Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Heh, JJ said 'fakakta'.

That brought me such incredible joy. One of my favorite Yiddish words (and I'm Catholic)

I got a big old pair of scissors here at work to contribute to the "Let's Give Dumbass Breeder Man a Taste of His Own Medicine" drive. There are heavy black handled old shears which actually have rust on them. They barely cut paper. I inherited them from whoever had my job before (probably Methuselah). That guy just pissed me off so bad that I wanted to slap him across the face with the scissors. 

When I got my pug (not really a rescue but came from a third party I didn't know where the owners were splitting up), I noticed she had no dew claws. I was told that at birth breeders will pinch or clip off the dewclaws so that the dog has no problems with them later. (dog came from a puppy store which in turn I guarantee got her from a puppy mill). 

• Love 2

The barbershop case? What the heck was that all about? Three guys wanting a trip to CA?

Same with the grandparents suing over grandparents rights. I need to rewatch and turn on captioning, I guess, because the only thing I saw coming out of that case was Grandma and Grandpa taking sweet kids to Disneyland on JJ's dime.

Did see a case earlier today where delusional/co-dependent mom didn't pay daughter's bail bondsman, and son-in-law who had cosigned for it repossessed mom's truck. Very cut and dried, for everyone on the planet.  Except, of course, the mom. I understand not wanting to see one's child hurt, or in a bad spot. But you can't keep (literally!) bailing them out or they will never grow up. Even at age 35, or however old she was.  And if you agree to pay the bondsman, well, gee, pay him!

Crackin' up at Mr. Young suing his mom. He's a hoot. Nice to see a young man with some money sense. Some. Interesting that he was required to co-sign for her! Loved her calling him her YOUNG son. hahaha!  Get it?!

Glad I missed the puppy ears case.

• Love 2
On August 31, 2016 at 5:53 PM, AuntiePam said:

I wish JJ had given the defective puppies back to the plaintiffs, instead of giving them money.  OTOH, maybe the puppies have become attached to the defendant.

UGH. I'm not so sure those dogs will have a long, decent life with either the Plaintiff or the Defendant. All of those people are nothing more than backyard breeders, who, I wish would all just die off this earth. There is no need for any of them to exist. Those poor dogs were seen for an NSAID overdose -- well, no wonder! They're outside all goddamned day, unsupervised, and probably starving. They're gonna down those tasty Rimadyls any chance they get. And that dumbass Defendant said "systemic" instead of "systolic." Grade III heart murmurs in dogs are pretty significant and I have every reason to believe the mother of that puppy had a heart defect as well. Bonus points for that trashy bitch using "tooken" in her hallterview - thereby completing the circle of the perfect, piece of human garbage JJ litigant. 

Insofar as ear cropping, many vets refuse to do the procedure any more and breeders, even bottom-feeding ones like Sha-Ron and his pal, take to self-help measures and do the surgeries themselves. It's fucking sick. I'm not sure of the AKC rules anymore on ear cropping, but it needs to end. 

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I'm not sure of the AKC rules anymore on ear cropping, but it needs to end. 

As per AKC's website, a bill was introduced back in 2006 that would make it illegal to crop a show dog's ears or dock their tails, and that owners would have to produce paperwork saying that an animal who had had those things done had received the procedures before the first of September of that year. Here is the article:

http://www.akc.org/government-relations/legislative-alerts/ny-bill-would-prohibit-cropping-docking/

• Love 3

What the hell with the "grandparents' rights advocates" and the flaky Kourtney Karm, who has no recollection of appearing in court and signing a consent order???    I fear for those children's gene pool. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Quof said:

What the hell with the "grandparents' rights advocates" and the flaky Kourtney Karm, who has no recollection of appearing in court and signing a consent order???    I fear for those children's gene pool. 

Not to mention the son's armed robbery convictions. 

I totally expected JJ to tear Slick the Shifty Lawyer apart limb-by-limb but he came prepared.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Albino said:

I totally expected JJ to tear Slick the Shifty Lawyer apart limb-by-limb but he came prepared.

I think the reason JJ didn't give him anything on his counter-claim was because he did such a shit job explaining things to his clients.  He should have made it clear to them why there had to be a divorce action even though there was no marriage.  JJ didn't do such a good job either -- they still didn't understand.  She wasted time explaining counts, concurrent, consecutive, etc. when she could have educated them about domestic law, that the father's rights to visitation had to be established.  But since it was Texas, maybe JJ didn't know enough about Texas law to make it clear to them.

• Love 2

Insane barbershop clown posse. What was up with that? Between the witness who wasn't there but was there, didn't call the police because it wasn't his business, and the drinking, I still have no idea what happened. I know that JJ swatted a fly, which was appropriately timed. 

JJ made quick work of the boy suing his mother, who admitted she promised to pay after a few smirks. 

The grandparent case was fun too. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GussieK said:

Insane barbershop clown posse. What was up with that? Between the witness who wasn't there but was there, didn't call the police because it wasn't his business, and the drinking, I still have no idea what happened. I know that JJ swatted a fly, which was appropriately timed. 

JJ made quick work of the boy suing his mother, who admitted she promised to pay after a few smirks. 

The grandparent case was fun too. 

The bald guy goes to a barbershop to get his hair cut, waitress from next door bring margaritas, shots being fired.   Crazy barber like "Edward Scissorhands" holding the gun also has a knife.  And this is the barber's night job.  He works construction during the day.  Makes sense to me. Except I would have gone with Sweeny Todd instead of Edward Scissorhands.

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 5

that the father's rights to visitation had to be established.

Didn't she? I thought she explained to them why their son was seeking visitation, so that the grandparents could see the kids? Doesn't matter I guess, since they didn't seem to understand much. It's sad, but I was actually impressed by the lawyer who is the first we've seen here who wasn't an outrageous shyster, didn't leave all his paperwork at home (because he felt it wasn't necessary) and who did seem to know if he was afoot or horseback. Not so for the blank-eyed idiot Kourtney, who must have been in a fugue state when she appeared in court since it's been wiped from her memory banks.

JJ earned her pay today when she actually sat all the way through !Panic at the Barbershop! - oh, the rehearsed histrionics, the grandiose gestures, the incomprehensible stories and the brutally murdered grammar was all unbearable. Anyone else, well-paid or not, would have said, "Get the fuck out of here, all of you!"  

Loved Byrd's "Da fuq?" face when Willie Young was talking 100 mph.

Crazy lady with the Punky Brewster hairdo suing her boyfriend - who looked like he was a character named "Slick" from a 1930s comedy movie - for half of every dinner they ate out, was silly and boring.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Didn't she? I thought she explained to them why their son was seeking visitation, so that the grandparents could see the kids? Doesn't matter I guess, since they didn't seem to understand much.

She sure did, but she didn't say it often enough, or slowly enough, or draw them a diagram.  Grandma and grandpa didn't seem stupid, but JJ and the lawyer both needed to dumb it down.  It's hard sometimes, to simplify, and then there's that thing with lawyers, where they enjoy showing off their fancy Latin terms and esoteric rules. 

There must have been some problems with Kourtney at first, or they wouldn't have had to go to court. 

There will be problems again, because I don't see Kourtney waiting patiently for Chris to get out of prison.  Grandma and grandpa will probably end up raising those kids, or at least supporting them financially. 

• Love 2

Watching the grandparent one.  Son pleads guilty to two different robberies and father gets upset when lawyer mentions son has a drug problem.  Insists son doesn't have a problem.  Really? 

I agree with Auntie Pam.  Lawyer and JJ needed to speak a little more simply, starting with:. Grandparents cannot be given visitation rights.  The only way you can see the grandkids is for son to see them.

Neither JJ or lawyer understood why grandparents were upset.  Son won't be seeing kids much while in jail.  They wanted assurances that they could see grandkids when he was in jail.  If I understand correctly, the law cannot do that, only mom if she chooses.  Lawyer should have made it clearer to them about that.

• Love 5

JJ didn't do such a good job either -- they still didn't understand. 

This wasn't not JJ's problem, she explained the issue clearly several times. I don't know if grandma is ignorant or just plain stupid or possibly both. I did enjoy seeing JJ educated on Texas law since she has often said that "common law marriages" don't exist. Plus it was fun to see a lawyer start off badly but end up looking OK, in spite of his version of a Jerri curl hairdo.

• Love 2

in spite of his version of a Jerri curl hairdo

I thought it looked more like a run-over squirrel.

This wasn't not JJ's problem, she explained the issue clearly several times.

Yes, she did. She told them that legally grandparents have no rights. They continued to use the words "grandparents' rights". Either they were ignoring her or they were unable to understand simple English.

I did get a suprise when Grandpa opened his mouth. I was expecting some hillbilly drawl, not the Cockney accent!

Grandma and grandpa will probably end up raising those kids, or at least supporting them financially. 

Definitely. Kortney doesn't have the sense not to pop out two babies with a criminal. When JJ asked if she and the jailbird were married, I said out loud, "Married? On this show? You've got to be kidding."

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Albino said:

Not to mention the son's armed robbery convictions. 

And he was I believe correct. Grandparent visitation orders can only be made when the parents are divorced or getting a divorce so in order to get the Grandparent visitation he would first have to get the parents in court for a divorce.  My inlaws tried to demand grandparents rights years ago and found that there was no such thing

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ElleMo said:

The bald guy goes to a barbershop to get his hair cut, waitress from next door bring margaritas, shots being fired.   Crazy barber like "Edward Scissorhands" holding the gun also has a knife.  And this is the barber's night job.  He works construction during the day.  Makes sense to me. Except I would have gone with Sweeny Todd instead of Edward Scissorhands.

My main issue with the case is: HE'S BALD!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

As per AKC's website, a bill was introduced back in 2006 that would make it illegal to crop a show dog's ears or dock their tails, and that owners would have to produce paperwork saying that an animal who had had those things done had received the procedures before the first of September of that year. Here is the article:

http://www.akc.org/government-relations/legislative-alerts/ny-bill-would-prohibit-cropping-docking/

Hmmm, not sure what your point is. At first I thought you were saying the AKC was supporting the bill which would regulate ear cropping (the bill would only regulate the practice in NY State.) Actually, the article quoted is urging dog owners to oppose the bill. If you go to the "POSITION STATEMENTS" on the AKC site under "EAR CROPPING, TAIL DOCKING AND DEWCLAW REMOVAL" you see their position according to their 2016 pdf is " The American Kennel Club® recognizes that ear cropping, tail docking, and dewclaw removal, as described in certain breed standards, are acceptable practices integral to defining and preserving breed character and/or enhancing good health. Appropriate veterinary care should be provided." 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Either they were ignoring her or they were unable to understand simple English.

As I like to say "Sometimes they're hard of hearing, but sometimes they're just hard of understanding."

• Love 6

In the grandparent case, I think the lawyer probably did explain everything to them.  It seemed like he did a lot of work to get a legal marriage recognized in order to the the divorce granted which then included visitation rights for the father (and thus the grandparents).  I actually ended up disliking the grandparents as they got EXACTLY what they wanted due to the lawyer's actions and then wanted their money back.  The visitation started because of the lawyer's actions.  Then the mom, who really doesn't know or understand where she has been and what she was doing there (i.e. her continued denials of being in court even after the lawyer produced the evidence and JJ read it to her), probably allowed even more visitation by the grandparents because she probably wants more time to do 'stuff' and the grandparents are free baby sitters.  The grandparents were in complete denial about their son (it wasn't two sentences, he's not on drugs, etc.) so of course they are in denial about the effective work the lawyer did on their behalf.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Didn't she? I thought she explained to them why their son was seeking visitation, so that the grandparents could see the kids? Doesn't matter I guess, since they didn't seem to understand much. 

JJ earned her pay today when she actually sat all the way through !Panic at the Barbershop! - oh, the rehearsed histrionics, the grandiose gestures, the incomprehensible stories and the brutally murdered grammar was all unbearable. Anyone else, well-paid or not, would have said, "Get the fuck out of here, all of you!"  

Crazy lady with the Punky Brewster hairdo suing her boyfriend - who looked like he was a character named "Slick" from a 1930s comedy movie - for half of every dinner they ate out, was silly and boring.

Well, since we now know that they can take their show on the road so to speak - I guess we'll have to keep checking The People's Court for a more polished version.  Maybe the bald guy will let his hair grow for NY.

JJ is the dress rehearsal apparently.

4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

the grandparents as they got EXACTLY what they wanted due to the lawyer's actions and then wanted their money back.  

We've seen this before - hire a lawyer to accomplish a goal, and when he or she doesn't, sue for the money back. Hiring a lawyer doesn't guarantee winning a case, and some folks just don't get that.  And I agree, I think Gma and Gpa are ultimately going to get to spend a lot of time with the kiddoes.

Well, since we now know that they can take their show on the road so to speak - I guess we'll have to keep checking The People's Court for a more polished version.  Maybe the bald guy will let his hair grow for NY.

JJ is the dress rehearsal apparently.

Ha!  Too funny.

In other news, my spousal unit will be returning from his year away soon (yea!) but that means I may not get my daily JJ fix (boo!)  Maybe I need to DVR and watch in the still of the night...

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 9

SandyToes, glad your SO will be back soon.  We'll understand if you're, um, otherwise occupied for awhile.

I didn't understand what was going on with today's case -- the stolen car being stripped at Antonio Banderas Wannabe's car lot.  Specifically -- why did plaintiff's witness involve himself.  Did he see the car on the lot and then on the street, after it was stripped?  Is that why he stopped to talk to the cops? 

The puppy case was sad.  Parvo -- isn't there a vaccination for that?  Why weren't the puppies vaccinated? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, AuntiePam said:

I didn't understand what was going on with today's case -- the stolen car being stripped at Antonio Banderas Wannabe's car lot.  Specifically -- why did plaintiff's witness involve himself.  Did he see the car on the lot and then on the street, after it was stripped?  Is that why he stopped to talk to the cops? 

I think the witness involved himself because he was a good citizen.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I thought the best thing about this case was Byrd automatically jumping to the "excellent" price. Ok, maybe that was because he figured the owner had tricked out his ride with expensive rims - but I choose to think he just didn't like the defendant.

The puppy case was sad.  Parvo -- isn't there a vaccination for that?  Why weren't the puppies vaccinated? 

Yes, routine vaccination - cheap, highly effective and very low risk of adverse reaction or side effects.  Drives me crazy hearing this breeder, who plans to profit from puppies who didn't take such a simple preventive measure for a highly contagious and deadly disease. Especially as parvo can exist outside a dog and infect an unvaccinationed dog months later. So this lady had a litter wiped out by parvo, yet breeds a second litter which this dude claims also all died? According to her own testimony, the first litter died weeks after they should have been vaccinated. I know defendant was caught lying about the stud fee, but I wouldn't have given this woman anything unless she produced evidence her dogs are current in the vaccinations.

Note: seems we're getting way too many low life dog breeders so far this season - which, to me at least, are no better than dumba$$ owners whose dogs bite/fight/attack someone else. Good grief, shady back yard breeders!!!

Edited by SRTouch
Correction
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Yes, routine vaccination - cheap, highly effective and very low risk of adverse reaction or side effects.  Drives me crazy hearing this breeder, who plans to profit from puppies who didn't take such a simple preventive measure for a highly capacious and deadly disease. Especially as parvo can exist outside a dog and infect an unvaccinationed dog months later. So this lady had a litter wiped out by parvo, yet breeds a second litter which this dude claims also all died? According to her own testimony, the first litter died weeks after they should have been vaccinated. I know defendant was caught lying about the stud fee, but I wouldn't have given this woman anything unless she produced evidence her dogs are current in the vaccinations.

This case made me angry beyond belief!  Such a cheap preventative, such a terrible death for those tiny dogs!  And then SELLING those puppies!  And the cavalier way the defendant said he "got rid" of Knight, the male Cane Corso because he was already two years old!  ARGH!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

This case made me angry beyond belief!  Such a cheap preventative, such a terrible death for those tiny dogs!  And then SELLING those puppies!  And the cavalier way the defendant said he "got rid" of Knight, the male Cane Corso because he was already two years old!  ARGH!

I thought Knight was plaintiff's dog.  ??  Defendant did say something about getting rid of a dog though -- but I thought it was a different dog.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

I thought Knight was plaintiff's dog.  ??  Defendant did say something about getting rid of a dog though -- but I thought it was a different dog.

I think you are right.  I wonder what dog he was referring to...

9 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

I think Knight was plaintiff's dog. Defendant had mentioned having a different dog but got rid of it...because either that dog or Knight was 2 yrs old. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, AuntiePam said:

I think you're correct. He "got rid of" his male because he was afraid the male might become a "one man" dog and might bite his family members. That why he used the plaintiff's Knight as a stud.

Oh, and again, I HATE THESE BACK YARD BREEDERS!

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Monsters, all.  They should be arrested.

Oh darling, being arrested is too humane for these idiots!

In another case, how about the 37 yr old mom doing tequila shots with her 21 yr old daughter and daughter's friend (whose hair had just been dipped in a bucket of red paint and did she draw her eyelashes on???). Friend drove mom's car and was arrested for DUI. Friend's license was already suspended but she did a very inept and clumsy Riverdance about WHY her license was already suspended. It was parking violations when she was driving HER mom's car...but wait, no...it was a moving violation! oh shit, red haired chick. I wasn't born yesterday. You already had a DUI on record. 

And to put a nice red bow on this post for weekend, I echo SRTouch, I HATE BACK YARD BREEDERS! But really, I hate most breeders. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Oh darling, being arrested is too humane for these idiots!

In another case, how about the 37 yr old mom doing tequila shots with her 21 yr old daughter and daughter's friend (whose hair had just been dipped in a bucket of red paint and did she draw her eyelashes on???). Friend drove mom's car and was arrested for DUI. Friend's license was already suspended but she did a very inept and clumsy Riverdance about WHY her license was already suspended. It was parking violations when she was driving HER mom's car...but wait, no...it was a moving violation! oh shit, red haired chick. I wasn't born yesterday. You already had a DUI on record. 

And to put a nice red bow on this post for weekend, I echo SRTouch, I HATE BACK YARD BREEDERS! But really, I hate most breeders. 

Seriously, that girl looked like Rihanna's stylist had gotten hold of her. Were both of their licenses suspended? I was confused about that, if it was just the chick with the dark hair or the red-haired one as well?

Also, the car case was driving me around the bend (no pun intended) because the guy who had sold the car kept trying to talk over JJ, and then he would say, "Yes, Ma'am" when she'd tell him to be quiet. Like pretending to have manners would make her less annoyed when he's trying to out-talk her. Although I have to add, "Pay attention to my mouth" to my lexicon now, because its an excellent way to tell somebody to shut up.

Missed the puppy case, and I'm glad I missed it. Vaccinations are good, people!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Spunkygal said:

Actually, I was happy the drunk case came on. I put on Sillycat's harness and we went outside to chase grashoppers for awhile after the dog case. So, something to laugh at after the dog case was welcome. So, mom is sitting around doing shots with the barely legal girls while her son is out at a party. The incredulous look on Byrd's face as JJ was making a fool of the little drunk red head was great. As was JJ's  response when the red head questioned the old "How do you support yourself?" question. And when she finally said that she only worked 3 days a week and still lived at home it was no surprise. Oh, and when she said she worked "Home care" I soooo wanted JJ to ask how she did home care without a driver's license and a brand new DUI. Anyway, no real surprise with JJ making daughter fork over something to help pay for the damages. I really think JJ could have been harder on all of them... hope no one in the car they ran into was hurt.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Spunkygal said:

Friend's license was already suspended but she did a very inept and clumsy Riverdance about WHY her license was already suspended. It was parking violations when she was driving HER mom's car...but wait, no...it was a moving violation!

Most excellent use of verbiage, there, Spunkygal! Cracked me up.  As did Sillycat chasing grasshoppers.  Whee! 

I have noticed that the editors seem to be carefully selecting cases to put together around a theme. Idiot dog breeder's comment today about, "Be careful who you breed with" was just all kinds of awesome. No shit, Sherlock!  In all sorts of contexts!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Monsters, all.  They should be arrested.

And given the death penalty. 

3 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Oh, and again, I HATE THESE BACK YARD BREEDERS!

YES. Fuck these people straight to hell. It's not about breed - it's about greed. They have abso-fucking-lutely no idea what they're doing and they don't give one shit about the buckets of dead puppies they're putting in their Tuesday morning trash. And I have no idea what was going on with those two shady as shit people who appeared today because between their awkward pauses and their inability to answer simple questions - like the Plaintiff who, at first, couldn't even say if the pups were medically treated -- who knows who was telling the truth. Frankly, I don't think either one was and I hope they got hit by a speeding bus on their way out of the studio. 

And JJ should use her bench to lecture these bottom feeders (and in turn, the audience) about backyard breeding. She knows damn well that parvo is a preventable illness thanks to VACCINES which those poor animals never had. And let's face facts here, those puppies, if they died from parvo, were not humanely euthanized -- they were likely drowned in some plastic child's swimming pool in the back of her home. 

Please people, please, please rescue animals. Every animal in a pet store is from those kind of people. The entire fucking process of breeding should be illegal. (Yes, there are reputable breeders -- but they are few and far between and their puppies will cost a small fortune -- not $1,000.) Oh, and by the way, I actually knew a reputable Cane Corso breeder. His dogs were fantastic and were well cared for and had all received amazing veterinary care -- and puppies sold for over $5,000.

I really need to learn to not watch these episodes without having a stash of Lime-a-Ritas and Xanax on hand.

Edited by Guest
typos due to rage typing
2 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Sillycat in a harness chasing grasshoppers??? The image of this will take me through the weekend! Thank you! 

Yep, Sillycat, Silly, or just Sil, real name Gandalf the Gray, is a handsome, long hair gray boy about two years old, weighing about 12 pounds. Never allowed out unless accompanied and wearing a harness. If you ever want him to come running just jingle the harness and open the door (storm door still closed). Thinks he's a mighty hunter, so I have to watch to make sure there's no birds at the feeder before I let him out. Like I said, 2 years old now so he's starting to slow down a little, but earned the "Silly" nickname when he joined the family of 5 older cats at 8 weeks old when the next youngest was an 8yo. Even does what he's told half the time, pretty good for a cat. Unfortunately, not many grasshoppers out this time of year, but it's still fun to watch him explore and chase the occasional bug (or leaf). 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

+ 1 dead adult dog.

Oh, for Christ. I didn't know one of the adult dogs died, too -- I turned it off before that nugget was revealed. Sickened to hear it, but not at all shocked. 

Cane Corsos are some kind of pitbull relative they shouldn't have been born in the first place.  No tear shed here.  It figures that these two irresponsible morons would chose to backyard breed killer dogs - and that they'd take the dog to a shelter because they are rightfully afraid for their own family members.

Suspended license didn't want to admit the suspension was for an earlier DUI - that's my guess.

I am mot sure about the Antonio Banderas case... I want to believe the defendant and make love not war!

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Cane Corsos are some kind of pitbull relative they shouldn't have been born in the first place.  No tear shed here.  It figures that these two irresponsible morons would chose to backyard breed killer dogs - and that they'd take the dog to a shelter because they are rightfully afraid for their own family members.

I feel compelled to point out both that Cane Corsos are actually Italian mastiffs, which is a separate kind of dog, and that as a breed pitbulls are only as bad the people who raise them and treat them cruelly so that they can use them as fighting dogs. Any idiot can take a puppy and turn it into a snapping, snarling monster, and the reason the breed has such a bad reputation is because too many idiots have dome exactly that. I have several dogs, and the jackhole who hit one of them and knocked him into the ditch on the side of the road, then took off without once touching the brakes, probably considers themselves a good, solid citizen because the car was a late-model BMW that was clean and in good repair, but the fact is that they're not that much different than some trailer-dwelling mouthbreather who would kick a dog until it starts biting everything that gets within reach. Unfortunately, they usually end up biting the wrong people.

• Love 6

I have to comment on this dog issue, too.  A Presa Canario  is the type of dog that killed that poor woman in SF, Diane Whipple..  Her neighbors across the hall in the apartment building were the owners of a male and a female Presa Canario.  Those two dogs weighed over 140 lbs each.  They had been trained to be vicious by the sicko couple's son, an ex-con.  Plus, they were essentially "sicced" on this woman who was bringing in her groceries, in the tiny apartment halllway.  The owner got 15 to Life in Prison.  The dogs were put down.

Any dog can be raised up to be vicious.  We had 3 large dogs in our house.  One was a Rottweiler.  He was raised right, and was a sweetheart dog.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

They had been trained to be vicious by the sicko couple's son, an ex-con.  

As proof that the couple were "sicko" . . . they had been their "son's" attorneys, and had adopted him (at the age of 38) just a few days before the mauling.  He was a member of the Aryan brotherhood, and he and his cellmate had tried to run a dog-breeding business from prison.

OK - back to show discussion - I just thought this was an interesting aside when someone mentioned the case in SF.

• Love 2

Cane Corsos have killed people and will kill more.  I think people have these stupid dogs and defend them because they enjoy the thrill of danger and instilling fear in people.  People do watch slasher/horror movies, and often have a fascination with blood, gore, violence - having a potentially killer animal that is "such a lovebug teehee wouldn't hurt a fly, here put that newborn next to it" titillates them.  Since Diane Whipple was brought up... the dog's guardians wrote extensively about their romance with the very viciousness of these dogs to the owner who was in jail.

Same with the "American Bullies" bred by the numbnuts that hacked their ears off fancying themselves veterinary surgeons.

I never have any affection for the litigants that own/breed/praise killer dogs.  Nor have I any pity for the dogs themselves, which should not even exist.  If pitbulls decided to attack me, they'd show little mercy for my screams and those of witnesses.  My love of animals stops at killer dogs.

• Love 5

Cane Corsos have killed people and will kill more.

Any breed, given its training by human owners can cause harm. The overwhelming, and might I add most all cases of pit bull attacks, were due to their garbage-human owners who trained them like that. I can assure you, day in and day out, I see many pit bulls in the care of loving, committed owners who would never harm anyone or anything. It's too bad it's a common misconception, but it's not the breed, it's the people. 

Edited by Guest