Type keyword(s) to search

S33: Sunday Burquest

Michel
  • Start Topic

Hi.  Being a youth pastor, I'll likely be the resident Godbother or Bible-thumper who annoys others with my religious hypocrisy and either booted early or receive few to no votes in front of the jury.

Seriously.  Her name is Sunday.  And she's a youth pastor.  The ironic connection can't possibly be missed here.  Nor can her vulnerability to being a very early boot without either a good alliance, some challenge prowess, or both.

This cast seems more faith based than most, so I don't know if that's going to hinder Sunday.  She does seem a little on the annoying side, but I don't know if her God talk will be the reason for her ouster/loss (if it happens).  

• Love 1

I thought it was odd that she had so many negative things to say about the Millennials when she's a Youth Pastor.  Poor kids.

OTOH, I don't know why the Christians are always called hypocrites right out of the box.  Being Christian just means you believe in the divinity of Christ it doesn't mean you think you're exactly like him. 

• Love 1

I wrote earlier that on one picture she looks like Pink and now that I've seen her in real Survivor life, I say tht one picture was misleasing and she looks nothing like her and she also definitely does not sound like her (and I wish she did). I still don't have any other opinion about this contestant.

She's a breast cancer survivor so she's used to overcoming adversity and having to fight against the odds.  If she can keep the religious talk to a minimum, she should do fine.  If she can't, then only God's intervention will keep her on the island.  

9 hours ago, La Traviata said:

If she can keep the religious talk to a minimum, she should do fine.  If she can't, then only God's intervention will keep her on the island.  

Well, so far, she hasn't made any religious talk, so she could do fine.

• Love 1

Guess who is on "Renovation Realities?I had the show on in the background and heard a familiar (if slightly annoying) voice.  Is "reality show" really a career now?

Shows up as S16, Ep 9. Original air date 7/16/16 according to my online guide.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Guess who is on "Renovation Realities?I had the show on in the background and heard a familiar (if slightly annoying) voice.  Is "reality show" really a career now?

Shows up as S16, Ep 9. Original air date 7/16/16 according to my online guide.

I was just coming here to say this, except that I only turned on the last two minutes and it was her face rather than her voice that was slightly familiar!

Kind of like Jenny-the-lawyer-slash-fashion-blogger from the "blind date" season of The Amazing Race showing up on House Hunters Renovation (oddly enough, the fellow she is renovating with is not her TAR partner Jelani).

Here's the IMDB entry for Sunday's episode:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5458758/?ref_=ttep_ep9

Edited by Jobiska
  • Love 2

What was being renovated? Curious, because the city she lives in - Otsego - is a newer suburb. Lots of new housing developments, new shops, etc. There might be a few older farm houses; otherwise, everything else was built in the past 20 years.

I was shocked that Sunday not only got a confessional last night, but actually talked a bit of strategy.  I don't really expect her to make her own destiny in this game, but I was still surprised she was thinking about making moves on her own.  Whether her plan to oust Jessica works or not I don't know.  Jay could very easily take that back to Jessica and Ken that Sunday was targeting her.  David could very well be a wild card if a vote to get rid of Jessica came up, and he didn't know what side to play (I can see Bret/Chris/Adam/Sunday vs Ken/Jessica, and David/Zeke/Hannah if they can get them on board).  If Jay's still around he'll go with the majority.

That's assuming the vote happens this week.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I need someone to tell me that Sunday is not going to win this game, please.  That is all.

Sunday isn't going to win. There would have to be two people out there she could beat, and her focus is on getting rid of people she dislikes (who won't vote for her when on the jury), not getting rid of threats.

• Love 2

Since Sunday wanted to get rid of the last remaining woman out there, I wondered if she misunderstood the rules of the game.  She doesn't win by being the last female standing.

But no, of everyone left, I'd say she has the least likely chance of winning.  With the current jury make up I can't see anyone voting for her, and of the people left, I can't see any of them voting for her, either.  I wonder if that TH about making moves in the game was more mocking her, since she hasn't done anything.

• Love 5

Aw, Sunday didn't get any comments this week yet despite being the most recent bootee!  That kind of says it all.  I facepalmed, listening to her exit interview on RHAP.  She was there on the island and got to see all the episodes at home that we see, and she still sounds like she hasn't a clue as to what's going on.

• Love 2

I was reading through her interviews, but frankly, I was bored through them.  She thinks Hannah was condescending and acting like she was a bigger gamer than she really was, thinks voting her out over bigger threats was ridiculous, likes Jay and wants him to win, also thinks David has played a good game and that they were stupid to wait to get rid of him.

So basically stuff all of us have already said.  I was hoping they would touch on her and Jessica's relationship and animosity out there, but I haven't seen that.

7 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I was reading through her interviews, but frankly, I was bored through them.  She thinks Hannah was condescending and acting like she was a bigger gamer than she really was, thinks voting her out over bigger threats was ridiculous, likes Jay and wants him to win, also thinks David has played a good game and that they were stupid to wait to get rid of him.

So basically stuff all of us have already said. 

I don't agree with all of that though, so I guess it's not quite all of us.  I think Hannah's got game, and I don't think it was ridiculous to target Sunday in this vote.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:22 AM, Lamb18 said:

Besides Sunday Breakfast, Otsego, MN has another claim to fame:

Minnesota's largest pumpkin

Note: the photo shows the kind of new housing development that makes up Otsego.

I live in Minnesota.  A few Survivor contestants have come from this neck of the woods (as does Tom Schwartz from Vanderpump Rules).

Like any state, we have a very hip and dynamic culture in our main metro areas.  In Minnesota, these are St. Paul and Minneapolis which are adjacent to one another (the two cities are often referred as the Twin Cities - although they are more like fraternal twins rather than identical twins).

Together, they are surrounded by rings of suburbs.  The culture changes with each passing ring. The further out you go, the more small-town or rural places become. Otsego is sort of at the border of suburbia meets small town.  A little bit of both.  Oversized pumpkins in cookie-cutter suburban housing developments says it all.

It doesn't surprise me Sunny is from Otsego.  Seems like a goof fit.

On December 8, 2016 at 6:45 PM, violet and green said:

I liked Sunday, what little I saw of her. And she's right, it was ridiculous to take her out instead of Dave.

I had no opinion of her during the game, but I liked her in her exit interviews. Glad that this helped her get past some of the trauma from having cancer.