Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: The Hand That Feeds You

yeswedo

What the hell does the SEC have to do with transferring prisoners between institutions?  And why wouldn't the Bureau of Prisons step in and put a stop to it, as Gallo had been transferred to the Danbury Bed and Breakfast to gain information on corruption in the first place.  Oh well.  In addition, he had served 12 out of 16 years for a murder conviction, which should indicate something less than 1st degree, which should make a difference at the parole hearing.  In any case, Mike feeling safe after release is an illusion, as he could come calling after his release.

Plot complications aside, Mike never actually represented himself as a licensed attorney, as he admitted.  He could file that lawsuit, I would think, as a member of the public and explain that he wasn't doing it as an attorney.  But both he and Snowflake seem to be continually obsessed with the illusion that they really are lawyers.

Thanks, Louis.  Another beer down.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

What the hell does the SEC have to do with transferring prisoners between institutions?  And why wouldn't the Bureau of Prisons step in and put a stop to it, as Gallo had been transferred to the Danbury Bed and Breakfast to gain information on corruption in the first place.  Oh well.  In addition, he had served 12 out of 16 years for a murder conviction, which should indicate something less than 1st degree, which should make a difference at the parole hearing.  In any case, Mike feeling safe after release is an illusion, as he could come calling after his release.

Plot complications aside, Mike never actually represented himself as a licensed attorney, as he admitted.  He could file that lawsuit, I would think, as a member of the public and explain that he wasn't doing it as an attorney.  But both he and Snowflake seem to be continually obsessed with the illusion that they really are lawyers.

Gallo was transferred to Danbury because of his informing at the previous prison he was at. He had served time for racketeering - they weren't able to get him on the murder charge because of the recording being out of the chain of custody for 20 minutes.

• Love 1

And again I wonder, does a legal associate like Rachel make enough money to afford Louboutins? I know she comes from a well-to-do family but still, $800 shoes? I guess we're to assume she gets an allowance from her parents or she finds really good sales?

This storyline was so convoluted that I wasn't sure if Mike had a deal or didn't by the time he actually got out.  At least now they won't have to drop everything "for Mike" 2 or 3 times an episode.  

So, as things stand, everyone is still in danger - just not from the discovery of Mike and Harvey's fraud.  Gallo, Sutter, Cahill, the now broke cellmate's wife... and I don't really care about any of them. I do want to know why Harvey gave up his painting.  Maybe they will get back to it someday.     

I'm sad Mike STILL hasn't learned anything from this whole debacle. He's still just as cocky as ever. He's still practicing law?! He doesn't seem to have any regrets - no remorse for his actions. He still believes he's right in every way. And he's acting like such an entitled dick. Ugh.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

So, as things stand, everyone is still in danger - just not from the discovery of Mike and Harvey's fraud.

I think we're supposed to believe that Gallo won't hurt anyone for fear of going back to the maximum security prison.  I suppose when he gets out in 5 years, all bets are off.  Whatever.

Honestly, in real life, Leonard would take the deal, maybe with an Alford plea so he doesn't have to admit culpability, or expect to be executed.

Finally, I believe Rachel mentioned something about Leonard finally getting the chance to prove his innocence.  She doesn't sound like a person with any experience of criminal law, whatsoever. Nope. That's not the standard.  The prosecutor has to prove the defendant's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.  The defendant can be found guilty or not guilty, but he will never be found innocent, despite the name of the Innocence Project (although under certain circumstances, the charges against him could be dismissed.)

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, marcee said:

I'm sad Mike STILL hasn't learned anything from this whole debacle. He's still just as cocky as ever. He's still practicing law?! He doesn't seem to have any regrets - no remorse for his actions. He still believes he's right in every way. And he's acting like such an entitled dick. Ugh.

Exactly my thought.. The scene where he got out from prison should have made me happy for him, but it didn't..

But man Harvey looked like he was gonna have another panic attack during the parole hearing.. 

Edited by sabriiina2016
  • Love 1

Two more shows for me. Next week to see the painful end of this season and then the first show of the new season. If there is not remarkable improvement in the first show next season, I'm done with this bullshit.

It's no longer fun to watch in fact it's become boring.

• Love 2

I think I figured out what Tara's inexplicable interest in Louis is: she was already dating him!

Or, the West Coast version of him, at least. It would explain the neurosis of a guy she'd been dating for years and had an open relationship with suddenly deciding to fly out to the other side of the country and pop the question after hearing about someone she'd been on one date with! It would also explain why Louis' manic attitude changes and creepiness masquerading as romance didn't immediately turn her off of him.

Just watch- the next time we see the two of them, they'll be happily sharing dinner together when a middle-age, balding Jewish guy will rush in and confront them and challenge Louis for the hand of his woman. They'll probably even have Rick Hoffman play Jeremy. And give him a nifty catchphrase that is a play on his name.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And again I wonder, does a legal associate like Rachel make enough money to afford Louboutins? I know she comes from a well-to-do family but still, $800 shoes? I guess we're to assume she gets an allowance from her parents or she finds really good sales?

Pretty sure Rachel makes bank. She's been working as a senior paralegal at a top law firm for years.  She has no student loans for undergrad or law school. 

1 hour ago, Minaboo said:

I know, it's so sad. This used to be my favorite show. But I still can't quit it.

It's like that old relationship you stay in out of comfort even though the magic is gone. 

I used to tune in excitedly. Now I catch it on demand. Most of the characters and storylines irritate me. But I can't let go. 

Edited by love2lovebadtv
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, sabriiina2016 said:

Exactly my thought.. The scene where he got out from prison should have made me happy for him, but it didn't..

But man Harvey looked like he was gonna have another panic attack during the parole hearing.. 

Mike is even cockier than Harvey used to be.  Seeing as how he's in JAIL. He should stay there since he is guilty and all and clearly hasn't learned his lesson: if you want to practice law,  go through the proper channels. There are other ways to help people. 

Harvey is so pitiful &  desperate. All this drama could have been avoided. 

Why am I still watching this? 

Edited by love2lovebadtv
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I think we're supposed to believe that Gallo won't hurt anyone for fear of going back to the maximum security prison.  I suppose when he gets out in 5 years, all bets are off.  Whatever.

Honestly, in real life, Leonard would take the deal, maybe with an Alford plea so he doesn't have to admit culpability, or expect to be executed.

Finally, I believe Rachel mentioned something about Leonard finally getting the chance to prove his innocence.  She doesn't sound like a person with any experience of criminal law, whatsoever. Nope. That's not the standard.  The prosecutor has to prove the defendant's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.  The defendant can be found guilty or not guilty, but he will never be found innocent, despite the name of the Innocence Project (although under certain circumstances, the charges against him could be dismissed.)

Rachel knew more about the law when she was a kickass paralegal. Before she started dating a fake lawyer and following in using footsteps. Now she's annoying. 

• Love 1

Can some answer this for me? Is it typical to refer to a cellmate as a roommate? Like you're at sleep away camp or in a college dorm? 

And are there Any characters on this show who aren't cocky? Even the Project Innocence client is bossy and condescending. 

And why are they so quick to deliver good news when things haven't been finalized? 

I do like Jessica's handling ofnth  case and of snowflake Rachel. I'd love to see her in action more often.  In real cases that don't have anything to do with Mike. I'd love to see them rebuild the firm's legal practice. Though I don't know what can be done with Mike. 

Edited by love2lovebadtv
  • Love 1

I think the long slow demise of the characters is what annoys me the most. Yes the story lines have gotten far fetched and not realistic in the real world but the main group of characters we came to enjoy have eroded to something that is boring to watch.

Jessica is still the only character I still enjoy her on screen time. Beautiful but still cold as ice when the shit hits the fan.

Harvey has morphed into a jackass and is no longer the cool attorney he was in the beginning. He's desperate but at least the actor has been able to portray him for what he has become, a guilt ridden shell of the old Harvey.

Louis has become a neurotic mess. His mood swings have become unwatchable for me. And the premise some babe like Tara would be even remotely attracted is not realistic. His best work was when he was with the Harvard headhunter.

Rachel is and has been the weak link from the beginning for me. Don't like the actress or character.

Donna. Loved the character and actress in the beginning. For me she was the only female that had sex appeal. But her know it all attitude and relationship with Louis sucks. She's still sexy but her character is boring.

And finally Mike. I loved the character in the beginning when he was the legal prodigy and photographic memory, his relationship with Harvey but he still had a dose of humility. Now he's nothing more than an arrogant prick. If I was Robert Zane I'd be pissed.

Like everyone else I still watch, I'm just not sure why.

Edited by CaptainCranky
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, CaptainCranky said:

I think the long slow demise of the characters is what annoys me the most. Yes the story lines have gotten far fetched and not realistic in the real world but the main group of characters we came to enjoy have eroded to something that is boring to watch. YES!

Jessica is still the only character I still enjoy her on screen time. Beautiful but still cold as ice when the shit hits the fan. I like Jessica even though she appears cold. That part of her personality works its way into the storyline. She tries to strike that balance between being 

Harvey has morphed into a jackass and is no longer the cool attorney he was in the beginning. He's desperate but at least the actor has been able to portray him for what he has become, a guilt ridden shell of the old Harvey. YES! Harvey did have that coolness going for him. He's lost that but the guilt and desperation are more becoming of someone in this situation. If he was still acting like he was all that, I'd be even more annoyed with the character & the show. 

Louis has become a neurotic mess. His mood swings have become unwatchable for me. And the premise some babe like Tara would be even remotely attracted is not realistic. His best work was when he was with the Harvard headhunter. He was better off with Sheila. It was a more believable relationship and I loved when he asked for more vacation time to try to make the long distance thing work. I thought a long-distance relationship would have been a great plot for him. And trying to 

Rachel is and has been the weak link from the beginning for me. Don't like the actress or character. I liked the kick-ass paralegal. I haven't liked her since she took up with Mike. She's annoying and seems to have lost some brain cells hanging her fake lawyer man. 

Donna. Loved the character and actress in the beginning. For me she was the only female that had sex appeal. But her know it all attitude and relationship with Louis sucks. She's still sexy but her character is boring. I loved her at first, too. But she's boring now. She used to just be Harvey's right arm but now she seems like she's not a complete person without making herself look good or lording her secret powers over people. I don't remember her being this needy in the beginning. 

And finally Mike. I loved the character in the beginning when he was the legal prodigy and photographic memory, his relationship with Harvey but he still had a dose of humility. Now he's nothing more than an arrogant prick. If I was Robert Zane I'd be pissed. I agree with this wholeheartedly. 

Like everyone else I still watch, I'm just not sure why. YES!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, love2lovebadtv said:
3 hours ago, CaptainCranky said:

Jessica is still the only character I still enjoy her on screen time. Beautiful but still cold as ice when the shit hits the fan. I like Jessica even though she appears cold. That part of her personality works its way into the storyline. She tries to strike that balance between being 

Jessica as the managing partner of PSL has to be one stone cold lady. There is no need to be warm and fuzzy when you and your law firm have their butt on the line 24/7.

• Love 1
On 9/8/2016 at 5:34 PM, CaptainCranky said:

and then the first show of the new season.

Oh lord.  I had somehow managed to not hear that they had been renewed, and had just assumed that I only had one more episode to suffer through.  

• Love 2

I think the implication was that Cahill would put pressure on whatever office that cut the deal with Gallo by showing Gallo as attempting to commit murder while in jail and corrupting prison personnel to remove his protections.  There are limits to how much any government office will do to protect their informants, and I am pretty sure murder is #1 on the list of unforgivable offenses.  Of course, it is odd how they are going to keep this quiet from any of Gallo's protectors considering the mini-scandal they will have prosecuting the guard.  They should have just let Gallo get sent back to the max security prison and face the prison justice he was trying to avoid.  The only reason to elicit the "promise" from Gallo is because you are not so sure that sending Gallo back to the max prison will prove to be a permanent solution.  I guess they can always have the tape saved for evidence and since the SOL of attempted murder I would think would be at least 5-10 years which should keep Gallo behaving for a while.  Plus, once Gallo is out, he is less incentive to go after Mike or Harvey since he would be suspect #1 and land right back in prison.

• Love 1
On 9/8/2016 at 0:32 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Some states allow for someone like Leonard to seek a certificate of innocence. 

On 9/8/2016 at 0:18 AM, Dowel Jones said:

First, Harvey could have been simply bluffing Gallo. It's a tactic that he's used quite a bit. 

But assuming Harvey was telling the truth, it's not like Cahill hasn't tried to pull strings before.

The Bureau of Prisons might not want to put a stop to it in the face of a recording of Gallo proudly claiming that he had guards in his pocket and attempting to slash a prisoner.

In the real world, there's a limit to how much you can practice law without a license on someone else's behalf. Even if you make it clear that you're not a licensed attorney, you can't file a lawsuit on another's behalf. 

On 9/8/2016 at 9:15 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

The shoes could be gifts from her family, from Mike in addition to her having possibly bought them herself.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎.‎9‎.‎2016 at 8:32 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

In any show that has an ounce of realism Rachel would lose the case - or learn after the client was free that he was quilty after all.

I am not saying that innocent men couldn't be executed irl, but that it's not "caring" and "believing" what makea a good lawyer.