Type keyword(s) to search

Housewifely Media: Clips, Previews, Reviews and Articles

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

Does that mean it was renewed?

Outside an official announcement, the cast have pretty much said they are back next year, same with The Conners and Single Parents. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I was so happy that ABC moved this show to Wednesday night. It should never had been sent to Friday night in the first place. Looking forward to next season. 

Oh I know, I don't get that move at all. So happy ratings stayed good and Wednesdays have shown their were more viewers. I just don't get ABC these days. They want to ruin their popular shows by shoving them to times that don't work. The shows they DO want cancel they throw to that time slot and realized it doesn't automatically kill them. They have shows working on Friday and Sundays and yet try to move them around "to see if the audience will follow". Just stop!

• Love 4

I think all these schedules are wishful thinking. It's highly questionable whether any shows will be able to shoot in time to start airing this fall. COVID cases are rising in CA, and many other places. I don't see how they go back to work until this situation is more under control, and I don't see how it will get under control until there's a major breakthrough in medicine or some major effort like what they did in New Zealand, where they tested massive numbers of people and managed to quarantine EVERYONE who was a carrier, to stop it from continuing to spread.

But it's nice to have some idea of at least what the networks want to do, whether or not it's likely to happen.

• Love 4
On 6/19/2020 at 10:03 AM, possibilities said:

I think all these schedules are wishful thinking. It's highly questionable whether any shows will be able to shoot in time to start airing this fall. COVID cases are rising in CA, and many other places. I don't see how they go back to work until this situation is more under control, and I don't see how it will get under control until there's a major breakthrough in medicine or some major effort like what they did in New Zealand, where they tested massive numbers of people and managed to quarantine EVERYONE who was a carrier, to stop it from continuing to spread.

But it's nice to have some idea of at least what the networks want to do, whether or not it's likely to happen.

It seems like people are planning on simply going back to their normal lives and pretend the virus is not an issue anymore. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Harvey said:

It seems like people are planning on simply going back to their normal lives and pretend the virus is not an issue anymore. 

I kind of doubt that they would do that, but I wonder if the casts and crews of some of these shows might voluntarily quarantine themselves so that they can go on filming with some restrictions.  It's just a thought I had - very questionable as to whether it would be feasible, though.

1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I kind of doubt that they would do that, but I wonder if the casts and crews of some of these shows might voluntarily quarantine themselves so that they can go on filming with some restrictions.  It's just a thought I had - very questionable as to whether it would be feasible, though.

Yeah, I can see some filming not being a problem, especially given current guidelines. There are pieces that I don't think the show can move on from such as: Taylor and Trip's graduation, Second Breakfast at the local cafe, Greg doing completely online learning through the university. Even Mr. "Social Media Star" would make sense. 

On 9/11/2020 at 10:15 PM, PumpkinLumpkin said:

Julia Butters who portrays youngest daughter Anna Kat is Leaving American Housewife to Pursue Other Oppurtunities. She will be replaced by Life in Pieces child actress Giselle Eisenberg.

Damn. Not happy about this. Of the three Otto kids, I thought she was best actor.

Thanks for nothing, Quentin Tarantino. I guess.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Kip Hackman said:

Damn. Not happy about this. Of the three Otto kids, I thought she was best actor.

I agree, I really liked her in the role. I don't know the other actress, but hopefully she gels with the cast. I love the whole family (Greg!) and think they fit together really well. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I agree, I really liked her in the role. I don't know the other actress, but hopefully she gels with the cast. I love the whole family (Greg!) and think they fit together really well. 

Having a casting change like that is going to be a problem. It's one thing when it's like been an episode or two, but after three years. Let's hope she can do well and we are going to always look at her as: "NuAnna-Kat".

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

My first thought was, the kid from Life in Pieces is so much older! But IMDb tells me it’s only a year difference, so I guess workable. After seeing the actor in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, I can actually believe the “pursue other opportunities” line. 

I think the actresses have very similar mannerisms and that it will work very well. I remember when Roseanne recast Becky-- now those two actresses looked and acted totally different! The Fosters also recast one of the ensemble well into the series. It's weird to think about, but it can work out fine. Long-running shows, especially with children, I think need to have some flexibility.

• Love 5

I can't wait for this to come back. This show, and The Neighborhood (way better than the first episodes showed) just make me happy. And some cheer will be needed as we get through this sad and difficult winter.

• Love 3

Carly Hughes who portrays Angela has left the show due to claims of toxic work environment and discrimination

https://deadline.com/2020/11/american-housewife-carly-hughes-exits-abc-comedy-toxic-environment-investigation-positive-changes-1234610754/

Holly Robinson Peete Joins ABC’s ‘American Housewife’ For Season 5 in Recurring Role

https://deadline.com/2020/11/holly-robinson-peete-american-housewife-recurring-role-1234610561/#comments

• Useful 4
6 hours ago, PumpkinLumpkin said:

Carly Hughes who portrays Angela has left the show due to claims of toxic work environment and discrimination

https://deadline.com/2020/11/american-housewife-carly-hughes-exits-abc-comedy-toxic-environment-investigation-positive-changes-1234610754/

Holly Robinson Peete Joins ABC’s ‘American Housewife’ For Season 5 in Recurring Role

https://deadline.com/2020/11/holly-robinson-peete-american-housewife-recurring-role-1234610561/#comments

It sounds like she had a strong case based on the changes behind the scenes at the show. I'm curious to know the details and wonder if any of the cast members were a part of the hostile environment or if it was producers.

I'm glad to read that Holly Robinson-Peete's character is going to be someone new and not just "Angela" with a new face or whatever. I realize that wasn't an option for the Anna Kat character, but I wasn't sure if the show was just going to take the lazy way out.

• Love 5

Wow, that's pretty bad when the creator of the show and the line producer are let go....

Very bad news considering it comes on the heels of Julia Butters' departure.  I hope the show can survive this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Wow, that's pretty bad when the creator of the show and the line producer are let go....

Very bad news considering it comes on the heels of Julia Butters' departure.  I hope the show can survive this.

I agree and then you add in casting changes, this either goes well or very bad. Well, having Cooper on the show and moving him to getting what it is like to be "regular" is a good step. However, they have to keep from it falling into: "I have special needs and being rich didn't help me." They NEED to dump Lonnie. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I hope the show can survive this.

Eh.  They'll be fine.  Its not like Mixon or Bader left.  I always felt the scenes of Angela and Doris were kind of shoe-horned in anyway.  Of the two, Doris is definitely funnier.  Obviously, you hate to hear of anyone feeling that they were harassed to the point where they needed to leave.  But the show will survive (survive being a subjective term as I realize its been on the renewal bubble most of its existence). 

• Love 2

Well, we all know what Sarah Dunn is like, so there is no need to be surprised. She was able to create the Katie Otto character so perfectly because she lives and breathes many of the characteristics of Katy in her real life.

Still, this is one of the best shows on Tv right now. I desperately hope the quality will not collapse under the new management.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Watching some of the earlier episodes recently, Julia Butters was a real loss, she was genuinely talented. A precocious kid THAT quirky is not easy to pull off without being obnoxious, but she did it. Obviously too soon to reach a verdict on the replacement, but it seems unlikely they'll get that lucky twice with child actors in that role.

• Love 2
On 11/10/2020 at 10:51 AM, ljenkins782 said:

Watching some of the earlier episodes recently, Julia Butters was a real loss, she was genuinely talented. A precocious kid THAT quirky is not easy to pull off without being obnoxious, but she did it. Obviously too soon to reach a verdict on the replacement, but it seems unlikely they'll get that lucky twice with child actors in that role.

Yeah. I hope I don't start thinking of her like the new Darrin who never really fit the part to me.🙂

Edited by Eataton
  • Love 1

Meg Donnelly and Giselle Eisenberg recently posted that AH has wrapped for the season.

So I wonder how many total episodes we're looking at. 13? 15?

And where does "Graduation" fit into the count?  I've seen it listed as the first episode of S5, and the 21st episode of S4. 

• Love 1
On 2/20/2021 at 11:12 AM, Kip Hackman said:

Meg Donnelly and Giselle Eisenberg recently posted that AH has wrapped for the season.

So I wonder how many total episodes we're looking at. 13? 15?

And where does "Graduation" fit into the count?  I've seen it listed as the first episode of S5, and the 21st episode of S4. 

It looks like March 31 is the season finale according to SpoilerTV and the Futon Critic, and the former is saying 13 episodes and the latter is saying 12

39 minutes ago, DanaK said:

It looks like March 31 is the season finale according to SpoilerTV and the Futon Critic, and the former is saying 13 episodes and the latter is saying 12

The way it sounds is that "Graduation" is pretty much a flashback using unused footage along with their current storylines to just explain how Taylor went from lying about she got into school for her parents to how she ended up at Greg's college. Because COVID happened and they never finished the episodes. 

Jessica Walter died. 😞 She's was just in the episode "Getting Frank with the Ottos" as Katy's step-grandmother. Better known for Arrested Development, of course, she has 161 IMDb credits going back to 1960. Godspeed.

• Useful 1

Not surprised, but I will miss this silly little show. Didn't discuss it too deeply here, because it was never that kind of show for me. Just a fun way to waste 30 minutes.

Geez, with AH, Superstore, and Brooklyn 99 getting the ax, I'm running out of network sitcoms. 😕

Take care, everyone!

• Love 8

Sad at it being the end, but yeah, it was starting to run out of runway and it was time. I can’t help but feel the writers sensed it with  that finale that had so many things happen at the end

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

Not surprised, but I will miss this silly little show. Didn't discuss it too deeply here, because it was never that kind of show for me. Just a fun way to waste 30 minutes.

Geez, with AH, Superstore, and Brooklyn 99 getting the ax, I'm running out of network sitcoms. 😕

Take care, everyone!

Agreed. It was fun. I want comedies!!!

• Love 2

With all its faults I still loved this quirky little show and will miss it very much.  Too bad they didn't let it have a decent finale but how do you come back from the crazy place they left off last season?  I will miss the only show set near where I live since "I Love Lucy" had several episodes set in Westport a million years ago.

• Love 8

I'm disappointed! It had a good run, and was a nice feel good show with a solid cast. I wish they hadn't ended on that kind of cliffhanger, but at least everyone was in a good place.

Greg, FTW, always.

• Love 5

I think they had many missed opportunities this last season. Child actors growing up during a long run is always a challenge to writers and directors, and that point was fast approaching. But many good memories. A good run. Hugs and well-wishes to all the cast. May they all land on their feet. ❤

• Love 3

I too will miss the show - I feel a little guilty since this year especially it has felt as if my getting enthusiastic about a show seems to doom it.  But I wish the cast well and will look for them in other projects.  I will continue to enjoy the episodes they made and wonder a bit what happened to the characters in the future.  Hope to see all you posters on other boards soon!

• Love 6