Type keyword(s) to search

Nick Viall Will Be The Next Star Of The Bachelor

• Start Topic

I don't like watching a young bachelor, unless it's one of the more serious/religious guys like Ben or Sean. Most 26-year-old guys are not going to feel driven to commit with 30 pairs of boobs in their face. Even the dumpy ones start getting aspirations (see Ben Flajnik).

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

I think Nick looks younger than Robby.  

Agreed - Nick could easily pass for mid-to-late 20s. 

44 minutes ago, huahaha said:

I don't like watching a young bachelor, unless it's one of the more serious/religious guys like Ben or Sean. Most 26-year-old guys are not going to feel driven to commit with 30 pairs of boobs in their face. Even the dumpy ones start getting aspirations (see Ben Flajnik).

Hee! See, also: Bob Guiney, though he wasn't that young. I never saw him as attractive. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

That guy was so unattractive, I still can't believe they made him Bachelor. 

I blame Ashley. Never should have let him get that far. 

I bet most of the women in his season wouldn't have even given him a double take if they crossed paths with him down the street. Although it seemed like he really fell in line with Courtney's types. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Hee! See, also: Bob Guiney, though he wasn't that young. I never saw him as attractive. 

No one did. He was attractive to the girls because he seemed like good husband material: sweet, funny, chubby, so must be loyal. Nope! I think he still holds the record for most sexual partners in the house.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, huahaha said:

No one did. He was attractive to the girls because he seemed like good husband material: sweet, funny, chubby, so must be loyal. Nope! I think he still holds the record for most sexual partners in the house.

I think Blob could have been cute in a guy-next-door way if he hadn't been a sleazy player. He has a nice smile. Flapjack, on the other hand, even if he had been a good guy, would still have been unattractive because he has the face of a neanderthal and the hair to match. To me, he was the least attractive Bachelor by far.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I think Nick looks younger than Robby.  

I thought of Robby as an over 50 gay man in Florida (who was possibly wearing a hair piece) not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, thehepburn said:

Let's not forget the latest Pillbury Doughboy - Chris Soules.

As for Old Nick looking young, I think he looks EXACTLY his age - thirty five. But then again, I've always been very good at guessing ppl's age. 

It takes a beard to make him look 35. Without it, he has a baby face.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, huahaha said:

It takes a beard to make him look 35. Without it, he has a baby face.

Well, when he first came on CLEAN SHAVEN in Andi's season, I still thought he looked his age, which was 33 at the time. And yeah, not a baby face under that beard.

Edited by thehepburn
  • Love 2
On 9/9/2016 at 1:57 AM, chocolatine said:

I think Blob could have been cute in a guy-next-door way if he hadn't been a sleazy player. He has a nice smile. Flapjack, on the other hand, even if he had been a good guy, would still have been unattractive because he has the face of a neanderthal and the hair to match. To me, he was the least attractive Bachelor by far.

that prince of dog food.....he was the least attractive. But Ben was pretty bad, but he had $$$....

• Love 1
On 31 August 2016 at 2:35 AM, Pollock said:

Is Sharleen the opera singer still single? I don't know why, but I've always thought they would make a cute couple. Not that I'm invested or anything. Of course not. *cough*

It's already been answered but yes Sharleen is engaged. However she and Nick are very good friends and she even talks about the bromance between him and her fiancé and calls him their favorite third wheel. She wrote a great article, praising the producers' decision to pick him. Nick often spends time with her and her fiancé when he's in NY.

There's a picture today on his Instagram of the three of them. Ashley I. was floating the idea of showing up on his season to give the women advice since they're friends but a lot of people are hoping they can convince Sharleen to do it - she knows him and has done the show herself.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Ashley I. was floating the idea of showing up on his season to give the women advice since they're friends but a lot of people are hoping they can convince Sharleen to do it - she knows him and has done the show herself.

Please no not taint Nick's season with Fame Whore Ashley!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!! I would, however, LOVE to see Sharleen again. Plus, she'd actually give useful advice.

• Love 11

I  know they don't give two shits about me but if Ashley I shows up on Nick's season I am finally free of this horrible franchise forever. After Paradise I am boycotting anything she appears in. Her brand of drama is not interesting. 

• Love 11
On 9/5/2016 at 11:05 PM, comosedice said:

Oh well, I think I'm going to stop talking about Luke for now. He isn't the Bachelor and I need the disappointment to subside.

God, I am so disappointed.  I really thought Luke was going to be it. He might not have been as smooth in his conversational style as Nick, but he's heartfelt and passionate and to my mind far more interesting...

Well, I've been quietly watching BIP (blech!) and now I know who Nick is, having missed his previous season appearances. He's personable. Beige. Smarmy. Tired-looking, like a guy who's done one too many nights picking up in the disco. Dull. To my mind, just a slightly older and better spoken version of the pouffyhaired tightpanted smarmmeisters of JoJo's season. Sheesh...

Will still watch. (I figure if I can get through Sean the labrador's season, and I really enjoyed that season after all, I can get through this.) But bugger I am disappointed. Poor Luke!

• Love 6

This 'choice' is unimaginative, lazy, desperate, uninspired and, to be frank, unfair.

Occam's Razor says there are a finite number of possibilities and the most likely one is that ABC/Fleiss' casting calls failed miserably.  There is the very real possibility that gainfully employed bachelors who don't live with mom and dad and who have a shred of emotional maturity were quite thin on the ground but this is still a very populous country so the needle is pointing toward The Fix Was In ie reality TV is giving way to episodic TV as the producers are hoping and praying that The Life & Times Of Nick will bring in a preestablished audience based on his pratfalls in previous seasons that can be pitched to advertisers.  Cynical but there it is.

I'm straddling subjects/boards here but Jen was far too good for him so that result pleased me greatly (call me, Jen!).  As others have noted, he is on the wrong side of his 30s now.  Bachelorettes, especially those who are childless, are mostly 25 and younger, especially when the camera is so unforgiving on the weight/wrinkle/complexion fronts.  An age difference of a decade or more is a very real possibility, although the female ages may shift up a bit to comport with his.  But do we want a gaggle of neurotic Clares whose clocks are clanging louder than Big Ben?

2 minutes ago, Rainsong said:

But do we want a gaggle of neurotic Clares whose clocks are clanging louder than Big Ben?

Hell yes! I want them to fight over the guy. That's what makes it entertaining for me. If I can tell nobody even wants to hang out with him (let alone marry him) then it's not as fun to watch. Chris' season was like that. They didn't cast anyone who would have any interest in dating him. I'm not a Chris fan but he got screwed on the casting. If Nick ends up without anyone after his "journey" maybe those two could give it a go. They seem to have more chemistry than I've seen with either of them with women (except Nick with Andi)

34 minutes ago, mingming said:

Hell yes! I want them to fight over the guy. 

I'm fine with a cold war, catfight, snarkfest, etc.  but it is tiresome watching a Clare type vastly overestimate her appeal and then wonder why her desperation is so off-putting to the Bachelor(s).  

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:21 AM, Rainsong said:

I'm fine with a cold war, catfight, snarkfest, etc.  but it is tiresome watching a Clare type vastly overestimate her appeal and then wonder why her desperation is so off-putting to the Bachelor(s).  

Agreed! When it gets down to the top 3 I would like them to be a little older with more going for them than, say, the twins or Amanda, but not crazy and desperate.

Edited by mingming

Noooooooooooo!!!!!  Where have I been?  Have I been living in a cave somewhere?  I just found out about Nick being the next Bach.  How can I watch this because I can't stand the guy!  He's firmly in the sleaze category right along with Ben and Guiney, with that goofy, slightly scary smile on his face.  Seriously, I watch this stupid show for the comedy factor only so the fact that Viall might turn out to be comedy gold, I guess I'll give it a go.  Knowing full well that this will be another "broken up before the series wraps" disaster.  Don't think there's any tru wuv to be found with this guy or the stupid women who pretend to think he's God's gift.