Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Grand Finale

• Start Topic

Naomi's dress in that video is the worst example of what I can't stand about her--no boobs. It's one thing to be a skinny queen and not give yourself giant tits, but you at least have to stuff for an A cup. The flat as a board look ruins the illusion for me in everything she wears.

• Love 1

Interesting that Bob was the only one that actually danced during her lip sync. I think she's the most well-balanced queen of the three, and her painting will coalesce with time. I almost wish Chi Chi had made it somehow because she no doubt would have pulled out all the stops on her final lip sync. For some reason I thought Naomi could dance?

Kim Chi gave glorious looks, but damn did Violet Chachki not shit on absolutely everybody. Like, damn girl. I love that Raja was like "f these bitches" and wore her favorite Madonna look after ripping everyone to pieces on Fashion Photo Review. 

• Love 3

Raja coming out in Madonna drag had me rolling!  What did not was Sharon's face, gurrrrrl…no. I legit thought she was Raven (& wondered why the fuck she was on stage) for about five minutes.

Violet looked amazing!  Now that's a showstopper look and almost worth her win last season.

I knew Bob would win and was thrilled she did, but my heart hurt a little when Kim Chi didn't win.  I guess I was more invested in her than I thought.  But I knew Kim Chi wasn't winning as soon as she said her mom still doesn't know she's a drag queen.

Purse first!

• Love 2

I haven't seen the finale because I can't find video links (curse you, Logo!), but all this Violet love is making me happy. I think she was such an underrated queen last year. Her looks were always skillful, and she clearly had love and respect for fashion. Also, she's a solid performer in her own style, but she never had a great chance to demonstrate that last season because of all the campy comedy challenges.

I'm glad Bob won. Kim Chi's an amazing makeup artist, but she has so much work to do to elevate her performances. I truly believe the raw materials are there--she's very charismatic and graceful in her upper body--but she's got to put in the work to get some ability to move.

• Love 4

I couldn't decide if Kim Chi's huge dresses during the finale were a smart way to mask her less than stellar walking or if they just drew more attention to that fact. I loved Kim Chi this season. She has amazing makeup skills, her outfits are always over the top, she is funny, and she is also very sweet and gracious. And since Ru and viewers often want the growth arc, I think that her walking did improve over the season. Her walk is still not ready for Fashion Week, but I could really see a difference between the first episode and the last few weeks of the season. When Ru asked if Kim Chi's mom had since found out about her being a drag queen, for a second I was really afraid that they were going to surprise her with her mom walking out onto the stage. I watched way too much Jerry Springer as a kid.

• Love 3

2.  Still can't stand Tyra.  Did she get plastic surgery?  Something about her face looked very different.  I assume that she's gotten veneers like all the other formerly-snaggle toothed queens, but her face just looked off.

I'm thinking forehead Botox too.  I thought Nicole Kidman with a dark wig and bronzer was standing on the stage.

I wish the 3 finalists had done an actual lipsinc to a popular song and not just a pre-choreographed skit to a song written for them. I was soooo disspointed in my fav Naomi.  First, did she get lip collagen?  Her look and her performance I was very displeased with.  During KimChi's performance she was so stiff and immobile I thought that her dress was some sort of edifice that she was going to push away and walk away from.

Best comment of the night:  Bob's brother saying Bob cried all through the brother's birthday party because it wasn't about Bob..

• Love 5

Some things that didnt make it to air:

• ChiChi presenting Ru with a turkey neck
  • Way too much TMI about Derrick and her thruple relationship
  • Trixie coming at Acid Betty about Untucked. They went back and forth for a good 5 minutes
  • Cynthia also gave love to laila for helping her through her cancer treatments
  • They had to do a redo on the purse presentaion to Ru since Ru did not like the way the segment flowed. There were several reshoots of lines right after Bobs interview
  • The only queen that Ru hugged after the interview was Kim. The whole taping pointed to a Kim win which was smart of them
  • ChiChi's family was in the balcony, Ru did a shout out to them, but the balcony was not full at that point because the taping went so late.
  • Bob was asked about Thorgy and she said that she kind of hates her. It was hilarious and I wish they had kept it in to complement Thorgy answering the same question
  • Thorgy's violin solo was much longer, and AMAZING!
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, pookymama said:

• Trixie coming at Acid Betty about Untucked. They went back and forth for a good 5 minutes
  • They had to do a redo on the purse presentaion to Ru since Ru did not like the way the segment flowed. There were several reshoots of lines right after Bobs interview
  • The only queen that Ru hugged after the interview was Kim. The whole taping pointed to a Kim win which was smart of them
  • ChiChi's family was in the balcony, Ru did a shout out to them, but the balcony was not full at that point because the taping went so late.
  • Bob was asked about Thorgy and she said that she kind of hates her. It was hilarious and I wish they had kept it in to complement Thorgy answering the same question

Did it seem like Bob was joking about hating Thorgy?

17 hours ago, rozen said:

I love that Raja was like "f these bitches" and wore her favorite Madonna look after ripping everyone to pieces on Fashion Photo Review. 

OMG me too! I cackled hysterically when she came out in that Madonna look clearly saying "Look queens this is how you do Madonna!"

• Love 2
3 hours ago, pookymama said:

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing the T, I knew Thorgy's violin playing had to go longer wish we could see an uncut version. I also really want to see the Trixie AB stuff

Aw. Thank you for posting the link to the vid but Betty v. Trixie made my heart hurt, I like them so much and hate to see animosity between our queens. Unless it's directed at say, Phi Phi. (smirk)

And I can't believe I forgot to mention Raja's "THIS is the way you do Madonna, bitches" reveal on the stage. LOVE HER. 

• Love 2

Even though PhiPhi was never going to be up for Miss Congeniality, it was evident to me that she had a lot of issues she needed to deal with. It was often painful to watch. I can honestly say if it was possible to simultaneously dislike someone and feel compassion for them, that's how I felt about PhiPhi.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, Scarlet1815 said:

Didn't someone else on the show say they would burn wigs if they really hated someone? Or was that AB just plagiarizing herself? She should have tagged out and let Robbie or someone answer for her, that was a wasted opportunity she should have known was coming. Of all the wackiness on Trixie's face, she went for the nose contour? Like, c'mon, call her a walking 99 cent store kaleidoscope, something!

<3 Trixie. Of course she would sell shirts in the parking lot first. She's a goddamn professional woman of grace and dignity, as Katya would say.

Edited by rozen
  • Love 1

I'm sort of waiting for Vivacious to comment on Bob's purse upstaging Ornacia.  Vivacious was a cool queen, eliminated all too soon. Her accessory could have also been a drag queen in her own right.

Happy Bob won.

Found this video on YouTube about Cynthia "Cucu". Hilarious. Her facial expressions are priceless.

Loved the finale! I was away on vacation and didn't want to be spoiled but I foolishly opened my Instagram while away and I follow most of the queens from this season so I got spoiled anyway lol.

It was a very deserving final 3 and I echo everyone who said they would have been happy with any of the 3 winning. I was team Naomi but I love Bob and I think he will do the brand proud. 

Dax looked amazing at the finale! I'm a huge nerd so her Asgardian Storm look was everything to me. 

• Love 1

I thought Bob the Drag Queen was the most polished of the final 3 so I am not surprised he won. Kim Chi was the best in terms of her looks but the fact that she couldn't dance I think doomed her. Naomi is pretty and reminds me of Stacey Dash in the face. She was my favorite going on due to her high fashion glamor, but I understand why she didn't win. In any case, Naimi has the most adorable family and I am glad she has been able to pursue her passion with the full support of her siblings and parents.

I also think this is one of the least bitchy seasons whereby the queens (at least in the top 5) got along, for the most part. Also love BTDQ's "Purse first" catchphrase. How brilliant!

• Love 1