Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

I believe that James really likes Natalie, but he's such a spineless, insecure loser that he is loyal to the bros over her anyway. I would be ok with him prioritizing his game over her if he weren't so stupid and spineless and dedicated to being Polly's prison bitch. It's not like James seriously thinks he could win and he's determined not to let Nat get in the way of that. He's content to make F5 or F4 or whatever sucking Polly's dick and he's willing to screw Nat to achieve that goal.

Yep. This is my problem too. He's just playing Paulie's game, not his own - so I have no respect for him or his strategy. If getting rid of Natalie helped his game to F2? Then I wouldn't like him for it, but I couldn't blame him. He's Paulie's ultimate minion. At least Paul has his own opinions and wants and even vocalizes them (even though he gets ignored). James doesn't even try to have his own agenda - his thoughts are Paulie's thoughts, his conversations are Paulie's conversations.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I heard a rumor.  Can anybody tell me if it's true.  I heard that if nobody gets the Round Trip that BB will be forced to have another Battle Back in order to even up the cast for the remaining number of episodes....or some such thing?  If that's the case, then there's still a possibility that Day could return with a jury Battle Back.

They have to have someone come back. So if no one has the RT they are going to have to do something to bring someone back. Honestly if they do two DE this seasons they still need one more sort of twist on top of the RT/Buyback. 

• Love 1

Oops: thought James revealed that about Natalie, not Corey via Nicole. 

Sorry, James!

And apparently Natalie told this to Nicole who told Corey - is she just trying to ensure that it's an all-male Final 2?

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, mooses said:

Good thing James revealed that. He basically moved Natalie above Nicole/Z on the Hit List.

Cory was who said that, to both James and Paulie, James sat silent for a long time during that and said Nat would not vote for Bridget, ever.  He was not the one who said she wants a girl to win.  I watched the entire conversation.  James did say if she has to go, she has to.  He was as non committal as he could be, of course. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Cory was who said that, to both James and Paulie, James sat silent for a long time during that and said Nat would not vote for Bridget, ever.  He was not the one who said she wants a girl to win.  I watched the entire conversation.  James did say if she has to go, she has to.  He was as non committal as he could be, of course. 

Yeah, I edited it because I realized that.

Apparently Natalie told this to Nicole (which I think I actually saw - it was earlier on in the game) who later told Corey - is she just trying to ensure that it's an all-male Final 2?

ETA: Paul is really pushing for Z to go. Good luck with that, homie.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

Z is going since James will block anyone voting for her, or so he thinks.  He wants Michele out.  Now the behind the scenes stuff will be interesting as they try to keep who they are really voting for from James to manipulate the outcome.   He will believe Paulie when he tells him he is voting Michele.  This could be interesting.   James is easily fooled.   This is if veto is not used. 

Edited by wings707

I do love the zeech friendship, but they are going to have to play this game and start looking out for themselves just in case they can't win veto. But I do like that zakiyah is making sure Michelle doesn't isolate herself from there group.

• Love 1

Ahhhhh so this is why he hangs out there.  

Big Brother Updates ‏@BB_Updates  2m2 minutes ago

James to Natalie- Everything I do is strategic even when I lay in this bed all day #BB18

• Love 1

Joker's:

Natalie to James "I am about girl empowerment but i'm not a freaking feminist"

Oh, Natalie. Nooooo, Natalie. Why, girl, why?

Welp, another one bites the dust.

• Love 11

Victor just told Michelle that no one has gone up to the HoH bedroom to talk to him.  Only Paul & Paulie (aka the Douchekins) have stopped in a couple of times to "pick his brain."  Uh...... Victor, get a clue!

• Love 1

they still need one more sort of twist on top of the RT/Buyback. 

But a buyback would require that the eliminated HGs to have been sequestered, and I haven't heard anything about that.  If they do a new twist, it'll have to be an in-house thing, like the RT.

Oh, I'm reading about such gems that Paulie has said during the night. Man, oh man, Zak's one lucky gal to be tied together with that guy.

He keeps calling her a fool as well as a flop, and he won't go into detail on the live feeds with Paul. So, I know they did stuff. Is he referring to her inability to satisfy him or something? I can only guess at what he means, and I feel bad for her. 

Paulie wants Michelle out, but Paul and Victor (maybe others) want Zak out. It's clear that Paulie wants Zak around a bit longer because he can control her, or so he thinks. I wonder if Paulie will do what Paul wants this week in getting Zak out, as Paul allowed for Day to get out over Bridgette last week (well, maybe not allow but he would have voted Day out if it came to a tie). 

Paulie thinks all tears are strategy. He genuinely thinks Michelle's sob fest after being nominated was strategy. Boy....try to read a room, will you? I stick by my sociopath comment from weeks ago with him. 

This house sucks. I want Zak to go because I don't believe her when she says that she'll make a game changing move. No, you keep running back to Paulie. Strategy or genuine feelings, you're barking up the wrong tree. So you know what I hope? I hope Paulie wins veto, he doesn't use it, Zak gets evicted, Michelle wins DE and puts up Paulie/Paul and NOMS DON'T CHANGE. If they do, put Corey up. Boom, ideal DE scenario. 

On the plus side, Natalie's probably dead last on the girl target list. The current targets stand as such: Zak, Michelle, Nicole, and Bridgette. They think Nicole's been feeding Nat with girl power. This is coming from the Boys Rule Girls Drool Club, the ones specifically targeting the girls just because they're girls. 

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

With the girls being evicted all of the care packages will useless. The only people left will be the dumb guys. This sucks!

The packages were useless from the start because the majority are awarding them to their favorite.  If you don't watch the feeds you don't understand how they can be used as strategy.  Too late now but they aren't that good anyway.

Nicole is the most likely to get #3, safety.  All that means is that they will move to the next person on the hit list.  That changes with each conversation and who is involved, but I think Victor or James may be in line before her anyway.  If Cory is in the conversation,  Nic is not mentioned.   Yesterday morning I watched Paulie talk about his ever changing  F3 or F4 depending who was there on the BY couch with him.  

#4 is co-HOH (all perks of HOH and get to nom one of the 2).  What perks?  A free bathrobe and get to sleep in HOH  bed with the winner?  Oh goodie.  Nominating one person is not a big deal.  No one will nominate Paulie.   God forbid it will show their cards and be the next out.  

#5 is the bribe.  No clue how that would work but I doubt it will make anything more interesting.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

With the girls being evicted all of the care packages will useless. The only people left will be the dumb guys. This sucks!

Nicole/Bridgette getting Super Safety doesn't worry me too much since the guys wouldn't nominate either of them anyway, and it would force Nat/James/Michelle to nominate one of the boys. The Co-HoH one could be problematic, but again, if one of the boys is HoH then it doesn't make a difference. And the Bribe is a throwaway that will be unlikely to have a real effect on the game. 

the Boys Rule Girls Drool Club, the ones specifically targeting the girls just because they're girls. 

Sadly, the boys are ruling while the girls are drooling over them.  As much as I hate this, it's accurate.  In a game of strategy, however weak, the girls are getting just what they deserve.  Not the verbal abuse, of course, but every one of them has handed their game to the guy of their choice, and deserve to be picked off one by one.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, JediDVguy said:

Nicole/Bridgette getting Super Safety doesn't worry me too much since the guys wouldn't nominate either of them anyway, and it would force Nat/James/Michelle to nominate one of the boys. The Co-HoH one could be problematic, but again, if one of the boys is HoH then it doesn't make a difference. And the Bribe is a throwaway that will be unlikely to have a real effect on the game. 

The bribe one is a little hard to figure out at this time. Who's bribing who? How? Why? With what? 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Sadly, the boys are ruling while the girls are drooling over them.  As much as I hate this, it's accurate.  In a game of strategy, however weak, the girls are getting just what they deserve.  Not the verbal abuse, of course, but every one of them has handed their game to the guy of their choice, and deserve to be picked off one by one.

My thoughts exactly......why hate on the guys for playing the game well?  Hate on the girls for yet again, blowing the BB opportunity.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

I blame casting for this. They didn't have to cast a bunch of young women looking for showmances (which they surely knew from the vetting process) with weak game skills (in terms of comps as well as strategy). They did it on purpose because they wanted "cool guys" to dominate the season. Yesterday Peepee and Vic were gloating about how the 3 of them have won 9 out of 11 comps so far. It's problematic that such a small number of people with such similar skill sets are winning everything. I don't think any of the women are super athletic or particularly good at mental comps and I don't think that's just a coincidence.

3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

The bribe one is a little hard to figure out at this time. Who's bribing who? How? Why? With what? 

As I understand it, whoever wins the bribe has $5K s/he can use to bribe another HG to do something. I assume that the idea is that they would buy someone's vote or get the HOH to nom/not nom someone, etc.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, JediDVguy said:

James would never nominate a boy unless he got the word that Victor was Paulie approved.  Nat would do as James says and unless she wins veto, Michele is going this week.  

James will throw HOH anyway and Nat stands little little chance of winning physical or mental.  

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, J.D. said:

My thoughts exactly......why hate on the guys for playing the game well?

They're playing the game well?! That's news to me. Also, I don't care if they really were playing an amazing game (they're not), I'm never going to root for sexist assholes.

I love that the guys forming an alliance solely because they have a penis and vowing to eliminate all the women simply because they have a vagina is 'good gameplay' but when the women even think about working with other women the audience is all, "Why have an alliance based solely on gender? It's so stupid." I see you 'America.'

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 21

I don't care if they really were playing an amazing game (they're not), I'm never going to root for sexist assholes.

But, weak as their strategy is, they are playing the game.  The guys and gals are playing the same strategy, based solely on physiology - "Do you have a penis? Check! I want you."   It's an incredibly weak, grade school kind of strategy, but in this house, with these girls, it's working.  As has been mentioned, the gals must have thought they were cast on the "Bachelor" because none of them are playing this game.

I agree with The Real T -

I blame casting for this. They didn't have to cast a bunch of young women looking for showmances (which they surely knew from the vetting process) with weak game skills (in terms of comps as well as strategy). They did it on purpose because they wanted "cool guys" to dominate the season.

It's casting.  To get what we're looking for, they'd need to cast real men and women instead of jocks, life-losers and  bunnies. Kids who, BTW, have the kind of lives that they can blow off several months playing a game.  

But real men and women (read that as "mature") aren't going to carve several months out of their lives for this game. They're too busy working, raising a family, etc.  Altho I didn't particularly like Derrick, IMO he's more of an average man than any other I've seen on this show.  He took the measure of the other HGs, and devised a successful strategy that netted him $500k.  None of the current crop has or, IMO, are capable of that.  YMMV - and I'd love to hear about it.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They're playing the game well?! That's news to me. Also, I don't care if they really were playing an amazing game (they're not), I'm never going to root for sexist assholes.

I love that the guys forming an alliance solely because they have a penis and vowing to eliminate all the women simply because they have a vagina is 'good gameplay' but when the women even think about working with other women the audience is all, "Why have an alliance based solely on gender? It's so stupid." I see you 'America.'

But the guys are winning.  And most of them at least came into the house playing the game.  Whereas most of the girls, it's been about cat fighting and petty jealousy with one another.

This is BB.  This is not the show for you if you expect everything to PC.

• Love 3

Not one of the men minus Paulie (and possibly Corey idk about him yet) is playing a better game than any of the women. The men are playing Paulie's game, which is exactly what Z, Michelle, and Nicole (ETA: And Bridgette. I keep forgetting she's there lol.) are doing. So how are the men playing better games than the women?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, escape said:

This is BB.  This is not the show for you if you expect everything to PC.

I expect decency from everyone and I will continue to do that, even on this shit show. Just because all the men cast are disgusting pigs doesn't mean I have to just accept it.

2 minutes ago, escape said:

But the guys are winning. 

'The guys' aren't winning, Paulie is. The men are all just his sycophants. And it's not the women's fault they happen to have vaginas so they're just shit out of luck. The men didn't do anything (minus Paulie and Victor) to be in this position.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The men didn't do anything (minus Paulie and Victor) to be in this position.

Nothing......except band together, find an alpha, and follow.  For example.......

James would never nominate a boy unless he got the word that Victor was Paulie approved.  Nat would do as James says........

If the women could have done this, they might have had a chance.  They started well with a girl's alliance, but quickly fell apart in the rush to find a shomance.  And as is typical with most women I know, once there's a guy in the picture, female friendships are definitely put on hold, unless they can bond over the guys in their lives. 

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I expect decency from everyone and I will continue to do that, even on this shit show. Just because all the men cast are disgusting pigs doesn't mean I have to just accept it.

'The guys' aren't winning, Paulie is. The men are all just his sycophants. And it's not the women's fault they happen to have vaginas so they're just shit out of luck. The men didn't do anything (minus Paulie and Victor) to be in this position.

Then don't support the show by watching it and the feeds.

• Love 5

Well, whatever Derrick told Paulie what to do seems to be working. Derrick might have to start a BB class for winners. Somehow Paulie is running the show and everyone seems to consult him on.....everything! I doubt Derrick told Paulie to berate woman like he did to Z but I think I read where Derrick said to get rid of the woman first and have a wingman aka Paul. I think as much he is annoyed with Z he knows she's into him and would be smart to keep her around. Sort of a Victoria 2.0. The big test will be if Paulie brings a Paul or Z to his Final 2. Paulie said he wouldn't lose the game like Cody did. 

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, J.D. said:

My thoughts exactly......why hate on the guys for playing the game well?  Hate on the girls for yet again, blowing the BB opportunity.  

I don't think the boys would be doing as well if the women were smart and actually playing this game.   They are playing well, I see that.  It is kind of like playing monopoly with 12 year old kids, though.    

• Love 5
1 hour ago, escape said:

Then don't support the show by watching it and the feeds.

Nah I'll just keeping calling out the sexism in the hopes that one day I won't have to.

58 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

I think Nat equates "feminist" with "man hater" because IIRC the next thing she said was "I don't hate men"

Most do, because they're naive and ignorant.

1 hour ago, Skycatcher said:

Nothing......except band together, find an alpha, and follow.  

So following someone and letting them make all your decisions for you is now good gameplay? Huh weird I've seen a lot if women do that and they usually get shit for it.

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't know where you're getting the "....solely because they have a penis and vowing to eliminate all the women simply because they have a vagina..." conclusion, but that is not why I think the guys have good game play.  But since you tagged that onto my comment, I think it's safe to assume that you're accusing me of thinking that.  So -- at the risk of explaining myself ad nauseam, let me explain.

Paulie:  He was smart to take Paul off the block in an early game move.  That earned him Paul's trust as well as negated the fact that HE'S the one who put Paul on the block in the first place.  He was also smart taking on Paul's shaved head/beard look.  Once again, it solidified Paul's loyalty to him.  It was smart of him to Svengali Zak because it solidified her loyalty.  (Not condoning it...just saying it was a move beneficial to his game).  It was smart of him to spend over an hour one-on-one with Bridgette in the safari room right after Frank's eviction when Bridgette was feeling especially lonely.  He talked minimal 'game' and mostly asked her about general topic things...family, her job, etc.  He seized an opportunity where others just ignored her.  Smart move.  It was smart of him to want Frank, Tiffany and Day out of the game because he could see how much of a threat they were to him.  It was smart of him to use Paul's HOH in which to get rid of Day....less blood on Paulie's hands.

Paul:  He was a goner from the start.  He was on the block more than once and somehow managed to deflect attention off of himself and slowly wiggle his way into the #2 top dog spot.  Both he and Paulie together claimed Victor's loyalty upon Victor re-entering the game by lying to him with all that stupid "Executive" alliance crap, and Victor's none the wiser, clueless, no idea he's being used. 

James:  He's about as interesting as a box of rocks this season, but he's managed to stay out of the drama and keep blood off of his hands, so much so that Day, upon her exit, hugged James - who voted to evict her, instead of Michelle - who voted for her to stay.  And, despite the fact that James is aligned with Natalie who was aligned with Bronte and Bridgette and with Bridgette came Frank ... despite all that estrogen, James has been able to stay out of Paulie's crosshairs.  That doesn't happen by chance.  That happens by knowing how to fly under the radar while keeping allies on your side.

Victor:  He beat out Glenn, Jozea, Bronte and Tiffany and managed to make it back into the game.  He also managed to not be evicted since his return, which anyone who's ever watched BB knows is a miracle in and of itself.  Usually, returnees are quick to be cut.  Victor is not the sharpest tool in the shed -- and yes, he is still a TOOL in the shed -- but  he's HOH this week and even though the P's are using him, he's still playing better than any of the girls who are just laying around.

Other than Day, how can ANY of the girl's "game play" compare to the guys'?  Bridgette is good at comps when she's not wounded and Meech did win a Veto as well as hanging onto the rope until she barfed.  But still, it's when they are NOT in the middle of a comp that the girls completely forget that they're playing a game.    They lay around, eat, sleep, insult one another, play with their hair and make-up and talk about how the guys have got to go....but that's all it is, --- talk.  I'm bisexual so I don't care if someone's got a penis or a vagina.  That's not what determines where my loyalty lies.  I've had lots of relationships, and yes, a few faux relationships with both 'penises and vaginas.'  I also have a daughter .... and yes, I made my daughter "the old fashioned way."  I wouldn't want anyone to treat my daughter the way Paulie treats Zakiyah.  But then again, nobody can continue to mistreat you unless you let them.  Use her once, shame on him.  Use her twice.... you get the picture.

I wish people would quit throwing gender into the equation, and simply focus on the game.  Who cares if they have a penis or a vagina?

Edited by J.D.
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Nah I'll just keeping calling out the sexism in the hopes that one day I won't have to.

Yet, continuing to support it by watching the show, the feeds. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

But real men and women (read that as "mature") aren't going to carve several months out of their lives for this game. They're too busy working, raising a family, etc.  Altho I didn't particularly like Derrick, IMO he's more of an average man than any other I've seen on this show.  YMMV - and I'd love to hear about it.

I think there are lots of "mature" people who would do the show. They've had HGs of all ages, it's just that they usually only cast one or two "mature" people at a time. This cast is particularly young; I think everyone except Glen was under 35 and most of them are under 30. I think the very young cast contributes to the lack of seriousness and focus on the game, but it goes beyond that. There are young women who would be serious about the game, would be strong competitors, and wouldn't get distracted by a showmance, but, for whatever reason, they choose not to cast young women like that. Instead, they cast young women with self-esteem issues who were looking for boyfriends. Michelle, Zakiyah, Nicole, and even Natalie were CLEARLY very open to/desirous of showmances. I think Bridgette is the only woman who wasn't single when she came into the house, but she's turned out to be pretty dickcentric anyway, which I'm sure the casting people knew. Just the fact that just about everyone in the cast was single (or claimed to be) speaks volumes to me. I'm sure they also tried to cast HGs who were each other's "type" to maximize the chances for showmances and it worked. Would Polly/Vic/Corey/Frank be attracted to strong women who had their own minds (as alliance mates or bed mates)? I think the answer is pretty clear.

20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Not one of the men minus Paulie (and possibly Corey idk about him yet) is playing a better game than any of the women. The men are playing Paulie's game, which is exactly what Z, Michelle, and Nicole (ETA: And Bridgette. I keep forgetting she's there lol.) are doing. So how are the men playing better games than the women?

Exactly. Polly is playing a good game for this house/situation, but the other guys are playing crap games (unless Paul stabs Polly in the back at the right moment). At least Zak is getting finger banged, what is James getting for sucking Polly's dick?

• Love 7

So following someone and letting them make all your decisions for you is now good gameplay?

Not good.  But in this case, as a group strategy, effective. The boys, as a group, will "win" in that they'll eliminate all the girls.  Then the game becomes whether or not the alpha can survive and win, or will the rest of the group bond and pull him down.  Geez, it's starting to sound like a wildlife special! LOL

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I wish people would quit throwing gender into the equation, and simply focus on the game.  Who cares if they have a penis or a vagina?

I agree with you in some regards, but in particular to this, I think it's because Paulie has stated many times that he wants an all boys final five (but he's realizing that may not be possible) and that only girls should be targets for the next few weeks There has been talks by Paul and Paulie that no boys should be put up because there's a chance the women will band together and get out the guys. They are even fearful of Nicole/Nat possibly wanting an all girls alliance. Some of the girls have said that they won't vote for a man if a woman is beside him in the finale. Gender is being brought into it this season. Whether or not it's just talk, it has become gameplay this season. It shouldn't matter, but it does to these houseguests, and it does to many viewers because of it. So in this particular case, I think gender is being forced into the equation, whether we want it to or not. It's not right, and I do know that the guys are playing better games, but there has been a boys vs girls mentality subtly thrown in and I think it's only right to address it in the manner that it should be. 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

At least Zak is getting finger banged, what is James getting for sucking Polly's dick?

THANK YOU! 

19 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Not good.  But in this case, as a group strategy, effective. 

This is a great way to put it. The men aren't playing well, but they are playing effectively in that they will likely make it further than the women. Paulie is playing kind of a terrible game, but he will likely win this season, so he is playing the best game.

I'm gonna really need this veto comp to be the prizes and punishments one. Except with only punishments. And Paulie, Nicole, and James need to be playing in it.

Has Paulie said who would be the replacement nom/target if Michelle wins veto?

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, TheRealT said:
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Exactly. Polly is playing a good game for this house/situation, but the other guys are playing crap games (unless Paul stabs Polly in the back at the right moment). At least Zak is getting finger banged, what is James getting for sucking Polly's dick?

LOL@ bold!  

Yes, the men, save Paulie, are playing the exact same game as the women.  The only difference is Paulie has chosen to have the men be his squad, I won't even use the word alliance here, it means people working together for mutual benefit.  

• Love 3

Earth to James:. You ain't one of the cool kids.  Get a clue you limp weanie.  

At least Polly has paid attention to the master.  Give him props for that.  He's the only one left playing the game. 

The group think of this and past few seasons scares me.  Is this is what our millenials has become?  A bunch of sheep.?   Not the same type of players in the beginning of the show.  I miss players who play their own game and think for themselves. 

And.  I truly despise Derrick.  He ruined his own season and now this one.  

• Love 12