Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

(edited)

This is OT but Becky from last season posted about BB casting for season 19 already and said it was sent to her by the casting director. I just can't really imagine them really doing a fall season, but it's odd that they're casting so early.

Edited by peachmangosteen
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

This is OT but Becky from last season posted about BB casting for season 19 already and said she was sent to her by the casting director. I just can't really imagine them really doing a fall season, but it's off they're casting so early.

People may be right that it's for CBS All Access - look how many of us cancel the account after the season ends. This way, we pay for a whole year.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Oh no doubt. The issue there is that "muscle heads" are trained through team sports to work together, so the stereotypes that they cast on the male side are stereotypes that will work together, while the stereotypes they cast for women are stereotypes that DON'T work well together.

Exactly!  I don't mind the men working together.  I just wish the women would as well.  Every year I get my hopes up and every year I'm disappointed.  What starts out promising always dissolves into a bunch of cattiness and jealousy.

ETA:  What sealed it for me this season was the time Nicole got all emotional over one of the guys saying women are too emotional.  I thought, "Oh, the irony."

Edited by J.D.
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, J.D. said:

What sealed it for me this season was the time Nicole got all emotional over one of the guys saying women are too emotional.  I thought, "Oh, the irony."

I didn't see her get emotional about that. I saw her calling it out as bullshit. But then she quickly devolved back into the lovesick idiot she was last season so!

Unfortunately our society likes to pit women against each other and then tear them down when they buy into it. It's really sad and angering.

• Love 4
(edited)

People may be right that it's for CBS All Access -

So TPTB think folks will tune in to their all access "channel" when there are new programs and new continuing episodes airing on regular programming channels? Or maybe all access means all hours, as with Netflix - you can tune a program in at any time of the day? I just can't see getting involved with BB in the Fall. Nor can I see tuning into a special channel just to catch it.  Honestly, I'm questioning whether I'll even continue to watch the finish of this season. It's just gotten so boring, and I'm caring less and less about these people. Actually, I've reached the bottom of the barrel with that - I just don't care at all.  I'm sure I can find an old L&O ep. running on some channel, somewhere.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

So TPTB think folks will tune in to their all access "channel" when there are new series and episodes airing? Or maybe all access means all hours, as with Netflix - you can tune a program in at any time of the day? I just can't see getting involved with BB in the Fall. 

Yeah, they're starting to create original content exclusively for their streaming service (the one I've heard of is a new Star Trek series), similar to Hulu and Netflix. I'm guessing it will be more like Hulu's original shows - they don't release a whole season at once. They release them once a week, like a normal show, but you have to have a Hulu account to watch it. So they could release Big Brother episodes three times a week on their streaming service - the same as how it is now, but it just wouldn't air on their actual network.

That way, people who have cable will theoretically want to subscribe to CBS All Access as well to be able to watch their streaming-only shows.

Edited by mooses
(edited)

All access doesn't work for me.  It keeps saying "disable your adblock" which I did over a year ago on their site.  I hate CBS.  I wrote to them with the problem, but they never got back to me.

Edited by Umbelina
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

I think BB had hoped the secret room had gone on longer.  Unfortunately James can't read as it said "KEEP IT TO YOURSELF"

And Then Paul went freaking psycho about it making everyone nuts.

Day just said 3:00 is the coolest part of the day.  No dumbass, it's actually the hottest. 

Paul was creepy as hell last night looking for clues. He's really just creepy and I was happy to turn it off.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

You're completely right, Umbelina. The show is just not what it used to be. They're never gonna cast people like say Nakomis anymore. Or Kent. Or hell even Allison.

They might see the necessity for more creative and diverse casting after this mess. Both casting and big secret were big fails.  Time to take a closer look at your mission statement ABC.    One token old guy (Glenn) is not a strong effort.  

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't see her get emotional about that. I saw her calling it out as bullshit. But then she quickly devolved back into the lovesick idiot she was last season so!

Unfortunately our society likes to pit women against each other and then tear them down when they buy into it. It's really sad and angering.

Please explain.  How did 'society' pit the BB women against each other?  Admittedly, I don't watch the Live Feeds as much as others.

(edited)

They are encouraging people to sign up for CBS access to take part in the deal next week thus luring them into the fall season. I have no interest in doing BB back to back.  If I see the casting looks interesting I might give it a try but it seems way too much.  Not good timing. 

15 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

All access doesn't work for me.  It keeps saying "disable your adblock" which I did over a year ago on their site.  I hate CBS.  I wrote to them with the problem, but they never got back to me.

You should have it with the feeds.  Do you have them?  You have to pay $5.99 a month for it. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I like this show for the sole fact that I have nine months to recuperate and get ready for the next one. Now, I'll only have a week or two? I don't know if I can handle a new season right after this shitshow. I can't imagine it'll be any better. I thought BB19 being in the fall was a joke. Plus, how many people would actually be able to do BB in the Sept-Dec months? I never watch the winter Big Brother, so I don't know how that worked. I'll save my houseguests comments to another thread, though, because I have thoughts on the types of people cast for the show. 

Frank was apparently asked what would happen if he and Bridgette both remained in the house on Thursday. I just can't. BB, Frank wants to go before jury or make it to final 2. There's no way he's making final 2. Just let him go, especially since he'll be targeted on Thursday if he stays, so you'd have to give him and Bridgette immunity or HOH (or both) in order to keep him around longer. Plus, it's no fun if he stays. So, just STOP. Don't do it. 

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Frank was apparently asked what would happen if he and Bridgette both remained in the house on Thursday.

HE was asked?  Or did HE ask them?  Can they really think this show will be better if they return, really?  It just means more hate, please no, we have more than we can tolerate now.  Do you have any idea how many times we mute or switch cameras to avoid it? 

Edited by wings707
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

HE was asked?  Or did HE ask them?  Can they really think this show will be better if they return, really?  It just means more hate, please no, we have more than we can tolerate now.  Do you have any idea how many times we mute or switch cameras to avoid it? 

According to Twitter, DR asked him how he would feel if both remained in the house. Frank's response was to ask them not to get his hopes up. Sure, there's a chance DR's asking in the chance that he has the round trip ticket, but....I'll have to see if they ask Bridgette. 

7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Frank was apparently asked what would happen if he and Bridgette both remained in the house on Thursday.

I will literally be lmao if Frank somehow gets saved.

25 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Please explain.  How did 'society' pit the BB women against each other?  

In general our society perpetuates the myth that women are in competition with each other.

8 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Is the fall show the celebrity show?

The US doesn't do a celeb version if BB.

• Love 2

Paul, Victor, and Nicole think there's another twist with the Departure board. I guess this secret room twist has got them paranoid. Good. I hope Paul looks like a fool as he overworks his brain with this new theory. 

• Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, wings707 said:

They are encouraging people to sign up for CBS access to take part in the deal next week thus luring them into the fall season. I have no interest in doing BB back to back.  If I see the casting looks interesting I might give it a try but it seems way too much.  Not good timing. 

You should have it with the feeds.  Do you have them?  You have to pay $5.99 a month for it. 

Nope, it still won't work.  I just get the "I see you are running adblocking whatever so disable it to watch our content."  I did.  Nothing.  Rebooted.  Nothing.  Same message.  Unless the expect me to delete it entirely from my computer which will never happen.

Edited by Umbelina
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

According to Twitter, DR asked him how he would feel if both remained in the house. Frank's response was to ask them not to get his hopes up. Sure, there's a chance DR's asking in the chance that he has the round trip ticket, but....I'll have to see if they ask Bridgette. 

Oh please no, NO.  I put my tin foil hat on earlier (it has powers) and did NOT request this.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The US doesn't do a celeb version if BB.

Good!  I saw the celeb cast over on Twitter and honestly the only person I recognize is Frankie J. Grande ....and I don't care for him.

2 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Nope, it still won't work.  I just get the "I see you are running adblocking whatever so disable it to watch our content."  I did.  Nothing.  Rebooted.  Nothing.  Same message.  Unless the expect me to delete it entirely from my computer which will never happen.

Delete it an reinstall.  

5 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Umbelina, when I got that message I just changed browsers.  I'm no computer wizard, but it's worth a try.

• Love 1
(edited)

Umbelina, how far are you from the CBS lot and do you own a firearm?  I have something I would like to request as well, that would kill 2 birds with one stone. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, J.D. said:

If he's a great big homophobe like they say he is, then he sure is playing an excellent game of convincing the viewers that he's not.

I'm fascinated by how physically intimate the men become on this show.  I'm thinking specifically of Zack and that whole group and now, this picture of Corey and Victor.  I could be mistaken about C & V and perhaps they behave like this in their real life as well, but when thinking of the men I know, there's absolutely no way they would put themselves in this position (literally, this position) with any of their friends.  In fact, the only lap I can imagine them putting their heads in (on?) besides their SO, it would be their Mamaws.

Would someone tell me what all this envelope business is about?  Depend on you guys for the feeds.....  Please & thank you!

• Love 1

Besides the Star Trek reboot CBS Access will also start shooting a spin-off from The Good Wife in October. I have a strong feeling BB19 will be for CBS Access. I wish it was a celebrity version, though.

Bridgette to Frank just now: I hate everyone. Do you? Did you hate everyone in your season?

Frank (without skipping a beat): Yes. "Hate" is a strong word. I didn't like them. I'm surprised that I like them even less this season.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Bridgette to Frank just now: I hate everyone. Do you? Did you hate everyone in your season?

Frank (without skipping a beat): Yes. "Hate" is a strong word. I didn't like them. I'm surprised that I like them even less this season.

I always try to catch myself when I start to say I "hate" these HGs. I really don't - I'd probably get along with most of them in real life. But I also wouldn't see them 24/7 and I'd only see one side of them.

Think of Nicole - loved her her first season, but Z/Michelle/Corey bring out a whole different, uglier side this season that I do not like or enjoy. 

That said, if I were stuck with anyone 24/7, I think I'd feel like I hated them after a few days, let alone a month until I got out and had a different perspective.

ETA: There are HGs that I have had particularly intense feelings of dislike that a new point of view will never fix - Frankie Grande comes to mind. Mike Boogie is another.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4

Paul keeps going on and on about how Frank has been campagining today and how dare him do that. I haven't been watching much today, but I've been following on Twitter. He hasn't been campagining at all today right? I just keep seeing him in convos with Bridgette. Or am I just missing this. 

1 hour ago, Skycatcher said:

So TPTB think folks will tune in to their all access "channel" when there are new programs and new continuing episodes airing on regular programming channels? Or maybe all access means all hours, as with Netflix - you can tune a program in at any time of the day? I just can't see getting involved with BB in the Fall. Nor can I see tuning into a special channel just to catch it.  Honestly, I'm questioning whether I'll even continue to watch the finish of this season. It's just gotten so boring, and I'm caring less and less about these people. Actually, I've reached the bottom of the barrel with that - I just don't care at all.  I'm sure I can find an old L&O ep. running on some channel, somewhere.

Well, that leaves me out. I found out how to get the feeds, despite being in Canada but the cost with exchange, the cost of another program in order to run them, and the fact that it eats up my monthly data like no tomorrow means I would have to do it the old fashioned "This content is not available in your country" way. Because just under $20 a month and watching my data like a hawk gets tiring after awhile. 

Besides, this is a summer show. I'm sure the weather is still excellent in California in the fall but it's my summer addiction. I have too many other things to do and watch in the fall. 

Boo to you, Big Brother. It is possible to have too much of a good thing.

• Love 2

In the hammock Bridgette revealed to Frank that her aunt works for LucasFilms and she got a tour of "some Star Wars stuff." Cutesy banter ensued with Bridgette admitting she'd only watched bits and pieces of the films. Frank started to tell her the Star Wars saga with "Once upon a time there was a little boy named Luke Skywalker..." and of course we got the fish.

I'm seeing a lot of off-topic discussion regarding CBS All Access and the possibility of BB19 airing during the fall. Please find a thread in which this discussion is appropriate and post your thoughts there. This thread is strictly for live feed discussion. Thanks!

• Love 2
On 7/25/2016 at 9:10 AM, urusai said:

And Z. decides it's a good idea to slip her panties on, put in a pad and proceed to eat grapes and chips with her same hand.  The others acted like it was an everyday thing.   So gross.

Wow!  Really surprised this is all I've read here regarding Puss-gate.  Mouth agape, I saw the video of her doing it in front of James, Paul, Nicole and Michelle in the fucking food room!  As women, Nicole and Michelle should have been grossed out. 

Trifling pig would have never done that in front of Paulie.

I have been listening in the background most of the day as I did other things.  Nicole did Cory and Victor's hair and the small talk and banter between them was upbeat, fun and easy listening.  Cory is definitely into Nicole, a lot.  I have come to like Victor very much.  He is smart and very pleasant.  He is emerging as my favorite. 

One mar on the day was Paul.  Nicole and Cory were on the balcony couch having a nice and flirtatious talk and Paul joined them. Nicole had a few game questions.  Is everyone still voting Frank out was one.  Paul said yes in a the longest, rambling way possible reminiscent of a bantam rooster strutting about .  A simple yes would have worked.  Then Frank calls up to them from the kitchen with something totally benign and friendly.  Paul says, what a dick. He rambled a bit more then left.

The other women and James were absent.  So nice not to hear the constant hate talk!  

(edited)

I am weirdly enjoying this Paul/Victor tattoo talk. Victor sitting there talking about tattoos with his hair in pigtails is quite the image.

ETA: Corey's hair looks horrible, but it's still a huge upgrade from that dumb faux mohawk he used to sport.

BTW earlier today Nicole told Paul that she's sure that America loves him so odds are Paul will just get more and more annoying now as he buys into that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Paul just said he thinks Victor's not the way he was before and that he could literally have gone crazy from his extended sequester. Paul better be careful with that mental health labelling s**t.

ETA Frank and Paul just sang a bit of "I Feel Pretty." It was cute. Shame Not Gay Corey wasn't there to bob his head in time with the music.

ETA Bridgette and Frank were fooling around, giving each other playful karate chops. They left the room and Paul fell back on a bed with Paulie, pantomiming shooting a bullet in his head. He said to Paulie "You can feel the sexual tension a mile off. Dude should just bone her and get it over with." Talk about obnoxious. That big mouth of Paul's is going to get him in trouble someday.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Bridgette will put up two of these three, and no one else.

Nicole, Corey, Michelle

James called others before the "keep it to yourself" flashed on the screen.  Still stupid of him though.

They really meed to do a crossover with Person of Interest.  Samaritan could tell Frank to take a Gas-X and stop farting to get a special, tell Paulie if he uses the working fucking one more time Martine will be sent into snap his neck, setup Corey and Victor on a blind date in the Paris room (changing the code on the phone so they can be alone) and tell Michelle James is really a North Korean agent out to get her and they'll be extracted when they both get to sequester so she'd better not vote him out.

1 hour ago, TimWil said:

ETA Frank and Paul just sang a bit of "I Feel Pretty." It was cute. Shame Not Gay Corey wasn't there to bob his head in time with the music.

And twirl.  And sway.   You really have to sway to that song.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Wow!  Really surprised this is all I've read here regarding Puss-gate.  Mouth agape, I saw the video of her doing it in front of James, Paul, Nicole and Michelle in the fucking food room!  As women, Nicole and Michelle should have been grossed out. 

Trifling pig would have never done that in front of Paulie.

Where might I find this Puss-Gate video?

Have any of the couples kissed?  I see lots of snuggling but no making out.  What gives?

6 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

Flashback to Mon 5:12am cam 4.

The time has stuck with me for some reason. Probably because the images have really traumatized me. LOL  

• Love 2

So can everyone promise me that if on Thursday the twist that America gets is to nominate 2 Houseguests for evicition we can all agree to vote to put Paul up right? He's the worst. 

• Love 4
(edited)
44 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

So can everyone promise me that if on Thursday the twist that America gets is to nominate 2 Houseguests for evicition we can all agree to vote to put Paul up right? He's the worst. 

Ha! If Julie asked just me, Paul/Paulie would be up. Although I appreciate that they're gaming, as opposed to players like Z. And I'd want to put up Nicole as a message for her to woman up and stop whining about Corey. Are you sure we can just choose two?!

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 12.17.36 AM.png

I mean, I usually try to ignore those super-scripted, boiled down introductions, but I'm pretty sure Michelle's was just her saying she hates fat people. 

And Da'Vonne has been working extra hard planting seeds against Nicole. I think it's a little two early - let this week play out, and see where the power lies next week. But Nicole has been so vocal about wanting Frank out and she's so nervous about what he says to other HGs, I can't believe that others (besides Da'Vonne) can't see she's just scared that he's going to blow her up. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4

Yeah, I think our impact will probably be as Roadkill nominators or something.

Even if we don't get Paul out, it would be lovely to see his face when he found out America wanted him gone.

I cannot stand him.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, wings707 said:

Oh please no, NO.  I put my tin foil hat on earlier (it has powers) and did NOT request this.  

That would be an OVERWHELMING NO. ( god I loved that moment)

Edited by brdwygurl
  • Love 7

I tuned in when BBAD started tonight.

Bridget to Frank, while both swinging in hammock, (baby voice) "I think I have the most beautiful knees".

Followed by Paul's booming, "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I can't.

Hello sir, I'm your nurse, Bridgette.  I will be putting this catheter in your peepee, followed by this suppository in your tushy.  How is your tum-tum feeling?  Now let me take a look at your booboo, is it still owie?   You will be discharged when you're able to go potty and poopoo on your own, and you tolerate this yucky medicine.  Okey dokee pokee.  *giggles while skipping away*

• Love 10
4 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Have any of the couples kissed?  I see lots of snuggling but no making out.  What gives?

Eww.... I missed that the first time around.

2 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

He sure can be annoying, but I would still go with people who aren't at least trying to play the game: Nicole and Zak.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Hello sir, I'm your nurse, Bridgette.  I will be putting this catheter in your peepee, followed by this suppository in your tushy.  How is your tum-tum feeling?  Now let me take a look at your booboo, is it still owie?   You will be discharged when you're able to go potty and poopoo on your own, and you tolerate this yucky medicine.  Okey dokee pokee.  *giggles while skipping away*

Are you sure that isn't Nicole?

• Love 3
(edited)

Paul/Paulie and Da'Vonne came up with a plan to split up Bridgette and Frank...or something? I think to gain Bridgette's trust after Frank leaves? Paul is telling Bridgette Frank is telling the HGs she wants to go home, so the vote is flipping.

And Paulie is telling Frank something, but I don't listen to Paulie feeds (sorry, guys!).

It seems like Bridgette is falling for it - Paul is a really good BSer - but I assume she'll just talk to Frank about it later, so I'm confused.

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 3.28.16 AM.png

Ha! Oh, Paul. Her HOH attitude was ridiculous, but this is the pot calling the kettle black.

Also, Paul's new thing is that he threw the Veto when Bronte was up, so he's kind of the winner. And he managed to bring up him figuring out the code to Paris. Again.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1