Type keyword(s) to search

Housewifely Media: Clips, Previews, Reviews and Articles

The show probably could have weathered one of the effects of COVID adjusted shooting, changing actors of a principal character, adjusted stories required due to child graduation, or the backstage accusations and resulting changes in executives and cast-members. 

However, all of that hitting the show together likely tanked what was a perpetual bubble show. The season felt pretty uninspired. I thought Giselle did a good job taking over, and by the end of the run they were finally starting to find some chemistry with the new friends, but the writing just never seemed to be on point.

It will be interesting to see what Mixon goes onto next. This was obviously her most complete character given it was a staring role, but it had started to become old hat. I'd like to see her do some more drama.

• Love 2

Out of all the shows that are ending I will probably miss this one the most. It may not have reinvented the wheel or set the world on fire but it was an easy watch and I really enjoyed the cast. 

• Love 6
On 5/17/2021 at 5:53 PM, Traveller519 said:

The show probably could have weathered one of the effects of COVID adjusted shooting, changing actors of a principal character, adjusted stories required due to child graduation, or the backstage accusations and resulting changes in executives and cast-members. 

However, all of that hitting the show together likely tanked what was a perpetual bubble show. The season felt pretty uninspired. I thought Giselle did a good job taking over, and by the end of the run they were finally starting to find some chemistry with the new friends, but the writing just never seemed to be on point.

I agree with this.  It's like an almost perfect storm took the show out.  One of those things and it might have survived, but all of them together were too much.  I find it interesting that no one mentioned the ratings.  Since its cancelation I have read numerous comments in other places from people complaining that other shows were renewed with lower ratings than this one.  But I think we all know it really wasn't the ratings that got it canceled.  Too bad....

• Love 2
On 5/29/2021 at 11:20 AM, Yeah No said:

I agree with this.  It's like an almost perfect storm took the show out.  One of those things and it might have survived, but all of them together were too much.  I find it interesting that no one mentioned the ratings.  Since its cancelation I have read numerous comments in other places from people complaining that other shows were renewed with lower ratings than this one.  But I think we all know it really wasn't the ratings that got it canceled.  Too bad....

Production costs are often the deciding factor in renewal/cancel decisions. All of the principal players are veteran actors, including the kids, and their combined salaries may have tipped the scales against renewal along with the other considerations others have described. A "perfect storm" indeed. Sad. I miss them all so much.

• Love 2
On 5/29/2021 at 2:20 PM, Yeah No said:

I was probably one of those people, I just didn’t come on here to mention it. AH rated higher than Home Economics. It was the third highest ABC sitcom and rated higher than the network average. But that wasn’t enough, so that tells you it wasn’t the ratings. Heck, even the Unicorn rated higher than Home Economics. To make matters worse they put Home Economics in Call Your Mother’s old time slot where it will probably fail. If they are going to bring that show back they have to put it in a better time slot than that.

• Love 2

Wow

I am really out of touch. I just now found out that it was canceled and won't be back this fall. I'm so sad. I really liked this show. I've just about given up on network shows. It seems everything I like gets canceled prematurely. Single Parents, Schooled, American Housewife. Last Man Standing got canceled from ABC and when it showed up on another network, my favorite character, Mandy, had been recast and it wasn't even a shadow of it's former self. 

Edited by Aryanna
  • Love 2
On 5/14/2021 at 6:21 PM, PumpkinLumpkin said:

I never hear any news anymore I did not see this till just now. How can they decide to not ever sure that they film the whole season of already? This is so disappointing. One of my favorite shows besides mixed/ish and superstore plus a couple more that have gotten the Ax in the last couple years

On 9/1/2021 at 7:16 AM, Aryanna said:

Wow

I am really out of touch. I just now found out that it was canceled and won't be back this fall. I'm so sad. I really liked this show. I've just about given up on network shows. It seems everything I like gets canceled prematurely. Single Parents, Schooled, American Housewife. Last Man Standing got canceled from ABC and when it showed up on another network, my favorite character, Mandy, had been recast and it wasn't even a shadow of it's former self. 

Good to see tho that many of the actors from American Housewife has already found other gigs, including Katy Mixon will be part of this Limited Series called The Thing About Pam https://deadline.com/2021/08/the-thing-about-pam-judy-greer-katy-mixon-nbc-limited-series-1234824154/

• Love 2
On 9/29/2021 at 6:33 PM, floridamom said:

Oh, what???? Cancelled? I was starting to enjoy this show.. there really is nothing good on network tv anymore.  

Agreed! Looks like they’re moving away from sitcom‘s. Which is horrifying in my opinion. Oh I know I need to laugh and not at idiotic bathroom humor programs. The wonder years stinks. Bob ❤️Abishola  is OK. The Goldbergs is long past its prime. The Conners I like because it just feels so nostalgic. Too many good shows are gone

• Love 3
14 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Agreed! Looks like they’re moving away from sitcom‘s. Which is horrifying in my opinion. Oh I know I need to laugh and not at idiotic bathroom humor programs. The wonder years stinks. Bob ❤️Abishola  is OK. The Goldbergs is long past its prime. The Conners I like because it just feels so nostalgic. Too many good shows are gone

The present generation of suits doesn't know what it's doing anymore.  People still want to watch sitcoms but they are canceling shows for any reason BUT what people want.  And in the long run that can't be good for them what with all the streaming competition anymore.  Most of the time the shows they cancel have higher ratings than the shows they keep.  So it makes sense only to their bottom line or other factors that mean something to THEM but not US.

It's ironic that some of the most highly rated shows if you watch those ratings boards are reruns of the sitcoms from recent years past.  You'd think they'd get a clue.  I'm still not over losing this show and several other comedies/sitcoms that have been canceled or ended naturally in the past year or so.  The list is getting longer and longer and there's not much similar to replace them.  I agree with you about The Connors and  Bob ❤️Abishola.  And of course "Young Sheldon" is a gem.  But everything else new either doesn't interest me or stinks.  I had high hopes for "Call Me Kat" but it was disappointing - I'm still hoping it will find itself and improve in its second season.  I've been wondering if the catch-all reason of Covid doesn't have something to do with the dearth of new comedies. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

This show was cancelled 6 months ago, and as far as I can tell, still no comment from Katy Mixon.

Weird.

Well she does not have social media and she has not given any interviews, I´m sure when she does give an interview at some point she will talk about it.

Right now she is filming "The thing about Pam" where she is portraying Betsy Faria.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, AHandMarvelfan said:

Well she does not have social media and she has not given any interviews, I´m sure when she does give an interview at some point she will talk about it.

Maybe, but she was the star of the show. At the very least, she could've had her publicist issue some kind of statement. 

Not that it matters, at this point. It just seems odd to me.