Type keyword(s) to search

TDS 3.0: Season Two Upcoming Guests

• Start Topic

10/3: James Marsden (actor – promoting show “Westworld”)
10/4: Ezra Klein (Editor-in-Chief, Vox.com)
10/5: Mark Duplass (actor – promoting movie “Blue Jay”)
10/6: Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks)

10/10: Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-CA)
10/11: Charlamagne Tha God (Co-host of IHeartRadio’s The Breakfast Club)
10/12: Bryan Christy (National Geographic Explorer & investigative journalist)
10/13: TBA

That TBA is totally gonna be Hillary, right?!

Edited to add: Nope:
10/13: Jidenna (Grammy nominated artist - promoting forthcoming album & single "Long Live The Chief")

Edited by trow125

10/17:  Russell Simmons (entrepreneur, author, activist & philanthropist)
10/18:  Uzo Aduba (actor – promoting movie “American Pastoral”)
10/19: Matt Taibbi
10/20: Mike Colter (actor – promoting “Marvel’s Luke Cage”)

Another TBA, another opportunity for me to say... THIS time, it'll be Hillary, right?!
Edited to add: nope, that's the day of the 3rd presidential debate, so she'll be in Vegas (unless Trump backs out).
Edited again to add: Matt Taibbi.

Edited by trow125
  • Love 1

10/24: DARK!
10/25:  Dana Bash (Chief Political Correspondent, CNN)
10/26: Act 2 – John Della Volpe (Director of Polling at Harvard’s Institute of Politics and Founder & CEO of SocialSphere)
Act 3 – Phil Collins (Musician – promoting memoir “Not Dead Yet”)
10/27: Jeezy (Hip Hop Artist – promoting album “Trap or Die 3”)

Coming up on Nov. 8:
NEW YORK, October 25, 2016- Comedy Central has a yuuggeeee plethora of politically-themed programming slated for the 2016 Presidential Election highlighted by an all-LIVE Late Night Election Night featuring a special, one-hour telecast of "The Daily Show with Trevor Noah" airing LIVE on both coasts (11:00 p.m.-midnight ET / 8:00-9:00 p.m. PT).

• Love 1

10/31: TBA
11/1: Amb. Susan Rice (White House National Security Advisor)
11/2: Kal Penn (Actor – promoting show “Designated Survivor”)
11/3:  Common (Actor, Musician & Activist – promoting album “Black America Again”)

4 minutes ago, trow125 said:

10/31: TBA
11/1: Amb. Susan Rice (White House National Security Advisor)
11/2: Kal Penn (Actor – promoting show “Designated Survivor”)
11/3:  Common (Actor, Musician & Activist – promoting album “Black America Again”)

Oh, no. Not Common. I'm so sick of seeing his face everywhere.  Oh, well. Guess I'll skip that interview. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Victor the Crab said:

I believe Obama's interview with Samantha has already been done, so he'd have time to spare with Trevor if he so chooses.

Obama used to do tons of pop culture interviews--on the Tom Joyner Morning Show, on late night TV, on The View, etc. I know he's busy, but I hope he isn't thinking that he has no f***s left for TV interviews. 

He was on Kimmel's show this week and he seemed to be still enthusiastic for interviews. When Jimmy said good-bye, Obama said he and Michelle would still be around even after he leaves office, and he hoped he'd be invited back even after he was no longer president. I am very hopeful that he will be a guest on TDS at some point, hopefully both sooner and later.

• Love 1

Every week there's been a TBA I've made some mention of hoping it's Hillary and I have been disappointed every time, so I've given up hoping!

It's interesting that Hillary has not appeared on any late night shows in the election run-up. She was on "Ellen" recently, and did "Kimmel" back in August and "Tonight Show" in September. But that seems like ages ago in this fast-moving election cycle. President Obama appeared on "The Daily Show" just a couple weeks before the 2012 election.

Jeff Ross was on last month!!! Sept. 6. I wonder if they were trying to score a big guest and it fell through? It seems very odd. It's not like there aren't a lot of potential last minute guests around in NYC.

11/7: Jonathan Capehart (Opinion Writer, The Washington Post)
11/8: Live election night coverage
11/9: John Stanton (Washington, D.C. Bureau Chief for BuzzFeed News)
11/10: Deborah Lee James (Secretary of the Air Force) & Eric Fanning (Secretary of the Army)

11/8: Ana Marie Cox (Senior Political Correspondent, MTV News); Douglas Brinkley (CNN Presidential Historian); Keegan-Michael Key (actor/comedian)
11/9: John Stanton (Washington, D.C. Bureau Chief for BuzzFeed News)
11/10: Deborah Lee James (Secretary of the Air Force) & Eric Fanning (Secretary of the Army)

11/14: Adrien Grenier (actor/activist, The Lonely Whale Foundation)
11/15: Desus Nice & The Kid Mero (hosts of “Desus & Mero” on Viceland)
11/16: Wesley Lowery (journalist & author – promoting book “They Can’t Kill Us All”)
11/17: Jeffrey Tambor (actor – promoting show “Transparent”)

Week of 11/21:  DARK!

12 hours ago, ms.o said:

Ooooh Toni Lahren is going to be on Wed 11/30. This better be good 

Is it Toni or Tomi?  I wonder if TN will be able to get any sort of coherent, cogent answer from her, or if it'll all be blather and bluster.

I'm trying to figure out what's the point of having Lahren on.  Its not like those that watch her are ever going to change their mind by some witty or insightful question/response by Trevor (and I'm not convinced he's good enough to come up with something).  She's not going to change her mind either, nor is anyone who's a regular TDS viewer.  She's essentially an internet troll that got TV time.  Why give her  and her ilk more?  This is all part of the "normalizing" of that attitude and viewpoint.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

So Trevor is interviewing Obama in the White House. Will TN be in the White House and that be the whole show or will it be a skype thing? Any guesses?

I wonder if TN could've dreamed during his childhood that he would one day interview POTUS.  

1/2:  DARK!
1/3:  Michael Che (comedian – promoting Netflix special “Michael Che Matters”)
1/4:  Omar Saif Ghobash (Ambassador of the United Arab Emirates to Russia & author – promoting book “Letters To A Young Muslim”)
1/5:  TBA

• Love 1

1/9: Susan Goldberg (Editor-in-Chief of National Geographic magazine)
1/10:  Aasif Mandvi (actor – promoting Netflix series “Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events”)
1/11: Jonathan Chait (New York Magazine columnist & author – promoting book “Audacity”)
1/12:  TBD

1/16: ACT 2 – David Fahrenthold (Political Reporter, Washington Post)
ACT 3 – Bryshere Gray (Actor – promoting “Empire” & “The New Edition Story”)

1/17: John Zimmer (Co-Founder and President of Lyft)

1/18: Samantha Power (U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations)

1/19: ACT 2 - Scott Conroy (Co-creator & Executive Producer of "Embeds" on go90)
ACT 3 – James McAvoy (Actor – promoting movie “Split”)

1/20:  Joy Reid (MSNBC Political Analyst & Host of “AM Joy” and co-editor of book “We Are The Change We Seek”)

16 hours ago, peeayebee said:

David Fahrenthold has been doing fantastic work trying to track Trump's alleged charity donations.

Well, he didn't because he didn't find any and we all know Trump is the biggest donor ever and a great guy, fantastic guy. Bad journalism. Fake News. Sad! 

• Love 6
On 1/13/2017 at 1:38 PM, trow125 said:

1/16: ACT 2 – David Fahrenthold (Political Reporter, Washington Post)
ACT 3 – Bryshere Gray (Actor – promoting “Empire” & “The New Edition Story”)

1/17: John Zimmer (Co-Founder and President of Lyft)

1/18: Samantha Power (U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations)

1/19: ACT 2 - Scott Conroy (Co-creator & Executive Producer of "Embeds" on go90)
ACT 3 – James McAvoy (Actor – promoting movie “Split”)

1/20:  Joy Reid (MSNBC Political Analyst & Host of “AM Joy” and co-editor of book “We Are The Change We Seek”)

The date's must be off;  they don't do five days in a row. 

1/23: Matt Taibbi (contributing editor for Rolling Stone & author – promoting book “Insane Clown President”)
1/24:  Big Sean (hip hop artist – promoting new album “I Decided.”)
1/25: ACT 2 – Heather Ann Thompson (author – promoting book “Blood in the Water”)
ACT 3 – Bellamy Young (actor – promoting ABC show “Scandal”)
1/26:  Laurence Fishburne (actor – promoting BET miniseries “Madiba”)

• Love 1

1/30: Sybrina Fulton & Tracy Martin (authors – promoting memoir “Rest In Power: The Enduring Life of Trayvon Martin”)
1/31: Anthony D. Romero (Executive Director, ACLU)
2/1: TBD
2/2: Blair Underwood (actor – promoting show “Quantico”)

The guests for this week weren't announced until today, so maybe they're trying to book more newsworthy guests who can respond to breaking news? 

Fulton & Martin were also scheduled to appear on "The View" today.

2/6: Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN)
2/7: Mayor Marty Walsh (Boston)
2/8: Tracee Ellis Ross (actor – promoting show “Black-ish”)
2/9: Laura Jane Grace (musician & author – promoting book “T*****”)

Edited by trow125

2/13: Elaine Welteroth & Phillip Picardi (Editor & Digital Editorial Director, Teen Vogue)
2/14: Laverne Cox (actor – promoting TV series “Doubt”)
2/15: Charlie Day (actor – promoting movie “Fist Fight”)
2/16: Ezra Edelman (director – promoting documentary “OJ: Made in America”)

• Love 1