Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Lake Hollywood

• Start Topic

Dirty bastids. No new episode next week. They stretched it out one extra week.

Glad Marisol is gone.

Yes, Ray left without a word about Avi but he still has the paintings. 

I watch the previews about ten times in slow motion. It's gonna get good.

• Love 1

Didn't take long for Mickey to perk up again, after going on a homicidal rampage.

Guess he got over the death of his gf.

Now Ray wants that Primm money?  What happened to that NFL deal?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jezebel97 said:

along with Abby & Bridget

Ray and Mickey would be on the next flight to Boston while Lena, Avi and his Mom move in to Calabasas as a bizarre twist on Three's Company

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, MrWhyt said:

who was Ray calling at the end? i keep rewinding it but I cant make it out

I had to go back and watch it with closed captioning on. Ray said, "I've got it... all of it. I'm gonna pay you back everything I owe you and more."

• Love 3

Why would a truck hauling expensive artworks not have GPS tracking?

Wow, gettin' him some sure lit a fire under Terry but would a cop really date an ex-con, and one with a family like Terry's? Surely she's not that desperate. Maybe she's working Terry for her job.

Ray should just kill Mickey himself. Ninety percent of his problems would end--or at least the future ones would.

Pretty sure a medical examiner would be able to tell the difference between someone drowning themselves and someone who'd been held underwater until they drowned. Ray should've cut Hector lose a long time ago. That situation with Marisol was never going to end well.

• Love 2

Pretty sure a medical examiner would be able to tell the difference between someone drowning themselves and someone who'd been held underwater until they drowned.

But would they do a careful examination since it would be known that Marisol was troubled, or would they just have treated it as a suicide by jumping into the river. I doubt any family will be demanding an autopsy be performed. Then again, Hector's story isn't over. The ME does decide to check and determines Marisol was drowned and didn't commit suicide. Terry's cop friend will wonder if Hector was involved. She will find out that Terry went to Marisol's house, etc., etc., etc.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

But would they do a careful examination since it would be known that Marisol was troubled, or would they just have treated it as a suicide by jumping into the river. I doubt any family will be demanding an autopsy be performed. Then again, Hector's story isn't over. The ME does decide to check and determines Marisol was drowned and didn't commit suicide. Terry's cop friend will wonder if Hector was involved. She will find out that Terry went to Marisol's house, etc., etc., etc.

Ray left a car on the bridge...was it her car? Or Hector's?

• Love 1

I swear I saw two bodies on the shore during the previews.

I don't think anyone moving that type of freight would have the GPS hooked up.  Tony Soprano had his yanked out.

As for the autopsy, drowning means they will find water in the lungs.  If the lungs are free of water, the person was dead and then thrown in the water BUT how much water did she ingest while fighting and trying to gasp for air?  It might be enough if an autopsy is done.

Ray dropped her over the railing...She would leave fingerprints and fibres on the railing if she climbed over while intoxicated. If they check the trunk and find her wet hair, that would put a hole in the suicide theory.

• Love 3

Sadly, my main thought about this episode is why would a Russian mobster be drinking a Dutch vodka??? It's been weighing on my mind since. Yes, Ketel One is awesome. It's my favorite. But I think he would be drinking some expensive Russian stuff

And RIP Gabriel Mann. Why you gotta die in every show??

• Love 1
On 8/30/2016 at 5:44 PM, car54 said:

she would have bath water in her lungs, and they would find her in the ocean, I think an ME would notice that.

I'm not arguing that the water wouldn't be different than bath water, but I'm pretty sure he dumped her in the Hollywood Reservoir, aka Lake Hollywood, due to the episode title.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, NaughtyKitty said:

Sadly, my main thought about this episode is why would a Russian mobster be drinking a Dutch vodka??? It's been weighing on my mind since. Yes, Ketel One is awesome. It's my favorite. But I think he would be drinking some expensive Russian stuff

And RIP Gabriel Mann. Why you gotta die in every show??

Product placement. I said that out loud to the TV when I saw how prominently the label was displayed.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm not arguing that the water wouldn't be different than bath water, but I'm pretty sure he dumped her in the Hollywood Reservoir, aka Lake Hollywood, due to the episode title.

Is this the drinking water supply for L.A.?  Ray Donovan triggers cholera outbreak....

• Love 2

The open air reservoirs aren't used for drinking water.  The chemicals used for treatment don't play well with sunlight.  The ones with recreation areas around them, like Lake Hollywood, are kept for emergencies like fires.  The super scoopers could get water there to help fight any brush fires in the area and stuff like that.

ETA: I feel like the super scoopers use Lake Hughes more often than not, but that's not something I actually pay that much attention to, just facts that go in one ear and out the other and leave slight impressions to rattle around in my brain when I should be thinking about things that matter.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 3