Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, mooses said:

The last time she was upset she asked to sleep in bed with Victor and then cried when she realized how transparent that was. I don't have much hope for her going scorched earth either, to be honest. Her scheming seems small and petty, not vengeful wrath (unfortunately).

As for Nicole - you never know what boys could be in the House, and she'd take that over the money anyway!

I recall seeing on another site (Sucks, maybe?) that Nicole would refuse to do appearances unless she got paid x amount, whatever that amount was. And it was a high enough number for a non-top 2 HG that didn't make a huge impact in the game that made me wonder why anyone would pay to have Nicole show up at something. So she seems to like the money but you're right, she probably much prefers an attractive dick. 

Okay, no, let me clear that up: I can't see anyone paying anyone from Big Brother actual money to show up for an event because what the fuck? They were on Big Brother! Survivor I could see but Big Brother?!

• Love 1

If Zak goes before Paulie, that boyz gonna breathe a HUGE sign of relief.  It must be frustrating playing this game with her always trying to corner him for validation.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, J.D. said:

I don't believe for a second Nicole's a nurse.  Nurses Aide, maybe....nurse? No.  Every time a medical related question gets asked in that house, she says she doesn't know the answer.  Someone suggested that maybe TPTB advised her not to give "medical advise" and so that's why she pretends to be clueless.  But still, if that were true, then why wouldn't she just say, "I'm not allowed to talk about anything specifically related to my career because it could be seen as given medical advise"?  Why make yourself look stupid by repeatedly saying "I don't know" or things like "does that have to do with yogurt"?  Someone else suggested that just because someone's a nurse, that doesn't mean they know all things medical.  True, but my ex took nursing courses and ended up switching careers because the training is intense.  Heck - might as well become a doctor.  Given all you need to know, Nicole should have heard of a probiotic.  

Medical people don't know everything, especially those that specialize, there is just too much out there now.  I don't think LVN's actually work in ER's.  ER is a serious, fast placed, critical place.  LVN's do more of the basic stuff, and I'm pretty sure, from one particularly long stay in the hospital, they usually make up most of the staff once you are out of ER and surgery and ICU, supervised by RN's.   They collect the pee, change the beds, etc.

I could always tell when an RN touched me or cared for me after surgery, because I immediately felt safe and cared for by someone who knew what they were doing.  I remember opening my eyes once after an RN came to change bandages or something.  She touched me and I opened my eyes and looked into hers.  I remember I said, "you are an RN right?  I can always tell."  She smiled and said "yes, how can you tell?"  I said, "I feel safe."  After that RN's came in a lot. 

3 hours ago, J.D. said:

Zak just can't help embarrassing herself.  Poor Paulie.  He's trying to play this game and he gets stuck with psycho, stalker woman.  

She really needs a shrink to get over many, many, MANY issues.  She's so desperate to get married and have babies, and frankly, that's really not appealing to that many men when it hits them right off the bat.  There is a difference between wanting children and bringing up having kids the first week of dating. 

2 hours ago, TheRealT said:

This is why it pisses me off that they cast so many of these kinds of women. MOST of the women this year were, at minimum, very open to showmances. I would say that only Day, Tiffany, and Bridgette weren't necessarily actively seeking showmances, but Bridgette ended up kind of having a showmance anyway with her game all wrapped up in a guy. IT'S RIDICULOUS. It's like they cast men to play BB and women to be on The Bachelor. Does Z really think that she can win going to the end with all guys, presumably having a final 2 with Paulie (maybe he'd propose at the finale!)? Seriously? Paulie doesn't even like her except as a bed warmer and there's no way in hell she'd ever beat him in the finals (but I guess it wouldn't matter since they'd be getting married and having babies anyway...).

Day said she told Grodner to cast a "chocolate man" and described exactly what kind of qualities she likes, but Grodner ignored her again.

I agree that Paulie doesn't like Z.  He'll probably bang her once after the show and that's it.  They are not, in any way, compatible.

1 hour ago, J.D. said:

Plus again,  who woulda thunk Steve Moses would have won last season?  OMG... I think we all thought early on he was a goner.

I was rooting for him!  Ha.  I love my nerds.  I loved Ian much, much, much more though.

59 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I am a little surprised too at how Nicole doesn't seem knowledgeable about the nursing profession. I can't help but think back to season 16, when both Jocasta and Victoria were ill and Nicole did nothing to help. Back then, she said that she 'froze' and it's different when it's someone you know, but she seemed entirely clueless, even calling out to Derrick when Victoria wasn't well.  I don't want to assume that she and BB are lying about her being an ER nurse, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was something else.

Has Nicole ever talked about anything medical or science-related? Just out of curiosity, because I can't recall a time that she has, on either of her seasons.

So Natalie, Victor, and Corey were picked for veto. I hope Natalie wins and takes Bridgette off. Mostly because I want her to win a competition before Zakiyah. 

The other day or evening Nicole was talking quite a bit about nursing and her job.  On another board she was criticized when someone, maybe Z, asked about a sinus problem she was having, and Nicole eventually said, "You mean like in your nose?"  Another ER nurse on that board pointed out that Nicole is probably much more experienced with heart issues, and was initially thinking of sinus rhythms, heart sinus.  She was right.   More after next comment.

39 minutes ago, Pixel said:

I thought on her season Nicole was a student nurse, and now a nurse. That means she's a relatively new nurse. Cut her some slack. She might be dumb in some areas and smart in others. I'm a former cardiac ICU nurse - if you ask me about things outside my specialty I may very well not know them. ED does triage -their motto is "treat 'em and street'em". They do what amounts to a higher level of field medicine with the goal of stabilizing a patient and sending them home or to a specialty unit. There's no reason Nicole should be more than slightly familiar with the details of either probiotics or in vitro.  Even though I've been a damned excellent nurse for 9 years, I don't give a shit about in vitro and wouldn't spout facts about the likelihood of twins.

Having said that, I've known a lot of stupid, shitty nurses. She may be one of those. I'm just saying I don't think it's fair to draw that conclusion from these two things. 

I don't think she's even a shitty nurse.  She's got a specialty, ER.  As I was saying, she was talking the other day about some of her patients, and her job.  She got fish for one particularly sad/scary case involving a child and trauma injury, I can't remember the details.  During that she talked about a lot of heart attacks, car crashes, etc.  She was describing one very critical case when she was finishing up with another critical case and rushed over to help the doctor with a new case, coming in late, and the doctor had to communicate a lot of information fast to her so she would know which thing to do first, what had been done already, she called it "shorthand" because you had to work VERY fast to save someone in that shape.  Anyway, the patient was conscious and misunderstood something because of the "shorthand" which ended up being quite a funny misunderstanding.  She calmed the patient and they worked like demons to save the patient, after Nicole reassured him.

I actually think her calm, easy manner would be quite good in that kind of nursing.  She doesn't need to know what probiotics are, or even prenatal vitamins in that job.  She needs to help with triage and, as another poster said, MASH type operations, get someone to CT, help the doctor, be OK with bones sticking out of skin, blood loss, and everything from drug reactions to overdoses.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I recall seeing on another site (Sucks, maybe?) that Nicole would refuse to do appearances unless she got paid x amount, whatever that amount was. And it was a high enough number for a non-top 2 HG that didn't make a huge impact in the game that made me wonder why anyone would pay to have Nicole show up at something. So she seems to like the money but you're right, she probably much prefers an attractive dick. 

Okay, no, let me clear that up: I can't see anyone paying anyone from Big Brother actual money to show up for an event because what the fuck? They were on Big Brother! Survivor I could see but Big Brother?!

She has a real job.  Most of the BB people who appear get paid to appear, or at least for the flights to and from and the hotel room.  They use it as  party time, a way to get together with other "reality stars" for free, but some try to make a "career" out of it, like Judd, and several others.  I think James  did that too, picked up extra cash for appearing places. 

I think the ones who have "real jobs" have a harder time getting away for those little paid jaunts, and some don't want to be at those bar openings and whatever else they are, just for the free trip.

I don't really fault the ones that go, but I certainly don't fault the ones who don't.  Even the past seasons HG go to them all the time, if paid.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, J.D. said:

Then, lead by Day, the women could have an epiphany and realize THIS is the moment to take out Paulie since they may not get another chance.

Thanks for the laugh!

1 hour ago, Pixel said:

There's no reason Nicole should be more than slightly familiar with the details of either probiotics or in vitro.

I seem to know more about both those things than Nicole and I only went to a community college! I mean I feel like those two things are common, not even nurse level stuff, so I would really expect a nurse to have more passing knowledge than Nicole seems to have. I think with regards to Nicole it's not so much that she's not smart, it's that she's not passionate. Bridgette has mentioned that when she's talked to Nicole about nursing she doesn't seem to really care about her job. I've know nurses like that and they suck lol.

21 minutes ago, J.D. said:

If Zak goes before Paulie, that boyz gonna breathe a HUGE sign of relief.  It must be frustrating playing this game with her always trying to corner him for validation.

But she is literally his puppet so I don't know why he's mad. He has a woman who would likely give up her spot for him, so he can suck it up.

Veto time! Personally I hope Bridgette wins and Day gets nommed. Day vs. Paulie otb would be fun, I think. And possibly the only way there might possibly be a glimmer of hope that Paulie would go.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

She really needs a shrink to get over many, many, MANY issues.  She's so desperate to get married and have babies, and frankly, that's really not appealing to that many men when it hits them right off the bat.  There is a difference between wanting children and bringing up having kids the first week of dating. 

Z never brought up having babies with Paulie. The group was having a discussion about kids and she mentioned that her goal was to have children in 4 yrs. Paulie is the asshole who opened his mouth and said " Oh, I'll be 31 by then, that would be a good age to have kids".  Z didn't sound like or look like she  was thinking about Paulie at all when she made that comment. It seems to be just something she always planned to do and mentioned it. 

I agree that Paulie doesn't like Z.  He'll probably bang her once after the show and that's it.  They are not, in any way, compatible.

Not with Z's Mom being around because Paulie was already on her shit list before he did all these crap and Z's has said several time that she is a Mama's girl. 

Even if her Mom wasn't around I don't think she would want to have anything to do with him after she see/heard all the crap he said about her because she doesn't even know half the things he has said or done,  she told Meech that he is starting to look really ugly and unattractive to her because of his fuckboy attitude. 

Edited by SevenStars
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

Not with Z's Mom being around because Paulie was already on her sit list before he did all these crap and Z's has said several time that she is a Mama's girl. 

Oh Z's mom hate Paulie? That's good to know. I saw a tweet from her that was shit talking Natalie so I assumed she liked the Z/Paulie relationship.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

Z never brought up having babies with Paulie. The group was having a discussion about kids and she mentioned that her goal was to have children in 4 yrs. Paulie is the asshole who opened his mouth and said " Oh, I'll be 31 by then, that would be a good age to have kids".  Z didn't sound like or look like she  was thinking about Paulie at all when she made that comment. It seems to be just something she always planned to do and mentioned it. 

Not with Z's Mom being around because Paulie was already on her sit list before he did all these crap and Z's has said several time that she is a Mama's girl. 

Even if her Mom wasn't around I don't think she would want to have anything to do with him after she see/heard all the crap he said about her because doesn't even know half the things he has said or done,  she told Meech that he is starting to look really ugly and unattractive to her because of his fuckboy attitude. 

Good for Z's mom!

Paulie is completely wrong for her, an immature woman-hating dick.  This is a sexual attraction, she needs to dump the dude, and find a way to make healthy choices.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Veto time! Personally I hope Bridgette wins and Day gets nommed. Day vs. Paulie otb would be fun, I think. And possibly the only way there might possibly be a glimmer of hope that Paulie would go.

I don't want this cause there is a really good chance Day would be the one gone and I need her to stay in the game.  She's the only one Paulie feel challenge by.

But she is literally his puppet so I don't know why he's mad. He has a woman who would likely give up her spot for him, so he can suck it up.

Cause he thinks that while he is playing everyone, including her, she is playing him.  That's why every little comment she makes that sounds like she might not really want to date someone like him outside the house, he goes off like she personally insulted him. She has to go to him and tell him that she wasn't talking about him specifically. That she was just making a comment.  He doesn't trust her at all because he seems to have deep issues with women.

Now I want her to play his ass like he is a piano. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh Z's mom hate Paulie? That's good to know. I saw a tweet from her that was shit talking Natalie so I assumed she liked the Z/Paulie relationship.

Yeah, from Z's Mom tweets, she doesn't like Paulie. Unfortunately for Paulie, his mother seems to really like Z.  She tried to defend their relationships against people. But now, I think it reach a point that Paulie's action in regard to Z has forced her to stop. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

The other day or evening Nicole was talking quite a bit about nursing and her job.  On another board she was criticized when someone, maybe Z, asked about a sinus problem she was having, and Nicole eventually said, "You mean like in your nose?"  Another ER nurse on that board pointed out that Nicole is probably much more experienced with heart issues, and was initially thinking of sinus rhythms, heart sinus.  She was right.  

I hope I'm never in her ER with a serious sinus problem.  I don't want Nicole coming at me with that thing that spreads your ribs.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

I don't want this cause there is a really good chance Day would be the one gone and I need her to stay in the game.  She's the only one Paulie feel challenge by.

I really don't want Paulie to get what he wants, but I have no faith in Day's game anyway so I'm just rooting for the feeds drama and Day vs. Paulie would prvide it.

Plus Paulie volunteering to be nommed and then getting what he wants with Day nommed only to be evicted himself would rival Jeff's DE boot as greatest BB moment ever. The odds are slim it would happen, but I dare to dream!

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I hope I'm never in her ER with a serious sinus problem.  I don't want Nicole coming at me with that thing that spreads your ribs.

Don't worry, you'll find that its not a big deal, reeeeeeally, and you'll be over it...

Edited by sharkfan
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, J.D. said:

As I said, if you'd heard her talk the other night about her job, you might change your mind.  She's calm, efficient, cares, knows her stuff.  Serious sinus problems aren't usually ER cases, and even if someone comes to ER for those, the doctor is the one who will prescribe, then refer to another doctor or the primary care physician.   If it was life threatening serious, they might do surgery, but that would probably be with an on call ENT surgeon.  Again, triage and refer.

She talked about cases like flu and bad colds or fevers who come to ER as well, mostly as the "easy" cases, because no blood, no imminent death etc.  ER is for emergencies, breathing, bleeding, trauma, heart issues, the kind of thing that can kill you very fast.  The other cases are quickly treated and referred away.

5 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Only hope for Day now is Natalie winning veto and not using it. 

I don't know what is a good outcome here.  I hate that Polly and Paul are in charge.  A G A I N.

Hate it!

Natalie would be forced to use it, threatened, targeted, whatever it takes.  I don't think she could withstand the full out "house" pressure to use it. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really don't want Paulie to get what he wants, but I have no faith in Day's game anyway so I'm just rooting for the feeds drama and Day vs. Paulie would prvide it.

Plus Paulie volunteering to be nommed and then getting what he wants with Day nommed only to be evicted himself would rival Jeff's DE boot as greatest BB moment ever. The odds are slim it would happen, but I dare to dream!

I prefer for everyone to start talking to each other about Paulie and have all his shit blow-up. Have Day and Z now try to convinced the rest of the girls to vote out Paulie. I think Z would be able to convinced the girls to do that because despite everything, it seems really easy for Z to get in with the girls. I think this is also one of the things that make Paulie fearful that Z is playing him. He sees how easy it is for her to get in with people, no matter what she say or do, they still seem to like her.  He doesn't get that's just the way Z is. When she is talking to you, even if she doesn't really like you on a personally level, she is totally into you and the conversation you having. She is genuine about it, if even she doesn't like you as a person.  

Edited by SevenStars
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I don't think she's even a shitty nurse.  She's got a specialty, ER.  As I was saying, she was talking the other day about some of her patients, and her job.  She got fish for one particularly sad/scary case involving a child and trauma injury, I can't remember the details.  During that she talked about a lot of heart attacks, car crashes, etc.  She was describing one very critical case when she was finishing up with another critical case and rushed over to help the doctor with a new case, coming in late, and the doctor had to communicate a lot of information fast to her so she would know which thing to do first, what had been done already, she called it "shorthand" because you had to work VERY fast to save someone in that shape.  Anyway, the patient was conscious and misunderstood something because of the "shorthand" which ended up being quite a funny misunderstanding.  She calmed the patient and they worked like demons to save the patient, after Nicole reassured him.

I actually think her calm, easy manner would be quite good in that kind of nursing.  She doesn't need to know what probiotics are, or even prenatal vitamins in that job.  She needs to help with triage and, as another poster said, MASH type operations, get someone to CT, help the doctor, be OK with bones sticking out of skin, blood loss, and everything from drug reactions to overdoses.

I think you misunderstood my post. It was defending her I said she might be a shitty nurse, but you can't determine that from the criteria being used here to judge her. And I said all the same things about specialized areas, pretty much. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Thanks for the laugh!

I seem to know more about both those things than Nicole and I only went to a community college! I mean I feel like those two things are common, not even nurse level stuff, so I would really expect a nurse to have more passing knowledge than Nicole seems to have. I think with regards to Nicole it's not so much that she's not smart, it's that she's not passionate. Bridgette has mentioned that when she's talked to Nicole about nursing she doesn't seem to really care about her job. I've know nurses like that and they suck lol.

Or maybe she has no interest in those topics so it's doesn't pique her interest when they are discussed. As you said, that's not nurse level knowledge. It's general knowledge. So why do you expect a nurse to know it? Everyone's general knowledge, interests, and life experiences are different. 

• Love 1
(edited)

There was an interesting convo last night in the HoH room where Paul described his "babushka," his grandmother (from his mother's side), as being "f**king gangster," had been a biochemist in Russia (actually the former Soviet Union) and attended family functions wearing a full length mink coat and red rouge. Natalie revealed that her grandfather had shot and killed someone back in Venezuela but she didn't know details, she'd "heard it through the grapevine" and nobody would tell her more. Zakiyah's great grandfather had been an activist and was murdered by the Ku Klux Klan in Savannah. Not to be one-upped, Paul said he's pretty sure his great great grandfather back in Russia (when it WAS just Russia in the 1890s) must have been a mob boss because he had a tattoo. And, oh yeah, Corey's great grandmother celebrated her 102nd (or 103rd, he wasn't sure which) on Mother's Day.

The conversation then turned to breast implants and Natalie mentioned "friends" who've had it done. Paul and Corey exchanged knowing grins. Natalie wanted to change the topic. I don't get it-why won't she come clean? It might save her from humiliation later since Paul seems hell bent on calling her out about not telling the truth. 

The subject then turned to d**k implants (Zakiyah brought that up) and butt implants. Paul proclaimed himself satisfied with his endowment by saying "I love my d**k, it's great, it hooks me up with all the friendship I need." And then he proceeded to go into a quite convoluted story where these three different high school girls had given him bjs, they'd compared notes on "the dimensions" of his endowment and they all ended up running into him and his current gf at the mall. Paul said it was funny as f**k. Natalie murmured "This is just like a telenovela." 

You can't make this s**t up.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 3
(edited)

Sorry Pixel if it came off as only referring to you, I was kind of doing a "general" thing.

Bridgette, when talking to Frank about nursing one night, really bothered me more.  I WISH I could remember what she said, because I don't want to misquote her.  It was something that made me (as someone who has been a patient quite a few times, nearly died several) REALLY cringe and not respect her.  I'm also friends with several nurses and doctors in real life, one of my very best friends from college ended up being a Head Nurse in ICU for head injuries, and her husband was an MD in Critical Care.  I know many in other specialties as well. 

ANYWAY, what I think Bridgette said was she hated her job.  Something along those lines, a means to and end type thing, and maybe her "end" is her MD fiance? 

Edited by Umbelina
3 minutes ago, TimWil said:

There was an interesting convo last night in the HoH room where Paul mentioned his "babushka," his grandmother (from his mother's side) was "f**king gangster," had been a biochemist in Russia (actually the former Soviet Union) and attended family functions wearing a full length mink coat and red rouge.

Shit. Between this and the Vancouver connection he has, I think he might be some far flung branch on my family tree.

• Love 1
Just now, Umbelina said:

OMG, I just used "type thing" for real.

OMG!  I'd love to play it off as mocking Polly, but I really did just type that.

OMG.

Heh. Last season, in talking with Mr. Callaphera, I let out a very loud, twin like "NOOOOO-uh!" and then we looked at each other in horror. I know that feeling. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

ANYWAY, what I think Bridgette said was she hated her job.  Something along those lines, a means to and end type thing, and maybe her "end" is her MD fiance? 

That's surprising to hear because I've only heard her say how she's so passionate about her job and how she can't relate to Nicole because Nicole doesn't care about nursing. But Bridgette, much like Nicole, is very fake, so who knows.

TBH I don't personally like either of them, but if they could take my blood without giving me a huge bruise then I'd accept them as my nurse. 

Also ngl I have had mostly bad experiences with nurses and I have family members that are nurses and suck lol, so I'm probably biased against them in general. I mean I'm sure there are many nurses who are really great, caring, people, but I've never met any.

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Heh. Last season, in talking with Mr. Callaphera, I let out a very loud, twin like "NOOOOO-uh!" and then we looked at each other in horror. I know that feeling. 

I personally talk that way anyway so it was really hard for me last season with everyone hating on the twins for their speaking patterns lol.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

As I said, if you'd heard her talk the other night about her job, you might change your mind. 

I hear enough from Nicole to know she's not a real nurse.

• Love 1

I didn't vote for the care packages last time because I thought it was lame and I didn't want to waste my time giving it to anyone.

But I now, I plan on voting on all of them and I'm giving all of my votes to the girls who are left in the house.  I don't want any of the boys to get crap. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean I'm sure there are many nurses who are really great, caring, people, but I've never met any.

Well, you have now. Nice to meet you. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Apparently, Z's mom also had a nasty tweet about Natalie about her spreading her legs while Paulie worked out and how James notices that. I know she has a blindspot, obviously, when it comes to Z. Families should be protective of their relations on the show and all, and I can't imagine watching the show/feeds plus dealing with crazy fans. They don't sign up for the game and should never receive all the hate they inevitably get. That must be rough. But if we're talking about the tweets of Z's mom, I wouldn't be applauding her.

ETA: I would never want my loved ones on the show. But if they were, I feel like I'd have to just ignore everything to have peace of mind. Although that seems impossible.

13 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

I didn't vote for the care packages last time because I thought it was lame and I didn't want to waste my time giving it to anyone.

But I now, I plan on voting on all of them and I'm giving all of my votes to the girls who are left in the house.  I don't want any of the boys to get crap. 

I'm writing in Mr. Jenkins' name instead. Or the Giraffe. Imagine if Raffe got something instead of Michelle/Z/Nicole? And he just wore the DPOV or something? I'm into it.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2
(edited)

I love nurses, I really do.  I'm not fond of LVN's, sorry for any LVN's out there!  I've only had bad experiences with them.

Nurses have helped save my life several times.  After my first operation (cancer, I'm still OK so far) and 10 days in the hospital I fell in love with the RNs.  I won't be boring about all of the many ways, but I did.  I lost my spleen in that operation, and I was one of the unlucky ones who reacted badly to that, so I ended up in ER MANY times over the next 3 years, always life-threatening, usually overwhelming, FAST moving infections, sepsis, or OPSI.  I have a particular love/soft spot for ER doctors and nurses, love them all.  They repeatedly saved my life.

It was funny, or you know, not funny, but I was in ER so much I practically knew all of their names at one point, and I never waited, they saw me walk or be gurney'd in and ZOOM, I was saved.  I remember one male RN sitting by my side when I regained consciousness, holding my hand, and he was repeating, "come on, come on, you can do it, yay, another point higher, good girl" before I opened my eyes.  He was watching my blood pressure.  It had dropped nearly to "dead" and he was cheering ever single point rise.  When he saw I was awake he smiled and said "we got you back, just lay there it's coming up."  I looked at the machine and it was something like 80/58, but it rose a point while watching.  AB drug allergy that time.

Another time, since feeds are off, I had a bad blood draw by a phlebotomist.  I'm an easy stick, I don't care about needles, but she used my hand and hit a nerve and didn't believe me.  I was in shock from the pain, could barely speak, I caught an RN's eye across a crowded ER who knew me.  He smiled and gave me the "OK?" sign.  I shook my head no.  He did a double take and RAN across that room to me, I was able to whisper "take it out" looking at the needle in my hand, and he grabbed that thing out of me, pushing the phlebotomist away.  He stayed with me, explained the nerve thing, apologized, comforted, then asked what else he could do.  I said "make her stay away from me."  He said, already done, and he took the blood himself.  (that one was another fast moving infection but only in my hand, bitten by a feral cat I was rescuing, another spleen infection issue.)

SO, basically, I love nurses, and haven't had a single bad experience with an RN ever.  They also are more responsive than doctors in personal care physician ways.  LOVE them!

Back on topic.  I hope hope hope this is punishments/prizes and Paul gets the isolation room, and Polly gets a huge punishment, and Nicole gets $10K!

What is Z's mom's twitter???

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I love nurses, I really do.  I'm not fond of LVN's, sorry for any LVN's out there!  I've only had bad experiences with them.

Nurses have helped save my life several times.  After my first operation (cancer, I'm still OK so far) and 10 days in the hospital I fell in love with the RNs.  I won't be boring about all of the many ways, but I did.  I lost my spleen in that operation, and I was one of the unlucky ones who reacted badly to that, so I ended up in ER MANY times over the next 3 years, always life-threatening, usually overwhelming, FAST moving infections, sepsis, or OPSI.  I have a particular love/soft spot for ER doctors and nurses, love them all.  They repeatedly saved my life.

It was funny, or you know, not funny, but I was in ER so much I practically knew all of their names at one point, and I never waited, they saw me walk or be gurney'd in and ZOOM, I was saved.  I remember one male RN sitting by my side when I regained consciousness, holding my hand, and he was repeating, "come on, come on, you can do it, yay, another point higher, good girl" before I opened my eyes.  He was watching my blood pressure.  It had dropped nearly to "dead" and he was cheering ever single point rise.  When he saw I was awake he smiled and said "we got you back, just lay there it's coming up."  I looked at the machine and it was something like 80/58, but it rose a point while watching.  AB drug allergy that time.

Another time, since feeds are off, I had a bad blood draw by a phlebotomist.  I'm an easy stick, I don't care about needles, but she used my hand and hit a nerve and didn't believe me.  I was in shock from the pain, could barely speak, I caught an RN's eye across a crowded ER who knew me.  He smiled and gave me the "OK?" sign.  I shook my head no.  He did a double take and RAN across that room to me, I was able to whisper "take it out" looking at the needle in my hand, and he grabbed that thing out of me, pushing the phlebotomist away.  He stayed with me, explained the nerve thing, apologized, comforted, then asked what else he could do.  I said "make her stay away from me."  He said, already done, and he took the blood himself.

SO, basically, I love nurses, and haven't had a single bad experience with an RN ever.  They also are more responsive than doctors in personal care physician ways.  LOVE them!

Back on topic.  I hope hope hope this is punishments/prizes and Paul gets the isolation room, and Polly gets a huge punishment, and Nicole gets $10K!

What is Z's mom's twitter???

Nurses are great. And I'm sure Nicole is a good nurse. And Bridgette. And Z is probably a good teacher. I don't like speculating about people's real life jobs out of here (unless you're someone like Maggie and you say actual awful things).

Her mom's twitter is private - I just saw her tweets discussed somewhere else. I think she deleted it after that Natalie thing and the pad incident. Maybe it's back?

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1
(edited)

I wonder if Z had hooked up with a really nice guy who respected women if this would have been one of those "sweet" romance show stories?

Paulie is SUCH an asshole about women, just a complete creep, misogynist horrible dude BRO. 

How much of it is simply that Z picked the wrong guy?  Or does she usually pick the wrong guys?  If Polly had been a decent dude, I'd be rooting for them.

From another board:

Paulie didn't like that Z took a drink during "never would I ever" when it was "slept with someone from a dating app."

Paul: there's nothing wrong with that.

I can't stand Polly.  At all. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I vaguely recall Nicole saying something in her original season about having to take some kind of licensing/certification exam right after she got back from BB and being worried about having enough time to study for it. As I recall, at that time she had just graduated from nursing school and I vaguely recall that she supposedly graduated with honors or something.

This is what I recall as well.  I assumed the test was for a state license, and was surprised because in many/most states if you graduate with honors from an accredited nursing school, state certification is automatically given.

I do question her abilities a an ER nurse though.  When Paul had an infection from his nose ring a few days ago, Nicole couldn't help him, but Bridget could.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I wonder if Z had hooked up with a really nice guy who respected women if this would have been one of those "sweet" romance show stories?

Paulie is SUCH an asshole about women, just a complete creep, misogynist horrible dude BRO. 

How much of it is simply that Z picked the wrong guy?  Or does she usually pick the wrong guys?  If Polly had been a decent dude, I'd be rooting for them.

I don't know. Because her last relationship was a serious long-term one and he cheated on her for a long time before she found out. That's why she told Paulie she didn't come into the BB for any showmance/guy.  She told Paulie that she knows she is too guarded because of her past and that's why she wasn't as open with him as Nicole or Nat are with James/Corey.

So I don't know if Paulie is someone who would cheat but he might be part of her pattern.

All I know is that Paulie have an ugly view of woman. I don't know if it's because of his past with women or the athletic environment he keeps talking about. But he thinks women are fake, only want to use guys and marry rich one. That's why he had a problem with Z saying she wanted to marry a well-off guy, like she didn't have a right to have preference when it comes to who she marry. F him. 

Edited by SevenStars
  • Love 5
(edited)

I heard Nicole talking to Corey last night and she was saying that, after her and Hayden broke up, people would send her tweets with unflattering clips of him from BB16. She that watching back, she couldn't believe she ever saw anything in him. All I could think was how crazy that is - I'm sure it helped her get over him, but how bizarre!

She also seemed to really dislike how passive and nice she was. She changed the "nice" but the passive still needs work.

Edited by mooses

Next time one of you catches Paulie talking misogynistic and disrespectful about women, please take note of the time stamp.  I keep hoping to catch a glimpse of something, but all I hear is talk of game...sports...wanting Day out.....and Calafiore stuff.

Come on, Z is hardly a saint.  She comes off as someone who is very possessive and jealous - with her petty jr high school mind games who is catty towards other women - whom she sees as threats.  She is also very high maintenance and needy.

Z is a complete waste of space as far as I am concern.  I'd much rather have preferred if Tiffany or Bronte had stay.  At least they were trying to play the game.

• Love 7
(edited)
11 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Next time one of you catches Paulie talking misogynistic and disrespectful about women, please take note of the time stamp.  I keep hoping to catch a glimpse of something, but all I hear is talk of game...sports...wanting Day out.....and Calafiore stuff.

Well, it's fairly constant so just pick a time he's with the bros.

Tiff interview about BB and things we may not have seen on the feeds, life in the house, secrets, off feed drama etc. 

Edited by Umbelina
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Thanks for the laugh!

It also depends on which classes you took, though. I graduated from a very good four-year college, and none of my classes really covered probiotics. Of course, my major didn't require science courses either save one or two basics.

• Love 1
(edited)

So, Paulie takes himself down, Paul puts up Da'Vonne. He can blame it on Paul/Nicole/Corey/whoever he wants - no one can blame him for saving himself. 

Will Da'Vonne fall for it? Once she's up, she'll know she's not a pawn.

Edited by mooses
7 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Well, it's fairly constant so just pick a time he's with the bros.

He's always talking strategy in this game, sports, fitness, chess, getting Day out and stuff about his family whenever I see him with his bros.  He seems very focused on the game to me.  I've never seen him talk bad about women.  The closest I've seen him come is to talk negative about Zak playing that 'I'mma sleep with Victor' head game she tried to pull but miserably failed at.  And that was deserving so I give him a pass on that.

Just now, Umbelina said:

Day will know. 

If she REALLY knows?  All hell might break lose that will make Tiffany's secret spilling look like child's play.  I hope.

You think she'll know Paulie was in on it? 

She's going to go hard against Nicole. But if she finds out everyone knew? I want her to have the Round Trip and rampage.

James is finding out from Natalie that Paulie/Paul talked to Bridgette. Will he put together that they're building a side army? Nah.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, escape said:

Come on, Z is hardly a saint.  She comes off as someone who is very possessive and jealous - with her petty jr high school mind games who is catty towards other women - whom she sees as threats.  She is also very high maintenance and needy.

Z is a complete waste of space as far as I am concern.  I'd much rather have preferred if Tiffany or Bronte had stay.  At least they were trying to play the game.

I don't remember seeing anyone calling Z a saint, even those who like her like me, have talked about her flaws, so what's your point ?

Anyway, now Paulie's parents are trying to defend him. Saying that when he is in competition mode his not very nice to those around him because he wants to focus 24/7 on the competition and anything that is not about the competition will set him off. That  the whole BB experience is just making the Z and Paulie relationship way too intense for them to handle in mature and better way.

Honestly, they are his family, so I get why they are defending him but.....

(edited)

James and Nat realizing they may be on the outs with the "main" *Polly* group. 

Hopefully James has purchased a vowel.  Nat and James realize Bridgette has been reeled in by Paulie.

James and Nat realize they may be next.

This is worth a flashback guys!

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

FEEDS back!  Who won?

ETA

Polly won.  Of course he did.

Of course and they STILL don't see him as a threat.  Honestly, all of them should just self-evict and hand him the check. 

• Love 2