Type keyword(s) to search

S33: Taylor Lee Stocker

Michel
  • Start Topic

From his bio:

What does it mean to be a Millennial? 
Come on, man! We are open-minded, liberal, self-expressive, upbeat, connected, tech savvy, and we invented the words "sicky sicky, gnar gnar, rachet, clutch, bae, and LOL."

Is that something to be proud of?  Also, one of his pet peeves is selfies.  Isn't that a millennial thing?

Prediction: either he rubs people the wrong way early on/gets screwed by a swap and is booted early, or could run things.  He gives me the impression that he could probably weasel his way in with any group.

• Love 2

Is the phrase "don't count your chickens before they hatch" too old for millennials?  He hopes to have both the million and Jessica (sorry, I refuse to call her Figs or Figgy anymore) when the show is over.  My guess is he gets neither.  It seems like he gets why being in a relationship less than ten days into the game might not be such a good idea, yet he's going for it because if they can pull if off "they own the island."  

I don't know if Taylor is as dumb as he looks, but reading Figgy's exit interviews (especially how bitter she seems towards her ex-showmancer), I'd love to find out from Taylor that the show mance was pure strategy on his part.  I know it wasn't, but it'd be pretty comical to find out.

Well as it turns out, Taylor had a girlfriend before the show, and when he arrived home from filming the show, he continued dating Figgy for a bit - until he found out that his girlfriend was actually knocked up.... So Figgy broke it off.... 

• Love 3
On 10/27/2016 at 1:11 AM, KimberStormer said:

Something about him reminds me of Tyson, if Tyson was more dumb and less mean.  Cadence of his voice, or something.

OMG, I knew he reminded me of someone and this is exactly it. More dumb and less mean, but otherwise Tyson. Nailed it.

On 10/31/2016 at 0:36 PM, Big Mother said:

Well as it turns out, Taylor had a girlfriend before the show, and when he arrived home from filming the show, he continued dating Figgy for a bit - until he found out that his girlfriend was actually knocked up.... So Figgy broke it off.... 

Do I understand correctly that Taylor's baby mama was pregnant before Taylor left but they didn't know? If so, I suspect that Taylor (in true Millennial style, natch) decided that Figs was indeed the love of his life, and he was going to come back and break it off with the girlfriend because he met his true soulmate on the show.

She also had news. 

Regardless of what order the news came out, they decided to become a mom and dad and kid, and Figgy had to get cut. She's understandably pissed that he didn't warn her that there was a long-term at home.

• Love 2

I'm actually going to miss Taylor.  I was really hoping he'd be able to sway people to his side.  Maybe if Sunday and Hannah weren't so afraid of going against numbers, they could have figured out a way to work the lopsided vote to their advantage.  Yeah, long term it probably wouldn't have helped them, but those girls are just being used for their votes now.  At least they could say they tried something.  And maybe it would have caused more people to flip at the next vote.  Who knows.  Taylor was entertaining.  A complete doofus, but entertaining.  

ETA: Here's Taylor's day after.  It's so weird to hear him take about Figgy, knowing what we know now.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

And yet, he had rare moments where he could carry a conversation in a normal voice and make some good observations about strategy, which made me think that the surfer-bro persona was just an act.  I realize now that it wasn't, but he had me fooled once or twice.

• Love 1

One of Taylor's exit interviews.  Here he touches on the aftermath of him and Figgy:

On his break-up with Figgy:
“When I returned from Fiji, I found out I had a son on the way. And just to do what was best for my family then called things off with her. I know she was super hurt about that. So it still kind of sucks with that. She’s a great gal and know she’s got a good future ahead of her.”

On Figgy not being happy with him and what that could mean at the Reunion show:
“Yeah, like Jerry Springer status. Hopefully not, but you know, the way things panned out for her, if I look at it from her angle, it does suck. The situation sucks. But I think she’ll come to grips with the idea that I’m just trying to do what’s best for my family. In the long term, I think she wants to be in media. I don’t necessarily want to. I like my quiet home up here in north Idaho. We just kind of had different thoughts on the future.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/17/survivor-taylor-figgy-millennials-vs-gen-x

• Love 1
17 hours ago, 303420 said:

Regardless of what order the news came out, they decided to become a mom and dad and kid, and Figgy had to get cut. She's understandably pissed that he didn't warn her that there was a long-term at home.

Do we even know if the baby's mom was a girlfriend and not just someone he was hooking up with, as I am given to understand happens among millennials but no other generation ever *cough*? I could see it being a situation where he's got this non-serious thing going on, then he goes on Survivor and has, literally a two-week flirtation with Figgy that they both think is going to continue after the show, but then he goes home and finds out about the pregnancy and tells Figgy they're not going to happen because he has more pressing priorities. So far, I've only heard the bits and pieces of Figgy's side of the story* that have been posted here (because neither Figgy nor Taylor are interesting enough for me to read through one of their exit interviews or watch their post-boot videos), but based on what I've seen up to now, Taylor has said nothing bad about Figgy, while she's been insulting and vulgar about him. I'm not a fan of Taylor's, but so far I'm not getting why he's the villain here.

ETA: *Spoke too soon, as @LadyChatts posted that bit from Taylor's interview as I was writing this post. But yeah, he's still not seeming like a terrible person to me.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 3

In his Ponderosa video, he seems like he did genuinely like Figgy.  I believe him when he says he wanted to try and make it work (before finding out about his baby).  Figgy made it sound like they dated for awhile, and he was also with the girlfriend at the time.  Maybe he didn't intend to hook back up with the girlfriend.  Who knows.  I haven't read every one of his exit interviews, but Figgy came off a lot more vindictive.  She's entitled to be angry, but she really came out swinging.  A simple 'it just didn't work out' might have been the better approach in the long run.  It'll be interesting at the reunion show.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Well according to Taylor he did indeed have a girlfriend prior to going on Survivor.

http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2016/11/17/survivor-castaway-taylor-best-family/

Stocker: I went in and the situation was pretty confusing. I knew that I was going on “Survivor” so I was going to keep my options open and do what I think would help me get ahead in the game. I was kind of a free agent. I know Jess has her different opinions on that. But I definitely had a girlfriend prior to casting.

However, according to Michelle everybody on the tribe knew this including Figgy. Oops.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-michelle-schubert-talks-survivor----gen-x-rifts-and-animosity-can-fully-be-exploited-20932.php

Reality TV World: When I talked to Michaela Bradshaw, she said she overheard Taylor Stocker telling Justin "Jay" Starrett that he had a girlfriend back home. Did you overhear this as well or hear about it from anyone? 

Michelle Schubert: The whole tribe knew on Day 1, I think, that Taylor had a girlfriend back home. 

Reality TV World: So was Jessica "Figgy" Figueroa the only person left out of the loop? 

Michelle Schubert: Oh no! She knew. 

Reality TV World: Oh she knew as well?! 

Michelle Schubert: Yeah, everybody. The whole tribe knew on Day 1 that he had a relationship back home. 

Reality TV World: That's surprising because when I interviewed Figgy this season, she said some pretty harsh things about Taylor, including how she would've let Taylor sink to the bottom of the ocean had they been on Titanic together. (Laughs) 

Michelle Schubert: Oh wow! 

• Love 4

Why can't Big Brother showmances be this entertaining?  I'll go back to my original thought-Figgy should have left it at 'it just didn't work out'.  People who cared would have figured it out.  I wonder if anyone will say it at the reunion that she knew.

• Love 2

So Figgy knowingly hooked up with a guy she knew had a girlfriend back home.  He goes home, finds out the main girlfriend is pregnant, sets out to do the right thing , and Figgy is outraged?  Sounds to me like, silly jerk though he was on the show, Taylor might actually be a pretty good person in real life.  Figgy, not so much.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

So Figgy knowingly hooked up with a guy she knew had a girlfriend back home.  He goes home, finds out the main girlfriend is pregnant, sets out to do the right thing , and Figgy is outraged?  Sounds to me like, silly jerk though he was on the show, Taylor might actually be a pretty good person in real life.  Figgy, not so much.

I don't know that I'd go so far as to call him a pretty good person, but IMO Figgy is definitely the worst of the two for how she's handled it publicly.  Classic other woman scorned.  But how hurtful for Taylor's girlfriend to see their love affair and him basically act like he's a single man.  And then talk about Figgy like she's the love of his life.  Sad.  

Edited by JenMcSnark
  • Love 3

Here's another interview with Taylor where he says he and his girlfriend were broken up when he went on the show:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/survivor-taylor-figgy-stealing-food-adam/

There have been some reports that you had a girlfriend back home while you were having a relationship with Figgy on Survivor, and she had some pretty harsh things to say about you. Is there anything you want to say about that?
Taylor: Yeah. Fig was pretty upset when we had gotten back, because I officially found out that I had a son on the way, and so that kind of dropped a bomb on the relationship. I had to do what was best for my family, and just her being the casualty of the Survivor vote-out, and then she was kind of the casualty in real life as well. But I know she's going to have some good opportunities and I hope she can put it behind her. We're a big, messy Survivor dysfunctional family here.

So, were you and your girlfriend broken up before you went on Survivor, but then she found out she was pregnant?
Taylor: Yes.

Thanks for posting this because I was starting to wonder if I was insane and just imagined that that idiot tweeted a comment to the effect of he told his girlfriend when he left to film the show, that he would do whatever it took to win. Basically suggesting that the romance with Figgy was all gameplay. He quickly deleted it of course but everyone can screencap in seconds. So I'm not buying this whole, "he hooked up with someone, came home, found out she was pregnant and did the oh so nobly thing."

Dude had a girlfriend, had his island romance, came back and found out his girlfriend was pregnant. And if Michelle is telling the truth in her post-show interviews, then Figgy can take several seats with her outrage because apparently she knew there was a girlfriend at home. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3