Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Live Results 2

• Start Topic

Well I mostly had the 7 picked out. I wasn't totally confident about Steven Brundage though. I thought maybe he'd be in the twitter fight, and at risk of being eliminated. Once Nick paired him up with Viktor I was pretty confident both of them were making it through.

That's two weeks in a row the judges have let the final result go to America. We got it right last week with Deadly Games......I'm not so sure we got it right this week.

• Love 2

Eliminated my earlier comments to know the semi finalists so I didn't have to watch the totally boring live results, but no one responded and in the end I had to endure what was a horrible show.  Thank God for fast forwarding on the DVR!  Like PhD-Purgatory15 who commented that the seven that moved on were not really surprising.  I agree, but I definitely think that America got it WRONG with their final selection of Kadie Lynn over ThroWings.  She won't be getting any votes from me in the future. 

I was not impressed with the season 6 guest entertainers who I can't even remember their names.

Looking at the next live show it's filled with some really mediocre acts and what appears at first glance to be the weakest of the three live shows.  One sure bet to move on to the semi finals is Brian Crum, but hopefully that mother and son incestuous dance team will get eliminated.

Edited by dbklmt
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

That's two weeks in a row the judges have let the final result go to America. We got it right last week with Deadly Games......I'm not so sure we got it right this week.

No, America did not get it right. I'm so sad. 

I wish they'd make this stage of the competition categorized, like the judges' cuts. Put all the singers on one episode so we can weed out the worst. Then make sure the magicians, comedians, dancers, etc have to face each other in the same episodes to make it fair. Then mix it up again or whatever. I'm so sick of good variety acts losing out to mediocre singers. And if one magician or comedian is stronger, we get rid of the dead weight.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, dbklmt said:

Eliminated my earlier comments to know the semi finalists so I didn't have to watch the totally boring live results, but no one responded and in the end I had to endure what was a horrible show.  Thank God for fast forwarding on the DVR!  

If you want to find out without watching, wikipedia usually posts the results pretty much instantly. I also watched on DVR, so I was able to skip the musical performance and a lot of the other nonsense. 

Edited by Superclam
  • Love 3

When Viktor Kee and Steven Brundage were up against each other, I was really nervous that Viktor Kee hadn't even cracked the Top 7...I figured if he was going to be eliminated, it wouldn't be a Dunkin' Save/Judge's Choice type thing, he'd just be right out. Thankfully it was a "both of you!" situation, so I could breathe again. Good job, America!

Not surprised at Calysta Bevier advancing, but I am disappointed. I mean, "Brave" is by no means a challenging song...if I can keep tune with it for the most part when I'm singing it in the shower, it's not hard to sing. Her audition song was pretty basic too. I really wish she'd pick something more vocally versatile to prove that she's as much of a special snowflake as Simon wants us to think she is.

Yay for Sofie Dossi!

When the Dunkin' Save came up, I called it immediately...Sal Valentinetti would win that and Kadie Lynn Roberson would win the Judge's Choice, either because they voted her through or they reverted back to America's votes from the night before. I voted for ThroWings but it was a lost cause, I guess. Ugh. Kadie Lynn Roberson doesn't really bother me, except as yet another 12-year-old that the judges are trying to push as America's next big superstar. Hopefully she takes the judge's advice, though, and strips back down for next week, because her performance this week wasn't worthy of advancement, imo. As for Sal Vanetinetti...I can't believe his unholy hybrid of Mike "The Situation"/Joey Tribbiani/Christopher Moltisanti, all rolled into one outdated, ham-and-cheese stereotype, lives to "croon" at me for another round. Does he really think he's gonna win this whole thing? Cuz if so, his eventual elimination is gonna be entertaining as hell.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Squirrely said:

No, America did not get it right. I'm so sad. 

ThroWings got screwed. Simon had a moral obligation to give them his vote and put them through. There must've be some major backlash for him to admit that he was wrong, and that they did change their routine and up the risk factor. But the damage was already done, because his initial harsh criticism might've cost them votes and the chance to advance. Once I saw they were in the Dunkin Save I knew they were toast. No way these "foreigners" were getting America's vote over a cute little country gal in cowboy boots and the Long Island goombah.

Watching the slo-mo replay of ThroWings you could see that he was just barely catching her. It was scary and thrilling. How could they lose out to a couple of mediocre singers?  You could go to any county fair and see a little girl in cowboy boats singing a country song. And cheesy Sal is pure wedding singer.

Simon is doing his best to manipulate the results to have as many singers in the finals as possible, because that's his bread and butter. I hate that BS about "I'm picking the person who has the greatest chance to grow." Hey Simon, this is not American Idol. This show is supposed to be about rewarding the best act, not potential. I guess if you've spent many years and thousands of hours perfecting your act you're screwed, because you have no more room to "grow?"

Since several of the singers in the next live show are locks to go through, like Brian Crumb and the little girl with the bangs. we're likely to wind up with close to half the finalists being singers. And most of them are really mediocre. Is Calista going to sing an "inspirational" song about overcoming adversity every time, to remind us of her triumph over cancer? I'd be more inspired if she was trying to win this thing on talent and not as a sympathy act.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 8

So glad they showed the clip of Ryan getting shot in the neck 5000 more times.

Oh, what's that? Kadie Lynn and Sal weren't in the top 5? I guess America isn't drinking the "Kadie and Sal are huge superstars!!!" Kool-Aid that Simon and the gang have been trying to serve up. Having to get the saves doesn't bode well for their future on the show.

Viktor and Steven being up there together made me nervous. Steven looked scared. I'm so happy they both made it through! How cute was Steven picking up Viktor and hugging him? Aww.

There were no surprises in this results show.

Predictions for the next show even though we haven't seen them perform yet: Brian Justin Crum and Grace are obvious locks. I'm guessing we'll be saying goodbye to Alla and Daniel, kid magician, Vello, Ronee and The Passing Zone.

• Love 3

So. many. child acts.

And Sal: what the pixellated fuck, "America"?

At least Viktor got through. He is just about my favourite act of all time, and I think part of it is just HIM. He's got an obviously beautiful soul. I could watch him for hours, I think. If he wins, I will be over the moon, but I think we all know Simon is pushing HARD for a singer, any singer, to win.

I had been excited for Simon to come over because I've enjoyed him on BGT, but he's been so milquetoast except for the few times he's been a total dick to a couple of acts who really didn't deserve his fake rancor. Sos is annoying? What kind of professional showbiz critique is that?

And to follow up with a comment to UsernameGoesHere: I hope to gods you are right about Alla and Daniel and little Rockett magician going home. It's bad enough we have Lori Mae, but while little Rockett magician is cute for HIS AGE, All and Daniel just squick me out. I'm sorry, they just do.

• Love 1

I was disappointed to hear that Simon will be back next season. I like Howie, I've surprisingly been liking Heidi a lot this season, I can live with Mel... but I'm just not loving Simon here like I thought I would. I can't stand this kinder, gentler Simon, and he's made it clear that he's all about the singers. So ugh to another season of him.

• Love 1

I don't care for the danger acts where someone is risking their lives or at least the chance of being injured very badly. And I detest the mediocre singers!  So I was thrilled to see Viktor, Steven, Sofie, and The Clarivoyants go through...

• Love 3

I'm not sure about this kinder, gentler Simon. I do enjoy his more lighthearted personality, but I was very disappointed that he cast his vote for Kadie Lynn over ThroWings. When he was on Idol he criticized the contestants for every little thing. And here he tells this extremely mediocre singer that "we have a little superstar on our hands!"? Give me a break. It seems obvious that he wants a singer to win, and there are a few good singers in this competition, but this little girl is not one of the best. As someone said in another thread, you can find a little girl in cowboy boots singing a country song at any county fair. There was not one thing special about her. And I thought ThroWings put in an amazing performance and deserved to go through. 

• Love 4

A significant part of the appeal of this show to me are the PR contortions to which Simon subjects himself.  Enjoy your favorite clown, Tapeface, Simon!

I wonder what it will take for a 3-1 or 4-0 jidges decision.  Yeah.  I know.  Celebrities never want to be the heavy.  We'd lose all the draaaaama.  Fiddle dee dee.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 1:10 PM, JMarie99 said:

I'm not sure about this kinder, gentler Simon. I do enjoy his more lighthearted personality, but I was very disappointed that he cast his vote for Kadie Lynn over ThroWings. When he was on Idol he criticized the contestants for every little thing. And here he tells this extremely mediocre singer that "we have a little superstar on our hands!"? Give me a break. It seems obvious that he wants a singer to win, and there are a few good singers in this competition, but this little girl is not one of the best. As someone said in another thread, you can find a little girl in cowboy boots singing a country song at any county fair. There was not one thing special about her. And I thought ThroWings put in an amazing performance and deserved to go through. 

With you 100% on everything you wrote. (And I'm the one who posted about Kadie Lynn being like any little girl at a country fair). On American Idol, Simon pissed a lot of people off with his harsh critiques. Yeah, he could be a jerk, but he had standards.

Now on AGT he's just another pussycat judge, especially for the singers. Has there been a singer this season he didn't like? The contrast between the "old" and "new" Simon became really clear to me when he praised Daniel Joyner, who made tons of technical errors on that Queen song, for his stage presence or spirit or some other BS. And he was way over the top in his enthusiasm for Grace Vanderwall. A Gold Buzzer? Really? She probably wouldn't have even passed the audition for Idol. (And Sal, another Gold Buzzer, couldn't even make it out of group week on Idol. And now he's in the semis).

Isn't there a conflict of interest in the fact that Simon is in the music business, and he has the ability to push singers he might be interested in signing to a contract? IMO the last thing in the world this show needed is more emphasis given to singers. Especially as all the ones they've come up with are so mediocre (at best).

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 3

I don't know if Simon really looks for true talent. He's looking for something he can package up and sell to the public. Any cute kid who can passably sing can sound better on a recording than live.  Even one of judges - I think it was Howie - made a joke about how Simon was thinking about how he could make money off of one of people auditioning. Realistically, it wasn't really a joke.  

• Love 5

Guess the someone he can package up and sell has to remain on AGT for more exposure???

I was thinking, if he wants to sign some people, just sign them. Don't make us listen to them and hear him pretending how each one is the best thing since sliced bread.

I had been looking forward to him on the show, also, because I mistakenly thought he would be in the same vein as Piers, who - yes, I know I'm probably the only one - I still miss and enjoyed on the show, if for no other reason than some balance on the panel.

Simon can go any time, though, and I will not be disappointed.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 4

I'm fine with results.  No big injustice.  The three who were in limbo aren't going to win anyway. 

In fact, I think only Calysta and Victor in this group have a chance to win the whole thing.

And I like most of the singers.  None of them are average or mediocre.

TGSS....Teenage Girl Singer Syndrome.....seems to be afflicting many of you.

You seem to be dying for someone other than a singer to win and you will go so far as to underrate most of them.

I like Victor, but I don't know of another non-singer act that has a reasonable chance of winning this competition.

• Love 1

And I like most of the singers.  None of them are average or mediocre.

Sample of one, but I liked Kadie Lynn better than Calysta, as a singer.  (I've also met teenagers who I thought were better singers--which isn't "average" but it does influence if I vote for someone--and it's my standard for "should you be on a national talent show?".)  That's partly my preference for country, but also I liked Calysta's performance of "Fight Song" better than her version of "Brave"--I thought it fit her voice better.  That said, I can still be glad other people enjoy them, in part because it explains why they get votes, and in part because other people having wholesome fun is a good thing.

That said, I'd like to see one voting round where singers compete against other singers, dancers vs. dancers, and "other" vs. "other".  There would still be challenges, because I think (for instance) Passing Zone is more "classic juggling taken to the extreme" and Viktor is more "performance art with a juggling component", but you could lump them into both being jugglers (or Viktor as men's rhythmic gymnastics, if you like.)

Edited by marketdoctor
  • Love 2