Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, mooses said:

Nicole was suspicious of Paulie just because he's Cody's brother - and that would actually make more sense because he is playing the exact same game and I think he'll make it far. 

This is another reason why the Tiffany witch hunt is even more annoying. Paulie is playing just like Cody (who's game consisted of flirting with the girls and letting Derrick make all his decisions) and yet no one is going insane over him. And Cody actually made it to F2. Granted, he was an idiot, so maybe people want to keep Paulie for that reason.

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't think Paulie's behavior is annoying while Tiffanys' has been.  Nobody wants to babysit Tiffany.  Fair or not, they've been on pins and needles hoping nobody offends Tiffany since the feeds came on.

Also, nobody respects Cody as a game player so if someone wants to imitate his game I don't think anyone is concerned.  You're also giving Paulie and Cody a ton of credit saying they had a strategy.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, MV007 said:

Paulie's behavior isn't annoying while Tiffany's is.  Nobody wants to babysit Tiffany.  Fair or not, they've been on pins and needles hoping nobody offends Tiffany since the feeds came on.

Yes. I mean, the Calafiore strategy is look good and be charming. But I also think they've been on pins and needles because Tiffany is Vanessa's sister. She is emotional, but Frank would probably piss me off to the point of tears as well. 

BTW, Z is upset because Frank slapped her butt. And Natalie is saying Victor did the same thing to her. Classy guys.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, MV007 said:

You're also giving Paulie and Cody a ton of credit saying they had a strategy.

Oh I never said that! Their game is literally just flirting and letting a more dominant man make their decisions for them. But the fact of the matter is Cody made F2 and Paulie has a great shot of going deep in the game.

Tiffany is 130% playing a worse game than Paulie right now. She's terrible! The reason she's being targeted is because she's very similar to Vanessa and Day is scared of/still butt hurt about Vanessa. Well and also because Frank could tell he wouldn't be able to control her and he wants people around who will be his sycophants.

2 minutes ago, mooses said:

BTW, Z is upset because Frank slapped her butt. And Natalie is saying Victor did the same thing to her. Classy guys.

Wow. Please BB God let these women get out all these tools!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I beg to differ! I can't even watch feeds he's on because he's stupid as hell and says 'like' 457 times in a 5 minute convo.

I sort of remember (not really) Cody saying something over and over too. It was the same saying over and over but I can't what word it was. God? At the end of the day? Something like that. That said, I don't mind Paulie too much. He & Cody are typical frat sport guys. At least, he can hold a conversation unlike Corey. Wow! How does that guy get through the in the outside world? I mean, he is really is dumb like a box of rocks. I guess he got by with his good looks and atlethic ability. I'm dying to hear his exit interview with Julie Chen.Talk about crickets. LOL!!!!

• Love 3
Just now, ByaNose said:

I sort of remember (not really) Cody saying something over and over too. It was the same saying over and over but I can't what word it was. God? At the end of the day? 

Yea Cody was a fan of "At the end of the day." Paulie actually busts that one out quite a bit, too.

4 minutes ago, mooses said:

She is emotional, but Frank would probably piss me off to the point of tears as well. 

Oh I would lose my mind if I had to spend even a day with Frank.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Tiffany wasn't putting any sort of counter alliance when Day started her Anti-Tiffany brigade. She has been doing this from the beginning. 

Day disappointed me last season, but I gave her a second chance this season since I hoped that she would of learned from her mistakes but in my opinion she hasn't. She's spreading herself way to thin and it's all going to bite her. But to be fair, I don't think anyone is really playing a stellar game so far. Hopefully once we get down in the Jury phase, it'll start getting more ruthless. 

Wasn't Day the one who brought Tiffany into the 8 pack? I recall her having conversations with both Z and Tiff.    After that she observed Tiffany getting friendly with Paulie, and that's when I first noticed her antennae first went up.  Now Day may have had suspicions before, but they weren't enough to prevent her from wanting to include Tiffany in an alliance.   YMMV

• Love 2
(edited)

If I were in that house the first two people I'd want out of the game are Frank and Tiffany.  There is absolutely no question whatsoever that those two would be the ones I'd plant seeds about and get out at all costs.  Whatever it took.

Now if I were a guy, I'd probably hide behind Frank, knowing he would pretty much always be a bigger target that I am.  I'm not a guy though, and I absolutely can not stand anything about Frank, from his misogyny to his looks, from his bossiness to his smarmy ego.  I probably would not confront him directly, but I'd be working to get him out from the first day.  I'd stroke his ego to his face, but my main goal would be him gone and that would not change until it happened.

Tiffany?  Oh please.  I can't stand her voice, I heard too much of it last season.  She's definitely been coached by Vanessa, and while she's probably not nearly as manipulative or intelligent/calculated/deceitful/intimidating as her sister, the first time she wore sunglasses in the house?  Done.  The hoodies and hats are simply screaming "Don't trust me, I'm just like my sister!"  Also, as I said in the beginning, that voice!  OMG, I was so sick of it last year, and here it is again!

It really seems like they filled the house with people even more stupid than usual this year, there only seem to be a couple who know this game at all, or are trying to play it.  The twists were a gimme to the vets.  It's also made the feeds/game pretty boring.  "you all throw HOH again next week" "OK!"  I mean, WHAT?  I'd give them props if most of the cast didn't seem to think they were either on a dating show or auditioning for better things.

Edited by Umbelina
because I screwed up
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

At least, [Paulie] can hold a conversation unlike Corey. Wow! How does that guy get through the in the outside world? I mean, he is really is dumb like a box of rocks. I guess he got by with his good looks and atlethic ability. I'm dying to hear his exit interview with Julie Chen.Talk about crickets. LOL!!!!

I decided a while back the lighter fluid fumes must've gotten whatever brain cells the alcohol and bong resin missed.

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh I would lose my mind if I had to spend even a day with Frank.

I wouldn't lose my mind; Frank, on the other hand, might lose some teeth.  To me Frank comes across as the overgrown jock type who's slapped a thin social veneer over his natively boorish behavior, but one he'll peel back at a moment's notice if a situation presents where he thinks he can get away with it - especially if others of his ilk are in the immediate vicinity.  

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Frank shows up at his high school reunions and starts off greeting everybody like long-lost best friends; several drinks into the evening, however, Frank has found the guy who was the shortest kid in gym class back then and is recycling all the old short jokes - interspersing each with a "just kidding", of course - and convinced everybody else is laughing along with him.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I don't think it was mentioned in the house at all but I recall the twin referring to herself as an honors student in her own televised intro, and it was also on the BB web site as part of her bio, I believe.  They also trumped up some careers.  I wouldn't call Austin a pro wrestler when he had a long-past, very short, failed stint at that, e.g.  

Speaking of... Am I recalling wrong or on the broadcast don't they have a chiron labeling Victor a 'gym owner'?  He's some mid-level manager at an LA Fitness.  As soon as I saw his I thought, "Must be yet another personal trainer they needed to present as something more."  

I personally agree, but I feel like some people, especially older people like her father and her students' parents, might feel someone who just floats both ways and presents herself as ambiguous might be somewhat less controversial, maybe.  I don't know, just a thought.  It probably was BB and I agree, it's weird and wrong.  Though I think all the little lies are weird and wrong, including calling yourself an honors student or a pro wrestler.  Even Vanessa was kind of a has-been in the pro poker world, wasn't she?  Though at least it was probably still her actual profession.  

He was a "gym manager" but it didn't quite look as fancy/corporate as an LA Fitness.  I suspect its a "friends gym" where Victors biggest benefit is that he gets to workout for free.  Him making Natalie feel bad about her body though?  He could be the one in charge of signing up new clients.....because I think thats a trick of the trade.

1 hour ago, Stinamaia said:

I think Day has assessed Tiffany correctly. It may be somewhat influenced by her views about Vanessa, but a lot of it is her observation of Tiffany in the game.  Tiffany is part of the main alliance, but she is also putting together a counter alliance. That is dangerous for Day's game.  Day sees Frank doing the same thing, and she doesn't like him for the same reason.  How Day reacts to her observations may not be the best game play, but her observations are not irrational by any means, and it is not irrational to want both of them gone.  She probably shouldn't be so overt, but demonization the person you want gone has been part and parcel of this game. It's not ever pretty to watch no mater how many houseguests take part.

I don't get the extreme Day dislike nor to I get the extreme Tiffany love.  I think both may be holdovers from last season.  

I agree with the bolded.  Day is being vilified for playing the same game that people have played in the past.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I actually like both. Which is why it's frustrating that Day is playing into Frank's hand.

You know, Paul is a character but he seems a lot less insufferable without Jozea there. Still not a Victor fan though.

ETA: Z/D/N conversation in the bathroom. Z wants Frank out bad and Day is on board, but they doubt that HGs would vote him out. N isn't as vocal about Frank's shadiness.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I beg to differ! I can't even watch feeds he's on because he's stupid as hell and says 'like' 457 times in a 5 minute convo.

Not disagreeing with you.  But I meant more for the houseguests.  So I think Tiffany's behavior will more consistently annoy houseguests than Paulies'. 

• Love 1

Last night Paulie said "We gotta nip that s**t in the butt." And no less than ten minutes later he said "We gotta nip that stuff in the butt." I had to giggle, if only for the fact that Corey was laying in bed nearby and may have become aroused.

• Love 3
(edited)
42 minutes ago, RCharter said:

I agree with the bolded.  Day is being vilified for playing the same game that people have played in the past.  

I don't hate Da; I just don't think her apparent game strategy is sound or smart.  Primary reasons?  

• Da tells lies when she doesn't have to.  I'm a firm believer the best strategy of this game is to keep overt lying to an absolute minimum.  Lies of omission, letting other people jump to conclusions, etc., etc. - that's all fine and dandy. Plenty of room for plausible deniability.  But keep the words coming out of your mouth as close to the truth as possible - creating common perception of you as that rarity which is a truthful HG - and thereby setting everybody up to swallow the Big Lie when you feed. It to them.  ;>
  • Da tells stupid lies - by which I mean, lies which can be easily exposed.  If Nicole, or James, or Frank -well, maybe not Frank - were to sit down and have a serious heart-to-heart with Tiff, Da's liable to end up living a re-play of the infamous Da/Audrey Confrontation - except this time it would be Da in the hot seat.  Example: Da lies to Tiff and tells Tiff that James said he no longer trusts her - then turns around and tells other 8-Packers the reason Tiff is acting paranoid is because Tiff overheard James saying he didn't trust her.  All it would take would be for one of the 8-Packers to whom Da said this to walk up to Tiff and ask "When (or To Whom) did you overhear James say this?"  And when Tiff displays confusion and says, "*I* didn't overhear anything, Da told me James said that" - if both of you go to James to check...?

The only reason Da hasn't gotten burned yet is that most of these HGs are playing even stupider than her - and for all I know that strategy may take her to F2.  If it does - good job, and God bless.  But I for one think it's needlessly risky to continually play to the lowest common denominator.

Edited by Nashville
Fixing typos
  • Love 17
(edited)

The James/Natalie thing is fascinating.  James doesn't seem to understand that he can actually make a move.  Like, I'm not sure he believes that Natalie would actually be interested.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 4

Honestly, I think Da'Vonne is playing similar to the way Audrey did last year: all sides of the house, spreading misinformation, just plain making things up, with an extra dash of paranoia. It's sloppy as hell but it can be effective. She's just gotta know when to stop and I'm not sure she does. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MV007 said:

The James/Natalie thing is fascinating.  James doesn't seem to understand that he can actually make a move.  Like, I'm not sure he believes that Natalie would actually be interested.

Oh, I think James knows he could make a move; I just think James is unlikely to.

Not while 3000+ cameras are aimed at every bodily orifice, at least.

Day's personality when she's talking game just bugs the crap out of me.  She thinks she's in control, she thinks she knows everything, when in reality she's one of the sloppiest people in there.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I don't hate Da; I just don't think her apparent game strategy is sound or smart.  Primary reasons?  

• Da tells lies when she doesn't have to.  I'm a firm believer the best strategy of this game is to keep overt lying to an absolute minimum.  Lies of omission, letting other people jump to conclusions, etc., etc. - that's all fine and dandy. Plenty of room for plausible deniability.  But keep the words coming out of your mouth as close to the truth as possible - creating common perception of you as that rarity which is a truthful HG - and thereby setting everybody up to swallow the Big Lie when you feed. It to them.  ;>
  • Da tells stupid lies - by which I mean, lies which can be easily exposed.  If Nicole, or James, or Frank -well, maybe not Frank - were to sit down and have a serious heart-to-heart with Tiff, Da's liable to end up living a re-play of the infamous Da/Audrey Confrontation - except this time it would be Da in the hot seat.  Example: Da lies to Tiff and tells Tiff that James no longer trusts her - then turns around and tells other 8-Packers the reason Tiff is acting paranoid is because Tiff overheard James saying he didn't trust her.  All it would take would be for one of the 8-Packers to whom Da said this to walk up to Tiff and ask "When (or To Whom) did you overhear James say this?"  And when Tiff displays confusion and says, "*I* didn't overhear anything, Da told me James said that" - if both of you go to James to check...?

The only reason Da hasn't gotten burned yet is that most of these HGs are playing even stupider than her - bad for all I know that strategy may take her to F2.  If it does - good job, and God bless.  But I for one think it's needlessly risky to continually play to the lowest common denominator.

I agree 100%.  To me, the reason Day hates Tiff so much is that she (Day) is trying to play Audrey's game this time around -- the game in bold above -- which was also Vanessa's game, and since Tiff is Vanessa's sister, that makes Tiff her enemy by default.  Surely, Day has to know that Tiff will be smart enough to pick up on what Day is doing and so, of course, she wants her gone.  That, plus Day knows the longer Tiff stays, the harder Day will have to work that angle since Tiff will probably being playing the same twisted game.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, MV007 said:

They were having a cuddle sesh last night (Natalie was the big spoon). But Nat also seems super hung up on Vic and how he treated her, so it makes me feel like it's a Big Brother rebound.

These women are stupid if they don't make a real move next week.  It's going to be 8-5, and they aren't going to get better odds than that.  Of course they have Bridgette the rat, but even she might see sense if they would just think about it and act, or at least try to win HOH and run it their own way, instead of Frank's way.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have to laugh. Day wants Frank out now and just realized she has the 5 votes with Fatal Five. Suddenly they need Tiffany. Oy Vey. 

ETA: I'll only believe this get Frank out plan will have legs if Corey doesn't blab to Frank and the other dude bro's about everything Nicole told him.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Frank shows up at his high school reunions and starts off greeting everybody like long-lost best friends; several drinks into the evening, however, Frank has found the guy who was the shortest kid in gym class back then and is recycling all the old short jokes - interspersing each with a "just kidding", of course - and convinced everybody else is laughing along with him.

Wow you have him pegged!

39 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Honestly, I think Da'Vonne is playing similar to the way Audrey did last year: all sides of the house, spreading misinformation, just plain making things up, with an extra dash of paranoia. It's sloppy as hell but it can be effective. She's just gotta know when to stop and I'm not sure she does. 

+1

OK so a "Get Frank Out" movement is currently happening. I imagine it will fall apart soon, but it's fun!

• Love 5
(edited)

Nic is exposing all of Franks F4 and F2 deals to Cory.  Big 'Frank ou't motion is building steam.  

ETA.  Yes it is fun, Peach!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7
Just now, kellog010 said:

I have to laugh. Day wants Frank out now and just realized she has the 5 votes with Fatal Five. Suddenly they need Tiffany. Oy Vey. 

She's going to try mend fences with Tiffany and come away thinking she has to get Tiffany out next instead. For sure.

• Love 5

"I want you out before jury" = making it personal to Frank. No, making it personal would be "I want you out before jury because you're a wretched human being and your feet stink." Just wanting someone out before jury is game play.

• Love 9
Just now, wings707 said:

Day changes minute by minute and her lies continue at the same rate.  She is just background noise to me at this point. 

I've heard Day go from 'I want Frank out. We need Tiffany' to 'We need Tiffany out. Here, let me tell Frank all this crap about her so she can be a target' several times the last two days alone. I'm not buying that this idea will stick. I don't doubt Day wants Frank out. I just don't think she'll get Frank out before Tiffany. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

"I want you out before jury" = making it personal to Frank. No, making it personal would be "I want you out before jury because you're a wretched human being and your feet stink." Just wanting someone out before jury is game play.

I would think either way would be a win-win for Frank.  Make it to the JH, and he gets the extra pay.  Get evicted pre-Jury, and he's still gotten paid (some), he's gotten revived exposure, AND he can go back home and make sure his girlfriend isn't gaining any weight in his absence.  :P

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I've heard Day go from 'I want Frank out. We need Tiffany' to 'We need Tiffany out. Here, let me tell Frank all this crap about her so she can be a target' several times the last two days alone. I'm not buying that this idea will stick. I don't doubt Day wants Frank out. I just don't think she'll get Frank out before Tiffany. 

She has no reason to want Frank out.  He considers her part of his alliance at this point and she is safe with him.  She doesn't seem to have a concept of what an alliance is for and how to use it to her advantage. Her name never comes up.  The 8 think she is with them and the others pay little attention to her.  Entertaining though! 

3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

AND he can go back home and make sure his girlfriend isn't gaining any weight in his absence.  :P

HA!

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, wings707 said:

She has no reason to want Frank out.  He considers her part of his alliance at this point and she is safe with him.  She doesn't seem to have a concept of what an alliance is for and how to use it to her advantage. Her name never comes up.  The 8 think she is with them and the others pay little attention to her.  Entertaining though! 

Frank wins comps when he needs to and has a good social game going in that house. Of course she needs him out! You don't want to keep someone like that around. Looks how the majority of his alliance (especially the guys) agree with whatever he dictates: Oh, yes, sir. We'll throw that HoH so the person you want to win will. Oh, yes, sir, we'll throw the Veto because you say we're safe.

Frank is a bigger danger to her game than anyone else in the house at the moment. My personal feelings aside (because I've made no secret about how I dislike Frank), it would be a great game move and if she can make it to final 2, a great argument for the jury.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, kellog010 said:

ETA: I'll only believe this get Frank out plan will have legs if Corey doesn't blab to Frank and the other dude bro's about everything Nicole told him.

The problem with the plan is that with everyone throwing the HOH comps, Frank's team will always win. Bc Bridgette and Michelle aren't gonna throw anything. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Frank wins comps when he needs to and has a good social game going in that house. Of course she needs him out! You don't want to keep someone like that around. Looks how the majority of his alliance (especially the guys) agree with whatever he dictates: Oh, yes, sir. We'll throw that HoH so the person you want to win will. Oh, yes, sir, we'll throw the Veto because you say we're safe.

Frank is a bigger danger to her game than anyone else in the house at the moment. My personal feelings aside, it would be a great game move and if she can make it to final 2, a great argument for the jury.

I had a very serious brain incident on that one.  I blame her.  She led me down a twisted path full of lies. 

• Love 1
(edited)

If Nicole is not sketched out by Frank after the way he's talking in the HOH room there is no hope for her.

Also, they speak Tiffany's name in that house every other word. All of them. I've been watching the feeds, I've only seen her "freak out" a few times.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think she is. I hate her, but her annoying-ness is actually cracking me up with Frank right now.

I'm scared about Corey. Although just a little bit ago he was challenging Frank somewhat so maybe he won't spill and will be on board with this "Get Frank Out" plan.

Even if they can get Frank out though he will 100% just win the Battle Back, but it'd still be hilarious.

ETA: Oh, also Frank said he wanted to kick Tiffany in the ribs. Such a lovely man. He is showing his hand so hard in this convo.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Victor's strategy for trying to stay in the house, while talking to the ladies: "I'm a bigger target than you. If you keep me around, I could potentially buy you another week. Oh, and you look pretty today. Good talk! Thanks!"

• Love 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, kellog010 said:

If Nicole is not sketched out by Frank after the way he's talking in the HOH room there is no hope for her.

Also, they speak Tiffany's name in that house every other word. All of them. I've been watching the feeds, I've only seen her "freak out" a few times.

Nicole/Cory had a confession session about Frank - talking about all the Final Fours he's made with players. She also told him that Frank talked about getting Cory out. 

She is definitely sketched out by him, but I don't think she's gunning for him like Day yet. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Victor's strategy for trying to stay in the house, while talking to the ladies: "I'm a bigger target than you. If you keep me around, I could potentially buy you another week. Oh, and you look pretty today. Good talk! Thanks!"

I mean tbh the first part of that is not a bad strategy. A lot of people try that one.

Frank is so obsessed with Tiffany lol.

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean tbh the first part of that is not a bad strategy. A lot of people try that one.

No, I agree. The first part is good. Better than saying how he's better and stronger than the rest, like he was earlier in the week. It's the second part that makes me laugh. He's said it to Natalie (though he added the caveat that he's just trying to be nice) and Zakiyah. He may have said it to Bridgette, too. I don't think any of them are falling for it.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

No, I agree. The first part is good. Better than saying how he's better and stronger than the rest, like he was earlier in the week. It's the second part that makes me laugh. He's said it to Natalie (though he added the caveat that he's just trying to be nice) and Zakiyah. He may have said it to Bridgette, too. I don't think any of them are falling for it.

I wish I would've seen that because it sounds hilarious!

But I'm watching Corey and Frank tell Nicole girls are more emotional and you can't talk sense into them. LOL.

ETA: Nicole looks so done with this convo.

There would be a sweet irony in his obsession with Tiffany essentially getting him evicted, when practically everyone else wants her out too. He's playing too hard, too fast. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I only heard the aftermath of Natalie bitching to James (over and over and over) about Victor and how she doesn't feel pretty today and Victor is so mean and she thinks she's about to get her period and Victor! So mean! 

Poor James. He has hearts in his eyes whenever he looks at Natalie and all she can do is complain about not feeling pretty today and whether her shorts fit and Victor.

ETA: NICOLE! WANTING FRANK OUT! YES!

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

There would be a sweet irony in his obsession with Tiffany essentially getting him evicted, when practically everyone else wants her out too. He's playing too hard, too fast. 

I also love the irony of the guys talking about girls playing emotionally while Frank tanks his game over his obsession with Tiffany.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wish I would've seen that because it sounds hilarious!

But I'm watching Corey and Frank tell Nicole girls are more emotional and you can't talk sense into them. LOL.

Nicole's the one who said "talk some sense into them." .... 3:26:56

4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yeah, she's over Frank. Told Day and Zak that they need to get him out. I don't see him going next week, but he is not running the house anymore - maybe just the guys.

• Love 3