, caring, altruistic and I assume religious, except he's a dirty old man trying to trade teeth for sex and she's a rough, lowlife scammer who has probably has traded stuff for sex, although probably never anything as valuable as teeth. I just didn't understand why, if Mr. Matya can afford teeth, he never bought some for himself. Oh, but he's a do-gooder who has helped out other deserving people before! Who has he helped? Why, he gave money, coincidentally, to whatever kind of establishment Ms. Hoffman had parked her rear end. He suddenly had a burning desire to make sure the denizens of the halfway house had food, you see. It had nothing to do with him wanting to get into Ms. Hoffman's drawers.

She earned 50$/week at McDonald's, yet she "makes ends meet." How, she'd rather not say. These two upstanding, churchy people were awesome and I just loved them. I never understand this type of dirty old man, though. He could easily hire a hooker multiple times for way less than 1700-odd dollars and he wouldn't have to be publicly ridiculed as he was here, by the lovely Ms. H.

• Love 2

Watching the episode with daughter suing mom for a closed bank account.  I understand why JJ didn't rule in her favor, but I think the mom did it.  I don't believe her when she says she doesn't remember.

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, califred said:

I believe the mom absolutely did it too.  It's too bad there's not proof.

I think you're both probably right, but the plaintiff looked so much like a girl I really didn't like in high school that I had to root for the mother.

On 3/13/2017 at 5:43 PM, ElleMo said:

Watching the episode with daughter suing mom for a closed bank account.  I understand that JJ didn't rule in her favor, but I think the mom did it.  I don't believe her when she says she doesn't remember.

Ditto. There's just a bare hint of a smirk when she says that. JJ usually picks up on body language like that.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, ElleMo said:

I know people who do this but I never do.   I paid money to be in a game or a lottery and if I win, it's mine.  Otherwise, they should have just asked me for $20 and be done with it. (Not that I win a lot and most of the time if I do win it is an object and not cash.)

That being said, I wouldn't whine to the organizers if I got less than I expected.

I only do if it's a charity event.  And no, it's not required.  How much/what I win, and whether it's a charity I really throw my support behind determines how much I give back.  Also, if it's a "thon" type charity, how much I raised helps determine that.  When I won that "Reverse BINGO" game, I didn't win a lot of money, so I kept out my costs, and gave the rest back.  I was more stoked about winning the t-shirts (LOOOOOOOONG story).  The bottle of champagne I got was handed to the person who hung in the longest, and "came in 2nd" so to speak.  We don't drink alcohol.  She was thrilled to get it.  My mom likes to gamble (she used to play BINGO a lot - she's backed off in recent years), but she has a friend that none of us care for, and she's one of these people that if you're playing with her, she expects to get a cut of any large pots you win.  When I was a teen, she also used to play with people like that and it really used to tick me off.  I would go to BINGO, not because I liked it (I hated it) but because if I wanted something and had to pay for it myself, it was the fastest way to get it.  We didn't get big allowances in the 80's, and if I wanted new figure skates that were $200, it was up to me to raise it, and it would take me 2 years, so one or two good wins (or a few small ones) would do it.  And I got lucky a few times and won decent pots before I went on a band trip, or a foreign language trip, and most people would say "You take that money to (wherever) and just bring me back a souvenir", but there would always be one or two cranky old bats who wanted their cut, regardless.  Really turned me off of gambling, which is probably a good thing.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:30 PM, ElleMo said:

I am watching a repeat and it is about the pig that got loose into someone else's property.  JJ didn't mention that the defendant better keep her pig behind a fence or the plaintiff might eat the pig.  Was that edited out or were there two pig episodes?

There was a 2nd pig case. That one was multiple pigs and they did damage and dug up a woman's garden.  That was the one where the woman claimed it wasn't her pigs, but showed photos of her pigs with her kids that were clearly the pigs in question, and where Judge Judy gave the woman permission to shoot the pigs the next time they were on her property.  Mr. Funky and I commented on that yesterday when we watched it off the DVR.

9 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

I think you're both probably right, but the plaintiff looked so much like a girl I really didn't like in high school that I had to root for the mother.

Mr. Funky's late evil mother emptied out his student loan account (she was a co-signer - bank required it, and it was a huge mistake to make her one) and got him kicked out of school.  Her excuse was "She needed the money", and it then became his step-dad's fault because he lost his job and they couldn't put the money back.  Mmm-hmm.  That never would have happened, even if he hadn't lost his job.  He paid that money back, too.  We tried to get it out of his name, but it would have involved filing criminal charges against her, and he didn't want to do that.  I don't belive JJ was on then, or I would have wanted to take it there.  So needless to say, I was not rooting for the mom in any way.

Edited by funky-rat
Continuity matters
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

Mr. Funky's late evil mother emptied out his student loan account (she was a co-signer - bank required it, and it was a huge mistake to make her one) and got him kicked out of school. 

My paternal DNA contributor put money in a tax-free "gift to minors" account in my name, and then amazingly enough when I got a computer in 10th grade (in 1980 - a very big thing) that account mysteriously went down by $2000. So come the divorce, when he tried to claim my computer was actually his, I had evidence. Wouldn't be surprised if the lawyers pitched it as "shut up, or hey! Look at this lovely tax fraud." (Both lawyers. He'd pissed off his own lawyer too. You may not be required to contribute to your over-18 yo kid's college, but your lawyer will think you're a dick if you don't.)

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Jamoche said:

My paternal DNA contributor put money in a tax-free "gift to minors" account in my name, and then amazingly enough when I got a computer in 10th grade (in 1980 - a very big thing) that account mysteriously went down by $2000. So come the divorce, when he tried to claim my computer was actually his, I had evidence. Wouldn't be surprised if the lawyers pitched it as "shut up, or hey! Look at this lovely tax fraud." (Both lawyers. He'd pissed off his own lawyer too. You may not be required to contribute to your over-18 yo kid's college, but your lawyer will think you're a dick if you don't.)

Well, at least he's not alone in having a parent mess with his important financials.  Sorry you had to deal with that.  He told her he'd be responsible for paying the loans back, and her response was to sue the school for false advertising (Um....huh?), since they threw him out.  Well, his account to draw his grant, scholarship, and loan money out of was empty (and at her hands).  He couldn't pay for school.  So what did she expect him to do?  He got upset and told her that he could be a jerk and file charges to get it out of his name and they'd come after her.  She said "Tell them to get in line".  She just didn't care.  I can't fathom being that cold and heartless, but she justified it because he left to go to school in another state instead of going to school in essentially their backyard, and he worked 2 jobs through most of high school to pay the household bills and sometimes his mom's car payment and/or mortgage.  When he left, it was all his fault.  I sometimes think she took his money on purpose to get him to come back home.  He gave her the middle finger by moving in with my parents.  Sucks to be her.

• Love 3
On 3/8/2017 at 11:27 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Never mind litigant - she was one of the worst sub-humans anywhere. It still boggles my mind.

Oh. My. God.

If this wasn't the most tragic thing I've ever seen, the look on JJs face at 3:42 would've made me burst out laughing.

Halterview:  "Perri Ann died because she made some stupid mistakes" brought to mind Mahalia Jackson's rendition of Take My Hand, Precious Lord (because yours is the only thing that will keep from deading this bitch where she stands).

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:43 PM, ElleMo said:

Watching the episode with daughter suing mom for a closed bank account.  I understand why JJ didn't rule in her favor, but I think the mom did it.  I don't believe her when she says she doesn't remember.

I watched this one again, too. The first time around, I was totally on board with mom being the one who closed it.  But having raised two kids not unlike the daughter, and having listened to it again, I think it IS possible that the daughter took out the money when she and boyfriend decided to move in and had no cash.  "Hey, I've got some cash I can get."  That young, they don't understand all the penalties, etc. And it had been long enough that maybe SHE had forgotten, too.  Maybe mom was pleading ignorance to help the girl save face?  (knowing the daughter had taken it?)  We had a special account set up for our daughter, and when she moved in with boyfriend when she became an "adult" we lost track of that account, and often wonder if she closed it/cashed it. 

Hard to say on this one, which is why JJ had no recourse. Not any evidence. 

I was pretty amazed at the hair on the plaintiff in the confusing car gift/loan case today (might have been a repeat).  But I assume the woman was paying her insurance monthly, which was mind boggling to Judge Judy.  $40 a month is $240 for six months, which is not unreasonable for liability only insurance.

• Love 1

Afternoon repeat with plaintiffs and defendant who all had ear gauges: Defendant Cassandra absolutely should have left sister and sister's BF house. As she said, she left because of "lack of disrespect." I am proud of you, Cassandra! I leave anytime someone doesn't disrespect me. We all deserve disrespect! 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Afternoon repeat with plaintiffs and defendant who all had ear gauges: Defendant Cassandra absolutely should have left sister and sister's BF house. As she said, she left because of "lack of disrespect." I am proud of you, Cassandra! I leave anytime someone doesn't disrespect me. We all deserve disrespect! 

And somewhere in the world, Aretha Franklin is incredibly annoyed.

• Love 10