Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Third Eye Blind/S04.E10: All or Nothing

9. An epic fight leads to astonishment and tears; the group believes in one set of matches; Asaf wants to follow his heart.

10. Old conflicts boil over when an epic fight leads to shock and tears. Strategy leads the group to believe in one set of matches but, Asaf struggles between following his heart and being team player.

I bought this group getting it more than last season. But considering how little strategy is involved and how it's possible to mathematically figure it out (though harder without a pen and paper), it's not surprising the group wins every time.

That said, I would like to see a cast lose one of these days.

• Love 1

They definite had plenty of info to figure out the matches.

The most hilarious part for me was watching the girls try to get us to believe they were happy about the douchebags they were assigned for their match!

• Love 3

I am kind of on the border of believing it.

You go from one episode where they are just randomly matching people up to two episodes later they get them ALL. Mathematically (as seen in a spoiler someone posted last week) it can be done, but they had to figure this all out with Fruitloops (not the poster above me, the cereal) and fingers...

Overall, I have to admit, I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. It was certainly more enjoyable than the last season of Real World and all the damn racism and social issues than I watch TV to try and escape.

Oh and Gio, if you have to constantly remind people you are a real man, you probably aren't. Things like that are self evident and don't need to said. Definition of a boy in a mans body.

I think the only thing I would change about the show is the host. The guy comes across as a late night infomercial host.

I think John, Prosper and Gio (for the drama) are locks for The Challenge.

Edited by Jenkins

Any women on the board, please don't think that Gio is truly representative of most guys from CT. I hope to never see that douche on my television (or anywhere else) ever again.

They really should light the 9th and 10th beams simultaneously, as it is totally impossible to have 9 matches without having 10

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, bblancobrnx said:

Any women on the board, please don't think that Gio is truly representative of most guys from CT. I hope to never see that douche on my television (or anywhere else) ever again.

They really should light the 9th and 10th beams simultaneously, as it is totally impossible to have 9 matches without having 10

It doesn't really matter about the beams. The reaction is already there at 9. We and they know the ninth is what they are waiting for.

In regards to the results, I'm not saying that they are cheating or something along those lines. But, literally every season plays out around the same way. Moderately good start. A backslide happens as relationships are formed and people make bad choices. Towards the end it looks like there is no hope. In the last two episodes, then everyone has their game face on. They are making the right choices. Feuds are ended. They win. The past three seasons it took then 9 tries and this one it was 10. And it was clear that people were making choices that forced a 10 go around. 

Some of this could just be natural. Towards the end you mend fences and smarten up. But, it's coming off as so formulaic now. Like the process is being stretched out to make their episode count and they already figured out the results before the final episode. I don't know. They also costed themselves 250,000 right before the end and that episode told them what they should know.

I just need a loss. The same formula playing out every season complete with someone nearly voting with their "heart" instead the house cliffhanger at the end of every season is just played out for me. I'm over the game now. Just hook up and fight. Low rent real world style.

• Love 2

Kaylen is the worse kind of girl I could be around. She's the type that flies off the handle saying whatever she wants but she has standards for how others need to treat her.  I'm really sick of Kaylen speaking to Gio. Just shut up already. I totally get why the others don't like Gio but why is everyone pretending that Kaylen hasn't intentionally provoked Gio in the past? Doesn't excuse his reactions and it certainly isn't always the case but simply not liking Gio isn't a reason to address the issue with inaccuracies to make it seem like he is the one that keeps resurfacing strains in their relationship all the time. I know they need a villain but Gio does a good job on his own. The host doesn't need to twist things to make it seem like Kaylen is a little lamb that's has been a victim of Gio. She's said plenty of abusive things herself. 

I wonder if these people only say stupid things for the sake of creating drama for the viewers. Why would you pick someone you know isn't your perfect match. If you're so damn confident in your relationship, why does the person you like saying someone else's name for the pure sake of game play pose such a threat to you? 

I'd love to see a season where they didn't get all 10...wonder if they got help or if the cereal actually helped them. The host is so full of shit...is he contractually obligated to say things like 'played the best game I've ever seen, you all played with your hearts?'...despite the fact that several times in the last two weeks several people mentioned going with strategy for the house? Can't wait to see if anyone survived their relationships. 

• Love 1

Another season that feels like it was fixed. I can't believe he host said they played better than any other season when they lost $250K! Hah. 

I also really want to see an episode where they lose, and the aftermath. It'd be great TV. If not for Tori, they would have lost (assuming they weren't fed the info.)

7 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Another season that feels like it was fixed. I can't believe he host said they played better than any other season when they lost $250K! Hah. 

I also really want to see an episode where they lose, and the aftermath. It'd be great TV. If not for Tori, they would have lost (assuming they weren't fed the info.)

Tori is the one we see leading the charge so if they were actually fed information, at the very least it suggests that she was the only one bright enough to figure it out, lol.

• Love 1

The blackout (on top of the matches and mismatches leading up to that point) gave them all of the mathematical information they needed to succeed, so I'm thisclose to buying that a couple of them managed to figure it out, especially if there were a small group of people talking it out and putting the pieces together after four Truth Booth matches. 

I wonder how they got Camille to go along with Tyler, though, cause clearly she can't stand the guy. 

I'll never  understand what's so special about Julia. I wanted to pick her wedgie on the mountain biking date. How is that comfortable? Are you wearing a swimsuit or shorts? Nicole is prettier than her.

Boring season. But punches and throwing things = Challenge screen time. I have to say that Kaylen annoyed me just as much as G-no by the end. Stop instigating. 

Francesca honestly looks underage to me, so her being in the boom boom room multiple times this season kind of felt icky. 

I love how Morgan was dressed all up and Stephen was in a hoodie. I  also think it must be exhausting to get dolled up the way the girls do every time. But I'm pretty low maintenance, especially if it's humid Hawaii...

• Love 2

This was my first season of "Are You the One?" and I was sort of shocked by how much I liked it. It was ridiculously entertaining. Will we get a reunion show? Do any of these couples ever stay together? I imagine it's like the Bachelor franchise in that long term couples are pretty rare.

I think there was a reunion just for the first 2 seasons. There's one perfect match couple from the first season that married and had a kid (although they've been super quiet on social media for the past few months... guess they ran out of teeth whitening, bloated tummy products, and protein powder to advertise about or they stopped being a "perfect" couple and reality hit them). There's a few other couples from the previous 3 seasons who are still dating, but they weren't each other's perfect matches. From this season, all I know about is Cameron & Mikayla who live together.

On 8/20/2016 at 3:53 PM, violetr said:

This was my first season of "Are You the One?" and I was sort of shocked by how much I liked it. It was ridiculously entertaining. Will we get a reunion show? Do any of these couples ever stay together? I imagine it's like the Bachelor franchise in that long term couples are pretty rare.

I have watched the 3 previous seasons and they have all had a cast reunion so there definitely will be a reunion for this 4th season. In my experience with the show 99% of the couples do not last long outside of the show.  This season was ok, better then the dreadful 3rd season which just sucked. 

10 hours ago, Hiacios said:

I have watched the 3 previous seasons and they have all had a cast reunion so there definitely will be a reunion for this 4th season. In my experience with the show 99% of the couples do not last long outside of the show.  This season was ok, better then the dreadful 3rd season which just sucked. 

Actually, last season didn't have a reunion and there isn't one scheduled for this season either.

Per MTV and other people who have less of a life than me to figure this shizzle out (I just read their findings!), here are some updates:

Sam & Alyssa are no longer together. I think Sam is on the blaming end based on cryptic messages from Alyssa on FB. But they remain "best friends". 

Cameron & Mikayla are living with each other in LA and adopted a Bengal cat together.

Tori and Morgan are not together. Tori may or may not be "dating"/doing Mike from AYTO Season 3, who is also actually Morgan's roommate in NY, where Tori also lives? (I'm sure on a future Challenge, they'll cast Tori and Amanda and Mike and see how far Amanda takes her psycho antics without punching Mike, then he'll make a little push to get her to stay back and they'll kick him off instead.... cough)

Julia had a boyfriend already (and he's much cuter than Stephen) and she was approached to do the show. The boyfriend supposedly broke up with her after the show, but there is no word yet about about if she and Stephen will now continue dating without another dude in the picture. Good riddance.

Obviously, none of the other couples stayed together either. 

Gio has not killed anyone. Yet.

• Love 1

A bunch of the cast were on Afterbuzz yesterday for a mini reunion. The only couples that are still together are Mikala/Cameron and Julia/Stephen, although Asaf said he and Francesca are "seeing what happens". And Tori is dating Morgan's roommate who was on Season 3, which is a little weird. Morgan definitely didn't look too happy when Tori was gushing about it.

10 hours ago, MattDuffysCat said:

Sam & Alyssa are no longer together. I think Sam is on the blaming end based on cryptic messages from Alyssa on FB. But they remain "best friends". 

This does not surprise me. She's a PoC and he supports Trump? Yeah, that shit was gonna last...