Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG I'm super proud of you too!! 

Also this guy is one of my favorite characters ever! 

Honestly he is precious. I don't watch "30 Rock," but I loved him in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" as the naive newlywed who doesn't know about sex. 

"Let me just say that if God was a city planner he would not put a playground next to a sewage system!"

• Love 1
On 6/30/2017 at 7:37 PM, QuiteCalM said:

And I don't want you to take this wrong, it is genuinely meant as a compliment with absolutely NO backhand.....but you're adorable.

giphy.gif

Awww pretty bird. The only pets we had growing up were birds. Pretty cool animals. Def different than a cat or a dog.  

• Love 1
(edited)

DCC BATHROOM UPDATE!

SO! The vanity and floor are now done. Vanity is a white enamel and floor is barnwood grey. 

Doing ONE accent wall with wide stripes from top to bottom. The colors from the girls' costumes from the hip hop routine are the inspiration. A couple of different blues, white, and the one I'm having a dickens of a time finding is the Cowboys silvery/greenish shiny pant/short color! UGH! @ShellyB if you know of a paint color that matches the circled shorts, below, by all means let me know! UPDATE: Apparently I can take this very pic to Home Depot and they'll create a paint for me! Thanks @Rosiemac for the info!!

Gotta:

-Frost the mirror with DCC font

-Stripe the wall

-Create the DCC glittery star piece (doing this on a giant canvas to hang, not the wall)

Then I'm done!

stripe.JPG

stripe1.JPG

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

DCC BATHROOM UPDATE!

SO! The vanity and floor are now done. Vanity is a white enamel and floor is barnwood grey. 

Doing ONE accent wall with wide stripes from top to bottom. The colors from the girls' costumes from the hip hop routine are the inspiration. A couple of different blues, white, and the one I'm having a dickens of a time finding is the Cowboys silvery/greenish shiny pant/short color! UGH! @ShellyB if you know of a paint color that matches the circled shorts, below, by all means let me know! UPDATE: Apparently I can take this very pic to Home Depot and they'll create a paint for me! Thanks @Rosiemac for the info!!

Gotta:

-Stripe the wall

-Create the DCC glittery star piece (doing this on a giant canvas to hang, not the wall)

Then I'm done!

stripe.JPG

stripe1.JPG

This sounds amazing 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

DCC BATHROOM UPDATE!

Gotta:

-Stripe the wall

Then I'm done!

stripe.JPG

stripe1.JPG

Your bathroom should be included on a tour of the stadium/Star. A virtual tour!

• Love 3
Just now, Ante said:

Your bathroom should be included on a tour of the stadium/Star. A virtual tour!

HAHAA OMG I'm dying. Should we put a live cam in it and stream it to The Star?

I plan on having it done within the next week or so.....I'm so excited to show y'all!

• Love 4
(edited)

@LadyMsJay before we get yelled at by the mods, I'm attempting! I bought KVD tattoo liner when I was in NYC at sephora and I like it, but it's annoying at the same time since it requires you to go over your line like twice

Edited by heatherrrrz
5 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

@LadyMsJay before we get yelled at by the mods, I'm attempting! I bought KVD tattoo liner when I was in NYC at sephora and I like it, but it's annoying at the same time since it requires you to go over your line like twice

HAHA! You're right..I wasn't even thinking. But I find the liquid liner to be easier for beginners. I still use the liquid b/c I'm not bold enough to use a gel or even one of those pen things. It's funny thought because going over the line more than once increases the chance of you thickening the line and turning into a raccoon lol

Just now, LadyMsJay said:

HAHA! You're right..I wasn't even thinking. But I find the liquid liner to be easier for beginners. I still use the liquid b/c I'm not bold enough to use a gel or even one of those pen things. It's funny thought because going over the line more than once increases the chance of you thickening the line and turning into a raccoon lol

Yesss, and that's what happens! I'm so much better at pencil liner, but that doesn't give you the wing 

(edited)
21 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I draw such a crooked line with liquid :(

I hold my breath when I draw with liquid, and don't try to do a whole line at once! I do my lines in dashes tucked as far into the lash line as I can get, and then add where needed. It's easy to add more, but tough to remove too much. 

I'm getting certified in lash extensions next week...SO EXCITED!

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Ooooooh, do mine, do mine, do mine, please, please, please!!!!

• Love 2

Did anyone else feel the earthquake in Montana this morning. I live about 30 miles from where the earthquake happened, and I definitely felt it around 12:30 a.m. and a few aftershocks. Talk about scary and spooky. Minor damage and a no injuries reported so far.

(edited)
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

can you give tips for people like me who hair fair, almost nonexistant brows? lol  i often can't even find an eyebrow line to darken!! 

LOL well, there are two keys to brows:

1) Cosmetically, you can only work with what you have.

and

2) Brows are sisters, not twins.

That said, there are ways to make your brows APPEAR fuller. Lauren, are you a blonde? Try a taupe brow powder or eyeshadow (Generally brow powders are a "pastier" texture and last longer, but not always) and use a stiff angled brush. Brush in the direction of hair growth. Then, you can use a liner to define the line and soften the lines with a brow brush. It takes some practice but the powder just makes brows appear more natural and fluffier, not a painted line. Embrace a delicate brow. Many women want them, you've got them naturally ;-)

Here's a don't: Don't extend your brow so close in on your nose that you look like you have a unibrow. Your brow should begin, usually, just at the corner of your eye. See pic below.

Another don't is don't let your brows extend past the outer corner. But it doesn't sound like that's a problem in your case. That's what I mean by wanting to do Kelsey's brows! I LOVE how full they are, I wouldn't touch anything other than nip off the tail to show off her gorgeous arch!

KELSEY! ARE YOU LISTENING!? LET ME DO THIS!! I HAVE AIRFARE MILES LOL :-D

ETA: *DISCLAIMER* This pic is from an instagram of one of the DCC's insta friends. I am *NOT* intending to insult this lovely lady and her makeup! She is *GORGEOUS* and she's completely rocking her glam thang. This is a high-fashion look and I'm referring to a daily, more natural look, where this may be too much. She looks glammy fab for this genre and I love it on her.

brow.JPG

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

LOL well, there are two keys to brows:

1) Cosmetically, you can only work with what you have.

and

2) Brows are sisters, not twins.

That said, there are ways to make your brows APPEAR fuller. Lauren, are you a blonde? Try a taupe brow powder or eyeshadow (Generally brow powders are a "pastier" texture and last longer, but not always) and use a stiff angled brush. Brush in the direction of hair growth. Then, you can use a liner to define the line and soften the lines with a brow brush. It takes some practice but the powder just makes brows appear more natural and fluffier, not a painted line. Embrace a delicate brow. Many women want them, you've got them naturally ;-)

Here's a don't: Don't extend your brow so close in on your nose that you look like you have a unibrow. Your brow should begin, usually, just at the corner of your eye. See pic below.

Another don't is don't let your brows extend past the outer corner. But it doesn't sound like that's a problem in your case. That's what I mean by wanting to do Kelsey's brows! I LOVE how full they are, I wouldn't touch anything other than nip off the tail to show off her gorgeous arch!

KELSEY! ARE YOU LISTENING!? LET ME DO THIS!! I HAVE AIRFARE MILES LOL :-D

brow.JPG

THANK YOUUUUU!! 

• Love 1

One time I tried to put on eyeliner and I ended up looking like an overweight hooker, so I never did it again.

(I'm not saying anyone who wears eyeliner looks like a hooker. JUST ME.)

What? Anyway, you guys continue your make up talk. I'll just back out slowly.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

THANK YOUUUUU!! 

I use taupe brow definer by Anastasia Beverly Hills for my brows. I think I'm going to go with the dipbrow in blonde when I go back to Ulta/Sephora.

9 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

One time I tried to put on eyeliner and I ended up looking like an overweight hooker, so I never did it again.

OH MY GOD I'M DYING!!

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

I use taupe brow definer by Anastasia Beverly Hills for my brows. I think I'm going to go with the dipbrow in blonde when I go back to Ulta/Sephora.

@LaurenBrook Another great quad is the Glo Minerals taupe brow quad. It comes with a brow wax, a brow highlighter and two shades of taupe that blend out beautifully.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

OH MY GOD I'M DYING!!

@LaurenBrook Another great quad is the Glo Minerals taupe brow quad. It comes with a brow wax, a brow highlighter and two shades of taupe that blend out beautifully.

I will look for it! I always use a pencil...i'm like a dark blonde and i have almost NO brows and what i do have is LIGHT blonde.  I overplucked YEARS ago and they've just not really come back :(  I also have a round face so i have to be really careful about shaping them to elongate my face, not close it into a circle even more lol  #firstworldprobs 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I will look for it! I always use a pencil...i'm like a dark blonde and i have almost NO brows and what i do have is LIGHT blonde.  I overplucked YEARS ago and they've just not really come back :(  I also have a round face so i have to be really careful about shaping them to elongate my face, not close it into a circle even more lol  #firstworldprobs 

I have no brows and I use a pencil and dip brow to fill them in. They turn out great, the only issue is, when I don't have them done....it's very evident. lol

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I have a brow powder and the brush/spoolie from European Wax Center.  I also have the Benefit Goof Proof brow pencil, it comes in a pretty wide range of shades:

https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/us/en/product/goof-proof

I LOVE benefit!! Have you tried their "Gimme Brow"? LOVE that stuff. It's hard to find something from Benefit that I don't love. I'll definitely get one of these and throw it in my kit. Thanks for the tip :-)

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ByTor said:

NOOOO!  I can't believe I never saw that before, it looks great!

It's AMAZING. I absolutely love it. Literally one swipe on each brow and you're done.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

ROFLMAO I avoid black liner for that reason.

38 minutes ago, Bubbetv said:

image.jpeg

I'm dying! This is awesome. I actually just switched to Almay bc I now need hypoallergenic eye makeup. I've used Cover Girl for years but now when I do it my eyes get red and even though I wash it off really well before bed I get the oozing and crusty eyes. Since switching none of that TG bc I HATE going without eye makeup. I've never used anything on my brows, but I've had them waxed and tweezed enough that the arch has stayed and the rest has stopped growing back, now if only my leg hair would do the same.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, crazydegulady said:

I love gimme brow, it's all I use on my brows - I don't think I'd be able to do all the other brow stuff lol ? 

YES!! Isn't it awesome stuff? If you don't have much to begin with, it's not the right product, but for an average and thicker brow, it's the shizzle.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I've never used anything on my brows, but I've had them waxed and tweezed enough that the arch has stayed and the rest has stopped growing back, now if only my leg hair would do the same.

That's why I've started to use brow stuff, too many bald spots from the over-waxing/tweezing.  Years ago I regularly had me legs waxed in the hopes that eventually the same thing would happen, but all that really happened was that I felt like I had hairy legs all the time from having to grow it until the next waxing...and I was lucky if I got 2 weeks of smooth legs.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

DUUUUDE!!! That's some freaking awesome paint!

My husband gave a heavy sigh and said some shit about having to re-paint if we sell the house bla bla bla. I wasn't listening.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

My husband gave a heavy sigh and said some shit about having to re-paint if we sell the house bla bla bla. I wasn't listening.

LMAO sounds like something my husband would say but then again he was the one that took our son to pick out paint for his room while I was gone to a week long workshop and they chose "celery" yeah no it was fluorescent green. Fortunately we didn't have to paint over it or the hunter green bathroom when we sold our house. 

• Love 1
Just now, twinkietwin94 said:

LMAO sounds like something my husband would say but then again he was the one that took our son to pick out paint for his room while I was gone to a week long workshop and they chose "celery" yeah no it was fluorescent green. Fortunately we didn't have to paint over it or the hunter green bathroom when we sold our house. 

haha! We have a "celery" room. Was here when we bought the house. Ugh. If we can sell it with that color, we can sure as hell do a couple glitter stripes in the bathroom!!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

haha! We have a "celery" room. Was here when we bought the house. Ugh. If we can sell it with that color, we can sure as hell do a couple glitter stripes in the bathroom!!

We got lucky, the realtor was sure we'd have to paint it but we sold to a single dad whose little girl fell in love with the green room

• Love 1

Four kids, sixteen years of high school.  Actually, given the overlap only thirteen total years with at least one child in high school.  It is exhausting, I feel like I have run a marathon at the end of each academic year, and I am not the one actually taking the courses, participating in the extracurriculars, and sitting for all the standardized testing -- oh so much high-stakes testing!  No one tells you how hard it will be when they are cute little babes.

10 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

We got lucky, the realtor was sure we'd have to paint it but we sold to a single dad whose little girl fell in love with the green room

OMG so cute! We bought this from a family who had a little girl and she loved her green room. When we closed, we did a walk through beforehand, and they had left the Disney princess switch plate so we brought it to her and the Mom was so thankful. It was so cute.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Four kids, sixteen years of high school.  Actually, given the overlap only thirteen total years with at least one child in high school.  It is exhausting, I feel like I have run a marathon at the end of each academic year, and I am not the one actually taking the courses, participating in the extracurriculars, and sitting for all the standardized testing -- oh so much high-stakes testing!  No one tells you how hard it will be when they are cute little babes.

I'm so not looking forward to HS and I only have one. MS is already a nightmare and I knew it would be bc I've taught it for years and know my kid. I wish all the high stakes testing would go away. You want me to individualize my teaching to suit each child but then you're going to give them all the same damn test and I'm in trouble if they don't do well. yeah FU ugh, (my school is on the verge of being in big trouble bc of test results, but we've had some really apathetic kids and parents. I'm dreading the scores from this past school year)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

I hold my breath when I draw with liquid, and don't try to do a whole line at once! I do my lines in dashes tucked as far into the lash line as I can get, and then add where needed. It's easy to add more, but tough to remove too much. 

Why are the lash extensions so expensive?  I was shocked to get a price of $175.00 when I inquired about them.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, missmansfield said:

Why are the lash extensions so expensive?  I was shocked to get a price of $175.00 when I inquired about them.

The woman everyone recommends in our CA town charges $250 for the first session, and $200 for monthly maintenance after that.  Needless to say I didn't have them done, so I rely on the lash serums instead.  It's not the same thing I know, but I am so low maintenance that I still don't color my hair, and only get it cut twice a year.

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Did anyone else feel the earthquake in Montana this morning. I live about 30 miles from where the earthquake happened, and I definitely felt it around 12:30 a.m. and a few aftershocks. Talk about scary and spooky. Minor damage and a no injuries reported so far.

I didn't feel it but several other people did.  I'm in Eastern Washington.  There had only been two aftershocks by the time I'd heard about it but someone said there had been at least 14 by this afternoon.

• Love 1