Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: The Next Generation: Academy #2

• Start Topic

I tried the first few weeks to keep the hatred at bay.....but this week opened the floodgates.

I hated the needless tears and hullabaloo over every single round of the academy from the All Stars.

Logan is a better age group B-girl than Phoenix is an age group Animator/Freestyler so that was bogus. The whole thing was even more of a joke because they each were both miles and miles better than Tahani (spelling) who conveniently got Comfort's spot so whatever.

I call producer shenanigans on JT (the little kid that Robert was probably forced to pick).....he had to be one of the weakest of the 100 kids at the academy. His attempt at hip hop was so comically bad it wasn't even fun to laugh at. The idea that he is somehow one of the 10 best kid dancers they could find is just ridiculous.

Here's the list (minus one kid I'm blanking on):

Katherine and Tate

Gabby and Emma

Fikshun and Kida

Joshua and Sheadyn (who?)

Paul and Ruby

Comfort and Tahani

Jenna and Jake

Robert and JT (really, really?)

Jonathan and ?? girl latin ballroom dancer

Sasha and Jordan

• Love 1

I'm not sure why I am watching anymore. This was just a cluster. Too bad about Lev, I really enjoyed his ballroom work. i kept thinking there were attributes I just was not seeing on screen. JT.....over far better dancers. Sigh. 

• Love 1

I think one storyline was blown to bits when Ruby chose Paul instead of Jonathan. If she had chosen Jonathan then Paul would have ended up with Sophia. I bet they would have killed to have both Tate and Sophia in the top. Robert choosing JT was completely bogus. But we all know that they "cast" for different things. That kid was bad at every aspect of the Academy. All in all the casting of this show as no different than the casting of the adult show. There are some clear fodder and obvious frontrunners. I can tell you the top 5 right now: Kida, Ruby, Emma, Tate and JT/Jake. 

• Love 1
(edited)

There were decisions I thought were BS, but I don't feel right trashing kids on the internet (yes this may make me useless in this forum), so all I'll say is that Robert acts like this really intense stage parent. The other coaches just seem to enjoy watching their kids but he jumps up and stares at them crazy eyed. I'm sure stage kids are used to that stuff but it makes me nervous. 

And also I'll miss Lev.

ALSO, why are these kids endlessly doing that move where they hold their leg up vertically? I get that it's impressive at first (though not that impressive -- I too remember being a limber 10-year-old and I was not a dancer) but it definitely ceased to be after the 20th time. Please learn new tricks to entertain me.  

ETA: Oh wait, also also: Do they need to show the footage of Tahani puking on Paula Abdul multiple times an episode? Give the kid a break.

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 4

I'm not hating this. There are moments when I actually like it, because I'm a sucker. And it's 90% montage which makes it easy viewing. Perfect for a summer's night. 

Robert's fake tears/emotions at the end were amazing. I think he has the winner, that kid is adorable. Not a great dancer, but that's not necessarily a problem.

How does this work now? Are they bothering with votes, or will it just be the judges for awhile? 

Also, what's the prize? I have no idea, I'm assuming a scholarship. 

Seriously, how many shots do I need to see of the All Stars watching the contestants? And  I just can't with the All Stars crying and saying, "This is so hard for me," and making these poor dancers wait even longer to hear their fate while the All Stars are busy feeling sorry for themselves. I also really disliked that one of them (Robert?) said that he had such a connection with one of the dancers so he didn't want to cut them. Dude, this isn't about you!

I also felt bad that some of the dancers who made it through to this episode got cut without even getting their names mentioned the entire hour.

I can't believe that Kathryn kept Avery during the contemporary round. Every time there was a shot of all three girls, she was behind the music. I officially hate Quinn's mom for "consoling" her by telling her, "We're going to go home and we're going to work harder." How could she possibly think that would make her kid feel better?

I don't know why Comfort kept Phoenix through multiple round when it was clear that she wasn't picking up choreography.

Although we started this episode with four dancers on each All Star's team, not everyone got mentioned by name so here are the dancers who were either specifically named or who I figured out using last week's list and the process of elimination:

Robert (contemporary): JT (top 10), Joziah (cut - green mile), Sage (cut - contemporary), Gavin (cut - hip hop),
Kathryn (contemporary): Tate (top 10), Avery (cut - green mile), Quinn (cut - contemporary)
Sasha (contemporary): Jordan (top 10), Ashley (cut - contemporary)
Jenna (ballroom): Jake (top 10), Joshua (cut - green mile), Dougie (cut - contemporary), Lev (cut - hip hop)
Paul (ballroom): Ruby (top 10), Sophia (cut - green mile), Lennox (cut - contemporary), Shelly (cut - hip hop)
Jonathan (ballroom): Daniela (top 10), Camila (cut - green mile), Victoria (cut - contemporary)
Gaby (tap): Emma (top 10), Ryan (cut - green mile), Lucas (cut - contemporary), Jazzy (cut - hip hop)
Fik-Shun (hip hop): Kida (top 10), JJ (cut - contemporary)
Joshua (hip hop): Sheaden (top 10), Romeo (cut - green mile), Tre (cut - contemporary), Merrick (cut - hip hop)
Comfort (hip hop): Tahani (top 10), Phoenix (cut - green mile), Aniyah (cut - contemporary), Logan (cut - hip hop),

• Love 2

From my guesses last week, I guessed correctly on the Top 10 except for Comfort picking Phoenix.  However, after watching her in the hip-hop round, I knew she was toast.  If she couldn't pick up hip-hop choreography, she was most likely not very good at Broadway or contemporary.  It's too bad because I do enjoy her solos.  Tahani did well in the hip-hop round but I didn't think she was that great in her audition.  So Phoenix and Tahani have opposite problems.  I think Comfort also said that she wish she could take a little from both.

I don't think it's fair for both Joshua and Sheadan that they didn't show him at all.  If they showed his audition or more than a little glimpse during the Academy, I don't remember it.

I'm not surprised that Paul chose Ruby which I did predict.  I'm surprised that Kathryn or Sasha didn't pick Sophia on their team.  Kathryn's team was loaded so I could kind of understand that although I do think Sophia is better than Avery or Quinn.  I guess I'm not surprised that Sasha picked Jordan.  Their dance styles are similar.  Sasha did not have great technique when she was on the show.  She is a more grounded dancer than the light balletic/contemporary dancer.   That's how I see Jordan.  I also know that her technique is not up there with the other contemporary girls because of her training.

A lot to be annoyed about here. First off, too many all stars picking little versions of themselves over better dancers. Not sure what comfort was smoking but it seemed like she picked her worst option. Same with fikshun. Sasha made the right choice it was just convenient that Jordan is mini Sasha. Tate was the obvious choice and by far the best dancer of this entire group. JT is clearly producer shenanigans for the tiny person cuteness factor. Sage was the clear best male contemporary dancer. 

But the most annoying part for me is the voice style format of all stars each picking one when half of them I never remember seeing and other great dancers get cut. Avery, Quinn, Sophia, sage and a few others should have been put through to lives over many of these kids who I can't remember at all. I suppose it's probably because if they plan on continuing this format next year, they will need to cast those standouts then. Makes sense but it's still annoying. All in all, Tate for the win.

• Love 3

To me what is annoying is all the tears.  I give the kids a pass.  It's the all-stars I want to slap.  I get as dancers many of them wear their emotions on their sleeves since vulnerability is such a huge part of dancing.   But right now it's less about the kids and more about how the all-stars FEEL about the kids.  I don't need to see constant cry faces from Jenna, Robert and Joshua (and I like Joshua).  I'd rather watch the kids dance and see the kids as opposed to seeing the reaction of the all-stars to the kids, if that makes sense.  It's just too much and so dramatic.  It's also taking the attention off the kids and putting it on the all-stars, whether that is by design or not.  But I guess if the all-stars weren't dramatic than they wouldn't be artists for a living.

I'm also leery of some of these dance numbers coming up.  Some of the promo pics of these tiny kids with their full grown adult partners looked creepy enough.  I don't need to see little kids pretending to hit on their grown partner and I don't trust the judgment of some of the all stars to know better.

I was sort of creeped out by the adult/ child pairings until I thought about the pas de deux from Billy Elliot ( the stage version). It was brilliant and not sexually provocative. So I guess it can be done. Whether this show will rise to that level remains to be seen. 

• Love 1

My daughter is thirteen and an extremely competitive dancer. She is heading to nationals next week where she is expected to master contemporary, lyrical, jazz, ballet and tap. Most girls are also proficient in hip-hop. The main point is whether they can pick up choreography. If they can't they are toast. 

That being said, many times she has been rejected and turned down for things. The last thing I would ever say would be to go home and work on it harder. Quinn's mother makes all the mothers of dancers look like "dance moms" . I'm happy that she is doing something she loves. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Quickbeam said:

I was sort of creeped out by the adult/ child pairings until I thought about the pas de deux from Billy Elliot ( the stage version). It was brilliant and not sexually provocative. So I guess it can be done. Whether this show will rise to that level remains to be seen. 

It can be done for sure.  I just don't trust the taste level of some of these rather young all-stars.  Though I guess it's more up to the choreographers.

Yeah, I thought Quinn's mother's reaction was odd as well -- "we'll go home and work harder"? Really?  She seemed like she works hard enough!

Some of the choices are clearly based on ratings/entertainment and not who the best dancer is.  If it was about who was the best dancer, there is no way someone like Sophia Lucia would go home while that little boy stayed, or even that little girl Jordan.   The little girl that got booted off for Jordan - Bostyn - a quick youtube search also reveals is very good, and very versatile.

• Love 1

I don't like the way the entire Academy pick was handled. I think it would have been better to have all of the style dancers picked in sort of a school yard draw rather than lighting up the spotlight of each all-star etc. So: Sasha, Kathryn and Robert (for instance) would draw to see who goes first, second and third. Then have all of the contemporary dancers up there and pick them like that. I feel that better dancers got passed over because of the style of picking. It was just odd.

I hope that this show does continue because it's the only showcase for real dance we have (I don't count DWTS even though I do watch it occasionally) but if they do this format again it needs some tweaking. I would also like to see the age go up to 12-17. No dancer under 12 should be put through this entire process as shown by JT. He's being pushed along for the cute factor and he's not ready, at all. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, sofiah said:

Yeah, I thought Quinn's mother's reaction was odd as well -- "we'll go home and work harder"? Really?  She seemed like she works hard enough!

Some of the choices are clearly based on ratings/entertainment and not who the best dancer is.  If it was about who was the best dancer, there is no way someone like Sophia Lucia would go home while that little boy stayed, or even that little girl Jordan.   The little girl that got booted off for Jordan - Bostyn - a quick youtube search also reveals is very good, and very versatile.

I think the girl that Sophia went up against was more entertaining with more charisma and stage appeal.  The Sophia girl can come off a little like a trained robot.  It was amazing what she could do when she was very young, but now other dancers who have more of the "it" factor are going to surpass her.  

I don't remember bostyn, but Jordan was a powerful dancer with tons of potential who will likely surpass the early learners if she trains at a quality high school program. She's the type of dancer that I like to watch.  

10 hours ago, Lemons said:

I think the girl that Sophia went up against was more entertaining with more charisma and stage appeal.  The Sophia girl can come off a little like a trained robot.  It was amazing what she could do when she was very young, but now other dancers who have more of the "it" factor are going to surpass her.  

I don't remember bostyn, but Jordan was a powerful dancer with tons of potential who will likely surpass the early learners if she trains at a quality high school program. She's the type of dancer that I like to watch.  

Lemons, I agree with your assessment of Sophia.  In the Broadway round, I mentioned in last week's thread that Ruby did well (the girl that Paul picked).  I didn't think Sophia did well.  Her technique is flawless.  However, she came off a little too balletic for Broadway.  She lacked the cheesy and entertaining factor for it.

I don't know Bostyn.  However, I do see a lot of potential in Jordan.  Like Sasha, I think she will be a fierce jazz dancer.  I like what Christina Applegate said when she judged Sasha.  She said that Sasha capitivates her more than the girls that can pull tons of pirouettes.  Technique isn't everything.

14 hours ago, Lemons said:

I actually agree with you about Sophia.  I think she is starting to fizzle now as other dancers catch up to her and are better performers.

The reason you don't remember Bostyn, though, is because they didn't show her dancing.  I also like Jordan - I'm not saying she shouldn't have been picked over Bostyn.  Just that this show is not all about who is the best dancer/performer.  They also need to cast certain "types" - but we all know that already!

This was a lot of drivel to me. I have hated almost everything about the show... and yet I keep watching. I hated the parents on the stage at the auditions and the highlighting of several parents. I hated the way the judges gave standing ovations to so many kids- it became meaningless with each successive SO.  I hated the way the all stars choose their teams and I did not like the kids picking between two judges ala The Voice. Got really bothered when Quinn's mom told her to "try harder." How about saying, "Look honey, this is all about personality and a predetermined set of kids. It in no way reflects your talent. It only reflects Uncle Nigel's ideas of who fits into the boxes he wants ticked off."  

Like many others have mentioned, the all stars weeping and outright crying drove me batty. Seriously, when they cut to Joshua all teary-eyed, I thought I'd lose it completely. In reality, how much time did the all stars even spend with their team? Sure its always hard to let a little kid down, but the adults crying doesn't exactly help the kids to keep it together. And those kids who did keep it together came across as more mature than the all starts! I can not stand the way the all stars jump up and scream and punch the air and act like they've never seen a kid do anything as amazing as whatever move they'd just done. Seriously!?! Maybe I'm cold-hearted, but none of these kids have done anything that I haven't seen other kids do before. The only one who actually impresses me is Tate, but I can't say I even remember most of these kids.

The JT thing was obvious and so idiotic. I will admit I was shocked that Phoenix didn't make it, since she was the inspiration for the show... but she never impressed me at all during the academy, so I can't say I'm sorry she's gone.

I miss my show, even though I did not enjoy last season at all. Does anyone know if the "adult" version is coming back?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, sofiah said:

I actually agree with you about Sophia.  I think she is starting to fizzle now as other dancers catch up to her and are better performers.

The reason you don't remember Bostyn, though, is because they didn't show her dancing.  I also like Jordan - I'm not saying she shouldn't have been picked over Bostyn.  Just that this show is not all about who is the best dancer/performer.  They also need to cast certain "types" - but we all know that already!

Sophia is still an excellent dancer for her age but it has to be tough for her because she was touted as this prodigy that trained full time at a very young age.  And now dancers her age have caught up or surpassed her and will continue to do so.  Prodigies like her end up being old news before they become adults.  

I liked Jordan because of her power and strength.  In that way she stood out from the tiny skinny gumby girls.  There were too many of those.

I wasn't sure if I was even going to comment (new boards and then I got a new computer, so everything wasn't easily automatic to comment!)...I had vowed to myself not to watch this crapstravaganza. But then it showed up on the dvr and...yeah.

First off, I have to count myself as one of the biggest SYTYCD fans on the planet. Man, I've loved this show. And like all of us fans, I've weathered some pretty crappy times on the show...terrible judges, derivative dances, Nigel's leering at blondes, Tyce (I mean, god, TYCE.). But this is pretty tough.

Back in March, I was in NYC with my daughter for her high school graduation gift-trip (yes, we saw Hamilton!! With Ariana Debose and Thayne Jasperson!! But I digress), and I was walking down a street and stumbled into a huge line of people that I soon realized were kids with their parents. Dance kids. Fully made up, many seeming tightly wound with mothers fussing over hair and such. "God, what the hell IS this?" I thought to myself. And then I saw the little SYTYCD numbers pinned to their clothes. And I remembered about this season. The group just had the weirdest vibe -- very stage-parentish and lots of anxiety among the sea of kids.

And that's kind of how the show is. First off, why only ten kids? Why not twenty? It seemed awfully cruel for each all-star to pick five kids and only have ONE stay. I'm with the previous posters who wanted to slap the all-stars who were weeping, "It's all about meeeeeeeee." Especially when they were effing with kids' emotions. Another weird thing I'm struck by -- especially with the contemporary girls -- many don't seem THAT much less mature than some of the eighteen year olds of the previous seasons. Lots of tricks and ability, but very little compelling maturity or depth. But the 8-13 age gap -- how can you compare, say, Ruby with JT? The age difference there is HUGE. A young woman vs. a little kid. It's just...weird.

I want my old show back: more mature dancers (remember Heidi? Donyelle? Legacy? Ade? Jakob?  Etc.) with a larger variety of choreographers (which they seemed to be doing these last years), a leeeeeeeetle bit of all-stars (hate how the all-stars seem to have taken over everything), substantive judging, etc.

I'm living in a dream world. Right now, I'd say Tate or Ruby for the win. And yeah, I'll probably watch some more of this (tho not all, I suspect) cause as much as I don't want to be, I'm still this show's bitch. However, if every week becomes a cry-fest by everyone involved, I may tap out earlier than planned!

• Love 3
(edited)

JT is cute as a button.  However, he shouldn't have been chosen.  He barely made it pass Broadway and what I saw in hip-hop was not good.  Don't remember him in the contemporary round.  I'm surprised Sage was cut in the contemporary round since he's really good at it and I would have picked him.  I don't know Joziah but I've seen Gavin on Dance Moms and he's good too.

Edited by realdancemom

Just don't even know what I'm watching anymore.  Oh wait, yes I do, it's pandering to the young 'uns and the Dance Moms crowd, right down to the social media style bumpers.  So Fox actually thinks this is enough to win an audience, as opposed to more mature dancers who are able to put performance, technique and a wide range of emotions out there on stage?  Stick a fork in it, this show is a joke and pandering to the tots crowd leaves zero facade to the casting manipulations.

• Love 4
On 28/06/2016 at 2:31 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Seriously, how many shots do I need to see of the All Stars watching the contestants? And  I just can't with the All Stars crying and saying, "This is so hard for me," and making these poor dancers wait even longer to hear their fate while the All Stars are busy feeling sorry for themselves. I also really disliked that one of them (Robert?) said that he had such a connection with one of the dancers so he didn't want to cut them. Dude, this isn't about you!

I also felt bad that some of the dancers who made it through to this episode got cut without even getting their names mentioned the entire hour.

I can't believe that Kathryn kept Avery during the contemporary round. Every time there was a shot of all three girls, she was behind the music. I officially hate Quinn's mom for "consoling" her by telling her, "We're going to go home and we're going to work harder." How could she possibly think that would make her kid feel better?

I seem to have double quoted but whatever - THIS! All of this!

It doesn't help that I REALLY dislike a bunch of those All Stars (Jenna - blergh! But also Robert, FikShun and to a lesser degree Kathryn, her voice and her discomfort with life when not dancing (or cameras, she may be ok off screen and just look so uncomfortable) make me really weary of her) so I kind of want them to lose and leave my telly soon soon soon. But even the ones I liked behaved like egocentric pricks.

I hate vomit with a passion and did not need several shots of that girl puking on Paula. 

The mom who told her daughter to work harder at home makes me angry. She worked really hard. She did amazingly to make it that far. Why use this to push the poor child even harder? But I guess a lot of them have parents like that at home in order to be that good at such a young age.

Maddie Ziegler is utterly useless thus far, she doesn't really have the charisma for this interview stage and I will find it very hard to see her criticise kids that I know are superior in terms of technique to her (she is a great dancer, but she is a competition dancer not a classically trained dancer and a lot of those other kids have a lot of proper dance training, not just "oversplits and fall out of a pirouette writhing" type training). However I hope she got paid good money and will be able to afford nice things in life for having to do stuff like this in her childhood!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MillyVanilly said:

The mom who told her daughter to work harder at home makes me angry. She worked really hard. She did amazingly to make it that far. Why use this to push the poor child even harder? But I guess a lot of them have parents like that at home in order to be that good at such a young age.

While in theory I support the idea of teaching children that you have to work hard to achieve your dreams (as opposed to the ones who expect to be handed everything on a silver platter), if you are going to have a child who auditions for things (whether it's dance, acting, modeling, whatever), then it is imperative you teach them that there will be times when you will not be chosen and it has nothing to do with your talent or your hard work. Sometimes you just don't have the right look, which is something you can't do anything about. Other times, like SYTYCD, they want to tell a certain story and if you don't have that, it's okay. In both cases, it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with casting. And that's why when your child isn't chosen, you should not tell her that she will go home and work harder. There are certain things that hard work will never change. Mr. EB said that when he was a kid, he wanted to be a professional athlete but after he hit puberty he realized that he would never have the physique of, say, a linebacker. You have to accept things like that and work with what you have. In the case of the girl who was cut, it's not like she fell on her face. A better thing to tell her would have been that this was just another audition and there will be other auditions but that she did her best and her mom was proud of her. I'm not a fan of praising kids for every little thing, but when your kid is crying about rejection they just need some comforting in the form of a good old fashioned hug, not an admonishment to work harder.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

but when your kid is crying about rejection they just need some comforting in the form of a good old fashioned hug, not an admonishment to work harder.

Yeah I agree. I coach children in gymnastics and dance and I have a little kid myself. She ain't gonna be the next olympian for sure - the child has many qualities but particular strength, coordination and poise are not among them. She may still get stronger and more coordinated in time, but I am not going to push her in a direction she doesn't want to go. Some of my students I do push, and I push hard. Because they can go far that way - but as a mum I think it should be our job to hug more and push less. Just my opinion though. My parents were very pushy in academics and they feel quite dejected that I went into sports.

If that had been my kid crying I would have told her she is amazing and incredible and in the top whatever (20? 30?) of however many kids they auditioned and that is something to be proud of. Also at 10, 11, 12 I would really hope my kid wouldn't feel like this is their one chance or their lifelong dream cause they haven't lived quite long enough for a dream to qualify as "lifelong". 

Back to the actual show - the tiny child (JT?) who is just not as good as the others is going to go far in my opinion. People LOVE teeny tiny children doing big feats and if they see Tate dancing amazingly and tiny toddler bopping about at the height of her knee they will still vote for the electric shrimp!

I thought the girl who vomits easily looked better than Phoenix when they showed them dancing for like 3 seconds. She seemed to have a wider range than Phoenix and I would rather the hip hop kids stay for as long as possible to counteract the many contempo duets we will see (each of which will be the best contemporary we ever saw! And mean so much! Because they are about IMPORTANT ISSUES!!!!!).

• Love 1
9 hours ago, MillyVanilly said:

Maddie Ziegler is utterly useless thus far, she doesn't really have the charisma for this interview stage and I will find it very hard to see her criticise kids that I know are superior in terms of technique to her (she is a great dancer, but she is a competition dancer not a classically trained dancer and a lot of those other kids have a lot of proper dance training, not just "oversplits and fall out of a pirouette writhing" type training).

I don't know about the ballroom dancers but the majority of dancers on this show and the adult show are and were competition dancers, not classically trained.  The choreographers were all, for the most part, part of the competition circuit and seemed to already know the dancers who were chosen.  The classically trained dancers, whether ballet or modern, never seemed to do very well. (there were exceptions).   Tate seems to be the only classically trained dancer and her school looks like they also teach contemporary, so she has a huge advantage, or should anyway. 

With the kids that got picked there is only one child who is "better" than Maddie and that is Tate. The rest are most certainly not as classically trained as she is. But of course the hip-hop kids are better at their style, and the tap kids are better at their style and the ballroom kids are better  at their style. You see how that goes? Better is subjective, training wise Maddie is certainly qualified to critique and judge the kids who are going to be on the show. 

• Love 1

I don't have a problem with Maddie judging kids who may be better than her.  I think the bigger issue is going to be that Maddie just isn't very charismatic when she's not dancing.  She lights up when she performs, but the rest of the time she has a bit of a flat, bored teenage vibe going on, which may just be put on because she is a teenager and trying too hard to look cool.  But it doesn't lend itself to doing interviews, as she has so far, or even judging particularly.  But I guess we'll see on the judging aspect.

• Love 1

I just feel a bit lost cos i didnt get to see more of Olivia Bevilacqua perform, also sad that Avery is cut.

Always nice to see Miss M Ziegler, will always be a fave of mine.

Those crying judges are pathetic!

On 7/11/2016 at 11:04 PM, spanana said:

I don't have a problem with Maddie judging kids who may be better than her.  I think the bigger issue is going to be that Maddie just isn't very charismatic when she's not dancing.  She lights up when she performs, but the rest of the time she has a bit of a flat, bored teenage vibe going on, which may just be put on because she is a teenager and trying too hard to look cool.  But it doesn't lend itself to doing interviews, as she has so far, or even judging particularly.  But I guess we'll see on the judging aspect.

On 7/11/2016 at 11:04 PM, spanana said:

I sorta see your point, but i don't think we can be too harsh in our opinions about this kid, she's just a 13 year old girl after all, thrust into the spotlight, trying to do her best in this cutthroat entertainment industry.

• Love 1