Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Paulie gives everyone the idea that he is chummy with them.  James position is still on the bottom with the bros. 

He ranks higher than Victor.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Apparently Day and James were told by Paulie that he would give them each $20K for their kids if he won.

No wonder Day is all rah rah Paulie now that she's out, if true.

Well he just bought 2 votes.  James has an investment to protect so I get his loyalty more now.   He is playing for AFP and that, I think, is  25k so a neat 45k on top of his stipend.  Not a bad gig.  

Just now, escape said:

He ranks higher than Victor.

Yes but Vic is not a bro, he is an exec.  LOL  ya gotta keep this stuff straight!  

20 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Yes but Vic is not a bro, he is an exec.  LOL  ya gotta keep this stuff straight!  

Regardless, I wouldn't count on James going any time soon.

Edited by escape
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Apparently Day and James were told by Paulie that he would give them each $20K for their kids if he won.

I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to buy votes or otherwise share winnings.  Or maybe I just always assumed that because it's not allowed on Survivor and if it was allowed here I think we'd see it every season.  

This says it's a big no-no.

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-17-vanessa-rousso-offers-allies-cash-big-brother-shuts-it-down/

It's a no no but it's common.

BB9's final two had a deal, discussed several times.  Shared money all into drug deals that landed them in jail.

Derrick paid off Cody, and probably some to Victoria.

Evel gave his daughter a new car, etc.

It's against the rules, but very hard to enforce, and no one bothers.

Edited by Umbelina
45 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I hope they don't actually believe him. What, he's just in for the "fame" of winning BB, not the cash prize? Might as well offer everyone money!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I hope they don't actually believe him. What, he's just in for the "fame" of winning BB, not the cash prize? Might as well offer everyone money!

He'd probably do it.  Derrick did it, and he tries to do everything Derrick did.

Derrick "took care of" Cody, Caleb, and Victoria.  Remember the tricked out truck he bought Caleb?

Edited by Umbelina
57 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

It was also "confirmed" last week that Day had the RT.  We all know how that turned out.

It's not inconceivable that in the end she respected Paulie for playing the game, since she herself was one of the few people playing.  And she never had the problems with him that she had with Frank.

It's sexism to assume that women are jealous and bitter, who always need an ulterior motive.

• Love 3

Paulie just said James told him that Natalie thinks there is an all guys alliance.  He said,  Now you know she didn't get that on her own!!  They think James told her.   Hysterical! 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Was that an agreement before they entered the house?  Per Joker's, Nicole and Corey were talking of splitting and got called into the DR. 

12 minutes ago, escape said:

It was also "confirmed" last week that Day had the RT.  We all know how that turned out.

It's not inconceivable that in the end she respected Paulie for playing the game, since she herself was one of the few people playing.  And she never had the problems with him that she had with Frank.

It's sexism to assume that women are jealous and bitter, who always need an ulterior motive.

Well, except they are two different things.

The RT was guessing, not confirmed, it made sense because of the Ocho poster.

The bribes have been discussed by the involved HGs on the feeds.  We also know Derrick did it, and Derrick trained Paulie.

13 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Paulie just said James told him that Natalie thinks there is an all guys alliance.  He says,  Now you know she didn't get that on her own!!  They think James told her.   Hysterical! 

Well, he DID.

14 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Well, except they are two different things.

The RT was guessing, not confirmed, it made sense because of the Ocho poster.

The bribes have been discussed by the involved HGs on the feeds.  We also know Derrick did it, and Derrick trained Paulie.

And the so-called "bribes" isn't "guessing" (speculation, hearsay)?  There is nothing factual to back any of this up. 

Edited by escape
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, escape said:

And the so-called "bribes" isn't "guessing" (speculation, hearsay)?  There is nothing factual to back any of this up. 

There is what the HG's themselves SAID.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Umbelina said:

When was that said? It's definitely against the rules to use that as strategy. If I remember correctly, Boogie/Will had an agreement before All-Stars and they can't stop you from doing what you want with the money once you win, but it's supposed to be a big no-no for within the game. But if James has an agreement with Paulie from before the season that explains why he's so pathetic. 

Paulie was also at casting calls this season and interviews of potential HGs - I think he was at Jozea's.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, escape said:

Since the OP said he bought Day's AND JAMES' vote and that's why Paulie is in BOTH of their good graces, I'm not sure how that sexist.  Or maybe I'm missing the subtext here.

In other news, this season sucks.

ETA - Will and Boogie also talked on a live show how Mike would buy Will something his winning season to pay back Will for what he'd bought him (seadoo?  rolex?  can't remember exactly).  This was the live finale, so that's pretty concrete evidence.

Edited by lyric
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, mooses said:

Paulie was also at casting calls this season and interviews of potential HGs - I think he was at Jozea's.

Did someone mention earlier that he actually interviewed one of the potential HGs or was he just there?

Regardless, it's ridiculous and just proves that this season is a total farce. It's a small comfort to know that at least he will be winning what is likely to be regarded as the worst season in BB history.

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

It's a small comfort to know that at least he will be winning what is likely to be regarded as the worst season in BB history.

BB16 sucked too but Paulie, Cody, and Derrick still think the Hit Men were the best alliance of all time. They're all so delusional so Paulie probably just won't accept that this season is hated almost universally. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Yeah, and there's a pic on Twitter of him and Cody doing dinner, movie, or some such with Robyn Kass from last year.  That just seems...somehow wrong? How would they not be biased toward someone they're friends with already?  (if not straight up gearing comps to their strengths, then at least the edits - who wants to make their friend look like a tool on the shows?)  I remember hearing something about Amanda from BB15 being pals with Grodner, which is why she got a sweetheart edit until the interwebs went insane.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

He'd probably do it.  Derrick did it, and he tries to do everything Derrick did.

Derrick "took care of" Cody, Caleb, and Victoria.  Remember the tricked out truck he bought Caleb?

Actually that was Derrick's  (estranged) dad that bought Caleb the truck...which was later taken back/returned when Caleb and the dad had some kind of falling out.

Edited by sunsheyen
5 minutes ago, lyric said:

Yeah, and there's a pic on Twitter of him and Cody doing dinner, movie, or some such with Robyn Kass from last year.  That just seems...somehow wrong? How would they not be biased toward someone they're friends with already?  (if not straight up gearing comps to their strengths, then at least the edits - who wants to make their friend look like a tool on the shows?)  I remember hearing something about Amanda from BB15 being pals with Grodner, which is why she got a sweetheart edit until the interwebs went insane.

I still think the guy is playing the best game in there - but he definitely has some advantages that others did not. And it's very confusing that James is all about him for a strange reason - I don't remember them getting very close in the beginning of the game, but they're always 100% with each other. And Nicole loves his brother and has probably met him before since he was at the BB16 Finale parties.

Reasons like these are why the All-Stars season wasn't my favorite format - they all knew each other outside the game, and they all made plans before the season. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This makes me even more glad than I already was that they have someone new casting BB19. I really hope we get a more diverse/interesting cast for that season.

Agreed. I believe it's the people that have been casting The Amazing Race & Survivor. I think they have found some interesting characters for Survivor the past few years. So I have hope! 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, lyric said:

Since the OP said he bought Day's AND JAMES' vote and that's why Paulie is in BOTH of their good graces, I'm not sure how that sexist.  Or maybe I'm missing the subtext here.

It's sexism by stereotyping Day - that the only reason she praised Paulie on her exit interview was because he apparently promised her money (none of it which has been proven).   I was making the point that it's not inconceivable that Day was sincere since she was one of the few in the house who played the game (along with him) - vs stereotyping her as a typical, bitter, jealous female with an ulterior motive.

Edited by escape
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Agreed. I believe it's the people that have been casting The Amazing Race & Survivor. I think they have found some interesting characters for Survivor the past few years. So I have hope! 

The only way BB19 could be worse than this in terms of casting is if they cloned Aaryn, Amanda, Andy, and Frankie and put them all in the house at once. 

The sad thing is, I think this cast had potential. If Paulie hadn't been coached by Derrick, I bet we would have seen a much different game. But Derrick stopped by to suck all the fun out of another season and this is what we got. 

Can I have a refund? I think I've got my receipt around here somewhere...

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The only way BB19 could be worse than this in terms of casting is if they cloned Aaryn, Amanda, Andy, and Frankie and put them all in the house at once. 

The sad thing is, I think this cast had potential. If Paulie hadn't been coached by Derrick, I bet we would have seen a much different game. But Derrick stopped by to suck all the fun out of another season and this is what we got. 

Can I have a refund? I think I've got my receipt around here somewhere...

Imagine how different it would of been if The Revolution got it's way and Paulie was voted out? 

• Love 2

I honestly don't understand how thinking the fact the Paulie promised Day money might affect her decision to vote for him to win means you think she's bitter and jealous.

5 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Imagine how different it would of been if The Revolution got it's way and Paulie was voted out? 

That would've completely changed the course of the game. And probably for the better. At the very least I doubt it would've been as boring as it is now. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, escape said:

3 hours ago, wings707 said:

Regardless, I wouldn't count on James going any time soon.

Obviously.  The girls are standing in line holding their numbers to be called on next!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, escape said:

It's sexism by stereotyping Day - that the only reason she praised Paulie on her exit interview was because he apparently promised her money (none of it which has been proven).   I was making the point that it's not inconceivable that Day was sincere since she was one of the few in the house who played the game (along with him) - vs stereotyping her as a typical, bitter, jealous female with an ulterior motive.

Fair enough.  I'm not going to infer what someone else may or may not have meant if they didn't state something explicitly, but here's my take on this.   I don't think Day is bitter or jealous, at all, and my sense is that she's not generally viewed as such, at least on this forum.  She's been acknowledged as  one of the only 'free-thinking' gamers, male or female, in the house this season, and certainly one of the most intelligent - also a common theme IMO.  I believe she likely respects Paulie for playing the game, yes, BUT I also think, if this discussion happened as it's been relayed, she is absolutely incentivized(!) to vote for Paulie to win, as is James, as would be anyone he promised a $20K kickback for their vote.  I wouldn't fault any or all of them voting for someone to put money in their own pocket.  

The problem I have is with this being allowed at all, before, during or after the season.  They lock these people down for revealing anything about the production, for what, like 3 years?  I would think following the money would be easier than tracking down the 'insider' anonymous gossip, yet we've heard more about sharing prizes than we have insider exposes', and I've seen articles where BB players will not give answers for fear of retribution.  Other shows are able to manage this, so it's ridiculous that this is allowed to happen here, and apparently, fairly openly.  

Again, maybe this sharing info is all BS, but there's been a precedence that it's happened before, so it's not too hard to believe it is now as well.

I might be missing the latent sexism on this forum, it just really seems to me like everyone is getting their fair share of shade, or even vitriol, and fully believe if James had been voted out and was praising Paulie - he'd be called out, not only for trying to line his own pockets, but also with a side helping of being too dumb to know he was being played, and only being focused on AFP anyhow.  Would that imply he was bitter and jealous too?  In any event, my beef isn't with what Day said upon leaving, but I may have one with how she (and James) will vote. 

I didn't make the original comment, but could've easily said the same thing in jest - about Day or James being disingenuous about their Paulie love - and it wouldn't have anything to do with gender.

ETA - Ha!  Or what Peach was able to say in one concise sentence.

Edited by lyric
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I honestly don't understand how thinking the fact the Paulie promised Day money might affect her decision to vote for him to win means you think she's bitter and jealous.

First off all, none of it is a fact.   The OP is hardly credible, since they also spread the rumor that Day had the RT.

People expected (stereotyped) Day to be a bitter, jealous juror - and be vindictive at Paulie for evicting her.  When she praised him for playing a good game, the excuse then became he was bribing her - which is an insult against Day.

• Love 4

Omg, THAT was the nomination speech Victor was so proud of? It didn't even make any sense! "Paulie gets all your affection?" Is Z supposed to "spread it around" or something? "Here are some beads to cherish." What?? Idiot.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, escape said:

First off all, none of it is a fact.   The OP is hardly credible, since they also spread the rumor that Day had the RT.

I didn't see anyone saying that Da'Vonne for sure had the return ticket. I did see a bunch of us (myself included) speculating that she did because all the "clues" were lining up: the Ocho Rios poster being zoomed in on, Da'Vonne having envelope #8, and the fact that Da'Vonne was clearly good for the show, if not a production favourite which you can figure out by looking at the tally of DR sessions she's had over the season. But there was no confirmation, just a lot of hoping. And in regards to that, I also posted things that said "Da'Vonne totally has the ticket" a few times. 

I don't even know who the OP is in this case because I'm tired, sick, and frankly too fucking lazy to scroll back and find out. But can we not with the calling out of posters, however stealth it's being done? (Not directed at anyone specifically, just everyone in general.) It's cool to disagree, I disagree with people here all the time, but c'mon. Let's at least be classier than the current crop of HGs.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

Omg, THAT was the nomination speech Victor was so proud of? It didn't even make any sense! "Paulie gets all your affection?" Is Z supposed to "spread it around" or something? "Here are some beads to cherish." What?? Idiot.

The way Paulie has spoken about Zakiyah, yeah, Victor probably does think she's supposed to be passing it around. Paulie comes off as her pimp, not her showmance.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mooses said:

I still think the guy is playing the best game in there - but he definitely has some advantages that others did not. And it's very confusing that James is all about him for a strange reason - I don't remember them getting very close in the beginning of the game, but they're always 100% with each other. And Nicole loves his brother and has probably met him before since he was at the BB16 Finale parties.

Reasons like these are why the All-Stars season wasn't my favorite format - they all knew each other outside the game, and they all made plans before the season. 

At least when Survivor all stars make pre-show alliances, a lot of them are useless because they are on different tribes.  I think BB is the absolute worst at allowing a majority to run the show from beginning to end.   There has to be ways to prevent this from happening.   And there needs to be incentive for them to get out of bed instead of being supine twenty hours a day.  I like the idea of a team concept but it hasn't really panned out very well.   I can't remember the details of Jordan's original series, but I remember they were split into jocks, popular, and ....... maybe intellectuals?

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

"Here's some beads. Now where's the tits?" Not gonna lie, I totally thought he was going to ask that. I mean, we all know what those beads are for.

11 minutes ago, Kendall said:

The way Paulie has spoken about Zakiyah, yeah, Victor probably does think she's supposed to be passing it around. Paulie comes off as her pimp, not her showmance.

Paulie is the fucking worst. I thought I couldn't with Paul but Paulie has quickly replaced him on the top of Callaphera's List of I Can't.

6 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

At least when Survivor all stars make pre-show alliances, a lot of them are useless because they are on different tribes.  I think BB is the absolute worst at allowing a majority to run the show from beginning to end.   There has to be ways to prevent this from happening.   And there needs to be incentive for them to get out of bed instead of being supine twenty hours a day.  I like the idea of a team concept but it hasn't really panned out very well.   I can't remember the details of Jordan's original series, but I remember they were split into jocks, popular, and ....... maybe intellectuals?

Jocks, Brains, Popular, and Offbeat, wasn't it?

• Love 7

24 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I can't remember the details of Jordan's original series, but I remember they were split into jocks, popular, and ....... maybe intellectuals?

I believe it was brains and offbeat.

I agree that they need to enforce them not sleeping all damn day. They give punishments for it in BBUK and BBCan and I think they need to start doing that here.

I still don't get how Day voting for Paulie because he offered her money = she's bitter and jealous. That's more like greedy to me, if anything.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

Yeah, I was shocked as well.  I hope that Victor gets booed on his way out and that Z gets the super safety care package next week.  From what I can tell, the house is leaning towards evicting Michelle this week (of course that could change).   Does anyone have stronger estimates on the probability that Z will make it through to next week?

• Love 3

Corey approached James and told him he doesn't think he should cancel Paulie's vote - he's worried Corey/James will get all the heat, and Paulie will get away looking great. He knows the reason Paulie wants him to cancel the vote is for his own benefit.

James is worried about Victor's reaction about vote cancelling, and mentions cancelling Nicole/Natalie's votes so only the guys can vote.

They both agree Michelle has to go, though. They plan on still acting confused on which way to go with Victor/Paul and say Paulie wants Michelle out. But they plan on getting all the guys together to hash things out.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

Yeah, I was shocked as well.  I hope that Victor gets booed on his way out and that Z gets the super safety care package next week.  From what I can tell, the house is leaning towards evicting Michelle this week (of course that could change).   Does anyone have stronger estimates on the probability that Z will make it through to next week?

All depends on what Paulie wants an hour before the live show. I know it sounds like a joke we keep tossing around but it's true. What Paulie wants is what happens. Blech.

• Love 17