Type keyword(s) to search

Greenleaf - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm surprised Tasha was still willing to speak to Jacob, even with Basie breathing down her neck. Surely she knows she's thisclose to being made Rochelle and Basie's fall guy.

I'm also surprised Rochelle stuck around after the FBI raid. She must feel pretty confident nothing she's done is traceable.

"Existential status"? What kind of mindfcukery is that? I think Tasha is an abused spouse but it's still hard to feel sorry for her.

Zora is his first lady. Heh. That must be Isaiah's version of "bottom bitch" because that's how he treats her.

Wow, now Rochelle is trying to make Bishop think he has dementia. This woman is diabolical.

I guess next Gigi and Aaron will go get DNA tests to see if they're actually related.

We finally got to hear Patti sing!

Not enough. Not by a long shot. I guess they're teasing us until the season finale.

• Love 2
On 11/8/2018 at 3:03 AM, Arcadiasw said:

You can leave and get someone better.

A dead skunk left on the side of the road for three days would be better!

On 11/8/2018 at 3:13 AM, bichonblitz said:

Basie looked like a little twirp standing next to big, tall Jacob. Jacob should have beat the crap out of him right then and there. 

Basie is dead, right?  Jacob should have put him into his rightful position.

I'm hoping Rochelle is taken to jail and Tasha shanks Basie (which is no crime since he's already dead...)

Those last ten minutes had me on the edge!!!

So glad Tasha got away from Basie and Rochelle.

So very glad Zora got away from Isaiah. I thought he was gonna kill her. I just hope she’s not pregnant next season. You never know with TV.

Kerissa needs to still divorce Jacob. He still didn’t get it when he talked to Grace when she got on him about the kiss.

What did Grace do in Phoenix?

Yay!! Patti finally SINGS!!!

I hope the Bishop isn’t dead. I hope the teases for next week are wrong. There are too many clips of people wearing black.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, Dee said:

When did James Parkinson's become public knowledge?

I think only the family knows about his illness, right?

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Arcadiasw said:

I think only the family knows about his illness, right?

Prior to a few episodes ago, only Mae & Grace knew about his Parkinson's. Now it's apparently an open secret.

On 11/8/2018 at 10:00 AM, scruffy73 said:

I thought it was 

Bishop “you won’t get away with this” (storming away from Rochelle)

rochelle: “bitch I already did”

Rochelle gives Lady Mae a run for her money in the ice queen department 

I was wondering if she said "bitch" or " bishop" Thx for clarifying- makes for a better line

I know just about everyone was waiting for Patty to blow, but I thought Charity hung with her (would it be too much to say.....outdo Patty?) 

They slid that Phoenix comment in there as a nice carrott,huh? 

I just dont see Keith David being killed off, despite the Bishop looking down at the business end

• Love 4

So Calvary might become part of an international church franchise? That's interesting.

How dumb are Jacob and Gigi? For all they knew gangsta Rochelle could've had a gun.

I have to give props to anyone who'll dare do a duet with Patti. She has effectively wiped other singers off the stage in the past. ?

Not sure how I feel about Lady Mae arriving at the church event like she's some kind of rock star. I didn't think that dress was flattering on her either.

The season finale should be good. Several chickens have come home to roost.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So Calvary might become part of an international church franchise? That's interesting.

How dumb are Jacob and Gigi? For all they knew gangsta Rochelle could've had a gun.

I have to give props to anyone who'll dare do a duet with Patti. She has effectively wiped other singers off the stage in the past. ?

Not sure how I feel about Lady Mae arriving at the church event like she's some kind of rock star. I didn't think that dress was flattering on her either.

I have to agree about Lady Mae and her dress/appearance.  I almost thought she was going to come down on invisible wires as if she's floating down from heaven

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lady Mae has to make it about her. 

How about Jacob telling Kerissa, "I realize I love you." Even Tasha would look at him sideways for that one. 

• Love 1
On 11/15/2018 at 9:52 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Jacob and Gigi needed to meet the barrel of the gun, with their dumb asses. It’s not over yet so....

i hope someone comes and breaks up the Bishop/Basie deal because we cannot go forward without Bishop.

and Charity sang her ass off but you can tell Patti was holding back. That’s good though bc Patti is known for rolling around on the floor and kicking off her shoes. Not what you do in the pulpit. I did think she was wrong for calling Lady Mae Pastor. She will never be Pastor. She can’t preach and she is messy. And she can’t preach. That needed to be repeated.

• Love 3

I wish someone would snatch that dead rat off Rochelle’s head.  Does she even know who her dad is?  Did she even know her father?  Stupid heifer.

And wannabe Adam Clayton Powel needs to pull the trigger on the man in the mirror.  That short man in the mirror.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

I love this show, and I loved the season finale.  I knows everything got conveniently tied up in a neat bow (Bishop survives, Bishop and Mae reunite, Jacob and Kerissa reunite, Zora comes home, Mae and Grace bury the hatchet) but darned if I wasn’t grinning through the whole thing!  It felt more like a series finale than a season finale.  Will there be any more seasons, or is this the end?

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

I love this show, and I loved the season finale.  I knows everything got conveniently tied up in a neat bow (Bishop survives, Bishop and Mae reunite, Jacob and Kerissa reunite, Zora comes home, Mae and Grace bury the hatchet) but darned if I wasn’t grinning through the whole thing!  It felt more like a series finale than a season finale.  Will there be any more seasons, or is this the end?

I want to see them fight to get the church back. And Mae and Kerissa will be AT each other to control the house... :)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I thought the exact same thing...This felt like a series finale.  Don't forget about the inheritance and the IRS bill squashed.  Glad it's back for another season.  Will we see the Skanks again?  Will the two cousins go away to college and just be shown every now and then? I wanted little more from Zora and her parents.  Nothing on screen was said about Zora returning and no interaction between the 3until dinner at the mansion.

Best line- Judas in a bad pant suit!

• Love 5

The Mae and Connie showdown was fun to watch. I thought Mae's behavior in that scene, and the walking scene with Grace, showed once again why she shouldn't be the head pastor. She lashes out at even the hint of criticism. Being a pastor isn't just about your ability to preach. It's being a leader, setting an example, being patient and loving, and sincerely encouraging others. Mae has shown some leadership skills, but none of the other things. All of the good things about her are done for show. I know she is damaged from her past, but she needs to get help with her own issues before she can help others.

Compare her reaction to the deacon board to James's. He told them off, too, but he was much more effective. He can throw shade with a smile on his face.

I was expecting to see more with Zora. Also, Tasha's just walking around? I thought she'd be hiding somewhere. 

Didn't Basie and Tasha have kids last season? Maybe I just imagined that.

• Love 4

Great season finale. I like how it wrapped things up from the current season but left open potential storylines for next season in case this was a series finale. I wish other shows did this instead of ending in cliffhangers only to be cancelled. I think it could've been extended to 90 minutes like Queen Sugar's season finale to address a little more of Zora's return and Charity. 

So is the guy that chased after Basie and Rochelle one of the people Basie owe? They are stupid to still be in the country. It must be a week or two after they took that money. 

I agree what have already been said. Lady Mae can't be a pastor but I love her showdown with Connie. It's harmonious now and it's encouraging they will try to get along but you know with everyone back in the house, the infighting will start sooner than later. There's a lot to look forward to next season.  

5 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

I didn’t get to watch but I’m desperate to know. Is Lionel Grace’s biological father? If yes, how did Mae take the news? And the Bishop?

Yes, Grace is Lionel's biological daughter. Lady Mae lashed out at Grace because she didn't want to keep it a secret and Mae made it about herself but Mae did tell Bishop and he was very accepting of the news as if he always suspected it. The good thing is Mae and Bishop did reconciled. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Arcadiasw said:

I think it could've been extended to 90 minutes like Queen Sugar's season finale to address a little more of Zora's return and Charity.

Poor Charity didn't get anything in the finale.

Aaron received more lines and character development then she did.

Her emotional arc was wrapped up in the Iyanla episode, then she just kind of hung around for the rest of the season.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Dee said:

Her emotional arc was wrapped up in the Iyanla episode, then she just kind of hung around for the rest of the season.

Charity is always an after thought. Her only contribution to the family and really the show is that she has a beautiful voice. Her acting is not great (says someone who sits at a desk all day) and I really don’t care about her melodrama. That’s what it feels like to me - dramatic for no damn reason at all. And whiny.

• Love 3

I don't understand how Deacon Connie has so much power over the Greenleafs in their own church. Or why they've stood for it.

Of course Kerissa decided to do Jacob the favor of staying married to him. Seems to me she's always looking for the mercenary and social climbing advantage.

Does having an adultery baby equal having an affair with your wife's sister?

Surprised Basie was still hanging around town knowing the law and whoever else was after him. Hope this doesn't mean he and Rochelle will be back next season.

Harmony and Hope sounds like a church-based Ponzi scheme to me. Guess the producers are serious about the storyline though because Beau Bridges is a pretty big get casting-wise.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Kindly refresh my memory, who said that to Grace?

I had to go back to the dvr....

It was Rochelle.  "You whore, I know what you did it Phoenix."  It was at Coralies house when Jacob and Grace set Rochelle up. Seemed to take Grace a bit if a surprise. It seemed that Jacob took it is stride

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Dee said:

Oh, I disagree. I LOVED her during the Zora’s leaving scene. I like her a lot better now that she’s back on her feet. 

• Love 1

So Gigi inherits 3 million from Lionel, acts like it's no big deal, then tells Aaron she doesn't need the money. When did she become so wealthy on her own? She should have split the inheritance with Aaron. Nice that she bailed the Bishop out of his IRS debt, though.

Jacob and Kerissa doin' it on the dining room table. Yuk. 

Nice fake out with the Bishop "dying" in church. I really believed it. 

The Bishop was way too forgiving and calm about Mae's confession. Once again Lady Mae suffers no consequence for what she does.  

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:So Gigi inherits 3 million from Lionel, acts like it's no big deal, then tells Aaron she doesn't need the money. When did she become so wealthy on her own? She should have split the inheritance with Aaron. Nice that she bailed the Bishop out of his IRS debt, though.

She offered Aaron money, but he declined.  He said something along the lines of if his father didn’t accept him while living he didn’t want his money after death.  The IRS debt was about $2 million I thought.  That would leave her some money to fund her project that Rochelle previously funded.  

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

After taxes that $3M onheritance would be approx $2M, so it really worked out for Bishop and Mae.

There wouldn’t be any tax on an inheritance of this amount, would there?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

The Bishop was way too forgiving and calm about Mae's confession. Once again Lady Mae suffers no consequence for what she does.  

Agree! That was so unrealistic.  I get that he’s forgiving but that was just weak.  Almost a let-down.

2 hours ago, FairyPrincess said:

Agree! That was so unrealistic.  I get that he’s forgiving but that was just weak.  Almost a let-down.

Keeping in mind that I didn’t see the episode I will say this: Bishop got the church and family in some shit. IRS issue (probably Mac but ultimately it is Bishop who is responsible for it all). The overly cozy relationship with Rochelle. Lady Mae should have snatched that hoe bald-headed. Giving Rochelle every.muthafkin.dollar he and Mae had to “invest” to get his IRS money. Smelling that young tootie got Bishop all discombobulated and almost costed him and the family Calvary. Come to think of it, it was Mae’s affair that cleared up Calvary’s problems in the form of Grace’s inheritance from her bio dad.

• Love 4

Finally getting to watch the finale. I think Jacob and Kerissa might actually work better if they stop pretending to be a love match and treat their marriage as a business partnership with steamy sex. Kerissa’s business sense obviously turns him on (I don’t blame him) and she is the smarter of the two. 

I would’ve prefered if Lady Mae and Bishop’s separation lasted at least a full season! I have whip lash. Are they going to get married again?

Charity got the short end of the stick this season, her storyline started strong but puttered out. 

6 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Just when I thought Charity couldn't get anymore pathetic, SMDH.

Well, Well, WELL, huge skeleton fell out of Grace's closet.

Charity was behaving awfully but I’m not surprised. 

This woman has been through A LOT lately. She lost one of her twins, gave birth, lost her marriage, and with all the other drama going on around the family no one paid her the time of day until she acts a fool. I’m not surprised she feel abandoned and unloved. I am not excusing her behavior BUT she needs therapy (for her own sake) and to lay off the booze. 

Lady Mae and Bishop are going to get back together? Then what was the point of the divorce?!!

A secret son? That makes more sense for Jacob not Grace. 😒

On 9/5/2019 at 7:08 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Lady Mae and Bishop are going to get back together? Then what was the point of the divorce?!!

And she's going to make the Bishop "court" her before she gives him sex is just so Lady Mae. She kills me! 

• Love 2

Dang, Lynn Whitfield. Look at you, girl! Lady Mae was killing that lingerie. And the Bishop.

But as far as this making the Bishop court her stuff is concerned, again I ask: Does having an adultery baby equal having an affair with your wife's s ister? Seems to me the courting should be the other way around.