Type keyword(s) to search

The Secret Life of Pets (2016)

• Start Topic

This was okay, but not nearly as good as Finding Dory, and Zootopia is still the touchpoint for animation this year.

I did laugh at the cross-promotion where the bus that Snowball was driving had a poster on its side for the upcoming Sing animated film.

And speaking of Snowball, Kevin Hart was the best part of the movie.

• Love 2

I thought it was cute but not nearly as good as Zootopia. Kevin Hart was the best part and I started imagining him recording the movie which made Snowball even funnier.

I was also amused that our theater placed giant cardboard display for Suicide Squad directly outside the TSLoPs theaters. 

I got a big kick out of just paying attention to the cat.  The animators apparently really paid attention to expressions, attitudes and actions of pet animals!  The cat (Chloe?) was always crammed into a box or a vase or something. 

I enjoyed it overall, but I agree that Zootopia and Dory were better.

• Love 1

See now I didn't care for Zootopia. It just wasn't funny enough for me and was quite frustrating to watch. I really, really liked Finding Dory and this movie. Gidget & Chloe were my favorites. The voices for them were just dead on! I loved how the animators captured the little things that animals do and how they react to things. My biggest complaint was that there was too much sewer animals & the rabbit. I have to say the minions short at the beginning made me long for another Despicable Me movie. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I got a big kick out of just paying attention to the cat.  The animators apparently really paid attention to expressions, attitudes and actions of pet animals!  The cat (Chloe?) was always crammed into a box or a vase or something. 

Indeed. My favorite part of the cat was at the end, when her owner picks her up, gets their finger nipped at then licked. My kitteh does that all the time, probably to make sure I'm not a zombie or something.

• Love 1

Saw the movie today and was a bit underwhelmed.  I enjoyed it, but though it would be funnier.

Agree Zootopia was the better movie.  Many critics have pointed out this is kind of a Toy Story retread with pets, which is true. 

My mom and I just got out of this movie and both agreed we probably should have seen something else.  It was cute, but more in a kids type of way.  I guess we thought it'd be a bit more like a Pixar movie, where the humor is enjoyable for both kids and adults.

15 hours ago, ihavenoidea said:

My mom and I just got out of this movie and both agreed we probably should have seen something else.  It was cute, but more in a kids type of way.  I guess we thought it'd be a bit more like a Pixar movie, where the humor is enjoyable for both kids and adults.

I don't know. My dad and I thought it was hilarious, and we're obviously not kids. I think it's just a different strokes for different folks type of thing.

I loved it. My kids really enjoyed it so I guess it's a win . I laughed quite a bit. We have 2 dogs, 2 cats and three birds so I was able to see a lot of our pet's quirks up on screen. I was in stitches over Kevin Hart. Jenny Slate was amazing. 

I liked this better than Dory, but neither movie is nowhere near as good as Zootopia was. 

Someone told me they felt they focused too much on the displaced pets underground....I agree with that.  It didn't really show a secret life of pets.

But I will say, if one did not feel bad for Tattoo they have no heart :(

I took my 3 y/o this past weekend. I thought he'd get a kick out of a movie with pets, but the underground pets were a bit too much for him. He was a trooper and stayed till the end, and he's brought it up a few times since then, so I think he might enjoy it more if we can rent it sometime, when everything is less loud and intense. 

Finally saw this tonight. It was cute. Kevin Hart as the psycho bunny was hilarious, but I loved Dana Carvey as the old handicapped basset hound. I know a dog in a wheelchair so I had a soft spot for that sort of thing.

Died laughing at the Minions short, particularly when one inhaled the doggy bag.

So this might be a weird question, but do tattoo artists really use live pigs for training? I understand using pig cadavers, apparently the skin thickness is similar to human, but I find it very hard to believe the S.P.C.A. would be okay with it. Also, every Pom I ever meet will have Gidget's voice, regardless of sex.

Edited by SherriAnt
Edited because I forgot........
On 8/1/2016 at 10:26 PM, snickers said:

Someone told me they felt they focused too much on the displaced pets underground....I agree with that.  It didn't really show a secret life of pets.

I agree.  I wanted to see more of Leonard - the head banging, thrash metal listening giant poodle