Type keyword(s) to search

Dean: Mr. Spelling

The only thing he's sorry about is getting caught. I don't think this is the only time he's cheated, either. He know's Tori isn't going anywhere, thanks to her almost non-existent self-esteem and 4 little kids. Besides, not being attached to her means negative star power for him. The best thing he ever did for his career was marry her. 

• Love 3

His entire career, hell his entire existence is being Tori's husband, and I find it hilarious that while he has settled for it, and has gotten paychecks out of it, he's completely emasculated by it.

• Love 1

His entire career, hell his entire existence is being Tori's husband, and I find it hilarious that while he has settled for it, and has gotten paychecks out of it, he's completely emasculated by it.

Well and unless and until the fire him from the Canadian version of Chopped (does the Tori reality show even admit that exists?)

does the Tori reality show even admit that exists?)

Yes. Actually, that show has become a source of contention for Tori because Mr. Marvelous was filming it in Canada when he cheated on her.  Now he is under contract to return for a second season of filming and Tori doesn't want him to go.  

Yes. Actually, that show has become a source of contention for Tori because Mr. Marvelous was filming it in Canada when he cheated on her.  Now he is under contract to return for a second season of filming and Tori doesn't want him to go.  

Does the possibility of the whole family going to Canada even enter into Tori's world-view?  I mean I don't know if she has a day job outside of making reality shows anymore, so I imagine kids and schools would be the biggest considerations.

(edited)

I'm not sure, I haven't watched tonight's episode yet but I remember Tori saying that filming for her new TV show "Mystery Girls" was to begin the same week Dean had to go to Canada to film his show.  It seems as if they could use both the exposure and the money from Dean working outside of the family reality shows they seem to favor.

Edited by 4leafclover

I'm not sure, I haven't watched tonight's episode yet but I remember Tori saying that filming for her new TV show "Mystery Girls" was to begin the same week Dean had to go to Canada to film his show.  It seems as if they could use both the exposure and the money from Dean working outside of the family reality shows they seem to favor.

I'm shocked to find out that Tori has another gig (less surprised that Jennie Garth, who a little googling says is on it with Tori, does).

• Love 1

I'm shocked to find out that Tori has another gig

While I've never been a fan of hers and I've never seen any of the previous reality shows she was in, I do admire her work ethic (notice I said ethic-- but not her choices) and her drive to always have something going on.  I don't really know about her money situation--she has gone on record as saying she is almost always hovering around "broke," while her mother dispels that by saying Tori has plenty of money.  She has her own line of jewelry, a children's clothing line, previously she had an antiques shop, she constantly tweets and blogs, writes books, etc.  

• Love 1

In theory they have kids in school & might not want to move them for Dean's Chopped run. I said in theory because I feel pretty confident that for the right incentive they'd pick up & go.

• Love 2

Dean's CSI episode was on! I'm going to put this in spoilers, so that someone who comes here won't get spoiled for a different show 

He played, wait for it, a pedophile! I wonder if Tori accused him of cheating again? Or is using that as proof he's a bad parent? Anyway, his part was a whole five minutes, so if they're counting on Dean's acting to support them, then I think he's going to have to put a little more effort into it.

• Love 1

And here I thought DM's greatest acting job was in convincing a reality audience that he still loves Tori.    Saw him in CSI-and he was pretty good.  He also got high billing for what was about a 10 minute gig and I actually hope he gets more work as an actor.   Better than I thought he'd be.

• Love 7

I watched a Chopped Canada episode recently and good grief is Dean terrible. Especially if you watch the American show, Dean is a stilted mess. You can almost see him reading the teleprompter. "So, let's talk about x dish. So, let's talk about y dish. So, let's talk about z dish" Part of it may be that the script is so repetitive but Dean brings nothing to it.

So today I was watching Open Range (2003) with Kevin Costner, Robert Duvall and Annette Bening, which is a post-Civil War western that illustrates the resentment against those who grazed their cattle herds on open lands. Another facet is war veterans with PTSD (Costner). Duvall is outstanding in his role and Costner, who co-produced and directed, said he had no one but Duvall in mind when he was casting and most likely would not have made the film if Duvall hadn't signed on. Anyway, the one IMO weak cast member is the town doctor. Cue the credits at the end and Doc Barlow is portrayed by none other than Dean McDermott/Mr Tori Spelling. I hadn't recognized him during my first viewing and I planned to watch it again anyway but after seeing the credits I was definitely on a mission. On second viewing, knowing that he plays the role, OK, he doesn't exactly stink but he doesn't impress either. (Altho I hadn't realized how tall he is!) Duvall, Costner and Bening are stellar in their roles.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 3

I don't generally like westerns, but I really like Open Range and agree. It is a great film and highly recommend it, even if you aren't a film of westerns or the Deaner.  

I think Dean had a somewhat respectable career as a small-time, but consistently working actor when he met Tori.  Then their Reality TV famewhoring and the extreme famewhoring of their relationship (& bragging about cheating on their spouses because of their "love story") destroyed whatever career Dean had/could have continued to have if he'd never gotten with Tori.   (Her career would likely be different, too. But Dean definitely lost any respectability he once had, while I'm not sure Tori ever had much anyway.)

But the public probably also wouldn't have known his name the way we do now. He'd have been a familiar face we'd know we've seen in a lot of stuff, but he wouldn't have been a big star. I think he would have been a consistently working actor in minor roles or in Hallmark/Lifetime-type movies.  I hope he's happy though with all that name recognition and Tori's "money"......

• Love 4

I saw Dean in that movie too and was impressed.  I mean, I had no idea that he could get a role like that. I think I liked it more than you guys did.  I don't think that he's a bad actor.  Is he still doing any of the Canadian films for LIfetime?

• Love 1
On 1/18/2018 at 4:54 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I don't generally like westerns, but I really like Open Range and agree. It is a great film and highly recommend it, even if you aren't a film of westerns or the Deaner.  

I think Dean had a somewhat respectable career as a small-time, but consistently working actor when he met Tori.  Then their Reality TV famewhoring and the extreme famewhoring of their relationship (& bragging about cheating on their spouses because of their "love story") destroyed whatever career Dean had/could have continued to have if he'd never gotten with Tori.   (Her career would likely be different, too. But Dean definitely lost any respectability he once had, while I'm not sure Tori ever had much anyway.)

But the public probably also wouldn't have known his name the way we do now. He'd have been a familiar face we'd know we've seen in a lot of stuff, but he wouldn't have been a big star. I think he would have been a consistently working actor in minor roles or in Hallmark/Lifetime-type movies.  I hope he's happy though with all that name recognition and Tori's "money"......

I don't care much for Dean but it's sad that at one time he had a career and received regular work until Tori. 

• Love 4