Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:43 PM, woodscommaelle said:

Does Trader Joe's have sushi?

Anyone watching Big Little Lies? Holy shit that show is good. No spoilers please.  

They do!  But it's not super good ... cheap though.  Worth it for a cheap lunch.

I've been meaning to try that show!  What is it similar to?  Is it on Netflix?

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:54 AM, heatherrrrz said:

Aw thanks. I appreciate it. I'd die to get a job with the Cowboys.

I actually put my resume out on there just in case. I've been here 2 and a half years and it's gotten me no where. They were like "don't underestimate your friendliness and dependability." I understand going with the candidate who has years of experience before me, but literally every guy got a promotion last year even someone who had been working here less than 6 months.

I'm sorry to hear!  I think you're awesome and there's something better for you around the corner.  If they don't value you, it's time to get moving (out).  Of course they would promote guys with less tenure and experience ... seriously, if I ever hear a man whine about how they're disadvantaged!

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:19 PM, Oranaiche said:

Looks like she deleted her account. ? All of my PMs with her show up "deleted member" at the top and the messages show they come from "guest." I have my reasons to believe she's still among us on a different account though. Moni, if you're out there, we miss you! Pm me. ?

Aikes ... that kinda freaks me out!  I wonder what happened??  Why did she delete her account?  It wasn't like she used her real name anyways

1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I'm sorry to hear!  I think you're awesome and there's something better for you around the corner.  If they don't value you, it's time to get moving (out).  Of course they would promote guys with less tenure and experience... seriously, if I ever hear a man whine about how they're disadvantaged!

Yup, I should have known this was a good old boys club. My mom sent me a link to a job so I'm currently working on fixing my resume and cover letter for that.

(Sorry, I should have posted this in Off Topics to begin with.)

Since we are on the subject of suspicious account activity and disappearing accounts, I had a strange issue last month.  Sometime in early March, I noticed that a user named @IMCOMINGFORYOU214 had been viewing my profile, that they had just opened their account for the first time on March 3rd, and that they had absolutely no postings or other history.  I will admit that the handle " I M COMING FOR YOU" worried me a little, so I reported that suspicious account activity to our moderators and asked them to please report it to the Previously TV administrators in charge of security issues.  That poster seems to have gone dormant since.

I will say that I am probably oversensitive to such things because my cousin had an issue with a stalker when she was a law student at a Big 10 University about 30 years ago.  An undergrad male that she did not know somehow became obsessed with her (she is beautiful) and started showing up outside her classroom buildings, and her off-campus apartment.  It got to the point where her fiance, now husband, would travel down every weekend from his job in Chicago to keep her company (luckily he is a former Big 10 college athlete).  Eventually she had to get a restraining order against him, and the police intervened.  It was not fun. 

(edited)
7 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I've been meaning to try that show!  What is it similar to?  Is it on Netflix?

It's on HBO.  I don't know what its similar to, but I will say that my favorite TV series EVER was Six Feet Under (also on HBO) and this is coming in a very close second.  It's short...7 episodes.  Amazing cast! In recent years I've only really watched reality tv (pathetic, I'm aware ;) so this was out of the norm for me but oh my god it was good! I read one of the writer's books last year and really liked it as well. 

Edited by woodscommaelle
5 hours ago, California Girl said:

Sometime in early March, I noticed that a user named @IMCOMINGFORYOU214 had been viewing my profile, that they had just opened their account for the first time on March 3rd, and that they had absolutely no postings or other history.  I will admit that the handle " I M COMING FOR YOU" worried me a little, so I reported that suspicious account activity to our moderators and asked them to please report it to the Previously TV administrators in charge of security issues.  That poster seems to have gone dormant since

Well, that's just creepy, I'm glad nothing came of it.

1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

Six Feet Under

I liked that show, but I desperately wanted Ruth to be the death at the beginning of some episode!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

My mom loves "Six Feet Under" and I've tried to watch it on a couple different occasions. I just could not get into it. Maybe I should try again because I just keep hearing about it.

It's not necessarily for everybody.  I've heard so many raves about how the series finale was the best series finale ever...I thought it was so-so.

7 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Brenda bothered me so much.  Lisa. Ugh.  Nate.... some of the time.

Just a wonderfully done show regardless.

I could not STAND Brenda in the beginning.  By the end, though, I loved her!

If you guys like the Bachelor, read reality steve's post about the drama with Luke who was on Jojo's season and was primed for becoming Bachelor before Nick ended up as it.

33 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

If you guys like the Bachelor, read reality steve's post about the drama with Luke who was on Jojo's season and was primed for becoming Bachelor before Nick ended up as it.

Oh gosh! i was dying at that mess yesterday...I really liked Luke too last year but wow.  he must have been shady for even Chris Harrison to basically tweet in agreement with RS about how none of it surprised him that it was getting out, etc.  SO excited for RS' podcast today!! 

1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Oh gosh! i was dying at that mess yesterday...I really liked Luke too last year but wow.  he must have been shady for even Chris Harrison to basically tweet in agreement with RS about how none of it surprised him that it was getting out, etc.  SO excited for RS' podcast today!! 

I know you saw it, I saw your tweet to reality steve lol. I didn't like him, I was always rooting for Jordan so I'm glad my suspicions were confirmed.

39 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I know you saw it, I saw your tweet to reality steve lol. I didn't like him, I was always rooting for Jordan so I'm glad my suspicions were confirmed.

Jordan Rodgers? i couldn't stand him on the show but he's growing on me lately.  Nick V couldn't ask for a better situation...this only helps make him look even better, like oh we totally picked the right guy to be bachelor lol 

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Jordan Rodgers? i couldn't stand him on the show but he's growing on me lately.  Nick V couldn't ask for a better situation...this only helps make him look even better, like oh we totally picked the right guy to be bachelor lol 

Yeah, Jordan Rodgers. I think I kind of liked that Jojo knew him shortly before the show. Same thing with Nick on Kaitlyn's season, she knew him before she went on the show. Nick definitely looks better now.

(edited)

@ShellyB,

Please ask Kelli and Judy to make this year when they finally pluck one DCC super-fan out of online obscurity and crown her or him the "Cinderella" judge, empaneled and empowered to help Charlotte, Kelli, Judy, and your already esteemed panel of judges to select this year's Training Camp Candidates.  Any of @heatherrrrz, @LaurenBrook, @ByTor, @Oranaiche, @tobeyoungagain, @twinkietwin94, @RazzleberryPie, @bigskygirl, @EricaShadows@RhiRhi, @raindancer, @kalibean, or any of a number of others would be more than qualified, and I would love to hear their panel interview questions because you know that they would be great.  So please bring one of these fans into the process.  (Actually, just make it @heatherrrrz, so that she can put "DCC Judge" on her resume.  That will finally help her break into that Old Boys' Club at work. :) )  

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, California Girl said:

@ShellyB,

Please ask Kelli and Judy to make this year when they finally pluck one DCC super-fan out of online obscurity and crown her or him the "Cinderella" judge, empaneled and empowered to help Charlotte, Kelli, Judy, and your already esteemed panel of judges to select this year's Training Camp Candidates.  Any of @heatherrrrz, @LaurenBrook, @ByTor, @Oranaiche, @tobeyoungagain, @twinkietwin94, @RazzleberryPie, and a number of others would be more than qualified, and I would love to hear their panel interview questions because you know that they would be great.  So please bring one of these fans into the process.  (Actually, just make it @heatherrrrz, so that she can put "DCC Judge" on her resume.  That will finally help her break into that Old Boys' Club at work. :) )  

Just wipe out the judges panel and let all of us do it! 

• Love 5

I do not think they would want me because I would piss off Kelli and Charlotte too much because I usually disagree with them the most when it comes to certain girls. Poor CMT would have to do some major editing when I speak my mind too much. On the other hand, Judy and I probably would get along great because she is the one DCC organization spokesperson/judge I agree with most of the time.

Now if one or more of us could end up spending the whole time with Judy and Kelli and the rest of the gang during TC, and we got to help make the decisions on who makes the team, I would sign up for it. Of course, spending up to eight weeks away from home, jobs, spouses, children pets, etc., etc. would be hard, but I am up for a good challenge.

Haha I'd love to be a panel judge. I have a good eye for dance but I'm not trained enough to know if someone is faking it or is really good. I say they make sure they bring Candace Romo back this year.

Guys, has anyone ever worn converse with low arches? They're such a cute simple shoe and I've never worn them. I've worn keds and my feet hurt with those (that was my mistake wearing keds to a taylor swift concert though)

32 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Guys, has anyone ever worn converse with low arches? They're such a cute simple shoe and I've never worn them. I've worn keds and my feet hurt with those (that was my mistake wearing keds to a taylor swift concert though)

If Keds bother you, Converse probably will too. They have that same completely flat footbed (unless they've changed them in the last eleven years or so). I lived in Converse in high school, but I can't wear them now if I know I'll be on my feet a lot.

2 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

If Keds bother you, Converse probably will too. They have that same completely flat footbed (unless they've changed them in the last eleven years or so). I lived in Converse in high school, but I can't wear them now if I know I'll be on my feet a lot.

Apparently they have a Chuck II which has a nike insole in it now. Maybe that would be better for me.

@heatherrrrz I love wearing keds, sperrys, flats, flip flops...you get the picture. Dr Scholls makes a decent insert for flat shoes that help give them a little arch, and they're around $25 at Walmart. The main part of the insert is gel, but the arch has some firm plastic to provide support. They have saved my feet (and knees) for countless wedding receptions and other large events I work where cute shoes are desired. 

7 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I always forget how good chick fil a chicken is until I eat it again lol

Chik fil a is actually my proof that God exists.  How else can I explain its deliciousness?  A miracle!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Chik fil a is actually my proof that God exists.  How else can I explain its deliciousness?  A miracle!

Hahaha I know it's so good. I tried their cookie yesterday and was disappointed because it had oats in it so it was more of an oatmeal chocolate chip instead of chocolate chip as advertised.

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Hahaha I know it's so good. I tried their cookie yesterday and was disappointed because it had oats in it so it was more of an oatmeal chocolate chip instead of chocolate chip as advertised.

And oatmeal raisin cookies are God's practical joke.  I know I shouldn't have laughed but my 7 year old son went hell bent for leather for a cookie tray once, convinced that he was grabbing up a chocolate chip cookie.  He actually grabbed an oatmeal raisin masquerading as a chocolate chip and the look of abject disappointment and betrayal on his face makes me chortle to this day.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ChlcGirl said:

And oatmeal raisin cookies are God's practical joke.  I know I shouldn't have laughed but my 7 year old son went hell bent for leather for a cookie tray once, convinced that he was grabbing up a chocolate chip cookie.  He actually grabbed an oatmeal raisin masquerading as a chocolate chip and the look of abject disappointment and betrayal on his face makes me chortle to this day.

hahaha I've done that too

Hello all, just came here to introduce myself as I'm new.

I found this forum the other day and had to join lol.

I'm from the UK so the only stuff I hear about the DCC are things from their social media accounts, but it will be nice to have people to talk about them with.

• Love 3

Hey guys.  QuiteContrariMoni says hi.  She has a new job and is also doing a internship/mentorship thing and decided her focus is needed elsewhere.  

I haven’t been on the board much either.  Hope everyone is doing okay.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, crazydegulady said:

Hello all, just came here to introduce myself as I'm new.

I found this forum the other day and had to join lol.

I'm from the UK so the only stuff I hear about the DCC are things from their social media accounts, but it will be nice to have people to talk about them with.

Welcome to the boards. We are a diverse group that enjoy the show and are able to have civilized conversations even though we may not agree.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

Hey guys.  QuiteContrariMoni says hi.  She has a new job and is also doing a internship/mentorship thing and decided her focus is needed elsewhere.  

Thanks for the update!

2 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Thanks for the update!  I was worried about her sudden disappearance and her deleting her account. 

Random but definitely "other talk" ... did you guys see the video of the poor doctor being beaten up and dragged off plan by United?  I'm sorry but authorities and people in power take it way too far!!  I was sickened by the video and will NEVER fly United again.  Sadly I do not think they will suffer any long term damage from this "PR blip"

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Welcome back @PBSLover, noticed you'd been MIA for a few weeks now except for one brief pop-in a week or so back.  It is always nice to have a forum regular back in the fold, hopefully Moni will come back in time for training camp so we can laugh through the summer.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Thanks PBS, please tell her I say congrats on the new job and mentorship.  I missed her comments on the girls Bimini shoot. I'm sure they would have been hilarious but I am so happy for her new adventures. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Random but definitely "other talk" ... did you guys see the video of the poor doctor being beaten up and dragged off plan by United?  I'm sorry but authorities and people in power take it way too far!!  I was sickened by the video and will NEVER fly United again.  Sadly I do not think they will suffer any long term damage from this "PR blip"

No.  I won't watch it.  I can't even imagine.

Hi Moni!

Anyone had the brownie or chocolate chip cookie from Panera?  Want. Right now.  Those are my favorite sweets.  I feel like I could get an Uber driver to pick one up for me.  I suppose I would just go with him...lol...that makes more sense.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

No.  I won't watch it.  I can't even imagine.

Hi Moni!

Anyone had the brownie or chocolate chip cookie from Panera?  Want. Right now.  Those are my favorite sweets.  I feel like I could get an Uber driver to pick one up for me.  I suppose I would just go with him...lol...that makes more sense.

Ugh, I'm addicted to Panera brownies. I want to bathe in that chocolate icing.

• Love 2

Panera's chocolate chip cookies are my weakness. I think they changed the recipe though and it's not as good.

If you've never had insomnia cookies you need to...they keep them warm up until you get them and then put them in a pizza box type thing.

I would like to add my opinion to the cookie debate.

I am goofy for Otterbein chocolate chip cookies from Baltimore.  They've been baking them since the 1850s and they are uhhhhhhmahzing.  Thin, crispy, semisweet chocolate and just slightly salty.  Am I embarrassed to admit to eating a dozen in one night?  No, no I am not.

http://otterbeinscookies.com

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

I would like to add my opinion to the cookie debate.

I am goofy for Otterbein chocolate chip cookies from Baltimore.  They've been baking them since the 1850s and they are uhhhhhhmahzing.  Thin, crispy, semisweet chocolate and just slightly salty.  Am I embarrassed to admit to eating a dozen in one night?  No, no I am not.

http://otterbeinscookies.com

Oh funny, my parents used to buy these cookies when they lived in MD. I never expected to see them on here since they're so regional. I do like them, but I'm more of a soft chewy cookie person personally.

My favorite cookies would definitely be any that my sister bakes (she's a pastry chef and she really spoils us). However there's a local cookie company here in Nashville called Christie Cookie that makes some of the best cookies I've ever eaten. As it so happens, they actually make the cookies Doubletree Hotels give out to guests.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

IN my past life as an events planner, I used to get tins of Doubletree cookies all the time!  My only complaint would be the nuts.  I'm not a nut person.

I don't believe the regular chocolate chip cookies they serve at the Christie Cookie locations have nuts in them. They're actually even better than the Doubletree cookies. They put tiny little chunks of toffee in them as well as the chocolate chips. They're divine.

• Love 1